SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Sage Icon

Props to the graphics guy. Got the new slate background now, and added the orange selection bars. Looks wonderful, and keeps me true to the Oklahoma State University colors!

Thanks Mike.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmolnar View Post
Thanks so much MeInMaui!

I love the black background with the blue selection bars. After setting the option background color to black in the SageMC options, this theme looks great!

Also, the new timeline indicator is great! I really like the new look.

I have one question though. Is it possible to add a "glow" around the entire video window display in the lower left corner of the screen when it is selected? The old iTV theme did this, I'm not sure if it was a function of the import, or if it is possible with the current SageMC STV. Currently, just the text under the window brightens when it is selected, and it's hard to tell if you actually have it selected or not.

Carl
You're welcome. I'm glad you like it!

And of course, you found another graphics file that I forgot. I'll take a look at that tonight. Thanks for the feedback. I know I also have to work up a default album cover. If you find anything else missing please let me know. Thanks again!

Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-06-2007, 11:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
Props to the graphics guy. Got the new slate background now, and added the orange selection bars. Looks wonderful, and keeps me true to the Oklahoma State University colors!

Thanks Mike.
Thanks Jason!
Old 04-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Guide Colors - can they be linked to other types?

Hi, I like the Guide Colors, but on my guide the only thing I get is light and dark blue. Why? Because my XMLTV - Belgian/Europe - does not use the terms as News (but nieuws), Movie (but film) and so one.

- I did already in MC setup put 'film' for movie, so I get all movies when I look for them. But that does not seem to influence the color scheme in the guide.

- I could of course in the XMLTV change all into the naming as used (did just try with a few, and of course that works).

Is there a way in MC I could 'link' local language categories to the ones used by Sage in the guide coloring, or something else? Or is XMLTV renaming the only option (which is not a major issue I guess, just want to know if there are other options).

Jan
Old 04-06-2007, 01:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParedis View Post
Hi, I like the Guide Colors, but on my guide the only thing I get is light and dark blue. Why? Because my XMLTV - Belgian/Europe - does not use the terms as News (but nieuws), Movie (but film) and so one.

- I did already in MC setup put 'film' for movie, so I get all movies when I look for them. But that does not seem to influence the color scheme in the guide.

- I could of course in the XMLTV change all into the naming as used (did just try with a few, and of course that works).

Is there a way in MC I could 'link' local language categories to the ones used by Sage in the guide coloring, or something else? Or is XMLTV renaming the only option (which is not a major issue I guess, just want to know if there are other options).

Jan
Hi Jan,

I think what you want is to rename the guide bar files to match your local categories:

tvguide_button_category_middle.png
tvguide_button_light_category_middle.png

I haven't tried it myself, but I think that should do it.

From the v6.3.2c release notes you also have the option of including a subcategory:

Quote:
- look for xxx_category_subcategory_xxx.png color guide bars if present
Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Kudos to you Mike! I love the new Liquid theme and I'm just fooling around with which background and selection bar colors I like the best! One think I noticed though, and I don't know if its SageMC's issue or the graphics themselves (or my problem), but on the Guide page the "Television" word graphic appears on top of the text "Guide" yet on the Videos, Music or Pictures pages the word graphic appears behind the text at the top.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Mike (or anyone else):

How did you get your video cover art to show up? On my system, I have both downloaded and IMDB covers, but the only thing that shows up is the automatically generated thumbnail. How can I get the covers to show up?

Thanks, and sorry for the OT question. Also, the new theme looks great! Has anyone tried it with SD yet?
Server: Antec SLK3800B, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, Biostar TForce 550, GeForce 7300LE, 1GB DDR2 800, 2 x HVR-1600, PVR-150MCE, 1.4TB HD Space, XP Pro, Java6, Latest SageTV Version
Old 04-06-2007, 05:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotguy7ca View Post
Kudos to you Mike! I love the new Liquid theme and I'm just fooling around with which background and selection bar colors I like the best! One think I noticed though, and I don't know if its SageMC's issue or the graphics themselves (or my problem), but on the Guide page the "Television" word graphic appears on top of the text "Guide" yet on the Videos, Music or Pictures pages the word graphic appears behind the text at the top.
Yup, I saw that too. It is in SageMC. You never see it with the original graphics, but it's pretty obvious now. It should be a very easy fix. I'll mention it to Dirk. Thanks!

Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-06-2007, 05:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enormous View Post
Mike (or anyone else):

How did you get your video cover art to show up? On my system, I have both downloaded and IMDB covers, but the only thing that shows up is the automatically generated thumbnail. How can I get the covers to show up?

Thanks, and sorry for the OT question. Also, the new theme looks great! Has anyone tried it with SD yet?
The cover art is from DVD Profiler, though I think the IMDB cover art should show up too. Sorry I can't be of much help on this one. I'll let you know if I think of anything.

I wouldn't recommend using this theme for SD yet. Everything is sized for HD, so the icons will be huge in SD. I'm planning to release a second version with reduced graphics for SD, but I want to catch all of the graphics that are still missing so that I only have to do it once.

Thanks for the comments!

Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Sage Icon

Just curious--any way to use a colored selection bar for the menu's but use one of the clear glossy selection bar in the guide? ideally, I would like to have the blue selection bar for all the menus except the guide. I find it easier to differentiate between the channel I am on if the guide selection bar is not blue (when using the colored guide bars).
Thanks,
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 04-06-2007, 07:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC View Post
Just curious--any way to use a colored selection bar for the menu's but use one of the clear glossy selection bar in the guide? ideally, I would like to have the blue selection bar for all the menus except the guide. I find it easier to differentiate between the channel I am on if the guide selection bar is not blue (when using the colored guide bars).
Thanks,
Juc
Sure. It's just a matter of changing out tvguide_button_selected_middle.png to something else. If you can give me a more detailed description of what you are looking for (or an example), I can probably whip one up for you tonight. You can also just substitute in that individual file from any of the other selection bar colors available, if one of those will work for you. HTH

Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Sure. It's just a matter of changing out tvguide_button_selected_middle.png to something else. If you can give me a more detailed description of what you are looking for (or an example), I can probably whip one up for you tonight. You can also just substitute in that individual file from any of the other selection bar colors available, if one of those will work for you. HTH

Aloha,
Mike
I think I have a similar issue. I'm using Background8 (lighter shade of blue) and it looks great. But the Transparency of the guide makes it hard to read. I like the selection bars (green) so I dont want to change those.

Good work!

Technazz
Old 04-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Sage Icon

Mike, do you have the hex value for the color of the weather temperature font on the weatherbar? I would like to use that color as the options menu background.

Too bad we still don't have a color swatch with SageTV. That would sure make things easier...
Old 04-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Mike, do you have the hex value for the color of the weather temperature font on the weatherbar? I would like to use that color as the options menu background.

Too bad we still don't have a color swatch with SageTV. That would sure make things easier...
0x636363 matches pretty well...Just did a screen capture of the main menu, then cloned the font for the weatherbar, then used the paintbrush tool to change the color (which defaults to the last color used). Not that many steps, huh?
Old 04-07-2007, 05:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
0x636363 matches pretty well...Just did a screen capture of the main menu, then cloned the font for the weatherbar, then used the paintbrush tool to change the color (which defaults to the last color used). Not that many steps, huh?
Hi Jason,

Sorry I didn't have a chance to check in sooner. Your solution is about the same thing I would have suggested. Glad you got it worked out.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-07-2007, 05:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post
I think I have a similar issue. I'm using Background8 (lighter shade of blue) and it looks great. But the Transparency of the guide makes it hard to read. I like the selection bars (green) so I dont want to change those.

Good work!

Technazz
Ah, I see the problem. I have an idea. I'll post something for this tonight or tomorrow along with a couple of other graphics I have to add. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-07-2007, 05:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Ah, I see the problem. I have an idea. I'll post something for this tonight or tomorrow along with a couple of other graphics I have to add. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike

Thanks!

Technazz
Old 04-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Aloha,
Mike
Thanks,

Now that I know what file to switch to I'm sure i can work it out. Its the transparency issue for me though. If you are using the colored guide bars for me, alot of them are blue and if using a blue selection bar it makes it hard to tell if one is selected. I prefer the glassy clear selection bar in the guide for this instance.
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 04-08-2007, 04:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Ok guys,

I've updated both the liquid theme and the alternate graphics downloads. Both have several additions/updates. I hope this solves most of the problems. The new/updated graphics for the default theme as well as the alternate guide bar files are in the attached zip file if they are all you need and you don't want to download the full packages again. Please let me know if anything else comes up.

Aloha,
Mike

Here are the release notes for both:

Liquid Theme v1.3
Added video_window_focus.png and video_title_focus.png files to default selection bar set for highlight of both large and small video preview in menu lower corner.
Made the progress bar indicator more transparent so the time line is easier to see through it.
Added graphics for default CD cover and music preview.
Updated numbered recording show icons. Numbers are less transparent to enhance visibility at a distance.

Alternate Graphics v1.2
Added video_window_focus.png and video_title_focus.png files to all selection bar sets for highlight of both large and small video preview in menu lower corner.
Added alternate channel background and default guide bar background for current time slot in Guide Bars subfolder. Should eleminate difficulties in reading white text when using light background due to transparency. New channel background should allow easy distinguishing from blue selection bars on dark background.
Updated alternate numbered recording show icons. Numbers are less transparent to enhance visibility at a distance.
Updated alternate Main Menu graphic (left side). Is better looking now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Liquid Theme Update.zip (262.6 KB, 137 views)

Last edited by MeInMaui; 04-08-2007 at 04:50 AM.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Ok guys,

I've updated both the liquid theme and the alternate graphics downloads. Both have several additions/updates. I hope this solves most of the problems. The new/updated graphics for the default theme as well as the alternate guide bar files are in the attached zip file if they are all you need and you don't want to download the full packages again. Please let me know if anything else comes up.

Aloha,
Mike

Here are the release notes for both:

Liquid Theme v1.3
Added video_window_focus.png and video_title_focus.png files to default selection bar set for highlight of both large and small video preview in menu lower corner.
Made the progress bar indicator more transparent so the time line is easier to see through it.
Added graphics for default CD cover and music preview.
Updated numbered recording show icons. Numbers are less transparent to enhance visibility at a distance.

Alternate Graphics v1.2
Added video_window_focus.png and video_title_focus.png files to all selection bar sets for highlight of both large and small video preview in menu lower corner.
Added alternate channel background and default guide bar background for current time slot in Guide Bars subfolder. Should eleminate difficulties in reading white text when using light background due to transparency. New channel background should allow easy distinguishing from blue selection bars on dark background.
Updated alternate numbered recording show icons. Numbers are less transparent to enhance visibility at a distance.
Updated alternate Main Menu graphic (left side). Is better looking now.
Thanks!

Looks a little better. I tried somthing else. I used the old Blue two tv guide backgrounds and it looked better but I think my problem is not the transparency but the 'Gloss' on the top side of the bar. its seems it bleeds into the text a little bit. My text size is 22 and it gets the top edit. I prefer NON glossy bars just for my guide is that possible?

I'm a cad/cam guy not photoshop guy..

Thanks

Technazz