SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-30-2007, 05:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Hi Guys,

I didn't have quite as much time to work on the theme this week as I had hoped, so it isn't quite finished yet. At this point it looks like I should have an initial release ready sometime this weekend (fingers crossed). Sorry for the delay.

Aloha,
Mike
Not a problem. OT: I'm typing w/ 1 hand as we "type," b/c our Sydney Jade came into the world 3 days ago! Lets just say I'm a bit behind in reading my subscribed posts...

Old 03-30-2007, 05:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
Not a problem. OT: I'm typing w/ 1 hand as we "type," b/c our Sydney Jade came into the world 3 days ago! Lets just say I'm a bit behind in reading my subscribed posts...

Jason,

congratulations !!!

Dirk
Old 03-30-2007, 05:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Don't worry. You will get a full night's sleep again.... in about 18yrs.

Congratulations!!!

Aloha,
Mike

P.S. My wife has a baby play group every Wednesday morning. Bring her on over!
Old 03-30-2007, 07:33 PM
Sage Icon

LOL, thanks guys. Doubt I'll be able to just stop by, Mike, but thanks for the offer. I wouldn't mind, I wouldn't kid you, that's for sure, but I think our vacations are done for a while...

We haven't slept much that last few nights, waiting on mom's milk to come in. We gave her a little formula after a feeding, and she flat went out! Wow, finally, a little less crying from that hungry baby!
Old 03-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Jason,

Congratulations

Welcome to the world of sleep deprivation and Meconium.

If it was that bad, we wouldn't be waiting for number 4.

Congrats again and enjoy.

Cheers

Mark
Old 03-30-2007, 07:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
LOL, thanks guys. Doubt I'll be able to just stop by, Mike, but thanks for the offer. I wouldn't mind, I wouldn't kid you, that's for sure, but I think our vacations are done for a while...

We haven't slept much that last few nights, waiting on mom's milk to come in. We gave her a little formula after a feeding, and she flat went out! Wow, finally, a little less crying from that hungry baby!
Now where is the link to your photos?

Here's mine.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/maui-engelmann

Aloha,
Mike
Old 03-30-2007, 10:27 PM
Sage Icon

Wow, nothing that well put together, but here is a link: www.blog.thebentzhome.com

Those are some good looking kids. It's amazing they are looking that old already! Now, I have to ask, only because, I'm of similar background, but who did the ears come from?

You can see mine (before I had them "altered") in this picture here, where I'm feeding my little brother:

http://blog.thebentzhome.com/2007/03...ng/jason-eric/

(My dad was the guilty party on that one!)

Bed time!
Old 03-31-2007, 05:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Wow, nothing that well put together, but here is a link: www.blog.thebentzhome.com

Those are some good looking kids. It's amazing they are looking that old already! Now, I have to ask, only because, I'm of similar background, but who did the ears come from?

You can see mine (before I had them "altered") in this picture here, where I'm feeding my little brother:

http://blog.thebentzhome.com/2007/03...ng/jason-eric/

(My dad was the guilty party on that one!)

Bed time!
Thanks for the pics! I have no idea where Nathan got his ears, but they certainly crack us up.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Arrow Liquid Theme

Hi again,

Ok, I've uploaded the initial verion of the all new Liquid Theme! (see the link in my signature) I have only had time to put together the HD verion for now. Hopefully I'll be able to scale down the graphics for SD use this week. I have also included some alternate graphics for those who wish to customize (of course that wouldn't be anyone here). There are several colors available for the selection bars, some alternate show icons, and alternates for the main menu graphic and My Videos hover icon.
There seems to be a 10MB limit to uploading files, so I couldn't pack anything else in.

I hope you guys like it. Now I need some sleep.

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 03-31-2007 at 06:07 AM.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:34 AM
Sage Icon

Upon initial inspection of your screen shot, they look awesome.

I will be downloading shortly, when I'll get it installed, is another question.

Your adaption of the SageTV logo is pretty cool as well.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Exclamation

I just found a small problem. The encoder markers won't show up. I accidentally put the EncoderMarkers in the ShowIcons subfolder. For now you can move them up one level to the Images_Liquid folder until I have a chance to fix the download. Sorry about that.

Aloha,
Mike

Edit: I also just noticed that I'm missing the transport controls graphics as well. Please let me know if anything else is missing and I'll add it as quickly as I can. For now you can grab whatever you find is missing from one of the other themes and copy them into the Images_Liquid folder. Again, sorry about that.

Last edited by MeInMaui; 03-31-2007 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:37 AM
Sage Icon

It looks really good Mike, I will have to wait until the package is corrected though, I'm sure you know why...LOL.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It looks really good Mike, I will have to wait until the package is corrected though, I'm sure you know why...LOL.
Looks like I jumped the gun on releasing this just a bit. I'm working on the additional graphics. Hopefully I'll have the package completed this week. There was more still to do than I realized.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-02-2007, 02:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Wow, that new theme looks great, I can't wait to see it on my HDTV

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 04-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Sage Icon

I think I'm going to go ahead and attempt trying it. I assume everything works, but there may just be a few graphics missing?
Old 04-02-2007, 03:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Looks like I jumped the gun on releasing this just a bit. I'm working on the additional graphics. Hopefully I'll have the package completed this week. There was more still to do than I realized.

Aloha,
Mike
Mike, here is what I ended up getting... Not sure what happened. I may try playing around switching back between themes...

Also, is there any way to make it to where the selection bar on the main menu, and the SageMC logo to the left, do not interfere with each other? That would be cool...
Old 04-02-2007, 03:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Mike, here is what I ended up getting... Not sure what happened. I may try playing around switching back between themes...

Also, is there any way to make it to where the selection bar on the main menu, and the SageMC logo to the left, do not interfere with each other? That would be cool...
Hi Jason,

The background problem is because I saved the background as a .jpg file and the default is looking for a .png file. (Sorry, I'll fix that in the next update) For now, you can change the background image in the SageMC Options menu. I noticed another issue in the Slim Player plugin, where it does not obey the setting for use of an alternate background. It will always look for background.png. I did include a shorter selection bar in the download. It is named hp_selectionbar2.png (same as in my other selection bars). You will have to manually rename it. I think I may make that one the default.

I think the best thing to do for now is make a copy of the theme folder of your favorite theme and rename it to Images_Liquid. Then drop in the new graphics. This will overwrite everything in that folder that I have new graphics for, but you will still have all of the other theme's graphics for everything else.

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 04-02-2007 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Sage Icon

I appear to have that overwriting text problem now that I need to get rid of.

I have reinstalled the latest full version of SageMC, but that didn't work. I may need to reinstall SageTV, then a fresh install of SageMC, and try again...
Old 04-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I appear to have that overwriting text problem now that I need to get rid of.

I have reinstalled the latest full version of SageMC, but that didn't work. I may need to reinstall SageTV, then a fresh install of SageMC, and try again...
Okay, guess it was the background.png versus .jpg. Once I found that line in the properties file, and corrected it to the original background.png, it was all fixed.

So, am I not able to use the background.jpg in the "Images" directory? I'll probably try it in a minute, just to verify. I was using one of your older files from the background download.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:43 PM
SageTVaholic

I've actually switched over to the bluetwo background on my main system for now. I'll have to put together a few simpler backgrounds in different colors. In practice, I think the spilled water background is too busy. A smoother background just makes the rest of the graphics pop. So much to do....