SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Sage Icon

I thought I used the smaller ones... Maybe it just looks bigger in my screen capture.

It appears the site that serves my web site is down...so I can't see it.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I thought I used the smaller ones... Maybe it just looks bigger in my screen capture.
Now that I look at it, I think you are right. Some odd illusion between my browser and screenshots. Pretty funny that we had the same idea. I did the same with my "favorites" icon as well.

On a side note, how many TB of storage are you using!

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat
On a side note, how many TB of storage are you using!
For the entire system, roughly 1.5TB. (2x500GB and 2x250GB). However, for recordings and DVDs, I'm only using about 1.3TB, the rest is for the OS and FLAC music files.

Eventually, when my PriceGrabber price point on the 500GB drives hits (around $120), I'll probably replace the 250GB drives.

I'm going to be getting an HD camcorder in the next couple weeks (new baby), so I'm going to need more storage on the office PC, which currently only has 160GB. So, I'll probably shift the two 250GB drives to it, and also get a 500GB external HDD that I can use for power down backup (completely remove it from the system, in the event of an electrical power problem).

The bad thing about having storage space, is it eventually gets filled up, even if you are good about deleting watched shows. I've only got about 130GB free, out of that 1.3TB!
Old 02-08-2007, 01:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Mike! How are the twins? I've only got 7 more weeks before our kid is born!

Have you ever thought about doing some Webserver squared graphics?

This was my first shot at them.

Notice, they are GIFs instead of PNGs. One thing, is that in the web server, there is an icon for favorites that either, record ALL, FIRST RUNS, or RERUNS. I'm using the same "favorite" icon for all of them. Also, there is an icon for "Allowing Deletion" of the files, if they have been watched, etc. There are little tiny round icons used in the guide as well.
Hi Jason,

The twins are great. They are 6mos old and very active. Be happy that you're only having one. I have determined this empirical relation for the total work involved:

# of kids = log( Total Work / Work for 1 kid ) + 1

In my case # of kids = 3 ... Yikes!
Seriously, best wishes on your new arrival. Get as much sleep as you can, NOW.

Anyway, I like what you've done with the icons. I don't use the web server right now, but it would be easy to put an icon set together from the original photoshop files. If you could provide me a complete list of filenames for all of the required icons, I can make up the few additional ones that are missing and post the whole set. Since I have templates for these, it is very simple to make new ones.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Sage Icon

Wow, 3, that's got to be a handful. I am glad we are only having one as well! I seem to be doing pretty good in the sleep department, but my wife, on the other hand, isn't doing so well...

I have attached the graphics used in the most recent Webserver. They are contained in the /sage directory. There is also a /webremote directory, which contains icons for the webremote. I'm not sure it's really necessary for those, except for the people that use it.

I thought the actual files might be of more use, as it's hard to tell what they are for, just by the names...

You can get the actual folder path from my download a few posts above.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sage.zip (131.9 KB, 191 views)
Old 02-08-2007, 01:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Jason. I'll check it out in the next couple of days.
First I have to finish making some changes to... Oops, nevermind.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-08-2007, 02:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
First I have to finish making some changes to... Oops, nevermind.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar

You guys.. can't let one slip..?
Old 02-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Sage Icon

Here we go again...

Thanks Mike. No rush, as usual! (Well, would help if you can have them before 7 weeks go by...but still...no rush!)
Old 02-08-2007, 06:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Here we go again...

Thanks Mike. No rush, as usual! (Well, would help if you can have them before 7 weeks go by...but still...no rush!)

I should be able to knock them out way before that.

I finished this round of changes to..er..um...that thing...and I sent it off to...um...you know. Ahem. So anyway it looks like I should have a bit of time to play with the icons starting tonight as long as the kids cooperate.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-27-2007, 10:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

I forgot about this problem for a long long time until I noticed a strange blue bar the other night for family guy. I then realized it was my custom animation bar that never never shows up because there are hardly any "animated" shows out there.

I was wondering if there was ever a workaround for the 2 genre problem concerning the guide bars?

ie: the animation bar not showing for shows labeled as sitcom/animated but are for shows labeled animated or animated/sitcom

Any way to get MC to properly color or include a way to have a duplicate bar named sitcom_animated??

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat
I forgot about this problem for a long long time until I noticed a strange blue bar the other night for family guy. I then realized it was my custom animation bar that never never shows up because there are hardly any "animated" shows out there.

I was wondering if there was ever a workaround for the 2 genre problem concerning the guide bars?

ie: the animation bar not showing for shows labeled as sitcom/animated but are for shows labeled animated or animated/sitcom

Any way to get MC to properly color or include a way to have a duplicate bar named sitcom_animated??
Flachbar actually added the color coding support to SageMC. I just generated some graphics to make use of the feature. I'm not sure what would be involved in making this change, but you could ask him and see what happens. Sorry I can't be more help.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 03-07-2007, 09:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi guys,

I was inspired by the new sage 6.1 background to go and play in photoshop to see if I could come up with something that would fit well with SageMC. Here is what I came up with. I will probably try coming up with some others as time permits. Hope you like it.

Aloha,
Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Background.jpg (80.2 KB, 266 views)
Old 03-07-2007, 09:17 PM
Sage Icon

I really like it.

I love SageMC, but with the base product getting an all new look I've felt slightly jealous. Not enough to change back to the base, but just a teency, weency bit jealous.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I was inspired by the new sage 6.1 background to go and play in photoshop....
BTW: when making new background images, you may want to also provide a smaller alternate version that is less than 1024 on each side. I've heard there were some graphics card problems reported when the default background was larger than that.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for the tip, Andy.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:27 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hi guys,

I was inspired by the new sage 6.1 background to go and play in photoshop to see if I could come up with something that would fit well with SageMC. Here is what I came up with. I will probably try coming up with some others as time permits. Hope you like it.

Aloha,
Mike
Love it. Looks awesome in 1080p!
Old 03-08-2007, 04:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Love it. Looks awesome in 1080p!
Thanks Jason!

I tweaked the image a bit and I like it much better now. The attached zip file contains several color variations. Enjoy!

Aloha,
Mike

Attached Files
File Type: zip Backgrounds.zip (727.4 KB, 222 views)

Last edited by MeInMaui; 03-08-2007 at 04:17 AM.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks Jason!

I tweaked the image a bit and I like it much better now. The attached zip file contains several color variations. Enjoy!

Aloha,
Mike

Very nice .... !

I'll upload a slight variation of my personal SageMCE theme which is using the transparent 6.1 button backgrounds tonight, in case someone is interested...

Dirk
Old 03-08-2007, 08:49 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Very nice .... !

I'll upload a slight variation of my personal SageMCE theme which is using the transparent 6.1 button backgrounds tonight, in case someone is interested...

Dirk
Would love to see it.

Thanks for the update Mike. I was just noticing that the background didn't quite match the theme I happen to be using...

I'm sure one of the 6 or so, shades of blue should do it!