SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-14-2006, 01:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleghator
Here I am again (back to me!). So, there's clearly some sort of conflict with one of the plug-ins?

Well, I'd rather have WebRadio and Movie Times than fancy folder graphics, if I have to choose.

--Heidi
...Oh sure. Choose functionality over eye candy.

Actually I haven't even gotten around to installing the genre icons yet. The funny thing is I don't even use the genre view! Oh well.

Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know that I have added the last incarnation of the Glassy Guide Bars to the existing Guide Bar download. (I haven't gotten around to installing these on my system yet either. )

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 09-14-2006 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I'm sure Mike would be to hear that!
Don't get me wrong ... the graphics are gorgeous, but when it comes to functionality of actual plugins or aesthetics, I suppose the aesthetics can wait. I'm not in a hurry. One of you SageMC geniuses will have a solution, eventually, I'm sure.

Last edited by alleghator; 09-14-2006 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:15 PM
Sage Fanatic

Wow, I've been out of the loop...first auto aspect ratio, then SageMC 6ish and now these. I've got all sorts of fun planned as soon as they setup my DSL again.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia
Wow, I've been out of the loop...first auto aspect ratio, then SageMC 6ish and now these. I've got all sorts of fun planned as soon as they setup my DSL again.
Hi Naylia,

Good to see you! It's been a while. Dirk (flachbar) has been working wonders with his 6.x versions of SageMC. I think you'll be like a kid in a candy store.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-14-2006, 03:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia
Long time no see...

Oh, yeah, check out the SageMC 16x9 Options menu, now you can change settings in the properties file without having to exit out, and do it manually. Pretty cool.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

OK, along the lines of not leaving well enough alone, how does one go about determining what is conflicting with the pretty genre icons on my system?

--Heidi
Old 09-15-2006, 09:47 AM
Sage Icon

Do you see any of them to begin with, or do you just see the standard icon (no graphics) with the name on it, such as "Action?"

Did you extract them to /Program Files/SageTV/SageTV/ and have Sage shut down when you did so?
Old 09-15-2006, 10:28 AM
Sage Icon

OK, this may be a dumb question, but do I have to put your wonderful icons only in the images folder or in each of the images folders for each of the themes?
Old 09-15-2006, 10:29 AM
Sage Icon

By the way, I almost forgot that the new glassy guide bars have resolved my problem with yellow (that and making the text a little smaller which I should have thought of when I saw your sample image).
Old 09-15-2006, 10:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Hi toricred,

The icons just have to go in the images folder. Just keep in mind that if you ever change themes, they will be overwritten with whatever is in the theme folder (this goes for all of the other custom graphics as well). To avoid this, you can put them in the theme folder also.

Glad to hear the new guide bars are working for you!

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-15-2006, 10:43 AM
Sage Icon

That's how I thought the icons worked. With 3 kids a wife and I, the themes seem to get changed on a regular basis so I'll just keep putting them in all the folders.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Do you see any of them to begin with, or do you just see the standard icon (no graphics) with the name on it, such as "Action?"

Did you extract them to /Program Files/SageTV/SageTV/ and have Sage shut down when you did so?
I see the "generic" icon for everything (whether in folder or list view), and Sage puts the title "Action" (etc) in white letters near the top of the page when I highlight each folder.

Added after fiddling with it a bit: I shut down Sage and deleted all the files out of the GenreIcons folder. When I restarted all the folders had the text [Unassigned] on them, but still would indicate the correct genre in white text at the top of the page when highlighted (just as they did when the folder icons were there). I shut down again and put all the graphics back, and I'm back to having the generic graphic for all folders (except the Unassigned folder, which has had the correct Unassigned graphic this whole time).

--Heidi

Last edited by alleghator; 09-15-2006 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Heidi,

I'm at a loss. Could you follow the directions in this post and then post your log file? If you are not using the service, then just make the changes to the sage.properties file and the log file would then be something like sagetv_0.txt in the SageTV folder. Maybe something will jump out.

Mike
Old 09-15-2006, 06:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I see the "generic" icon for everything (whether in folder or list view), and Sage puts the title "Action" (etc) in white letters near the top of the page when I highlight each folder.

Added after fiddling with it a bit: I shut down Sage and deleted all the files out of the GenreIcons folder. When I restarted all the folders had the text [Unassigned] on them, but still would indicate the correct genre in white text at the top of the page when highlighted (just as they did when the folder icons were there). I shut down again and put all the graphics back, and I'm back to having the generic graphic for all folders (except the Unassigned folder, which has had the correct Unassigned graphic this whole time).

--Heidi
Heidi.

It could be that you have an older version of 6.11a.

I know that the genre icons depeded on a df_sageutils.jar file on a certain version, but Dirk removed the dependancy on one of the "sneaky" updates to 6.11.

You might want to redownload it, and install it again. Or at least, compare your downloaded zip file with the currently available one (and check the file sizes).
Old 09-16-2006, 05:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Actgually, I've updated since his fix, and before that I added that JAR file, just to see if I was having dependency issues.

(Aside from the obvious dependency issues I personally have with you guys here!)

--Heidi
Old 09-16-2006, 05:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
- shutdown Sage
- add/edit debug_logging=TRUE in SageClient.properties
- add/edit plugins/df/debug_level=1 in SageClient.properties
- restart Sage
- go to the video library
- attach sagetvclient_0.txt to your post
And, if I'm not using Sage Client, do I want to add this line in my actual sage.properties file instead?

--Heidi
Old 09-16-2006, 06:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
And, if I'm not using Sage Client, do I want to add this line in my actual sage.properties file instead?

--Heidi
Heidi,

if you are using the SageTV service, then still use SageClient.properties, if not then use Sage.properties.

Dirk
Old 09-17-2006, 01:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok, I think I have finally found a style I like for the main menu icons. Please have a look and let me know what you think. (It looks much better in SageMC than it does here) If there is general acceptance, I'll start working on the rest of them. Thanks!

Aloha,
Mike
Attached Images
File Type: png hover_my tv.png (96.7 KB, 214 views)

Last edited by MeInMaui; 09-18-2006 at 02:54 AM.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:42 PM
Sage Icon

Mike is that image ready to go? I mean, can I throw it on my system and see how it looks, or can you show a screenshot of it in action? Also, which theme are you currently using? If its one that has been removed from the download area, would it begin with "R" or "3"?
Old 09-18-2006, 02:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Mike is that image ready to go? I mean, can I throw it on my system and see how it looks, or can you show a screenshot of it in action? Also, which theme are you currently using? If its one that has been removed from the download area, would it begin with "R" or "3"?
Hi Kirby,

The image is ready to go. You can just drop it into your images folder to try it. (Back up the original first) It should look good with most themes although I've only tested it with themes that start with 'R'. I particularly like it when used with my stylized SageTV logo.

Mike