SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-14-2006, 09:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
LOL, I just did that, and now I have these huge squares, with Mikes little icon bar genre at the top.
Mine look like this, too. Whether I'm in list view or folder view, it seems to be using the generic "Action" graphic, rather than the "action_list" or "action_folder" graphics. So, I have a regular-sized bar (or folder), with a teensy little graphic on it.

I'm using the clear glassy selection bars, if that matters.

--Heidi
Old 09-14-2006, 10:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleghator
Mine look like this, too. Whether I'm in list view or folder view, it seems to be using the generic "Action" graphic, rather than the "action_list" or "action_folder" graphics. So, I have a regular-sized bar (or folder), with a teensy little graphic on it.

I'm using the clear glassy selection bars, if that matters.

--Heidi
Hopefully this is an easy one. Go to SageMC options and enable fullsize genre icons. I forget exactly where the setting is, but it should be easy to find.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-14-2006, 10:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Hopefully this is an easy one. Go to SageMC options and enable fullsize genre icons. I forget exactly where the setting is, but it should be easy to find.

Aloha,
Mike
Hi Mike,

might be a good idea to place a short note on your download pages that the full size icons have to be enabled (default=disabled).

Dirk
Old 09-14-2006, 10:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Hi Mike,

might be a good idea to place a short note on your download pages that the full size icons have to be enabled (default=disabled).

Dirk

Edit: Done.

Last edited by MeInMaui; 09-14-2006 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I forget exactly where the setting is, but it should be easy to find.
Apparently not easy for me. I looked all through them and couldn't find it. Can someone direct me more specifically, please?

--Heidi
Old 09-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Apparently not easy for me. I looked all through them and couldn't find it. Can someone direct me more specifically, please?

--Heidi
Settings, detailed setup, sagemc 16x9 options, icons, full size genre icons.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Settings, detailed setup, sagemc 16x9 options, icons, full size genre icons.
I have: encoder icons, first icons, guide firstrun icons, grouped watched icons, conflict icons, rec icons for othershowings, show channel logos, icon height in EPG, show all icons, rec indicator, show offline icons.

That's it.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I have: encoder icons, first icons, guide firstrun icons, grouped watched icons, conflict icons, rec icons for othershowings, show channel logos, icon height in EPG, show all icons, rec indicator, show offline icons.

That's it.
Check the version of SageMC in the information window under the settings menu. Make sure you are running v6.11x.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-14-2006, 11:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Check the version of SageMC in the information window under the settings menu. Make sure you are running v6.11x.
Aha! I'm on 6.10a. I guess I'm behind the times. How often should I re-download the SageMC software to update (is there an auto-update?)?

--Heidi
Old 09-14-2006, 11:32 AM
Sage Icon

this week its been about 2 updates a day it seems
Old 09-14-2006, 11:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
this week its been about 2 updates a day it seems
Well then, and auto-update feature or a "click to update" button would be an awfully handy feature.

Guess I'll go update and then enable the large icons.

--Heidi
Old 09-14-2006, 12:07 PM
Sage User

Well, now its quasi-working. There are large icons in folder view now, but they're all the same (the generic one). I seem to recall seeing something about this problem earlier in this thread, so I'm off to do my research.

Thanks for the help!

--Heidi
Old 09-14-2006, 12:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Well then, and auto-update feature or a "click to update" button would be an awfully handy feature.

Guess I'll go update and then enable the large icons.

--Heidi
It's usually not this bad (or good, depending on how you look at it!), about updates 2-3 times a day. Usually this just happens right after a release, when there are a couple somewhat important things to fix. Everything else, just gets added to the list, and comes out in the next major release.

I'd say normally, you seen an update about once every 2-3 weeks. Just subscribe to the thread (which I'm sure by now you are), and you can know about the updates. You could also just monitor the first post to check for updates as well...
Old 09-14-2006, 12:14 PM
Sage User

Well, I went back through the thread and found something about a JAR file mixup that was making all the large folder icons be the "generic" one. I downloaded the provided JAR file and restarted Sage, but the folders are all still using the generic icon.

What did I screw up??? I really am being a pain in the butt, I know.

--Heidi
Old 09-14-2006, 12:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by klye
Well, now its quasi-working. There are large icons in folder view now, but they're all the same (the generic one). I seem to recall seeing something about this problem earlier in this thread, so I'm off to do my research.

Thanks for the help!

--Heidi
Go back to this post where Dirk found a fix for when I only had generic's viewing: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=264

Unzip that attachment into your JARs directory. But the odd thing is, Dirk re-wrote sagemc to not need that JAR file, so I am a bit confused. You absolutely sure you are on 6.11a version of MC? Maybe you have another plugin that overwrote something from 6.11a?
Old 09-14-2006, 12:18 PM
Sage User

I'm now using 6.11a for sure. I am also running the Movie Times and WebRadio plugins through Sage MC. Is there a known conflict there?

--Heidi

(edited: ps. I just noticed that this is my husband's login on this machine ... oops ... I'm still alleghator, if that matters)

Last edited by klye; 09-14-2006 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Sage Icon

yeah it matters, I dont want to help klye! Just kidding!

I dont use either of those plugins, but I would try going back to just MC without those 2 addons (re-install the JARs from 611a) just to be sure. It sure sounds like something is causing an issue there. I am only running SageMC 611a alone, and have perfect icons. And I dont think java version matters anymore, Dirk took care of any of those issues too as far as I know.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:39 PM
Sage Icon

Heidi's user name changed?!

Yeah, I removed the df_sageutils.jar file from the JARs directory, after the fix, and everything is working fine. So the jar file is no longer needed...wonder what else it could be...
Old 09-14-2006, 12:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Here I am again (back to me!). So, there's clearly some sort of conflict with one of the plug-ins?

Well, I'd rather have WebRadio and Movie Times than fancy folder graphics, if I have to choose.

--Heidi
Old 09-14-2006, 01:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Here I am again (back to me!). So, there's clearly some sort of conflict with one of the plug-ins?

Well, I'd rather have WebRadio and Movie Times than fancy folder graphics, if I have to choose.

--Heidi
Welcome back to yourself!

I'm sure Mike would be to hear that!

I'm using MovieTimes, and I'm sure there are other using WebRadio as well. It could be something else, just can't think of what it would be right off hand.