SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-06-2006, 06:54 AM
Sage Icon

Awesome!! Beautiful work you've done on all the icons!
Old 09-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Sage Icon

Those look cool, Mike. Can't wait to see the full size versions when we can use them.

BTW, how are your animated menu items coming along?! The nagging never stops...
Old 09-06-2006, 08:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
Sorry, that poor artwork was my doing (read:stealing). Just to make sure, your icons look like this...(img)
not just the dot streched across the whole button?

But if MeInMaui does find the time to make some sweet new status icons i'd be more than appreciative

Also, the nav buttons are ugly by design, unfortunatly. The offical DVD menu spec only allows for png's with ~4 total colors including transparency which didn't leave me much room for pretty
Yes, my icons appear like yours, but on a 50 plasma they are stretched quite a bit.

BTW, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for this feature - the WAF has gone through the roof this past week with the new SageMC I put together. However, when I showed her the DVD burning add in yesterday, the WAF went stratospheric! This is something that she has never wanted to bother trying to learn on a normal PC, and now she can do it with the remote control!! AWESOME! With Dirmon2 running, it couldn't be more automated.
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Here's a few genre I have that are missing icons. Maybe you can do something for these. I know the one with "/" is going to be an issue.

Classic
Martial Arts
Music
Science-Fiction
Suspense/Thriller

Thanks in advance.

Gerry

EDIT: My genres come from DVD Profiler so Martial-Arts and Sci-Fi are spelled different than mine.
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 09-06-2006 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
Here's a few genre I have that are missing icons. Maybe you can do something for these. I know the one with "/" is going to be an issue.

Classic
Martial Arts
Music
Science-Fiction
Suspense/Thriller

Thanks in advance.

Gerry
Hi Gerry,

The Martial Arts icon is actually in there, but Photoshop decided to put a dash in there when I generated the .png file and I missed it. You can remove the dash and replace it with a space until I have it corrected in my next release.

As far as the Science-Fiction genre goes, I do have a Sci-Fi icon. Do you think I should create a different icon for Science-Fiction, or duplicate the Sci-Fi icon? Ideally they would be combined into a single genre (since they really are the same), but I don't think that is likely to happen. I'll add the others that you listed.

I have the same issue with Suspense/Thriller. I think some logic may have to be added to the STV to parse the name and probably use the first genre listed (in this case Suspense). I'll have to ask Dirk about that.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-07-2006, 05:29 AM
Sage Icon

I'll second the request for Music (concerts) and a new one, Sport. So far I have "Step into Liquid" and "The Waterboy" in there, but I know there are others that I havent finished IMDB lookups on yet that will fall in there. Just dont put an image of Rudy on there and I will be happy!
Old 09-07-2006, 01:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
I'll second the request for Music (concerts) and a new one, Sport. So far I have "Step into Liquid" and "The Waterboy" in there, but I know there are others that I havent finished IMDB lookups on yet that will fall in there. Just dont put an image of Rudy on there and I will be happy!
Got it. I've got a few more to add that I've found also. (You sure you don't want 3 scenes from Rudy in the Sport icon? :evil grin: )

Quick update. I have made the full size icon changes to SageMC and sent the file to Dirk. As long as nothing is totally screwed up, we should have full sized icon capability in the near future. If all goes according to plan, the STV will use my original set of icons (or just the default ones) in the original genre view, elongated icons denoted as *_list.png files in the full size list view, and large square icons denoted *_folder.png in the folder view. I will have all three versions of the icons available in the next update of the download. That should be in the next week or so. Also, Dirk fixed the issue with genres that have a '/' in the name. He added code to replace the '/' with a '-'. I'll have icons for those as well in the next update. All in all, things are looking good for this project. Many thanks to Dirk for agreeing to incorporate these changes.

Aloha,
Mike

Important note about full size icons.

You will have to use these in conjunction with my glassy selection bars for things to look right. Things will look really bad if you try to use anything else. My apologies, this issue could not be avoided. The shape of the genre icons is matched to the shape of my selection bars and in the new STV the selection bar will overlay the genre icon so you can see what is selected. The consequence of this is that the selection bar must be transparent (which mine are). Sorry if this causes any inconvenience. The original view will still be available by disabling the new full size view in the SageMC Options menu (hopefully) for those who want to stick with the stock selection bars and/or screen layout.

Last edited by MeInMaui; 09-07-2006 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:48 PM
Sage Icon

Whats the solution for "Sci-Fi" vs. "Science Fiction" or whatever it was? Rather that having two genre's listed, would it be possible to hard code in a way for the STV to access a mapping file of sorts, that we could manually edit and define genre mappings? Examples (some quasi-xml code):

Code:
<GenreMapping>
   <Genre="Music" Alias="Music Special" />
   <Genre="Sci Fi" Alias="Science Fiction" />
</GenreMapping>
You get the idea I'm sure. I would think something like this would be quite useful, I know I would like to have it. As it stands now, you can change the genre of a show with nielm's webserver, but thats a lot of manual editting for those of us with huge libraries. Setting up a simple mapping could have its advantages!

And yes, I have Music Special as a genre listing for some concerts, so worse case I would need an icon for that too!

At some point it just seems like people that create the guide data create genres on a whim.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Important note about full size icons.

You will have to use these in conjunction with my glassy selection bars for things to look right. Things will look really bad if you try to use anything else. My apologies, this issue could not be avoided. The shape of the genre icons is matched to the shape of my selection bars and in the new STV the selection bar will overlay the genre icon so you can see what is selected. The consequence of this is that the selection bar must be transparent (which mine are). Sorry if this causes any inconvenience. The original view will still be available by disabling the new full size view in the SageMC Options menu (hopefully) for those who want to stick with the stock selection bars and/or screen layout.
To not use your glassy selection bars is a crime in itself! Those people should be strung up in the town center and stoned! Or at least not invited to the February Luau!

Last edited by Kirby; 09-07-2006 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Whats the solution for "Sci-Fi" vs. "Science Fiction" or whatever it was? Rather that having two genre's listed, would it be possible to hard code in a way for the STV to access a mapping file of sorts, that we could manually edit and define genre mappings? Examples (some quasi-xml code):

Code:
<GenreMapping>
   <Genre="Music" Alias="Music Special" />
   <Genre="Sci Fi" Alias="Science Fiction" />
</GenreMapping>
You get the idea I'm sure. I would think something like this would be quite useful, I know I would like to have it. As it stands now, you can change the genre of a show with nielm's webserver, but thats a lot of manual editting for those of us with huge libraries. Setting up a simple mapping could have its advantages!

And yes, I have Music Special as a genre listing for some concerts, so worse case I would need an icon for that too!

At some point it just seems like people that create the guide data create genres on a whim.
I completely agree. Maybe you could post a link to your idea in Dirk's SageMC 6.x thread as a feature request. It does seem to be the most elegant solution. (And it would make my life easier ) Thanks!

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-07-2006, 01:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
To not use your glassy selection bars is a crime in itself! Those people should be strung up in the town center and stoned! Or at least not invited to the February Luau!
Old 09-07-2006, 02:44 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
As long as nothing is totally screwed up, we should have full sized icon capability in the near future.
Mike is THE MAN!

Thanks again for all your hard work. How are those twins?

Jesse
Old 09-07-2006, 03:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse
Thanks again for all your hard work. How are those twins?

Jesse
Thanks Jesse. The twins are great! I've got them working on the folder view icons right now. They are really getting good with the mouse....as long as I strap a bottle to the back of it.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-07-2006, 03:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
BTW, how are your animated menu items coming along?! The nagging never stops...
Those were going very slowly. I just haven't really found a style I'm happy with. When the genre icon request came along, I had a pretty good idea of what to do right away, so I decided to run with it. But don't worry, I will get back to the main menu icons....eventually.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Sage Icon

Are the genre icons supposed to work in Television -> Movies -> Genres? Mine dont, in fact, there is nothing in each genre field except the text name, not even the ugly old folder icon or anything.

I'm guessing this is probably another feature request to present to Dirk?
Old 09-07-2006, 06:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Are the genre icons supposed to work in Television -> Movies -> Genres? Mine dont, in fact, there is nothing in each genre field except the text name, not even the ugly old folder icon or anything.

I'm guessing this is probably another feature request to present to Dirk?
I smell feature request.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:36 PM
Sage Icon

Yep, doesn't display for me either.

Thanks Dirk, I understand. I'll try not to get to upset by it. I really like the genre icons...
Old 09-07-2006, 06:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Yep, doesn't display for me either.

Thanks Dirk, I understand. I'll try not to get to upset by it. I really like the genre icons...
methinks geogecko needs another beer.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:43 PM
Sage Icon

Well, I don't drink, but I'll take a Dr. Pepper...or something similar. A Lime Ricky Soda from Prince Edward Island would be nice (Canada).
Old 09-08-2006, 03:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Ok, here's another teaser to keep you guys going.