SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 06-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Administrator

I think you are missing something that was explained earlier about EPG data for HD channels -- if the HD channel isn't already included in the lineup for the OTA listings that you chose, then the data for that channel is only available to SageTV to provide to you if it is already part of some cable or satellite lineup. Your other HD cahnnels are part of the OTA lineup that you gets downloaded. The one you are trying to add sounds like it isn't available to SageTV at all.

The ONLY thing you can do is: unmap the HD channel in question. Wait until after an EPG update so that the removed channel info gets removed from the database. Try adding it manually -- if it does not ask for a Sation ID, then you didn't wait long enough. If it asks for the ID, enter the one from the Zap2It sire for that exact channel. Later on: if you notice EPG data for the channel, then the data is obviosuly available. If no data ever shows up, then SageTV does not get the data from Zap2It & therefore can't provide the data to you.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

That's the problem. As far as I can tell it is available. Channel 6.2 is the same as 6 only broadcast in digital, 6.1 is the HD version and slightly different most of the time. Cable, Sat, and off air all contain the listings for the normal channel 6 and also the HD channel. In fact they show the listing for 6.2 as well.

So as I understand it the EPG is available, and in fact if I don't scan the channels and choose the columbia jefferson city local broadcast area instead of digital I get the listings for the missing stations on the digital card, although it's not complete. If I choose the digital listings for the area then I get them all but no EPG on the stations that should have it such as 6.2. 6.2 is KMOS-SD, same as KMOS analog. In the listings 6.2 would be KMOSDT2 as zap2it has it, although the scan finds it as KMOS-SD. Possibly part of the problem. I can manually add it of course and it tunes, but no EPG.

What tech support told me was that in this case it's not possible and can not be fixed, I don't buy that for a second because I have seen the epg when it was not mapped by choosing the digital or scanning the channels. To be honest I think zap2it has the problem.

I honestly believe that Sage Tech support does not understand the problem, but because I'm forced to about 1 email per day for support I can not verify this thought. As I said before, one phone call of 2 minutes would solve this issue because I can tell them exactly what happens, they can respond and ask a question and I can answer it until we both understand the issue. As is I get one chance per day, sometimes less when he has to ask the developer who said it's not fixable in this case.

The issue is I don't know where the problem lies, is it the zap2it listings? Is it how sage mapped it when it scanned the channels? Is it a combination?

How can I tell?

Here's what I know, every single channel I don't get an EPG for is listed in Zap2it's lineup when I type in my zipcode, it's also in the cable and sat lineups for the area.

The same applies to the other channels as well, they're listed in Zap2it and also cable, sat and off air listings.

For what it's worth, I removed the source from my PVR-150 card for the tuner on it, and in a couple days or so I'll try the station ID for the analog 6 for 6.2 and see if it works. I guess if it does then I can watch digital but not analog. Kind of a bummer though because something like what is happening now would mess things up. 13.1 is off air, yet 13 is on. I can watch CSI, well I could have except I removed the source to try and fix it, now I can not watch CSI because I don't have the analog tuner working. So if a digital station quits and the analog works I can not watch TV as it seems to be setup.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

To follow up, using xmltv I was able to get the EPG from Zap2it to showup. The updated howto is very useful and finally I was able to get things working as they should have.

Been busy or I would have posted the followup much earlier, the remodeling of the HT room was taking a while.