SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 12:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey Dirk, clear out your PM box, i've got a message for you

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 10-06-2006, 12:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
Hey Dirk, clear out your PM box, i've got a message for you
Yeah, this private message inbox really sucks... At least I'm glad that you got notified. Done, deleted a few messages...

Dirk
Old 10-06-2006, 02:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom
Wow, I just went back to the default stv when I loaded the v6beta. I forgot how much I disliked it.

I see that the google video feature is now integrated into MC, thanks for that. I'll look forward to the conversions being added too... I have never installed a 'flachbar' version of MC, but it looks like now is the time. Anything I need to know?

Can I use the installer pack to get the latest version of MC or do I need to use the 6.13 link?

Thanks to everyone who is/was working on SageMC!
Unless Jason already updated the installer package, you'll need both. First use the installer, and then unzip everything from the 6.13a download.

Dirk
Old 10-06-2006, 03:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
OK--possible bug (or maybe intended) with the google video integration. When I select a video to play, it says 'the clip is being bufferred, it will play in a few seconds'. Once it loads-it just brings you back to the menu where you can select the videos. It doens't start playing. You have to go back to either the main menu or somewhere with a preview screen and manually press play or select the preview window to begin. In the default .xml you after you select the video and it loads it will begin playing automatically.
JUC
That also happened to me last night.
The bug warranted an immediate fix, you can download 6.13a (just extract the XML file). This version also fixes the NTP problem in the focused edit field.

Dirk
Old 10-06-2006, 03:31 PM
Sage Icon

Dirk, just got around to installing v6 a few minutes ago. The google integration is pretty awesome.

No problems here so far, thank goodness. Java 1.6 with the latest snapshot.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there anyway to make the google video smaller in size? Something like half the size. The quality of the video really sucks. Anything in the Sage properties files that we could change maybe?

I figure a smaller window/size would make the quality somewhat better. I know, the quality is that of the google video users but I think it can be viewed better on a larger tv with a smaller video picture size.
SageTV 4.1 / JVC Analog TV 27"/ 2.93G speed Computer/ 512mb Ram/ Pvr-150 / 45 Hauppage remote / Verto GeForce FX 5500 128mb svideo out/ Dishnetwork 501 box/VideoRedo Plus/ShowAnalyzer/DVDStyler Free Mpeg to Dvd recorder
Old 10-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Sage User

Dirk,

I see you added the back option on delete for the pop up screen on the video. Thank you for that

When I disable that it should go to the 1st main screen. Mine goes to the TV screen.

The stop on the pop up screen either goes to the last screen or the 1st main screen.

I think it needs to be consistant. Both should either go to the last screen or the 1st main screen. Right now one goes to the main TV screen and the other goes to the 1st main screen (Home Screen).

Thanks.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:57 PM
SageTVaholic

v13 is working great for me, one bug though, when I play a DVD the info OSD takes up the entire screen.

It's also doing something dumb where it's trying to play back my DVD from my last known position which causing a ton of errors before I get to the menu, but i'm fairly sure that's a v6 beta thing.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 10-06-2006, 08:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
v13 is working great for me, one bug though, when I play a DVD the info OSD takes up the entire screen.
I had this too. Then after I did the IMDB update, and got the cover art, it went back to normal sized bar. I wonder if its because there was no image, or did the V6 image generation grab the full size image of the first scene in the file (for me it was a FBI warning screen)? Have you tried to do an IMDB update to get a coverart and see what happens?
Old 10-06-2006, 08:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

When I set the video options menu to background , if active nothing is shown. It only works when it is set to always. When it is set to always I hve issues with transparency. I remember reading that sagemc was not set up to work displaying video in the background, but to be displayed through the window. Is this true, and is this something that can be modified easily using studio
Old 10-07-2006, 02:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Hi Dirk,

I'm having a slight issue here. I cannot assign custom genres. I have tried on both my client and server and no luck. I've attached one of my log files. There are a number of java errors starting about halfway down when I attempted to enter the custom genre. I installed all of the files in 6.13a. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (68.7 KB, 253 views)
Old 10-07-2006, 06:18 AM
Sage Icon

Ok just had a crash again, just after loading up 6.13a, while I was re-assigning some shows' genres. Attached are the java and sage logs. If you can figure out whats going on, let me know. Somehow I think its Java related in general, and not the STV.
Attached Files
File Type: txt hs_err_pid1664.txt (10.6 KB, 240 views)
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (58.0 KB, 233 views)
Old 10-07-2006, 07:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Hi Dirk,

I'm having a slight issue here. I cannot assign custom genres. I have tried on both my client and server and no luck. I've attached one of my log files. There are a number of java errors starting about halfway down when I attempted to enter the custom genre. I installed all of the files in 6.13a. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Not using any of my other plugins, eh ?

I am terribly sorry, since this already happened once in the past , it's a mixup between methods in the sagemc and sagutils package with the same name.

Just rename the attached file to sagemc.jar, drop it into the JARs folder and restart, and you should be fine. I updated the 6.13a download too.

Dirk
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagemc.zip (16.6 KB, 221 views)
Old 10-07-2006, 07:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Ok just had a crash again, just after loading up 6.13a, while I was re-assigning some shows' genres. Attached are the java and sage logs. If you can figure out whats going on, let me know. Somehow I think its Java related in general, and not the STV.
Yeah, the stack trace in the java dump indicates that it is deep in the JVM core when it happens, and the Sage log file shows some DirectX9 stuff as the last output before the crash (not that I know what it's doing though). Looks to me like a 6.0 beta / java issue

Dirk
Old 10-07-2006, 08:13 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Unless Jason already updated the installer package, you'll need both. First use the installer, and then unzip everything from the 6.13a download.

Dirk
I have been fairly busy at work... I will try and get the installer updated... I still have to setup the 'rest' of MeInMaui's packages as well...

On another note... Java 1.6 does not 'play' nice with Sage... there are a few issues...

-Jason
Old 10-07-2006, 09:39 AM
Sage User

Unhappy Wierd row scrolling with SageMC on MVP

I installed SageMC on my MVP and everything works great.... everything but scrolling. When I scroll through the guide, videos, music... etc., it does a shuffling sorta thing. All the rows move over one another.... it's very disconcerting. It doesn't do it on my SageTV server, just the MVP. I've looked through both the settings page and the properties file for a setting to turn it off but I couldn't find anything.

Could you *please* let me know what I need to do to turn that off?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me!

-Chris
Old 10-07-2006, 09:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingmymarbles
I installed SageMC on my MVP and everything works great.... everything but scrolling. When I scroll through the guide, videos, music... etc., it does a shuffling sorta thing. All the rows move over one another.... it's very disconcerting. It doesn't do it on my SageTV server, just the MVP. I've looked through both the settings page and the properties file for a setting to turn it off but I couldn't find anything.

Could you *please* let me know what I need to do to turn that off?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me!

-Chris
Never seen this before ... Did you try to reboot the server and MVP ?

Dirk
Old 10-07-2006, 10:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Not using any of my other plugins, eh ?

I am terribly sorry, since this already happened once in the past , it's a mixup between methods in the sagemc and sagutils package with the same name.

Just rename the attached file to sagemc.jar, drop it into the JARs folder and restart, and you should be fine. I updated the 6.13a download too.

Dirk
Thanks Dirk! Both server and client are new installations so I haven't had the chance to install any other plugins yet. But I will as soon as I get the chance.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-07-2006, 10:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Thanks Dirk! Both server and client are new installations so I haven't had the chance to install any other plugins yet. But I will as soon as I get the chance.

Aloha,
Mike
Hey Mike, no need for explanations, I was just joking ! And it was also very helpful, otherwise it probably would have gone unnoticed for a while ...

Dirk
Old 10-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just slightly off topic but I am pondering the decision to not upgrade to the v6. The feature list is just not that compelling to me.

I just use SageTV for TV recordings, no music, pictures and very little video. For that matter, I am still using v4.1.

Flachbar has contributed so much to SageTV through SageMC that I would have gladly paid for the stv upgrades. But now that SageMC will be moving on to v6. I am torn as to what I should do.
Closed Thread