SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 05:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Ok-I'm not seeing the Google videos option when i try to select a custom menu screen. Anyone know what number it is? Or is there something else I need to do?
THanks,
JUC
Stupid question - you loaded SageMC_169_SageTV60.xml, right ?

Dirk
Old 10-06-2006, 05:33 AM
Sage Icon

HA! No stupid questions at 7:30 on a Friday morning Dirk!! That did it. I really like the weather maps too. BTW--mine is showing up at SageMC_169_SageTV60Beta.xml - Is this right? Just want to make sure.
Great-time to start fiddling.
Thanks
JUC

ahh--one more question. Where, if at all, is the movie theater listings? Something i need to add?
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC

Last edited by JUC; 10-06-2006 at 05:35 AM.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
BTW--mine is showing up at SageMC_169_SageTV60Beta.xml - Is this right?
Yep. As you said - 7:30 in the morning ...

Dirk
Old 10-06-2006, 05:55 AM
Sage Icon

OK-time for more dumb questions...yea!!

Regarding: Automatic Series Genre Icon

"Well, if you assign the show title as the main category to your episodes, and the category 'Series' as the subcategory, SageMC will automatically look up the downloaded show cover art from the IMDB cache (or the associated jpg file from a movie IMDB search) and overlay it with the series icon, so that you you get series icons 'on-the-fly'. The 'Series' category will automatically be added to the genre selection list, no need to add it manually"

I really don't understand this. How do you assign the show title as the main category? And series as subcategory? I'm currently at work on my laptop and i don't have any recorded shows to work with but i'm still not seeing the options. Maybe a screenshot would help me out?
Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Old 10-06-2006, 06:41 AM
Sage Icon

OK--possible bug (or maybe intended) with the google video integration. When I select a video to play, it says 'the clip is being bufferred, it will play in a few seconds'. Once it loads-it just brings you back to the menu where you can select the videos. It doens't start playing. You have to go back to either the main menu or somewhere with a preview screen and manually press play or select the preview window to begin. In the default .xml you after you select the video and it loads it will begin playing automatically.
JUC

Old 10-06-2006, 07:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Anyone else on v6 seeing this ? I haven't had a single crash yet... If you post the java dumps I can have a look, though I'm not sure if it will tell me anything...

Dirk
I'll post some java crash reports when I get home. After those 2 crashes, I made it through about 2-3 hours of tv viewing without issue. I will try and reproduce the one crash, where I was sitting at the text entry field for a new genre (before you get it fixed) to see if its a reproducable error. Which JRE are you using? I had dropped back to 1.4.12 to see if one of my other issues was related to 1.6.0b99, but it didnt help. I should probably go back to that version.

Overall though, excellent release!

Any chance we can have more than custom menu items on the main page? Between google, webradio, and movie times, its all used up.

Ohh, and is there a way to utilize any of the hover icons for those custom menus? I tried getting one for web radio (copied hover_my_radio to hover_web_radio) and that didnt do anything, but figure I need to change a code line somewhere?
Old 10-06-2006, 07:27 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Asesome release! So much to see. One question--how do i find the google videos? Can I only add it by the dynamic menus? So far I have avoided using them because I either 1. don't understand how it works, or 2. do understand and don't like it. I'm guessing number 1. Anyway, i probably just want to add a button in the my videos section. Is there a way to do this? I 'think' i added the movie theater list in there a while back so any help would be great.
thanks
JUC
I don't like to add to the main menu to keep it clean. Can someone walk through how to add something to a sumbenu? I'd like to put Google videos and Movie times under "Videos" and SlimPlayer (and maybe FMtuner) to the Music submenu.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:33 AM
Sage Icon

I would like this too, but I think it requires you to do the change in Studio, and then there was something about the number of buttons available in each sub menu that might cause an issue (if I remember correctly).
Old 10-06-2006, 08:00 AM
Sage Icon

Ya-you need to do it through studio. Here are instructions i got from Morgan111 a while ago that work great. I used them to add the google videos to the my videos screen. works great except i am having problems with google videos (see a few posts above)

1. With SageTv running, open Stuidio (Cntrl-Shift-F12)
2. Scroll down to the menu page definition of "Video Library Folder View"
3. Expand it, find "Menu Container" (first widget), and expand it too.
4. Riight click on "Menu Container" and select New Child -> Item
5. The new button is now at the bottom of the list as "UNTITLED", change
it to "Movie Theaters" or "Theater Times" or whatever you want the
button to say.
6. Scroll up, find "MovieTimes Main", click on it and do a copy (Cntrl-C)
7. Go back down to "Video Library Folder View" and click on the item you
created in steps 4 and 5
8. Do a Paste Reference, under the Edit menu (Cntrl-Shift-V does not
always work right for me). "MovieTimes Main" should appear in italics there
now.
9. Save your changes (in current file or new)
10. Close Studio

Old 10-06-2006, 08:01 AM
Sage Icon

Can anyone comment on my google videos question from post 1824 above? Does anyone have google videos working as in the default.stv?
Thanks
JUC

Old 10-06-2006, 08:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Can anyone comment on my google videos question from post 1824 above? Does anyone have google videos working as in the default.stv?
Thanks
JUC
I only tried 1 in the new MC version last night but it worked just as it did in the default STV.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
OK--possible bug (or maybe intended) with the google video integration. When I select a video to play, it says 'the clip is being bufferred, it will play in a few seconds'. Once it loads-it just brings you back to the menu where you can select the videos. It doens't start playing. You have to go back to either the main menu or somewhere with a preview screen and manually press play or select the preview window to begin. In the default .xml you after you select the video and it loads it will begin playing automatically.
JUC
That also happened to me last night.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 10-06-2006, 09:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Ohh, and is there a way to utilize any of the hover icons for those custom menus? I tried getting one for web radio (copied hover_my_radio to hover_web_radio) and that didnt do anything, but figure I need to change a code line somewhere?
The hover icon does not change names with respect to what you have named it.

In other words, you need to know if it is custom 1, 2, or 3, and name the hover icon respectively, i.e., hover_custom1.png. (I believe that's right.)

Here is another vote for more custom menus. It won't be long before I'll need a 4th. I quit using webradio, but the new slimserver looks pretty awesome.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:19 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
That also happened to me last night.

OK-so its not just me then....

Old 10-06-2006, 09:21 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
The hover icon does not change names with respect to what you have named it.

In other words, you need to know if it is custom 1, 2, or 3, and name the hover icon respectively, i.e., hover_custom1.png. (I believe that's right.)
Doh! I should have known that...

Last edited by Kirby; 10-06-2006 at 09:42 AM.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
OK-time for more dumb questions...yea!!

Regarding: Automatic Series Genre Icon

"Well, if you assign the show title as the main category to your episodes, and the category 'Series' as the subcategory, SageMC will automatically look up the downloaded show cover art from the IMDB cache (or the associated jpg file from a movie IMDB search) and overlay it with the series icon, so that you you get series icons 'on-the-fly'. The 'Series' category will automatically be added to the genre selection list, no need to add it manually"

I really don't understand this. How do you assign the show title as the main category? And series as subcategory? I'm currently at work on my laptop and i don't have any recorded shows to work with but i'm still not seeing the options. Maybe a screenshot would help me out?
Thanks
JUC
In the video's detailed info screen, bring up the options menu. There should be two new items there to define the genre and sub-genre. I'm working from memory (and it's 6:30am here) so I might be off slightly but that's the basic idea.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-06-2006, 10:54 AM
Sage Icon

In the detailed info screen for a show, you "Edit Video details" on the left (third button down I think). Then you can add a custom genre for your show title (ex. "Star Trek") and then assign that custom genre to all your Star Trek shows, and then change the sub genre to "Series".

Mike, have some
Old 10-06-2006, 11:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
In the detailed info screen for a show, you "Edit Video details" on the left (third button down I think). Then you can add a custom genre for your show title (ex. "Star Trek") and then assign that custom genre to all your Star Trek shows, and then change the sub genre to "Series".

Mike, have some
Thank for the correction, Kirby. I've got that coffee in hand now.

So how do you like the automatic series icon generation? (Since it was your idea )

Mike
Old 10-06-2006, 11:51 AM
Sage Icon

Its great... Its just too bad that it cant generate better looking text on the actual Icons. I may still create my own with your templates and The Gimp. But thanks for making the very nice Bond icon, you really didnt have to!

I also like the ability to have list view and folder view mixed.

Glassy disk bar is nice too
Old 10-06-2006, 12:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Wow, I just went back to the default stv when I loaded the v6beta. I forgot how much I disliked it.

I see that the google video feature is now integrated into MC, thanks for that. I'll look forward to the conversions being added too... I have never installed a 'flachbar' version of MC, but it looks like now is the time. Anything I need to know?

Can I use the installer pack to get the latest version of MC or do I need to use the 6.13 link?

Thanks to everyone who is/was working on SageMC!