SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk21770
So I'm back to the probably unrealistic goal of seeing if I can hack it from sagetv3 into sageMC...
Or you could simply tag that as a feature request...you never know...
Old 10-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Sage Expert

New Bug/Feature...

Dirk-

I found a new 'snafu...'

Watch a recorded file, pause it, and then go to the weather screen for the 10 day forecast...

The paused picture is still there...?

-Jason
Old 10-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Specifying Channel in Series Settings

I think I've found a bug. I have been trying to specify specific channel numbers that I want a recording to be made from in the Series Settings page. (I'm tryng to force recordings to come from my HD channels for certain series.) However, the specific channel that the show is on doesn't show up in the channel list. Example: If I schedule House, the local FOX affiliate will not show up as a choice (neither the SD or HD channels from two different line-ups). But, all other channels do show (including CBS). Now, if I try to schedule CSI, the local FOX affilate now shows as a choice, but the CBS affiliates no longer do. Pretty much makes the "Channel" setting useless in the series settings. What am I missing?
Old 10-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm
I think I've found a bug. I have been trying to specify specific channel numbers that I want a recording to be made from in the Series Settings page. (I'm tryng to force recordings to come from my HD channels for certain series.) However, the specific channel that the show is on doesn't show up in the channel list. Example: If I schedule House, the local FOX affiliate will not show up as a choice (neither the SD or HD channels from two different line-ups). But, all other channels do show (including CBS). Now, if I try to schedule CSI, the local FOX affilate now shows as a choice, but the CBS affiliates no longer do. Pretty much makes the "Channel" setting useless in the series settings. What am I missing?
This was a bug in a previous version that was released. It was fixed a couple of versions back. So, if using 6.12a, you shouldn't have a problem.

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...postcount=1303

Last edited by geogecko; 10-01-2006 at 08:58 PM.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks. I thought I had updated to the latest version, but I apparnently forgot to update this machine. Teh quick response is much appreciated!!
Old 10-01-2006, 09:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk21770
So I'm back to the probably unrealistic goal of seeing if I can hack it from sagetv3 into sageMC...
Give me a few days and I'll turn what I've got into a plugin for SageMC. See graphics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Malore Guide Menu.JPG (72.3 KB, 329 views)
File Type: jpg Malore Menus Launch Screen.JPG (30.9 KB, 289 views)
Old 10-02-2006, 05:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix
Give me a few days and I'll turn what I've got into a plugin for SageMC. See graphics
Well, all I know is there's gonna be one happy dog ...

Thanks Bob for providing this, a lot of people will appreciate it !

Dirk

Last edited by dflachbart; 10-02-2006 at 05:45 AM.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:27 AM
SageTVaholic

One thing I miss in Sage Recordings with Malore the movies were all grouped together as movies. Is there a way in SageMC... to group the movies together. It makes it easier when browsing the recorded shows.. when all the movies are grouped together.

Right now all the movies are seperated and this makes for a long list.

Thanks.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Well, all I know is there's gonna be one happy dog ...

Thanks Bob for providing this, a lot of people will appreciate it !

Dirk
Definitely another one here!!! Thank you!

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 10-02-2006, 07:00 PM
Sage Icon

Okay, who's going to be the brave soul, and try SageMC on v6 beta?

(Please don't let it be me...although I already have a license ready and waiting...)

They couldn't time these things better, could they? Like release it in the middle of the summer or something?
Old 10-02-2006, 07:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Okay, who's going to be the brave soul, and try SageMC on v6 beta?

(Please don't let it be me...although I already have a license ready and waiting...)
SageMC works just fine in V6, you just don't get access to the new V6 features.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
SageMC works just fine in V6, you just don't get access to the new V6 features.
Judging by the number of new features, Dirk is going to have his work cut out for him. I wonder if we should consider a team effort with Dirk acting as lead/integrator. My Studio skills are minor, but I'll be happy to try to help if it would be useful. I certainly don't want him to get burned out with all of the inevitable requests to support v6 features.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-02-2006, 08:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hey guy's I have never used SageMC yet (still using Malore's on SageTV 4), and I was wondering if there is a list of features anywhere that SageMC provides? (I am a little overwhelmed looking at 86 pages of threads...)

Does it support Comskip and Malore's great view recorded shows? What else does it have in addition to the regular SageTV?
Old 10-02-2006, 08:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarus79m
Hey guy's I have never used SageMC yet (still using Malore's on SageTV 4), and I was wondering if there is a list of features anywhere that SageMC provides? (I am a little overwhelmed looking at 86 pages of threads...)

Does it support Comskip and Malore's great view recorded shows? What else does it have in addition to the regular SageTV?
Comskip is supported (both .txt and .edl) and Malore's menus look like they may be available soon as an import (look up just a few posts). As far as other features go, there are lots of them. Your best bet is to go to the SageMC documentation on the community wiki linked in the original SageMC thread here for the basic features. Then check out the release notes for the Latest Dev Build 6.x releases that Dirk (flachbar) has been continuing to develop. It's still a lot to digest, but it should help a little.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-02-2006, 11:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks Mike, I'll see if I can get myself through all of this. BTW, are there any other active custimizations going on besides SageMC? I remember a year or two ago there were all kinds of GUI's for SageTV, but they all seem to have died out. Is the developing software really complicated to use?
Old 10-03-2006, 12:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Could CD playback be added to SageMC? I'm a bit surprised I've never seen an STV with it, as it seems the obvious completion to a media centre. Perhaps I should look under the hood and see what I can do...
Old 10-03-2006, 05:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarus79m
Thanks Mike, I'll see if I can get myself through all of this.
Hi ikarus,

and dont hesitate to ask for any help or info here in the thread if necessary, the SageMC community is always glad to help

I saw your questions in the beta forum regarding a nicer UI. If this is really important to you, you have even more reason to look at SageMC. Compared to the default GUI, it's in a different league ...

Dirk
Old 10-03-2006, 05:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Judging by the number of new features, Dirk is going to have his work cut out for him. I wonder if we should consider a team effort with Dirk acting as lead/integrator. My Studio skills are minor, but I'll be happy to try to help if it would be useful. I certainly don't want him to get burned out with all of the inevitable requests to support v6 features.

Aloha,
Mike
Yeah, lots of good stuff in there

Shall I quit my job now ?
Seriously, I'm sure most of the nice new features will eventually find their way into SageMC, it will just take a while, considering that I wanted to slow down the development a bit anyway. Team effort might speed things up, we'll see once the beta has 'settled in'... There will be a new SageMC version coming soon with a few nice goodies, but it won't include any of the new 6.0 stuff yet.

Btw, I wasn't too disappointed about the (same old) v6.0 UI interface. Looks like we still have the nicest and slickest UI around

Dirk
Old 10-03-2006, 09:28 AM
Sage Icon

Maybe it would be useful to list out the new features in Beta 6 as being able to be used from the get-go in MC. Some of them should be no-brainers, like some of the extra file types supported, but others might not be so easy to know if they are going to work with SageMC in its current form? Such as being able to convert a recording/video to MPEG4. Does that option show up or not in MC?

Just an idea, that way people might be able to better decide on if they want to install the beta yet or not.

I know for me one thing I have an issue with is going to be the whole conversion time thing, some people are reporting > 2hours initial startup time, and that was only on 750GB of data.

And has anyone actually installed SageMC on the new beta? How's it working?
Old 10-03-2006, 09:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Some of them should be no-brainers, like some of the extra file types supported,
Yeah, all non-UI related core changes will work for SageMC too

Quote:
Such as being able to convert a recording/video to MPEG4. Does that option show up or not in MC?
Nope, sorry, any new features accessible through the UI will not magically show up ...

Quote:
And has anyone actually installed SageMC on the new beta? How's it working?
I have it setup in my dev environment, and it works absolutely fine (just one button in the SageMC options page doesn't work because I missed to change the refresh code). Tonight I will switch over my living room server to 6.0 ...

Dirk
Closed Thread