SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix35
looking through the API, I've noticed a MediaPlayerAPI.WatchLive function that could be called with pause buffer of zero (0)... could this do the trick?
There is a blurb about WatchLive in the Studio manual, starting on p. 135 for v5.0. There is no guarantee that it won't still be buffered before playback, depending on the capture device.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
but how about in the following (ScreenHunter2) example... It has the 'Grouped' view, but it is grouped by the Genre... Maybe a seperate sort by/group by for this one...
Ah ok, you're talking about a very specific screen here (IR suggestions) ... This used to be a flat list, and I added the grouping on user request. Sure there could be additional options for this menu, but so far nobody asked for it, and I personally don't consider this to be that important ...

Quote:
Or how about ScreenHunter3, which shows a 'Sort By ****' but does not 'Group By', so multiple entries are shown...
That's also something I added later on. The sorting by star rating is not supported by the Sage core and has to be done manually (which is wasn't that trivial). I'll check if adding a grouping by title would be easy enough to add ...

Dirk
Old 09-30-2006, 01:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
There is a blurb about WatchLive in the Studio manual, starting on p. 135 for v5.0. There is no guarantee that it won't still be buffered before playback, depending on the capture device.

- Andy
But wouldn't the buffer be smaller hence lower latency? so a gamemode isn't possible? I've used an app called AMCAP that came with my hauppauge card, its not DVR but captures directly from the capcard. I'd hate to run in that app just for my gaming.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:17 PM
Sage Expert

A few more things that I can't find how to set...

In TV recordings, movies do not sort into a group by themselves. I have a lot of movies that I recorded from TV and this makes it hard to find the shows that I want to watch.

In TV recordings, if I have it set for groups, it is not in alphabetical order. I believe that it's in the original air date order that I set for the order within each group. Once again, makes things hard to find...

Thanks

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 09-30-2006, 04:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk21770

In TV recordings, if I have it set for groups, it is not in alphabetical order. I believe that it's in the original air date order that I set for the order within each group. Once again, makes things hard to find...

Thanks
IN Tv recordings, set it to Sort by Title, that should do groups in alphabetical order. The options seem to be, "sort by Title" (alphabetical groups), "sort by Date" (no groups, sorted by record date), and "grouped" (sorted by record date, with series grouped).

Then once in a group, you can change the list to sort by record date, or original air date.

Quote:
In TV recordings, movies do not sort into a group by themselves. I have a lot of movies that I recorded from TV and this makes it hard to find the shows that I want to watch.
In TV recordings, you can change the filter from "no Filter" to "Movies" and it'll list just your recorded movies.
Old 09-30-2006, 07:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Question

Is there a way to record sports events for a certain team, without it finding and recording all shows that mention that team, press conferences, or things with old classic clips of the team, etc. Just the new games?

My hubby was trying to get this to work for the Phillies games, and of course we'd love to have it set up for the Eagles games. But the show title is just "NFL Football," so setting that series would get all the games. And recording "Philadelphia Eagles" gets a TON of stuff we don't want.

Thoughts?

--Heidi
Old 09-30-2006, 07:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleghator
Is there a way to record sports events for a certain team, without it finding and recording all shows that mention that team, press conferences, or things with old classic clips of the team, etc. Just the new games?

My hubby was trying to get this to work for the Phillies games, and of course we'd love to have it set up for the Eagles games. But the show title is just "NFL Football," so setting that series would get all the games. And recording "Philadelphia Eagles" gets a TON of stuff we don't want.

Thoughts?

--Heidi
What you need to look into it flachbar's Anti-Favorite import, STV Import: Anti-Favorites that will let you finetune your Favorites. Read the thread, as there is info about similar stuff, as in only recording certain teams, or only woman's basketball.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Recent Recordings

Just installed the 6.12a MC 16x9 and just noticed that the lists for Recent Recordings, Recorded TV, and Schedule are all blank.....

I have many things scheduled to record that should be showing up...

What happened?
-JD

**EDIT** Strange, after about 2 hours things started showing up in the lists.... everything back to normal.... go figure

Last edited by JDizzy; 10-01-2006 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:39 AM
Sage Expert

I'm finding that I really miss Malore's menus showing the upcoming recordings and the playback list. Is there a way that I can take sagetv3.xml and cut it out or turn it into an STVi that I can import or paste into the sagemc_169.xml file? I probably need to take all of the xtra:... that I see in the design studio.

DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 10-01-2006, 09:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Ah ok, this would even be easier. Currently the line is constructed from

chl number - chl name - chl description

So I will just disable the whole channel description (instead of shortening it), of course with enable/disable setting

Dirk
Dirk, is this feature coming in the next release (6.12b or 6.13)? Its the fix to shorten the channel name line on program info screen so that show icons dont shrink into oblivion. Thanks
Old 10-01-2006, 09:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Dirk, is this feature coming in the next release (6.12b or 6.13)? Its the fix to shorten the channel name line on program info screen so that show icons dont shrink into oblivion. Thanks
Hi Kirby,

this is actually already in 6.12a :

Quote:
Just uploaded a minor update 6.12a:

- added functionality to set category and subcategory independently
- added functionality to clear categories
- added setting to disable channel description in Program Info
- additional info state (showid/filesize) in Program Info now sticky
Look at SageMC settings / Visual / Show Channel Description ... But I admit it's not that easy to find ...

Dirk
Old 10-01-2006, 09:57 AM
Sage Icon

Wow I totally missed that one in the release notes!
Old 10-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hi Kirby,

this is actually already in 6.12a :

Look at SageMC settings / Visual / Show Channel Description ... But I admit it's not that easy to find ...

Dirk
Ah...thanks, missed that one too...
Old 10-01-2006, 12:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Oh, of course, didnt think this would be interesting enough ...

You can retrieve an image from an URL by using javax.imageio.ImageIO.read(), and the result works fine with the Sage image widget.

Dirk
Hi Dirk,

I'm curious. Are you planning to change the reading of IMDB cache images to this method so that manually changed images will show up without a restart? If you weren't planning on it, is it possible? If so, could you consider this a feature request? Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-01-2006, 03:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Hi Dirk,

I'm curious. Are you planning to change the reading of IMDB cache images to this method so that manually changed images will show up without a restart? If you weren't planning on it, is it possible? If so, could you consider this a feature request? Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Hi Mike,

I'll definetly wait for 5.1 to see if they added an API to clear the cache ... In general I am a little hesitant to always bypass the Sage picture cache, they probably put it in there for a reason ...

Dirk
Old 10-01-2006, 04:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm finding that I really miss Malore's menus showing the upcoming recordings and the playback list. Is there a way that I can take sagetv3.xml and cut it out or turn it into an STVi that I can import or paste into the sagemc_169.xml file? I probably need to take all of the xtra:... that I see in the design studio.
Does this plugin do what you want?
Old 10-01-2006, 04:45 PM
Sage Expert

The file does not exist on the server...
Does anyone have another link for it?

Synology NAS 22TB
Old 10-01-2006, 04:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The file does not exist on the server...
Does anyone have another link for it?
Even if you find it somewhere, it is *not* a plugin, but a full STV (malores menus added to mlbdude's 5.10 version), so you can't import it. You have to load it as an application package, and you won't have any of the 6.x features...

Dirk
Old 10-01-2006, 05:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Even if you find it somewhere, it is *not* a plugin, but a full STV (malores menus added to mlbdude's 5.10 version), so you can't import it. You have to load it as an application package, and you won't have any of the 6.x features...

Dirk
Did not realize that! It has been uploaded to the wrong location then since it is in the STVi section.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:09 PM
Sage Expert

So I'm back to the probably unrealistic goal of seeing if I can hack it from sagetv3 into sageMC...

Synology NAS 22TB
Closed Thread