SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 02:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkil76
I thought there was something like this. To be honest though I haven't found that option yet. I do not see it under any menu under settings. Is there another area for SageMC specific stuff? I thought it just updated the settings, I saw it added commerical skipping (which I havent messed with yet).
Have a look under 'Settings/Detailed Setup/Advanced', the SageMC options are accessible through the last menu button on the righthand side.

Dirk
Old 09-15-2006, 02:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman
I think this STV gets better and better.
I have just moved away from the PVR-350 TV output to fully utilising the MVP for my main 50"TV. Why, oh why did I wait so long.....

I use tvxb as the scraper for my epg, and only about half my shows get the IMDB show info. this is due to Starhub (here in Singapore) that calls the show the name plus the season number.
i.e.
Seinfield (Season 6)
House (Series 2)
Smallville V
Grey's Anatomy II

Is there any way at all that it may be possible in the future to get the lookup to ignore some of this text? I can see where the last two would be pretty much impossible, but maybe the first two - where there is a bracket and a "Series" or "Season" in it?
Or do i just put it into the same basket as comskip (impossible - dont even worry about it fool)

Thanks again for all the good work. The wife really digs 6.11.
Hi redman,

why don't you just do a manual IMDB search on those show series, select the correct entries, and then save the pictures ? They will get saved to disk and then be available permanently ...

Dirk
Old 09-15-2006, 02:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbig119
Is there a way to add options when setting up a new series for recording? Specifically to the channel selection. If I can record a series OTA in HD or through cable on a local network, I may want to prioritize the OTA digital broadcast, but given a conflict would be happy with analog. Or sometimes shows aren't listed correctly as first runs/reruns but may be in syndication and on many additional channels. In this case I would like to tell it to record the series from a network(CBS,NBC,Fox) and not a specific channel because the analog and digital stations are double listed even though they are the same content.

I realize I can add two favorites for the same show, but it gets messy and seems simple to just expand options at this part. (maybe this isn't appropriate at the STV level), but its the fastest/easiest way to see changes implemented.

I appologize if this has been addressed before. This thread is huge and I've read pieces of it, but the search results on this forum are hard to read through.

I know this has come up in conversations before, but I thought it dealt with recording both HD/analog programs at the same time in case the OTA is intermittant. Or having a smart way of identifying the OTA signal and if it is choppy it would record the analog program as well. This is more complex and probably beyond capabilities of an STV, but certainly this functionality would be useful to anyone who watches/records in HD.
You stated correctly that this is beyond the capabilities of an STV, this really would need to be addressed by the Sage core which handles the favorite scheduling. The STV can set favorite options, but currently there is only one channel per favorite possible.

Dirk
Old 09-15-2006, 02:29 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Have a look under 'Settings/Detailed Setup/Advanced', the SageMC options are accessible through the last menu button on the righthand side.

Dirk
Now I am feeling foolish. I followed your advice. The last button on my right hand side under advanced is Import SageTV Application Package (.STV File). If that is what you are talking about I still do not know where to go from there.

Is there a manual for this somewhere?
Old 09-15-2006, 02:48 PM
Sage Icon

Some questions

Ok, trying to figure out all that I can here.. I currently use a setup whereby I record my movies and shows (that I want archived) then shutdown the sage service, and move those files to a "Import" directory, and restart sage. Sage then automatically lists them as "Archived" and retains guide data for them. Before SageMC and IMDB, this was my elegant solution to use.

But now, when I use MC, and go into "My Videos", it doesnt seem to include any of those shows moved in the process above, even though they are in import directories. They still appear in "My TV" -> "recorded tv". How can I get them over into the "My Videos" area, thereby using Mike's awesome Genre icons!?

Another question relates back to the question about the "My TV -> Movies" listing and using only select channels for the movie listings. What if we use Bob's (I think he wrote it) custom channel list plugin? Or does that only get used on the guide itself?
Old 09-15-2006, 03:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
You stated correctly that this is beyond the capabilities of an STV, this really would need to be addressed by the Sage core which handles the favorite scheduling. The STV can set favorite options, but currently there is only one channel per favorite possible.

Dirk
Thanks Dirk, I'll post something like this in one of the other forums to see if I get a response.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

I know I'm one of those users who frequently misses the obvious, but I keep seeing beautiful screenshots you guys post which show pretty "cover art" for the TV shows. Where do you enable this feature?

Thanks! (again....)

--Heidi
Old 09-15-2006, 06:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui

BTW, for those who don't frequent the media extender forum, Morgan111 submitted a post that is relevant to this thread.
Sure would like a copy of that...

Any plans to use that as a basis for a theme? I might be converted from the "illegal" one I am using now...
Old 09-15-2006, 06:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleghator
I know I'm one of those users who frequently misses the obvious, but I keep seeing beautiful screenshots you guys post which show pretty "cover art" for the TV shows. Where do you enable this feature?

Thanks! (again....)

--Heidi
It's in the SageMC 16x9 Options Menu, under "Main" and "IMDB Lookup."

Set that bad boy to enabled, and you're set.

Let us know if it doesn't work, after that.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Sure would like a copy of that...

Any plans to use that as a basis for a theme? I might be converted from the "illegal" one I am using now...
I think Morgan111 intends to put a theme togther. I'm not really sure. However, you know me by now. If he asks me for more graphics, I doubt I'll be able to say no.

Mike
Old 09-15-2006, 08:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
I think Morgan111 intends to put a theme togther. I'm not really sure. However, you know me by now. If he asks me for more graphics, I doubt I'll be able to say no.

Mike
I like the sound of that.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Let us know if it doesn't work, after that.
OK ... letting you know ... it was enabled already. What's up with that? Does it only happen with certain shows? Am I recording all the wrong things? I don't even see an option to manually lookup the IMDB stuff, except on a couple of movies I've recorded.

--Heidi
Old 09-16-2006, 05:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I might be converted from the "illegal" one I am using now...
What makes you say it is illegal? Copyright?

Serious question, I've been quite surprised that Microsoft don't seem to be bothered about SageMC's MCE theme. But then, I can't see how copying an Apple theme would be less illegal!
Old 09-16-2006, 06:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK ... letting you know ... it was enabled already. What's up with that? Does it only happen with certain shows? Am I recording all the wrong things? I don't even see an option to manually lookup the IMDB stuff, except on a couple of movies I've recorded.

--Heidi
For TV shows the manual IMDB search button can be found if you bring up the 'Options' menu ...

Dirk
Old 09-16-2006, 08:15 AM
Sage Icon

Sure I couldnt have stumped you all with my questions???

Another to add to the list. Anyone using the Caller ID plugin with MC? How does it look?
Old 09-16-2006, 09:58 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkil76
Now I am feeling foolish. I followed your advice. The last button on my right hand side under advanced is Import SageTV Application Package (.STV File). If that is what you are talking about I still do not know where to go from there.

Is there a manual for this somewhere?
I had the same problem switching from malore's stv and I had to open the sage properties file after closing sage completly, and edit the file where it says- Stv= , at the end of this line it might have- SageMC_169_1.STV -and I manually changed the STV to XML and saved the file, restart and it worked.

Willard
Old 09-16-2006, 09:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Ok, trying to figure out all that I can here.. I currently use a setup whereby I record my movies and shows (that I want archived) then shutdown the sage service, and move those files to a "Import" directory, and restart sage. Sage then automatically lists them as "Archived" and retains guide data for them. Before SageMC and IMDB, this was my elegant solution to use.

But now, when I use MC, and go into "My Videos", it doesnt seem to include any of those shows moved in the process above, even though they are in import directories. They still appear in "My TV" -> "recorded tv". How can I get them over into the "My Videos" area, thereby using Mike's awesome Genre icons!?
Kirby,

'archived' shows and shows in the 'video library' are two different things, and the STV does not (and can not) influence into which a video file goes, this is entirely up to the Sage core.

I just tested it here and moved a TV show to the import directory. It still shows up as an "archived" show in the Recordings screen, but the same happens with the default STV, this is not SageMC specific. There might be a way to force it into the video library, but I don't know how ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Another question relates back to the question about the "My TV -> Movies" listing and using only select channels for the movie listings. What if we use Bob's (I think he wrote it) custom channel list plugin? Or does that only get used on the guide itself?
Nope, this plugin won't affect the STV code for My TV/Movies, the functionality would have to be coded in the STV...

Dirk
Old 09-16-2006, 10:21 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Kirby,

'archived' shows and shows in the 'video library' are two different things, and the STV does not (and can not) influence into which a video file goes, this is entirely up to the Sage core.

I just tested it here and moved a TV show to the import directory. It still shows up as an "archived" show in the Recordings screen, but the same happens with the default STV, this is not SageMC specific. There might be a way to force it into the video library, but I don't know how ...
Dirk,

Thanks for looking into it. So from the sounds of it, if I want to get all my recorded movies into the genre folders in My Videos, I need to somehow get them removed from the wiz.bin, so that they again show up as true imports. I know before I would access them in the default STV by going to Media, Archived, and not imports. So this falls in line with what you found. Given that there is working IMDB now, I guess its not a big deal, I can just go ahead and move the files, trim them to size, give them standard names without the EPGID in the filename, and re-lookup and save IMDB data for them.

This really had me going the past week because my My Videos was only showing 138 shows, and yet I have over 600 archived, but then realized they were still in the My TV, Recorded TV area (all archived).
Old 09-16-2006, 12:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney
What makes you say it is illegal? Copyright?

Serious question, I've been quite surprised that Microsoft don't seem to be bothered about SageMC's MCE theme. But then, I can't see how copying an Apple theme would be less illegal!
No information about a copyright, but let's just say it's a long story, with a big eruption over on the Media Portal forums. It's not the one that caused the big uproar, but it's one that has since been removed from the downloads section because of it...

Old 09-16-2006, 12:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

--Heidi
Heidi.

Hmm... I'm getting stumped. Did you verify that you are using the latest SageMC16x9.xml file? I think this could be the issue, because if you aren't, then there is a JAR file that you need for it to work right.

It does not always work correctly for every show, and sometimes, rarely, shows the wrong coverart for other shows. But, while it's trying to download the IMDB information, you should see a little down arrow over by where the coverart normally goes. This usually takes about 2-5 seconds for the coverart to show up after that, or it just goes blank.