SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 08:16 AM
Sage Icon

Heidi (Wecome to the Sage forums!).

Did you perhaps, have Sage closed down all the way before installing Web Radio (and others)? Sage needs to be closed to install these, and if using service mode, the service should also be stopped (if you have no idea what I'm talking about, then you probably aren't using service mode).

MovieTimes (Wow, Dirk, we need to do something about finding the SageMC MovieTimes import, it took me like 10 minutes to find it--maybe add it to the first post?):

You'll need to install this plugin, following the instructions in the zip file, but do not do anything with the stvi.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17865

Then, you'll need to also install this special import for SageMC (post 228).

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...&postcount=228

Good luck, and if you need anymore help, let us know. I see someone has helped with the commercial skipping...
Old 09-12-2006, 08:18 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleghator
And by this you mean, that SageMC supports Dirmon2 and the comskip software, once I've downloaded and installed them?

--Heidi
Sort of. SageMC supports the TXT or EDL file generated by either Comskip (or ShowAnalyzer), and uses that file to determine where it should be skipping.

SageMC actually has no interaction with Dirmon2 or Comskip (SA).
Old 09-12-2006, 11:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Heidi (Wecome to the Sage forums!).
You'll need to install this plugin, following the instructions in the zip file, but do not do anything with the stvi.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17865

Then, you'll need to also install this special import for SageMC (post 228).

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...&postcount=228

Good luck, and if you need anymore help, let us know. I see someone has helped with the commercial skipping...
OK, I downloaded and installed these, and am following the directions. But, after I select the config.xml file ("load configuration"), nothing seems to happen. I tried shutting down Sage and coming back into it, but it wants me to load a configuration again. And repeat.

Thoughts?
Old 09-12-2006, 12:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Update ...

Got Web Radio all up and running, and have a nifty list of stations working fine.

Now I just have to set up the xml for the animated weather maps, get the Movie Times to load the config.xml file and figure out where to put movie covers for my movie files.

Oh, and ... is there a way to get rid of the SageTV window bar at the top of the screen for a true fullscreen effect?

--Heidi
Old 09-12-2006, 12:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Got Web Radio all up and running, and have a nifty list of stations working fine.

Now I just have to set up the xml for the animated weather maps, get the Movie Times to load the config.xml file and figure out where to put movie covers for my movie files.

Oh, and ... is there a way to get rid of the SageTV window bar at the top of the screen for a true fullscreen effect?

--Heidi
Ctrl-Shift-f

Dirk
Old 09-12-2006, 12:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you! I knew it had to be something simple.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Sage User

Umm

I feel like an idiot. I go to http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...?do=file&id=36 but I can not figure out how to download any files. I see no link. This SVT sounds cool and has a lot og hype, I wanted to check it out.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
OK, I downloaded and installed these, and am following the directions. But, after I select the config.xml file ("load configuration"), nothing seems to happen. I tried shutting down Sage and coming back into it, but it wants me to load a configuration again. And repeat.

Thoughts?
Hmm...did you install MTSA in the directory specified in the directions, or use a different one?

Also, on the MovieTimes_SageMC_Import_055b.zip, I assume you have installed (or unzipped, rather), that file, and imported it using the SageMC import button, correct? (Oh, and make sure you imported the 55b version, not the 57 version!)

Just trying to cover all bases. Also, you would need to select the correct item in your custom menu, which I cannot remember off hand. I think there may only be one MovieTimes item to choose from though...so that may be right if you have gotten this far.

Last edited by geogecko; 09-12-2006 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkil76
I feel like an idiot. I go to http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...?do=file&id=36 but I can not figure out how to download any files. I see no link. This SVT sounds cool and has a lot og hype, I wanted to check it out.
LOL, search for "Download Here" and you'll find it!

Wish Sage would fix this...make it bigger or something...

Maybe in the meantime, putting a huge link to the "Download Here" link in the description section, would make it easier to find. I have to admit, it took me several minutes the first time I tried to find one...

Last edited by geogecko; 09-12-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:54 PM
Sage User

Damn

Could that link be any smaller or harder to find.

THANKS.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

I used the default directory. Then I used the Advanced Settings/Sage MC/Import and had to go through the directories to find the Movie Time Import xml file.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Got it working by fiddling around and reinstalling it. So, now I have to wait for it to download the movie data. Thanks!

Actually ... it says it can't download the movie data as I haven't input a password, but when I try to input a password, I get an error msg. "An error has occurred while attempting to set task account information. The specific error is: 0x80070005: Access is denied. You do not have permission to perform the requested operation."

Is this because I don't have a password set to log onto Windows in the first place? (we didn't set one so that the pvr would reboot automatically and restart Sage if the power goes out)

Last edited by alleghator; 09-12-2006 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there a way to get IMDB search to search for TV shows if the shows are in the imported files folder? Maybe I'm missing this, but I think Neilm's newest IMDB search does this...potentially. This functionality would be insanely useful (for me at least).
Old 09-12-2006, 03:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianEh
Which menu should I check in Studio to find out which ones are mapped? I re-enabled the setting you suggested, and volume down works from Main Menu (no OSD however), up opens the My Tv side menu (showing the Live TV Recrded TV Guide, etc).... Still neither buttons work when watching video.
Looks like it is mapped to the combined commands. You can check it in Detailed Setup/Commands/Show Sage Commands linked to Infrared ...

Do you have separate buttons for Volume Up/Down and Left/Right on your remote ?

Dirk
Old 09-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Looks like it is mapped to the combined commands. You can check it in Detailed Setup/Commands/Show Sage Commands linked to Infrared ...

Do you have separate buttons for Volume Up/Down and Left/Right on your remote ?

Dirk

That's part of it! I relinked the volume control keys and they are working now when watching TV, however I'm still not seeing the OSD volume slider bar. Not a really big deal.... any last thoughts on this?

Thank you so much for you help so far!!
Server: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, ECS A780GM-A MB, 2x HD-PVRs (connected to DirecTV HD STBs using ethernet channel changing), 1x AverMedia A180, OS RAID-1 mirror - 2x250GB 7200rpm SATA, Media RAID-1 mirror - 2x1TB 7200rpm SATA, USB-UIRT (remote control)
Main Client: Sage STX-HD100 Media extender
Second Client: Athlon XP 4000+, 2GB MB PC3200 DDR, Asus A8N5X MB, 512MB PCI-E ATI HD Radeon 3650, 160 GB SATA - hardware mirrored
Old 09-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Sage Icon

Observation:

When I search for a new show, such as "Kidnapped," or "Smith," I find it, and then select "Find Other Airings," then I find it on an SD channel, and an HD channel. If I select the show that is on the HD channel, then select "Record Series," then "Series Settings," if I go down to "Channel" and try to select the HD channel (the one I used to create the Series setting), I cannot select the given HD channel, it just skips it.

This used to work, at least, a few releases ago. I usually force HD shows to be on their channels, because it is not reliable for always recording HD if available.

Just wondered if something had changed since the last few releases regarding this.

Thanks!
Jason.

Last edited by geogecko; 09-12-2006 at 08:15 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Observation:

When I search for a new show, such as "Kidnapped," or "Smith," I find it, and then select "Find Other Airings," then I find it on an SD channel, and an HD channel. If I select the show that is on the HD channel, then select "Record Series," then "Series Settings," if I go down to "Channel" and try to select the HD channel (the one I used to create the Series setting), I cannot select the given HD channel, it just skips it.

This used to work, at least, a few releases ago. I usually force HD shows to be on their channels, because it is not reliable for always recording HD if available.

Just wondered if something had changed since the last few releases regarding this.

Thanks!
Jason.
Can you tell me which EPG lineup and which channel it is so that I can check it out ?

Dirk
Old 09-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

I upgraded to 6.11 last night and the Automatic IMDB lookup isnt working. It was working with 6.10. If I manually look it up it will find it. But the automatic, ill see the down arrow thats new in 6.11 but no info for my TV show. The automatic is selected in the SageMC options.

When I installed I Shut down sage unzipped the 6.11 into the proper directory. Loaded sage selected 6.11. Then restarted Sage and INFO screen says 6.11.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Technazz
Old 09-12-2006, 08:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
I upgraded to 6.11 last night and the Automatic IMDB lookup isnt working. It was working with 6.10. If I manually look it up it will find it. But the automatic, ill see the down arrow thats new in 6.11 but no info for my TV show. The automatic is selected in the SageMC options.

When I installed I Shut down sage unzipped the 6.11 into the proper directory. Loaded sage selected 6.11. Then restarted Sage and INFO screen says 6.11.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Technazz
Can you try to re-download 6.11a, and make sure to extract the JAR files as well...

Dirk
Old 09-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Can you tell me which EPG lineup and which channel it is so that I can check it out ?

Dirk
Smith on 9/19 at 9:00 PM CST
11-KTVT (SD)
19-KTVTDT (HD)

Location Zip: 75028
(HD) Dallas-Ft. Worth - Digital Broadcast OTA
(SD) Verizon Fios Keller Digital - Keller