SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 12:55 PM
Sage User

Just installed the SageMC 16x9 addon and so far I love it. There are only two things at this point that I have a question about:

1. How do I change the guide back to the original?

The guide is extremely slow to pop up, and difficult to read in comparison to the original guide. Is there any way to change only this portion back?

2. Commercial Skip is not working.

I followed the instructions (unzipped SageMC 5_10, then unzipped dev 6.10a, then selected the SageMC16x9.xml file), but the commercial skip does not appear to work. The options are available to enable it (and it says it's enabled), but it doesn't appear to do anything.

Is there any extra configuration that needs to be done to get this feature to work properly?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

- Jeremy
Old 09-07-2006, 01:02 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
If you bring up the options panel on the guide, you can change how the guide 'looks'. You can get it better looking and more readable than the original guide IMHO.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFrogBoy
Just installed the SageMC 16x9 addon and so far I love it. There are only two things at this point that I have a question about:

1. How do I change the guide back to the original?

The guide is extremely slow to pop up, and difficult to read in comparison to the original guide. Is there any way to change only this portion back?
Have you restarted your computer since you installed SageMC? If not, do that and the guide should be back to normal speed.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFrogBoy
2. Commercial Skip is not working.

I followed the instructions (unzipped SageMC 5_10, then unzipped dev 6.10a, then selected the SageMC16x9.xml file), but the commercial skip does not appear to work. The options are available to enable it (and it says it's enabled), but it doesn't appear to do anything.

Is there any extra configuration that needs to be done to get this feature to work properly?
You need to be running comskip or showanalyzer and Dirmon2 to detect the commercials.

The stv just allows Sage to read the txt or edl files created by the other programs it doesn't do any actual detection.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Works perfect!!!!! Beer's on me!
Woohoo!!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 01:44 PM

I just loaded the latest version of this STV and WOW!!! It sure has come a long way since I last played with the 16X9 version a couple of months ago.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:45 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
Have you restarted your computer since you installed SageMC? If not, do that and the guide should be back to normal speed.
No, I have not restarted since installing the UI. I will give that a try to see if that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade
You need to be running comskip or showanalyzer and Dirmon2 to detect the commercials.

The stv just allows Sage to read the txt or edl files created by the other programs it doesn't do any actual detection.
Ahhh... I figured as much. So if I install one of those external applications I should be all set? Is there any additional configuration to do after installing one of those?
Old 09-07-2006, 02:01 PM
Sage Icon

Feature request

Dirk,

Any chance of doing something like this for genres (copied my post from Mike's graphics thread):

Whats the solution for "Sci-Fi" vs. "Science Fiction" or whatever it was? Rather that having two genre's listed, would it be possible to hard code in a way for the STV to access a mapping file of sorts, that we could manually edit and define genre mappings? Examples (some quasi-xml code):

Code:
<GenreMapping>
   <Genre="Music" Alias="Music Special" />
   <Genre="Sci Fi" Alias="Science Fiction" />
</GenreMapping>
You get the idea I'm sure. I would think something like this would be quite useful, I know I would like to have it. As it stands now, you can change the genre of a show with nielm's webserver, but thats a lot of manual editting for those of us with huge libraries. Setting up a simple mapping could have its advantages!

At some point it just seems like people that create the guide data create genres on a whim.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Confirmed. I get images and cast information.

Looks like *someone* needs to do a complete reinstall of Sage!
I've been meaning to do a Sage purge, so that gave me the reason to. With a reinstall of Sage, and only the needed imports, I gave the IMDB another look. What I figured out is that I get cast info on movies, but not on TV shows. Looking at a couple shows vs. movies, there are differences in the syntax for the cast listings, that may be enough to cause it not to work correctly.

edit: Would it be possible to incude the TV episode lookup that nielm has included in his import?

Last edited by ke6guj; 09-07-2006 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:33 PM
Sage User

OSD and Channel Numbers

I love the 6.10 version, except, when I am watching TV and punch in a new channel number, the OSD changes to that channel number, but the TV does not. Then, when I do arrow up and down, all channels are now that number I punched in. If I channel up and down, it goes to the right channel, but still displays the one I punched in until I stop playback and go back in.

Anyone else having this problem?
Old 09-07-2006, 03:45 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Nope does not happen to me. I have this set in the SageMC options:
Select in OSD = Channel Entry
Try that and see what happens.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Sage User

Smile timebar

anyone have an idea on how to get the fastforward -rewind by dragging the curser on the timebar back?i had this prior to sagemc.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:34 PM
Sage Icon

Another feature request :)

Hey Dirk, I'm in the requesting mood I guess! How about genre icons in the Television -> Movies -> Genres section (and anywhere else they might be applied that I havent found yet)?
Old 09-07-2006, 06:59 PM
Sage Icon

Found a wierd, non-fatal, bug.

In SageMC options, if you fast scroll through the right-side options with channel up/down and get to top or bottom of the list, it will cause the video preview to stutter. A pause and play will fix it.

Nothing major, just one of those "OK don't do that" deals.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmoe
anyone have an idea on how to get the fastforward -rewind by dragging the curser on the timebar back?i had this prior to sagemc.
SageMC is designed for remote use. Not mouse use. You'll have to change to a different STV if you want more mouse functions.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
LOL, me too. 2 FusionHDTV cards and a dual tuner PVR-500, doesn't lend itself to conflicts very often...

But, I like the work that is hopefully going to be done on the conflict management. Also like the little photoshops that were posted.
Thanks.. that was lot's of work. I'm glad at least two other folks are semi-interested in seeing some changes there. I must admit though, that all this talk of more, more, more... comming from me is understandably frustrating. If I were Dirk, I wouldn't blame him if he told me to jump in a lake. I just hope he keeps working on it. He sure has done an outstanding job for the community!
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy

Last edited by snoopy; 09-07-2006 at 11:08 PM.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
Nope does not happen to me. I have this set in the SageMC options:
Select in OSD = Channel Entry
Try that and see what happens.
Thanks kricker. Select in OSD != Channel Entry was my problem. I keep forgetting about that feature (and posted about it on a previous release). Maybe next release I'll finally remember
Old 09-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
I've been meaning to do a Sage purge, so that gave me the reason to. With a reinstall of Sage, and only the needed imports, I gave the IMDB another look. What I figured out is that I get cast info on movies, but not on TV shows. Looking at a couple shows vs. movies, there are differences in the syntax for the cast listings, that may be enough to cause it not to work correctly.

edit: Would it be possible to incude the TV episode lookup that nielm has included in his import?
Are you even able to lookup TV shows? I cant get any TVshow information to be looked up via an IMDB search.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

I spent the time yesterday installing comskip and dirmon. All I can say is everyone should do it. With this STV I am constantly reminded of how amazing sageTV is!

During all this I noticed a few things that I think would be good additions-
1- back in the day when you pressed select on the OSD it would bring up the timebar on the bottom and the little info screen on the top. I used to use it all the time to check the time and see how much was remaining on the show. It seems to have changed and in the "select on OSD" menu none of the options bring that back. I think it would be nice to have that as an option.

2-Make a "No Kids" filter in the recorded TV. Right now like 75% of the recorded stuff is kids shows (Dora, Backyardigans....) and it drives me nuts to have to see that when the kids are asleep. I think a filter that took out all things tagged with "childrens" would be a great addition.

Thanks for all the hard work.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necro
Are you even able to lookup TV shows? I cant get any TVshow information to be looked up via an IMDB search.
Yup, TV shows look up just fine. The Cast info for TV shows doesn't work, but Nielm is aware of that issue. It appears that IMDB changed the format of the website again.
Closed Thread