SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Sage Expert

Correct links to SageMC

Can someone confirm that I am giving the correct links to the SageMC downloads in my signature file?
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy

Last edited by snoopy; 09-05-2006 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
Can someone confirm that I am giving the correct links to the SageMC downloads in my signature file?

Looks good to me.

Miller

Once again thanks Dirk!!
Old 09-06-2006, 11:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

when I do IMDB searches, I am getting nothing under "cast" and no image under the main heading. Is this a known bug?
Old 09-06-2006, 02:10 PM
Sage Icon

I get the image under the main heading, but no cast information...(unless I use DVD Profiler).
Old 09-06-2006, 02:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I get the image under the main heading, but no cast information...(unless I use DVD Profiler).
Are you guys using the latest imdb jar file (included in 6.10a) ? This fixed the cast issue for me ...

Dirk
Old 09-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Sage Icon

Yup, using the latest imdb Jar file, dated 8/31/06. No cast info.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Great fixes Dirk as always...
I am still having trouble getting conflicts to clear. I have my conflicts to set to behave as the default STV which is the way I like it. I like it that way because I always want to know if there is a conflict so that I can adjust the priority. When I choose to always behave in a certain manner as indicated by the graphics below, The conflict icon doesn't clear.
Can you check if it clears when using the default STV ?

Quote:
Also, more information would be helpfull. Either a double line or a description of not only what conflicts but 'what it conflicts with' because it is that part that is cut off for me.
The "Always record ..." options simply re-order the priority of the two conflicting favorites. You already see the full name of the favorite which does not get recorded in the conflict header, and now in 6.10a I added the "Conflicting Favorite" info with the fav title at the bottom for the other favorite. I don't see which additional info could be shown...

Dirk
Old 09-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Are you guys using the latest imdb jar file (included in 6.10a) ? This fixed the cast issue for me ...

Dirk
I just installed it last night, so I have not verified. I will tonight though.

Dirk, question for you.

sagemc/save_on_cancel=true
sagemc/save_on_cancel_rec=true

Is there a difference between these? Did one get renamed to a new property, because I don't have the top line, and I don't get a popup asking if I want to save a recording, if I hit the record button while on the information page of a show that is recording...

Old 09-06-2006, 04:43 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Can you check if it clears when using the default STV ?
The short answer is Yes, it does happen using the default STV. If I clear the conflict by deleting a currently conflicting show, this frees up the tuner and the conflict does clear in both places (main stv and sagemc). The problem generally occurs when I choose to 'Always' record one over the other where there is NOT any tuner that becomes available. If a conflict still exists, SageMC will still both report it and alert you with the icon. In the main STV, the difference is made between reporting and alerting via an icon. If you choose "always" then, that is what it means and it won't alert with the conflict icon once you have told it a particular action. Note that it still shows the conflict in the list because there still is a conflict (not enough tuners) but not the alert icon because you have already answered the question. In other words, the answer to the question in the main STV is 'saved' clears the alert icon but still reports any conflicts if they remain in it's list. It is also usefull to note that the main STV sees farther ahead than SageMC. My conflicts are only reported for a couple days out, where the main STV lets me see them two weeks out.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy

Last edited by snoopy; 09-06-2006 at 04:50 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Dirk
Confirmed. I get images and cast information.

Looks like *someone* needs to do a complete reinstall of Sage!
Old 09-06-2006, 06:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Using the new stv, I am unable to go back to full screen by clicking on the little window on the lower left of the screen.

That window will not get highlighted and selected.

Otherwise the new stv is working great!

BTW- I recently installed a HD card and noticed that some of the options for selecting channel line ups are not present in sageMC. Also, after I choose the OTA lineup, sageMC hangs and the "downlonding channel lineup" page.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muchacho
Using the new stv, I am unable to go back to full screen by clicking on the little window on the lower left of the screen.

That window will not get highlighted and selected.
The window does not get highlighted, but the title below it. Did you try this too ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muchacho
BTW- I recently installed a HD card and noticed that some of the options for selecting channel line ups are not present in sageMC. Also, after I choose the OTA lineup, sageMC hangs and the "downlonding channel lineup" page.
I would recommend doing all major configuration by temporarily switching to the default STV

Dirk
Old 09-06-2006, 07:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Confirmed. I get images and cast information.
Good to hear ...

Just a teaser: I am currently implementing some darn good improvement for the IMDB pic lookup, so stay tuned ...

Dirk
Old 09-06-2006, 07:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Good to hear ...

Just a teaser: I am currently implementing some darn good improvement for the IMDB pic lookup, so stay tuned ...

Dirk
Tuned!

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I just installed it last night, so I have not verified. I will tonight though.

Dirk, question for you.

sagemc/save_on_cancel=true
sagemc/save_on_cancel_rec=true

Is there a difference between these? Did one get renamed to a new property, because I don't have the top line, and I don't get a popup asking if I want to save a recording, if I hit the record button while on the information page of a show that is recording...

Good find ... The options page uses 'save_on_cancel_rec', but the stop listener uses 'save_on_cancel' ... Will be fixed in the next update. As a workaround, set both settings to true.

Dirk
Old 09-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Sage Expert

Conflict page layout

Quote:
and now in 6.10a I added the "Conflicting Favorite" info with the fav title at the bottom for the other favorite. I don't see which additional info could be shown...Dirk
hmmm... It is not as confusing to me now on second glance so perhaps you are right. In fact, maybe less is more. Who knows... The second screenshot has more info than the first. There has got to be a better way to layout that screen. I'm pondering.... Consider the attached layout as a possibility...
Attached Images
File Type: png conflict suggestion.png (192.4 KB, 249 views)
-- Snoopy
Old 09-06-2006, 07:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
hmmm... It is not as confusing to me now on second glance so perhaps you are right. In fact, maybe less is more. Who knows... The second screenshot has more info than the first. There has got to be a better way to layout that screen. I'm pondering.... Consider the attached layout as a possibility...
Ok, that's weird. I could have sworn that I saw this post earlier in the thread. I even looked at the attached picture, but now its jumped to the latest post. I must be losing it....
Old 09-06-2006, 07:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Ok, that's weird. I could have sworn that I saw this post earlier in the thread. I even looked at the attached picture, but now its jumped to the latest post. I must be losing it....
Thank you Mike

I really thought I must be loosing it too ...

Dirk
Old 09-06-2006, 07:45 PM
Sage Icon

Ditto on the losing it! I guess for me, its just all that damn fighting trying to get those Genre Icons to show, and still wont! Argh!
Old 09-06-2006, 07:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thank you Mike

I really thought I must be loosing it too ...

Dirk
Uh-oh, it's worse than I thought.....mass delusions.

Dirk,

While I've got you here, an issue has come up regarding the genre icons. Some genres are listed with a '/' as in Suspense/Thriller. This character is restricted from use in file names, so I can't supply an icon for genres named like this. I just looked at the API and the string handling capabilities of studio seem a little underwhelming. I'd like to either have the '/' replaced with a '-' or alternately have the genre parsed and only use the first genre listed (in this case it would be Suspense). I guess this is a feature request. Is this something you could easily implement using java? Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 09-06-2006 at 07:57 PM.
Closed Thread