SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 03:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiGster
Guy's I'm having a little trouble figuring this Sage TV 5.04 thing out. I'd like to use SageMC and I want to use Zoom Player as my media/dvd player. I want ZP to play my TV recordings too. So, based on that what should I download from this site? I'm a little confused by the base build and the the add on and then there's flachbar's updates.

Also when I do install what I THINK is the right files (downloads) I can't seem to find flachbar's SageMC 16 by something XML file to load in Sage's Advance screen....why?? I could spend days trying to figure this out. Actually I have already and now I'm tired and need some direction. I've used Meedio for the last few years so this is all new to me. I don't know about any other newbs but this one finds the directions in this Customization forum confusing and out of date, so many different versions and some go with this version of Sage and some go with this one...ect. Now if you've been following this for some time then I'm sure it makes sense to you but I'm ready to through the towel in and Buy a Sony HD DVR.

If someone could help me get this setup I would appreciate it.
There are 3 choices as far as the STV goes, in SageMC.

1. SageMC 16x9 5_10, as the base build, which is where updating the entire build became unnecessary. You can use this version, but there has been vast improvements. You need the base version, no matter what, because it contains all the "guts" needed by the STV, such as Java files, graphics, etc. It does contain an STV (.stv) file, which is the old file format.

2. SageMC 16x9 "Latest Dev Build." This was the last STV file that mlbdude updated when he was working on the project. It is considered his "latest" effort. This option, or the next one are both optional. It, I believe, is a .stv file, but I can't remember.

3. SageMC 16x9 6.x, which is Flachbar's edition of the STV file. His contains more than just the STV file (now in this case, it's .xml, which is the new format that SageTV is using for STV files), because he has some additional features that need extra support. In order to use this file, or the one from #2, you need #1 installed, no matter what.

Since I wanted the latest, I installed the base version 5_10, and then skipped SageMC 16x9 Latest Dev Build, and just downloaded Flachbar's STV.

That's basically it. If you've installed Flachbar's .xml file, but cannot select it in the Detailed Setup, you will probably have to close out SageTV all together (shut it down), and go edit the sage.properties file (sageclient.properties file, if using service mode), find where the STV file is specified (search for .stv), and change it manually to .xml, and make sure and save.

I have no idea how to get the external players working, as I'm just using Sage to play everything. Maybe someone else can chime in.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Sage User

Thank you for taking the time to reply in detail. It clears a lot of doubts I had about if I was doing things right or not...I was not...but now I will.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Here are some observations about IMDB...

First, I'm sure you've noticed that the CAST section doesn't show up.
In addition, quote and trivia text blocks aren't scrollable as the general information page is

SageMC is still my favorite interface by far, so I thought I'd mention some quirks.
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

SageMC 16x9 & Multi-speed Continuous FF/REW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostinpvr
Anyone know how do you get the Multi-speed Continuous FF/REW to work under SageMC 16x9.
Help, Let me ask this another way.
Will SageMC 16x9 support Multi-speed Continuous FF/REW. If it will how do you enable it.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostinpvr
Help, Let me ask this another way.
Will SageMC 16x9 support Multi-speed Continuous FF/REW. If it will how do you enable it.
I'm pretty sure SageMC does not support the Multi-speed Continuous FF/REW in its present form. Sorry.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-02-2006, 09:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Dirk

I've just loaded SageMC 6.10 and I've run into a problem. I use the old Hauppauge remote that shares vol up and down with left and right. With SageMC 6.10 in most of the menus left and right is changing volume rather than moving the cursor.

If this by design (I can see how having volume accessable in all screens would be nice if I had a different remote) or a bug. It undermines 6.10s useability for me so, if it is by design, could a switch be added. In the meantime I've backed down to 6.8a.

Cheers

Eric
Old 09-02-2006, 10:16 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by something fishy
Hi Dirk

I've just loaded SageMC 6.10 and I've run into a problem. I use the old Hauppauge remote that shares vol up and down with left and right. With SageMC 6.10 in most of the menus left and right is changing volume rather than moving the cursor.

If this by design (I can see how having volume accessable in all screens would be nice if I had a different remote) or a bug. It undermines 6.10s useability for me so, if it is by design, could a switch be added. In the meantime I've backed down to 6.8a.

Cheers

Eric
You could always edit your irremote.ini file to make the remote work how you want it to.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:56 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Hi Dirk

Cheers

Eric
Yeah... in recent versions, Dirk modified the listener to work with 'left' and 'right' as opposed to 'left/volume down' and 'right/volume up'...

-Jason
Old 09-03-2006, 08:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
I'm pretty sure SageMC does not support the Multi-speed Continuous FF/REW in its present form. Sorry.

Aloha,
Mike
Mike,
Thanks,
By the way your ICON packs are great.
I wasn't absolutly sure, the documentation for SageMC lacks a little but the product is wonderful.
Have a great day.
Thanks Again
Old 09-03-2006, 08:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
It undermines 6.10s useability for me so, if it is by design, could a switch be added.

Cheers

Eric
Settings...Detailed Setup...Advanced...SageMC Options...Main...Cursor Comskip

I believe this may help. Set it to Disabled.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Settings...Detailed Setup...Advanced...SageMC Options...Main...Cursor Comskip

I believe this may help. Set it to Disabled.
Nope, doesn't work. I am having the same problem.

I have a remote with which I have combined left/right with volume up/down and up/down with channel up/down.

Was using v6.7 up until now and this was no problem for me, but with v6.10 in certain screens it reacts as volume up/down instead of left/righ. I can't really see why it does that. For instance in the My TV screen, there's no use (for me) to change the volume, so I wan't left/right.

Not every screen does this, though. The Recorded TV screen acts just fine.

Could this be easily changed?
Old 09-03-2006, 02:50 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franc
I have a remote with which I have combined left/right with volume up/down and up/down with channel up/down.

Could this be easily changed?
Yep... Change the listener... Dirk changed this with 6.9 and up... It's a bug or a feature... depending on your point of view...

FWIW: I had to change my remote to just plain left and right as opposed to left/volume down and right/volume up... You can also go in and change your listener from within Studio... I did not not because I use my Harmony remote which controls the main TV volume...

-Jason
Old 09-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Yep... Change the listener... Dirk changed this with 6.9 and up... It's a bug or a feature... depending on your point of view...

FWIW: I had to change my remote to just plain left and right as opposed to left/volume down and right/volume up... You can also go in and change your listener from within Studio... I did not not because I use my Harmony remote which controls the main TV volume...

-Jason
Exactly. I am using the Hauppage 45 button remote, which has volume and channel buttons. So, I just setup the left, right, up, down to be that and that only. Much less confusing for others to use the remote.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
1068-888=180

Wow, that's a lot of posts for Dirk to read when he gets back!
Just got back
Indeed, quite overwhelming

Looks like this release will keep me busy for some time

Dirk
Old 09-03-2006, 08:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

DVD Profiler

I have just installed this STV and love the option of using comskip (not to mention the interface)!

I have tried the DVD Profiler and ran a test with 4 movies by adding the titles through the profiler, exporting the info to an xml file and then pointing Sage toward the exported file.

Is the cover art supposed to be there also??
It showed up in DVD Profiler but when viewing through Sage on the description of movie is there... did I miss something?

thanks,
JD
Old 09-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzy
I have just installed this STV and love the option of using comskip (not to mention the interface)!

I have tried the DVD Profiler and ran a test with 4 movies by adding the titles through the profiler, exporting the info to an xml file and then pointing Sage toward the exported file.

Is the cover art supposed to be there also??
It showed up in DVD Profiler but when viewing through Sage on the description of movie is there... did I miss something?

thanks,
JD
Sounds like you got the collection.xml in the right place.

What does your DVD Profiler root location say in the properties file? That is where Sage looks to get the coverart. If it is as per the instructions, then you'll need to verify that it's installed in that location. (In other words, is the location called out in your properties file, a valid location?)

Reason I ask, is that the beta version of DVD Pro, sometimes installs in a beta type folder, so your properties file will need to change, accordingly. Also, this applies if you did not use the default path when installing DVD Pro.

One last question, is DVD Pro on the same machine you are running Sage on? If not, then I can help you there as well.

Dirk, welcome back. You were missed...So, just over 200 posts to read...not too bad!
Old 09-04-2006, 12:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

DVD Profiler

The DVD Profiler program is on the same machine as Sage (the HTPC).....

I can see cover art images in the DVD Profiler 'images' directory.

You speak of property files.... where might those be located and what would they be named?
If I can edit it and add a path that I can move the cover art images to that might work...eh?

JD
Old 09-04-2006, 08:52 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Just got back
Indeed, quite overwhelming

Looks like this release will keep me busy for some time

Dirk
Welcome back. I hope you had a good time.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:58 AM
Sage Icon

mlbdude/DVDProfiler_Root=C\:\\Program Files\\InterVocative Software\\DVD Profiler

This property tells SageMC where you have DVD Profiler installed.

Make sure that it matches with your installation of DVD Profiler.

Oh, the properties files. These are located in C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\

and are named sage.properties (or sageclient.properties, if you are using SageTV in service mode, which if you do not know what I'm talking about here, then it's probably not in service mode).

sage.properties is a text file, and can be edited for different things. Although now that flachbar has taken over the STV for the time being, he has added a very easy way to edit these setting, without even editing the properties file.

These can be found in Settings...Detailed Setup...Advanced...SageMC Options. Under Path, you'll notice the above listed property, and you can just browse to that location. (DVD Profiler Path). Your Meta Data XML path can also be set here, if you did not export that in the correct place (but it sounds like you did, if you got the text part of the meta data, but you might want to make sure).

BTW, if you ever do need to edit the property files directly, you will need to shut down SageTV completely, because SageTV has the files open while it's running (or keeps track of how the file looked the last time it opened it), and will edit OUT any changes you make while SageTV is running.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Interesting....

If I go to Utilities/Settings/Advanced....there is no MCE path options

I have: Core Settings, STV Enhancments, External Setup, and Configure Menu from this level...

I manually went into the sage.properties file and added the path to the dvd profiler program but it did not help.... (I rechecked the properties file after I saved it to make sure the change saved to the file)

JD
Closed Thread