SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 07:52 PM
Sage Icon

Weather Suite, I believe, can be enabled in the "Options" on the main menu. Hit the option key on your remote, or ESC.

Dynamic Menues...well, you have 3 custom menus which you can customize, check out Settings, Detailed Settings, Advanced, SageMC Options (near the bottom), and the Menu section.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Clean install of Sage fixed the coverart problem!!! Imported Webserver too with no problems. Awesome. What a great feature.
JUC
Oh, man...not looking forward to it, but I'm getting play back errors frequently now.

So, you had to install Sage, Webserver, SageMC, 6.x, etc?

Wow, guess when Justice is over, I'll have to start.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Weather Suite, I believe, can be enabled in the "Options" on the main menu. Hit the option key on your remote, or ESC.

Dynamic Menues...well, you have 3 custom menus which you can customize, check out Settings, Detailed Settings, Advanced, SageMC Options (near the bottom), and the Menu section.
Thanks,
But with SageMC 16x9 can you no longer import an option like Multi-speed continuous FF-REW module which is a .stvi file type since the only choice for import is .xml or is something broke?

In the options there was not a choice for weather, I had to go in to the properties file and change:
mlbdude/mm_weather_enabled=False
To
mlbdude/mm_weather_enabled=true. This activated the weather option.
Are dynamic menu's built in now.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Clean install of Sage fixed the coverart problem!!! Imported Webserver too with no problems. Awesome. What a great feature.
JUC

WHat do you consider a clean install? Uninstall, Save Wiz.bin and properties file, Reinstall Sage then Sage MC?

Technazz
Old 08-30-2006, 08:39 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
WHat do you consider a clean install? Uninstall, Save Wiz.bin and properties file, Reinstall Sage then Sage MC?

Technazz
That's what I did, except I forgot to backup either Sage properties files, and Had to reset those up (oh well).
Old 08-30-2006, 08:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
JUC
No dice for me.

Reinstalled everything. Sage, SageMC, Webserver, MT, WR. Still don't get it.

What version of Java you got?

Last edited by geogecko; 08-30-2006 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
That's what I did, except I forgot to backup either Sage properties files, and Had to reset those up (oh well).
I think uninstalling actually leaves files like that there. Did you manually delete the sagetv folders?

I made backups just in case something got jacked up, but everything was still in tact after uninstalling and reinstalling...

I guess a clean installation, you'd want to delete everything, but I wasn't that brave...

Giving up for the evening...

Last edited by geogecko; 08-30-2006 at 09:09 PM.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I think uninstalling actually leaves files like that there. Did you manually delete the sagetv folders?

I made backups just in case something got jacked up, but everything was still in tact after uninstalling and reinstalling...

I guess a clean installation, you'd want to delete everything, but I wasn't that brave...

Giving up for the evening...

I kept going.. A full reinstall and now I have automatic cover art

I backed up my Sage Folder then Uninstalled Sage,
Deleted the Sage folder then Installed Sage,
Replaced the wiz.bi, (not the properties)
nstall Sage MC 5.1 then 6.1.
Added my Videos and Recording Dir and the cover art started coming fast. It gave my HD a workout..

Now I can sleep..

Technazz
Old 08-31-2006, 07:10 AM
Sage Icon

So, are favorites stored in the Wiz.bin?

Technazz. So that means you basically had to set everything back up, since you didn't restore your properties file, right? Setting up your tuners, libraries, etc.?
Old 08-31-2006, 07:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
So, are favorites stored in the Wiz.bin?

Technazz. So that means you basically had to set everything back up, since you didn't restore your properties file, right? Setting up your tuners, libraries, etc.?
Yes favorites are in there. By not restoring the properties file, he had to re setup all his tuners and channel lineups and recording/import directories, etc. I did the same thing when I upgraded (reinstalled) because I didnt want all the old junk in there that I had messed with.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:03 AM
Sage Icon

I did everything technazz did except I did copy back over my properties file and also my clients file for my MVP properties.

So basically:
copy sagetv folder for backup purposes
uninstall sagetv
delete sagetv folder (i had to restart the computer because something else was running)
reinstall sage
install sage MC 5_10, 6_10 (latest dev. build)
install webserver
copy over properties file and clients folder
start up sage
and it worked.

edit: oh ya--copies over the channel logos folder too! gotta have that!

I think the trick was deleting the sagetv folder
One thing I did notice is that my actisys that controlls one of my directv boxes stopped working after the reinstall. Not sure why but i had to go back and reteach it my codes. no biggie
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 08-31-2006, 08:32 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks, guys. I'll give it a try either late tonight, or this weekend...

I've got properties file backups from version 3 on up...
Old 08-31-2006, 09:27 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Yes favorites are in there. By not restoring the properties file, he had to re setup all his tuners and channel lineups and recording/import directories, etc. I did the same thing when I upgraded (reinstalled) because I didnt want all the old junk in there that I had messed with.
Exactly. I did the same thing for the same reasons. It didn't take too long to resetup Sage and SageMC.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:33 AM
Sage Icon

The resolved conflicts icon is wrong. It is using the online.png instead of the conflict_resolved.png. And I think the online icon is actually using the conflict_resolved.png.

here is a version of the .xml with those issues fixed
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageMC_169-kricker.zip (400.8 KB, 497 views)

Last edited by kricker; 08-31-2006 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Poor Dirk is going to be mobbed the second he shows back up around here.
That'll learn 'im not to go on vacation and leave us to our own devices....
Old 08-31-2006, 02:20 PM
Sage Icon

Are the learned commands for the USB-UIRT stored in some file? I'd like to back that up as well, so I don't have to learn all my remote commands again.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Are the learned commands for the USB-UIRT stored in some file? I'd like to back that up as well, so I don't have to learn all my remote commands again.
sage.properties (or sageclient.properties depending on your system) to my knowledge.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:33 PM
Sage Icon

I could have sworn it was a different file, possibly in the sagetv/common/ directory?
Old 08-31-2006, 02:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Weather Option gone in setup, Wizard Stops at Source setup.

Since I reinstalled SageMC 16x9 I have had this small problem.
Can anyone think of a reason why I can't get past the source setup screen in the setup wizard, I can click on "Finish Source Setup" all day long and it will not go to the next screen. I am trying to get to the weather setup but it won't do it.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:11 PM
SageTVaholic

For the setup wizard you're probably better off switching back to the default STV, setting everything up, and then switching back to SageMC.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Closed Thread