SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 12:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuzzu
i am using the trial of sage 5.0.4. The trial version shows the text "Trial" when viewing video (recordings, liveTV, etc). The text moves randomly. However, when using SageMC, the text moves around but WITHOUT removing itself from the previous location. i.e. in about 5 minutes, the entire screen is covered with 'Trial', making the video almost unseeable beneath it! Clicking in Sage, which displays the show info, clears all this text, at which point it builds up again. Any idea what could be causing this? This is a straightforward install of Sage, default settings for everything. I have tried changing video settings, but still does the same. Note: this was an issue with the previous version (6.9) of SageMC as well.
This usually happens when the installation of the STV is not done correctly.

In order to do it correctly, you need to download the original 5_10 version of the full STV, and install it in the /sageTV/SageTV directory, making sure that your "use folder names" option is selected.

Once you do that, then install version 6.10 of the STV.

Then, make sure and select the STV (.xml file) in your settings.

Oh, and welcome to SageTV, and better yet, welcome to SageMC!

Last edited by geogecko; 08-28-2006 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:17 PM
Sage Icon

flachbar.

I think we need to update the download/instruction page to reflect what needs to be installed. Yes, it does say a base install is needed, but it isn't real clear what that is. We have several new people coming in, that make this mistake, and I think it may be because the instructions aren't as clear. We could provide a link to 5_10, for example, in the instructions, so that they know it's a different download, than the current 6.10 version they are getting. Just an idea.

Jason.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Not sure how many have images. I only noticed it last night briefly (was pretty much in awe) that any graphics showed up, wasnt expecting it, thought it was an add-on that I didnt install yet. Only went into 2 shows that had them, Smallville did, and so did a show I recorded called 'Inside the Vatican' but the image was too small to tell if it was really for the proper show. I will check out some of my other TV shows tonight and see what shows up. Also, on Pirates of Caribbean that was on ABC last night, I had to manually select which 1 of 3 movies it was.
So, what are your .my files options all set to? Disabled? What about IMDB Lookup? Maybe I'll disable all the .my files, and just IMDB Lookup enabled, and see what happens.

I know Prison Break has some pictures on IMDB, just checked, so we'll see if it shows up tonight.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:38 PM
Sage Icon

Ummm, I think my .my files are disabled. When I get home I can check the settings for you. IMDB lookup was enabled.

As for the installation instructions, I found some posted back on about page 41 of this thread, here they are. Worked perfect for me. But yeah, "base" should be listed as 5.10.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:13 PM
Sage Icon

Yep, that is them (the instructions).

Maybe it's the .my files causing the problem. Let me know what your settings are, and I'll just disable the .my file settings, and see what happens.

It could be that I'm not leaving it on the program info screen long enough to see it load...
Old 08-28-2006, 02:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
So, what are your .my files options all set to? Disabled? What about IMDB Lookup? Maybe I'll disable all the .my files, and just IMDB Lookup enabled, and see what happens.

I know Prison Break has some pictures on IMDB, just checked, so we'll see if it shows up tonight.
Use .my files: disabled
Auto-gen .my files: disabled
IMDB Lookup: enabled

Most of my TV shows are recordings from DiscoveryHD, HDNet or National Geographic HD, and many of these series dont have cover art available. But for the most part, all my movie recordings are coming through ok with graphics.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:57 PM
Sage Icon

Ok, I probably shouldnt post this in here, but SageMC is the only thing I installed recently, and previously I never had this error. Got home tonight, tried to play a recording, and get Playback exception error -1,0x800401f0. I even tried it on a known good recording that I have viewed already, same error, so its nothing to do with my encoders. What in SageMC would be affecting this?

Closing (exiting) the client, and restarting it, makes it work. Is anyone else leaving their HTPC on 24/7 (not playing a file just in the UI) and not have this issue?

Last edited by Kirby; 08-28-2006 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Ok, I probably shouldnt post this in here, but SageMC is the only thing I installed recently, and previously I never had this error. Got home tonight, tried to play a recording, and get Playback exception error -1,0x800401f0. I even tried it on a known good recording that I have viewed already, same error, so its nothing to do with my encoders. What in SageMC would be affecting this?

Closing (exiting) the client, and restarting it, makes it work. Is anyone else leaving their HTPC on 24/7 (not playing a file just in the UI) and not have this issue?
24/7 here, and once in a blue moon, I get that same error. I usually just close Sage out all the way (including service mode), and that usually fixes it. If not, a reboot will always get that pesky little punk.

So, consider it confirmed.

Also, thanks for the other information. Will turn .my file generation off...maybe that is causing the problem.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:51 PM
Sage User

Quote:
This usually happens when the installation of the STV is not done correctly.

In order to do it correctly, you need to download the original 5_10 version of the full STV, and install it in the /sageTV/SageTV directory, making sure that your "use folder names" option is selected.

Once you do that, then install version 6.10 of the STV.

Then, make sure and select the STV (.xml file) in your settings.

Oh, and welcome to SageTV, and better yet, welcome to SageMC!
Thanks for the welcome, the more I use sagetv and sagemc, the more I like it! I did do the installation in that order, this a fresh install of Sage, so I think that everything is installed correctly. Wonder if it is an overlay thing or something?
Old 08-28-2006, 04:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuzzu
Thanks for the welcome, the more I use sagetv and sagemc, the more I like it! I did do the installation in that order, this a fresh install of Sage, so I think that everything is installed correctly. Wonder if it is an overlay thing or something?
Okay, I think I understand your description now. Hmm...that would appear to be some problem with the trial version... If you wouldn't mind, you might want to submit that as a bug report. I'm sure, that since most people that are using the trial version, are just trying things out, they probably rarely report anything wrong with it...

That's the only thing I can assume...That must be a new "feature" in the trial version, because I never saw the "Trial" word in the actual video, when I tried it...

Oh, wait. It's just with SageMC installed? That's even stranger. So, a bug report is not needed. It must be some conflict with SageTV and SageMC...
Old 08-28-2006, 04:23 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Nice. Made a local copy of that. I need to put something like that together, before I forget everything, and my system drive crashes...
Thanks
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 08-28-2006, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
That's the only thing I can assume...That must be a new "feature" in the trial version, because I never saw the "Trial" word in the actual video, when I tried it...
I think the "trial" text only shows up on the MVP and Placeshifter clients. I'm guessing that it may have something to do with how the playback screen is drawn, if it isn't getting cleared in one STV & is on the other.

It doesn't get repeated shown in the default STV, does it?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
24/7 here, and once in a blue moon, I get that same error. I usually just close Sage out all the way (including service mode), and that usually fixes it. If not, a reboot will always get that pesky little punk.

So, consider it confirmed.

Also, thanks for the other information. Will turn .my file generation off...maybe that is causing the problem.
Are you running SageMC on the server machine as well? I only installed it on my HTPC which is a client install. Before loading SageMC, I would routinely run my HTPC client for weeks on end, never with an issue. Only time I would have to stop it is when an upgrade came down from MS or Slysoft.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
Also, one other thing, with the new version of SageMC (6.10), someone else mentioned that when they finish playback of a recorded video, and either hit STOP/DELETE, you will then get a black screen, this is happening with my setup as well (I am not sure if it 100% of the time as of yet, need to test more). Hitting either STOP or BACK will get you out of the black screen (like with that of the OP).
I'm having similar results. It does not happen every time, just once in a while.

Quote:
Are you running SageMC on the server machine as well? I only installed it on my HTPC which is a client install. Before loading SageMC, I would routinely run my HTPC client for weeks on end, never with an issue. Only time I would have to stop it is when an upgrade came down from MS or Slysoft.
I only have one computer I'm running Sage on, but I'm using service mode, which the GUI uses a psudo client. But, I can't tell you for sure when this happens. It could be after an MS upgrade, but I think it probably happens more often, when I'm jacking around with SageTV or STV's.

Hmm...still after disabling all the .my TV stuff, and deleting all the .my files, I still don't get "cover art" for the TV shows...
Old 08-28-2006, 06:12 PM
Sage Icon

I just had one of those black screens after pressing stop, but at that point, nothing would happen. wound up having to reboot the client.

Which shows are you trying to get the cover art for? Maybe they just dont have them in IMDB? Have you checked on their site to see if cover art shows?
Old 08-28-2006, 06:28 PM
SageTVaholic

I have the .my file options disabled and I'm picking up a lot of TV program images from imdb. Like American Justice, Cold Case Files,etc. Make sure that you're using Sage MC 6.10 and don't have the jar file nielm_sageimdb get overwritten by an older version from a another plugin.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
I have the .my file options disabled and I'm picking up a lot of TV program images from imdb. Like American Justice, Cold Case Files,etc. Make sure that you're using Sage MC 6.10 and don't have the jar file nielm_sageimdb get overwritten by an older version from a another plugin.

Gerry
Can I get a date/time stamp on that?

I have: 02/09/2006 @ 10:48 AM

My nielm_sageutls.jar has a date of 03/24/2006 @ 10:03 PM (which is different than the 02/05/2006 @ 1:30 PM which is in nielm's download of his IMDB STVi).

Last edited by geogecko; 08-28-2006 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:46 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
I think the "trial" text only shows up on the MVP and Placeshifter clients. I'm guessing that it may have something to do with how the playback screen is drawn, if it isn't getting cleared in one STV & is on the other.

It doesn't get repeated shown in the default STV, does it?

- Andy
Yes, it happens when connected via placeshifter, but not with the default STV. Note that installing the OSDClock STV seems to kind of fix the issue .. i.e. there appear to be 2 instances of "Trial" that move locations randomly ... although sometimes it builds up to about 6 in total before it goes back to 1 or 2 intances. This "fix" seems to occur even if the clock is set not to be displayed during playback in the settings menu.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Can I get a date/time stamp on that?

I have: 02/09/2006 @ 10:48 AM

My nielm_sageutls.jar has a date of 03/24/2006 @ 10:03 PM (which is different than the 02/05/2006 @ 1:30 PM which is in nielm's download of his IMDB STVi).
Same as mine.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I just had one of those black screens after pressing stop, but at that point, nothing would happen. wound up having to reboot the client.

Which shows are you trying to get the cover art for? Maybe they just dont have them in IMDB? Have you checked on their site to see if cover art shows?
Yep, checked several of of my shows, Sienfield, Prison Break, etc., and none show up.