SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 01:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
although possible, this would actually require a lot of work ...
No problem.

I'll just keep asking for stuff as I think of them. Every once in a while something useful may come of it. Thanks!

Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-24-2006, 04:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPA
A couple of weeks ago I posted a feature request for the music section. I was asking if it was possible to add an "add to que" button for the genre section. As it is currently you can send the entire catalog of multiple artists to the que, but not multiple genres. Right now you can really only listen to one genre at a time. This is a function that J River offers that, for me, would really complete the SageMC music section. Does this sound appealing to anyone else? I listen alot by genre and sometimes I don't want to just listen to jazz, i may want to listen to jazz and R&B and shuffle between the genres, etc. Is this possible? Is there a workaround? Am I missing something?
I'll take a look at that. It won't make it into the next version, but I'll keep it in on my todo list. The placement of this functionality will be a little problematic since the screen which shows the genre albums is already using all 7 buttons (which is the max), but I'm sure I can come up with something

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPA
Also, It would be great if there were a "Now Playing" screen with larger album artwork and track info. I am using the winamp plugin and when i try to use the visualize button, the whole computer freezes. I know FSE and VMR9 are probably the culprit but I need these for studder free video. The thing is, i don't even want to use actual visualizations, just larger album art with artist/album/track, etc. Any ideas?
I know exactly what you mean, I use Meedio (which has a really nice 'Now Playing' screen) for all my music, and this the most important screen for me too. I won't promise anything, but if Sage 5.1 should really finally support FLAC tags as mentioned by Andy, I might consider to do some more work on the Music Library to get rid of Meedio. Let's see ...

Dirk
Old 08-24-2006, 06:38 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
  • using SageTV server (non-service mode): Sage.properties
  • using SageTV server (service mode): the service (non-UI part) uses Sage.properties, the UI uses SageClient.properties
  • using SageTV client: SageClient.properties
  • using MVP/Placeshifter: using xxxx.properties in 'clients' folder
Now this can be a little more complicated since STV code can explicitly use Get/SetServerProperty to access properties in Sage.properties on the server, even if the STV is running on a client. Hence stanger89's recommendation that STVi developers should not use it, unless there is a compelling reason to do so.

Dirk
Outstanding! thank you.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 08-24-2006, 11:12 PM
Sage Expert

back after delete not working

OK, I figured out what is going on in my case.

'Back' command works fine and takes me all the way back to the main SageMC menu as needed.

The time it does not work is when I click on 'stop' and choose from the little little pop-up options asking me if I wish to 'delete'. I typically say "yes". When I choose to delete a recording and press 'back' from there, I am met with what I think is LiveTV where the video just starts playing for no apparent reason. Under normal circumstances (where 'delete' has not just been selected), the command "back" does in fact go "back". Here it does not.

Can this be fixed?
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 08-25-2006, 07:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
OK, I figured out what is going on in my case.

'Back' command works fine and takes me all the way back to the main SageMC menu as needed.

The time it does not work is when I click on 'stop' and choose from the little little pop-up options asking me if I wish to 'delete'. I typically say "yes". When I choose to delete a recording and press 'back' from there, I am met with what I think is LiveTV where the video just starts playing for no apparent reason. Under normal circumstances (where 'delete' has not just been selected), the command "back" does in fact go "back". Here it does not.

Can this be fixed?
I've noticed the same behavior also. Would rather skip LiveTV and go back to the Recordings (or the screen prior to Live.).

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Where did it go??

Okay, maybe it's just me, but I can't seem to locate the "Latest Build v6.9b" to download it.

Is it just me? I seem to be lost in a loop of circular logic!!

Can someone send me a working link?

Thanks

Ted
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted@TNT
Okay, maybe it's just me, but I can't seem to locate the "Latest Build v6.9b" to download it.

Is it just me? I seem to be lost in a loop of circular logic!!

Can someone send me a working link?

Thanks

Ted
Go here and find the tiny "Download Here" link at the bottom of the page.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-25-2006, 05:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Go here and find the tiny "Download Here" link at the bottom of the page.

Aloha,
Mike
Well, I guess we can conclude this it was indeed me!!

Thanks, Mike!

Ted
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:51 AM
SageTVaholic

New version 6.10 available

Hi there,

version 6.10 is now available. Changes include:

Auto-Comskip enable/disable

I split the 'Enable/Disable Auto-Comskip' setting into a global and a temporary one. The global one can be set in the Comskip options (in DetailedSetup), and the existing setting in the OSD Options menu is now only temporary for the current video. On playback of the next video file the auto-comskip setting will be reset to the global setting.

Program Info scroll from Guide

The scrolling of the Program Info by using the <Skip> buttons now also works if you bring up the Info coming from the EPG Guide. It will scroll through all other shows which are currently on (within 30 minutes).

Additional option for "Select" in OSD

Based on a suggestion from ke6guj I added a third option for the mapping of 'Select' in the video playing menu: besides 'Previous Channel' and 'Channel change confirm' you can now also set it to bring up the options menu (like in the defaul STV). After trying it I really liked it, since the 'Options' button on my remote is quite a distance from the cursor keys where the thumb is usually resting on. To bring up the detail info, you now just have to press select twice and you are there ... I also added a link to the 'My TV' menu to the options menu for the same reasons.

Diskbar

Ok, I personally still think that the diskbar doesn't really match well with the SageMC look & feel, but for the die-hards out there who can't live without it I thought it doesn't harm to have it in there as an option (default is disabled). For people like me who occasionally just quickly want to check the space situation I added the ability to show the diskbar temporarily from the Main Menu by pressing 'Info', and it will automatically hide itself after the OSD timeout

IMDB lookup for TV recordings

I added functionality to automatically download and display video cover art for TV movies and shows using nielm's IMDB java classes (can be disabled). Since the search may return multiple results it is possible that sometimes a wrong cover will be shown, but I tried to minimize these cases by trying to match up the exact title and the release year (for movies). The picture (if available) will be downloaded in the background once you bring up the Program Info screen, so it can take a few seconds to appear (I am thinking about ways to improve this in the future...). I also noticed that sometimes a cover art will not get retrieved on the first attempt (but it will show up when you re-enter the page). I already asked nielm for help on this, I might be missing something here. But in most of the cases the functionality works really well, and I think this is a pretty neat feature ...

Other changes include:

- added option to set default for filter in Movies menu
- added "Sort By Star Rating" to Movies screen
- added "Search by Actor" to Search menu
- added a blinking text cursor to the text entry dialogs (can be disabled)
- added 'cancel' button to "Keep partial recording ?" dialog
- shows can be marked as watched / dontlike while playing
- automatic .my files generation will now includes library files too
- generated .my file info for TV shows will now also fill the fields title, actors, and overview
- .my file overview is now shown in OSD info
- after saving the IMDB info for a video it now returns directyly to the Video Info screen
- if a video is playing in the preview window on the Main menu, 'left' will return back to full screen Video
- when a grouped item is selected in a grouped view, the first itme in the list is now focused instead of the menu buttons
- added a 'recording' indicator to the menu screens (default is disabled)
- OSD info in the video screen can now be canceled with 'Left' before the OSD timeout
- added 'Stop' button to stop dialog at the end of playback
- added jump table to Music / By Artist
- show album art for Music / By Artist
- after a song from the queue has finished playing, it will now get automatically removed from the queue (that's for you Mike )
- when playing a video playlist it starts to play in fullscreen instead of the preview window
- added a new clock format to show date and 24hr time
- update parental locks screens to match SageMC themes (thanks to kricker for his help !)
- added group name to 'Video Info' if .my file info is read
- re-grouped SageMC options
- added setting to show paused video instead of 'Stopped' icon in preview window (can be disabled)
- added support for XMLTV importer DD, DS, and 16:9 icons
- now showing separate icons for series recording/not recording
- added online/offline icons to video library view (sorry geogecko it took so long ... ) (default is disabled)
- added setting to disable comskip on left/right for those who have volume control mapped to these buttons
- updated Focus Gained/ Focus Lost hooks in STV to be compatible with upcoming 5.1 beta

Fixes:
- corrected width of My Menu items so that they wont overlap the video preview window any more
- made another change to the HD channel entry which hopefully will fix it for good
- fixed issue with watched shows showing up when "Unwatched" filter selected in Recorded TV
- fixed the 24:00 clock display issue
- fixed my menu title when using dynamic main menu
- fixed accidental deletion of custom group attribute on dvdprofiler update and title change

This version contains lots of changes, so there is a chance that something is not working right or other stuff got broken - just let me know. I'm just about to head to the airport for a short vacation to Germany, so my presence here in the forum might be limited for the next week.

Enjoy,

Dirk
Old 08-26-2006, 08:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
- added online/offline icons to video library view (sorry geogecko it took so long ... ) (default is disabled)
Thanks! I was looking back through some of my HTPC screenshots, and found that picture mockup that I did. I was going to ask about it yesterday, but didn't get around to it.

Thanks for another update! Looking forward to all these new features. No luck yet, with a slow response from a Stop command...

Any easter eggs this time?

Did the series_rec.png get renamed to series.png? I noticed this was one of the two icons that got updated?

Last edited by geogecko; 08-26-2006 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:13 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Diskbar
Ok, I personally still think that the diskbar doesn't really match well with the SageMC look & feel, but for the die-hards out there who can't live without it I thought it doesn't harm to have it in there as an option (default is disabled). For people like me who occasionally just quickly want to check the space situation I added the ability to show the diskbar temporarily from the Main Menu by pressing 'Info', and it will automatically hide itself after the OSD timeout
Nice!

That is one impressive list of changes and additions. I can't wait to get my HTPC back up and running to play with it. Thank you very very much. Have fun in Deutschland.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
No luck yet, with a slow response from a Stop command...
So did you try it with 6.10 ? I finally found what's causing this on my MVP, and now the Stop dialog comes up almost instantly. I hoped it would solve the problems on the client as well ...

Quote:
Any easter eggs this time?
No, this time I listed all the features ...

Quote:
Did the series_rec.png get renamed to series.png? I noticed this was one of the two icons that got updated?
series.png is the new icon for favorite shows in the EPG which are not scheduled to record. Mike will shortly release some nicer ones ...

Ok, I'm off the air now ...

Dirk
Old 08-26-2006, 09:32 AM
Sage Expert

New errors...

Dirk-

First of all... have a great vacation!

Next... new 'bug'...

From various screens, when you hit the left/right arrow, it brings up the volume 'slider' as opposed to moving either left or right within the screen...

Example... From the main screen (with the Sleep/Exit button in the top left) when you hit left, it will move the volume down... From various other screens when you hit right, it will not mvoe to the righthand portion(s), but rather move the volume up...

-Jason
Old 08-26-2006, 09:33 AM
Sage Icon

Ah, I see (about the series.png).

No, I haven't tried (officially) the 6.10 version, except just now setting it up. I will see if I run into the Stop delay Stop problem again, and let you know if I see it.

Thanks again for the updates. It's amazing how much you cram in there!
Old 08-26-2006, 09:38 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Dirk-

First of all... have a great vacation!

Next... new 'bug'...

From various screens, when you hit the left/right arrow, it brings up the volume 'slider' as opposed to moving either left or right within the screen...

Example... From the main screen (with the Sleep/Exit button in the top left) when you hit left, it will move the volume down... From various other screens when you hit right, it will not mvoe to the righthand portion(s), but rather move the volume up...

-Jason
Yes, have a nice, relaxing vacation, Dirk!

Jason, what is your SageMC Options...Main...Cursor Comskip set to? I have it enabled, and don't seem to have that problem. (At least, I don't think so, let me try it out...nope, no problems here.)

Last edited by geogecko; 08-26-2006 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Yes, have a nice, relaxing vacation, Dirk!

Jason, what is your SageMC Options...Main...Cursor Comskip set to? I have it enabled, and don't seem to have that problem. (At least, I don't think so, let me try it out...nope, no problems here.)
Yep... mines enabled... however, since it is way down the list and I could not 'get to it...' with the remote, I had to use my mouse to find out......

My left and right buttons on the remote are mapped to:

left/volume down

and

right/volume up

It depends on the screen... some screens may have a different listener...

-Jason
Old 08-26-2006, 12:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

HELP! Diskbar

Quote:
Hi there,

version 6.10 is now available. Changes include:

Diskbar

Dirk

Hello,
I have installed the latest versin of SageMC16x9 and think it's absolotly great. But I was wondering how to see on screen how much disk space I have used. I had this option before using the Secret extras but now I can not seem to get this to work anymore?

I see it listed in the Version history v6.10:
- added optional diskbar display
How do I get this to work?
Thanks
Old 08-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Additional option for "Select" in OSD
Thanks, works for me.

Quote:
Diskbar

Ok, I personally still think that the diskbar doesn't really match well with the SageMC look & feel, but for the die-hards out there who can't live without it I thought it doesn't harm to have it in there as an option (default is disabled).
Thanks for that as well. Yes, It doesn't really match well visually, but the info is more important to me than the visual. Perhaps someone can design a nicer MCE style one. Or else, nielm's version in his dynamic menus, with his permission, of course.

Quote:
- after saving the IMDB info for a video it now returns directyly to the Video Info screen
I save the IMDB info, but only the jpg is saved, there is no IMDB info saved.

Quote:
- if a video is playing in the preview window on the Main menu, 'left' will return back to full screen Video
ON this, it is jumping back to "live TV", instead of the recorded video that is already playing. I have to do a "previous channel" to get to the recorded video.

Left also jumped to live TV if I stoped a video queue and then tried to left out of the video info screen.

Quote:
- when a grouped item is selected in a grouped view, the first itme in the list is now focused instead of the menu buttons
Ok, works good. One thing I noticed from before,Is it designed that if you scroll down a list and get to the end, the focus jumps back to the left and will scroll down the left side and loop over the top. But if you scroll up a list and get to the top, it just stops.

Quote:
- added 'Stop' button to stop dialog at the end of playback
Had some weird stuff with this, on Stop and Delete. Sometimes it would just black screen. Other times it would go back to the info of the show I was watching, even it was deleted.

Last edited by ke6guj; 08-26-2006 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostinpvr
I see it listed in the Version history v6.10:
- added optional diskbar display
How do I get this to work?
Thanks
If you go into SageMC options>Visual> Disk Bar, select it to enable.

SageMC option are in setting>detailed setup>advanced>SageMC 16x9 OPtions.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:53 PM
SageTVaholic

FYI. Glassy show icons have been updated to include the new series.png and rec_indicator icons for SageMC v6.10
Please direct any comments/criticisms to the Graphics for SageMC thread to keep Dirk's thread clean. Thanks!

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 08-26-2006 at 02:39 PM.
Closed Thread