SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 05:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Shuffle in My Music? I don't remember seeing that recently? Easter Eggs drive me crazy!
Nah, but here's a little hint: something in the TV section ...

Dirk
Old 08-15-2006, 09:40 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Nah, but here's a little hint: something in the TV section ...

Dirk
I'll be looking for it tonight, if any of you all find it, please post!!!

This is kind of fun...or is it?
Old 08-15-2006, 09:42 AM
Sage Expert

Small bug...?

Dirk-

Thnaks for the additions...!

I did have one small bug to report, however. In the Movies section, after applying the unwatched filter, I still see movies that have been watched...

Here is a screen cap...

-Jason
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_001.jpg (83.0 KB, 225 views)
Old 08-15-2006, 10:08 AM
Sage Icon

one quick request--in the music section when sorting by artist--can you add the alphabet list when you press right (like you did when sorting by album)?..and Movies now too! Its possible this is already in there because so much has been added recently its hard to keep up....
thanks,
juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 08-15-2006, 10:58 AM
Sage User

I am having a little problem with the upcoming recording reminder.
When watching a show on a different channel 5 minutes before a recording should start, instead of popping up the menu with the choice of staying on the current channel or changing it, it shows up as a tiny dot in the middle of the screen. If I press up or down on the remote I can see the options but sometimes that dot is not as easy to see depending on what I am watching. Is there any way to make that menu show full instead of the dot? Thanks!
Old 08-15-2006, 11:35 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
one quick request--in the music section when sorting by artist--can you add the alphabet list when you press right (like you did when sorting by album)?..and Movies now too! Its possible this is already in there because so much has been added recently its hard to keep up....
thanks,
juc
If you "View by Album" / "Sort by Artist" you can use the alphabet list to search on artist name...
Old 08-15-2006, 11:37 AM
Sage Expert

By the way, flachbar, the re-threading the music section worked great! I've always had the problem of the very slow pop-up when trying to play music, but it works great now!
Old 08-15-2006, 01:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
By the way, flachbar, the re-threading the music section worked great! I've always had the problem of the very slow pop-up when trying to play music, but it works great now!
Yep, noticed this too. Thanks!!!
Old 08-15-2006, 01:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Good to hear !

Dirk
Old 08-15-2006, 02:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Anybody else having trouble changing aspect ratios?

I've found that switching to 16x9 only seems to work reliably when Full has been selected first. Even then sometime I have to actually use back or the option button before the ratio changes.

This is with 6.8. Doesnt seem to happen with the standard stv.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
If you "View by Album" / "Sort by Artist" you can use the alphabet list to search on artist name...
Yes, but it is still cumbersome to navigate through alot of artists if you have multiple albums for each. A View by Artist alphabet list would be great to ease the search.
thanks,
juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Old 08-15-2006, 04:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagee23
I am having a little problem with the upcoming recording reminder.
When watching a show on a different channel 5 minutes before a recording should start, instead of popping up the menu with the choice of staying on the current channel or changing it, it shows up as a tiny dot in the middle of the screen. If I press up or down on the remote I can see the options but sometimes that dot is not as easy to see depending on what I am watching. Is there any way to make that menu show full instead of the dot? Thanks!
Hi jagee23,

did you download version 6.9b ? It includes a fix for the OSD menu problems some were experiencing, maybe your issue is related ...

Dirk
Old 08-15-2006, 04:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Dirk-

Thnaks for the additions...!

I did have one small bug to report, however. In the Movies section, after applying the unwatched filter, I still see movies that have been watched...

Here is a screen cap...

-Jason
Hi Jason,

I found what's causing this (it only happens on movies with multiple airings). You can re-download the STV if you want to get rid of the problem.

Dirk
Old 08-15-2006, 05:08 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Yes, but it is still cumbersome to navigate through alot of artists if you have multiple albums for each. A View by Artist alphabet list would be great to ease the search.
thanks,
juc
Maybe I'm not understanding the issue. Aren't you asking for the ability to pull up the alphabet on the right side and use it to search by artist name? If you are, you can do exactly that. If it's something else, I'm not understanding...
Old 08-15-2006, 06:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Maybe I'm not understanding the issue. Aren't you asking for the ability to pull up the alphabet on the right side and use it to search by artist name? If you are, you can do exactly that. If it's something else, I'm not understanding...

I'm probably just not making sense. If you go to the My Music section and view by Artist there is no alphabet on the right side. This is what I would like to see.

I think what you are saying is to view by album, then sort by artist...in which case you can bring up the alphabet on the right side.

Juc

Old 08-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
I'm probably just not making sense. If you go to the My Music section and view by Artist there is no alphabet on the right side. This is what I would like to see.

I think what you are saying is to view by album, then sort by artist...in which case you can bring up the alphabet on the right side.

Juc
Gotcha. Um, yeah, that's not in there...
Old 08-15-2006, 07:31 PM
Sage Expert

Think I found a bug flachbar...

Since downloading 6.9b (not sure about earlier 6.9 builds) I can't seem to use the "Guide" button to pull up the EPG while watching a show (live or recorded). The "Guide" button still jumps to the EPG from every menu I've tried like it should, it just isn't doing anything anymore when I'm watching tv.

I do have the Favorite Channels List plugin installed - don't know if that should make a difference - I've been using it with 6.8 without any problems...

Thanks!
Old 08-15-2006, 07:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Think I found a bug flachbar...

Since downloading 6.9b (not sure about earlier 6.9 builds) I can't seem to use the "Guide" button to pull up the EPG while watching a show (live or recorded). The "Guide" button still jumps to the EPG from every menu I've tried like it should, it just isn't doing anything anymore when I'm watching tv.

I do have the Favorite Channels List plugin installed - don't know if that should make a difference - I've been using it with 6.8 without any problems...

Thanks!
Yes, it is possible that the FCL plugin is causing this (I'm not using it, and the Guide button works fine here). Some of the Themes in 6.9 have been renamed, and I think FCL is using at least one of them. I already emailed Bob about this issue, but he probably just didn't have time to look at it yet ...

Dirk
Old 08-15-2006, 10:54 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC

Juc
I would also love an option like that if there was an alphabet on one of the sides and i could just press X and it automaticlly jumps to x

great work flachbar, couldnt use SageTV without your work!

Zeltak
Old 08-15-2006, 11:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Yes, it is possible that the FCL plugin is causing this (I'm not using it, and the Guide button works fine here). Some of the Themes in 6.9 have been renamed, and I think FCL is using at least one of them. I already emailed Bob about this issue, but he probably just didn't have time to look at it yet ...

Dirk
Yes, I can confirm this error too with the FCL. I also notice that the button to customize the favorites channels under the detailed setup, customize screen is offset incorrectly in the pane on the right side of the screen.
Closed Thread