SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 02:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Good find. I never would have caught that because the programs I use create the VIDEO_TS directory by default. Nice one.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Sage User

Recovering my group and genre data

I've just re-installed the full version of 6.3.7a to get the autocompression working correctly on EP's plugin and to get the Netflix plugin working properly.
After doing the re-install, all of my previous settings for menus etc were still available but I was missing all of the custom groups and genre allocations that I had set up.
I have a full backup of my SageTV directory prior to the re-install, is there any way to use the files in this to get back the group and genre assignments for my imported video files?
Any help would be much appreciated since it took a long time to save and group all of those files.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
So...I am recovering from a system crash and currently all my ripped movies reside on an external USB hard-drive. I have that folder on that drive setup in Sage as an import lbrary. I also setup this path as my "offline" path in SageMC options. Problem is when that drive is off and I enter the videos screen, it takes forever to respond when entering and scrolling around. I assume this is because it is always trying to find the covers to display. Is this a correct assumption? Is there a setting that will make that not happen? I anticipate my setup will be like this for some time, and that drive will not always be connected.

Is anyone using the imported video library to display archived/ripped TV series? My luck with this has not been good so far. It has been very cumbersome to try to get thing organized within SageMC. One thing that makes it very tricky is that my TV shows and Movies are displayed in one giant collection. I have tried using groups, but it just isn't getting me where I'd like to be. Any suggestions?
Old 03-30-2008, 09:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
So...I am recovering from a system crash and currently all my ripped movies reside on an external USB hard-drive. I have that folder on that drive setup in Sage as an import lbrary. I also setup this path as my "offline" path in SageMC options. Problem is when that drive is off and I enter the videos screen, it takes forever to respond when entering and scrolling around. I assume this is because it is always trying to find the covers to display. Is this a correct assumption?
Yes your correct that whenever SageTV can't find those covers it slows down video browsing a bunch.
Quote:
Is there a setting that will make that not happen? I anticipate my setup will be like this for some time, and that drive will not always be connected.
I personally don't know of a workaround, but hopefully others will chime in with some suggestions.

Quote:
Is anyone using the imported video library to display archived/ripped TV series? My luck with this has not been good so far. It has been very cumbersome to try to get thing organized within SageMC. One thing that makes it very tricky is that my TV shows and Movies are displayed in one giant collection. I have tried using groups, but it just isn't getting me where I'd like to be. Any suggestions?
The ability to group TV series and multi-episode DVDs in SageMC is an open feature request that I'd really like to see also.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by raoul View Post
I bought a PPV event... of course in the guide it is a 4 hour event called PPV. I manually started the recording when the show began. At the end of the show, I tried to hit stop and just have it keep the 1.5 hours I wanted. I could get out of it, but it kept recording anyway. I eventually hit cancel recording, but then it deleted it.
I believe you need to press the 'record' button again to stop a manual recording without deleting the recorded portion.

-Dan
Old 03-31-2008, 02:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_X View Post
On a different note - 6000+ posts under this topic?
Shouldn't SageMC get it's own subforum? Yikes!
Okay, you're only around here for a few days and already making an impact

SageMC Forums
Old 03-31-2008, 06:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Okay, you're only around here for a few days and already making an impact

SageMC Forums
He may have been the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back." Not that I'm calling Opus4 a camel.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

I just finished doing a complete installation of the newest SageTV 6 and SageMC. Replaced all important files with backups (ie, Sage.properties, etc).

Everything works great. The only issues I have is the backup file that I have for the custom menu has an error at col 3 line 3. It was working fine in my previous installation of the SageTV 6 with SageMC.

I know very little about xml so can some one please tell me what is wrong. It is probably a very simple solution but it escapes me. Thanks in advance...

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE sageMenu PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGEMENU XML 1.4//EN" "http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm/nielm_modules/dynamic_menu/sagemenu_1_3.dtd">
<sageMenu version="1.4">

<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my tv.png" screen="Favorites Manager" title="Favorites Manager">
                    <evalExpression> </evalExpression>
                </internalScreenMenuItem>
                <!--                                   -->
		    <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Google Video" title="Google Video">
                    <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_msn messenger.png" screen="ImdbSearch" title="IMDB Search">
		    <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my news.png" screen="Rss News Feeds -- nielm" title="RSS Feeds">
		    <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_settings.png" screen="Handle Conflict" title="Schedule Conflicts">
                    <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my status.png" screen="Video Conversions" title="Video Conversions">

</sageMenu>
Old 04-01-2008, 07:53 AM
Sage Icon

Xsabre, Is that the complete file? I see quite a few inconsistencies compared to my working file. Change the extension to .txt and attach it to a post. Sometimes copy and pasting into a post does weird things to the text.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsabre View Post
The only issues I have is the backup file that I have for the custom menu has an error at col 3 line 3. It was working fine in my previous installation of the SageTV 6 with SageMC.

I know very little about xml so can some one please tell me what is wrong. It is probably a very simple solution but it escapes me. Thanks in advance...
Try changing this line...

Code:
<!DOCTYPE sageMenu PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGEMENU XML 1.4//EN" "http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm/nielm_modules/dynamic_menu/sagemenu_1_3.dtd">
to this...

Code:
<!DOCTYPE sageMenu PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGEMENU XML 1.4//EN" "http://sageplugins.sourceforge.net/nielm_modules/dynamic_menu/sagemenu_1_3.dtd">
-Dan
Old 04-01-2008, 08:47 AM
Sage Icon

My !DOCTYPE line looks just like his and works.
I'm guessing it is because it is missing the lines:
Code:
    <menu title="Main">
    </menu>
But I'd really like to see the full file to make sure.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hmm... I was seeing the same error just last night. I searched the forums for the error message and turned up a post suggesting to change the !DOCTYPE line to the one I posted. Once I did that, I got a different error message. The final solution was that I had to delete (rename) the "SageTV\SageTV\net" directory. Since he said this was a new install, I figured that was not his problem.

-Dan
Old 04-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Xsabre, Is that the complete file? I see quite a few inconsistencies compared to my working file. Change the extension to .txt and attach it to a post. Sometimes copy and pasting into a post does weird things to the text.

Here is a txt version of the file. Thanks again...
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagemc_menu.txt (1.9 KB, 309 views)
Old 04-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Sage Icon

Try this one:
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagemc_menu.txt (1.7 KB, 322 views)
Old 04-01-2008, 03:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Maui Mike - a bug that I've run into fairly frequently, and I just saw someone else had run into also, is that sometimes when moving widgets (icons usually) around on the dynamic menu you reach a point where you loose the ability to move the widget down. Have you seen this on your machines?

I can almost always work around this by using the digit pad (7,8, or 9) to move the object down to the bottom of the screen.

btl.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Maui Mike - a bug that I've run into fairly frequently, and I just saw someone else had run into also, is that sometimes when moving widgets (icons usually) around on the dynamic menu you reach a point where you loose the ability to move the widget down. Have you seen this on your machines?

I can almost always work around this by using the digit pad (7,8, or 9) to move the object down to the bottom of the screen.

btl.
I've noticed a couple of other wierd things as well. I'll look into it. Thanks.

BTW, I worked out how to define a separate background for dynamic submenus.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-02-2008, 02:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

When playing a DVD I want the FF/Rew and SkipF/SkipB buttons to skip the times I have defined (like 60 seconds), like in Live TV. I don't want them to skip chapters, or go into fast forward mode!

Is there a way to change this in SageMC (it works fine in the default STV)?

TIA,

Nick.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
In SageMC's music browser If I browse by song, my first four "songs" listed are always the FM hauppague tuners as follows:
hauppauge Wintv PVR USB2 Encoder FM Radio
hauppauge Wintv PVR PCI II Encoder FM Radio
hauppauge Wintv PVR USB2 Encoder FM Radio
hauppauge Wintv PVR PCI II Encoder FM Radio

This seems like a bug in SageMC unless I'm doing something wrong. I don't see this in the default STV. Here's a pic

Anyone else seen this? Is there a way to avoid having these listed in the music list?
Hi,

Yes, I see my four tuners listed there as well.

Regards,

Nick.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Try this one:
Let me start by saying thanks for your help.

I went ahead and used your file, but I still got the same error.

Code:
Error at line 3 col 3
Markup declaration contained or provided to by the document
type declaration must be well formed
I did try using an older file that I had and it didn't error out, but it
doesn't do anything. Nothing happens when clicking on it or with the remote.

I have attached it for your review.

Thanks again.
Attached Files
File Type: txt menu.txt (3.4 KB, 300 views)
Old 04-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsabre View Post
Let me start by saying thanks for your help.

I went ahead and used your file, but I still got the same error.
Just wondering - did you try changing the !DOCTYPE line to the one I suggested previously? I'm interested to see if that makes any difference.

Also, did you check to see if your SageTV\SageTV directory contains a sub-directory named 'net'?

-Dan
Closed Thread