SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 09:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Dirk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Must have misunderstood your questions (I thought you had an issue with cover art for Movies <-> TV series), and I didn't notice that you were talking about the "actor" pictures. I'll have a look at this.

Dirk

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-17-2008, 10:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
If you are using keyboard/remote, you can either use the "Left" button/key to go back (enable "Left as back" in the SageMC Main menu specific options), or you can bind any button/key to the "Back" command in Detailed Setup / Link commands.

If you are using a mouse, there is a "hidden" back-spot in the left upper corner of each menu that will bring you back, or you can use MeInMaui's Toolbar like Geogecko said.

Dirk
I have the same issue. The "back" or "left" button on the remote doesn't work on the My Menu screen. It works fine everywhere else. Actually, what it does is moves to the right and selects the weather object. Again, this only happens on the My Menu screen.

Using sage 6.3.10, sageMC 6.3.7a, latest java, latest firmware on the HD extender, SagePro MC theme.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Same thing here. After upgrading to 6.3.7a "Left as Back" no longer works on the my menu screen. I have to hit the Home button to get back to the main menu.

This has been working in the past, and I haven't changed anything. Just upgraded from 6.3.7 to 6.3.7a via the upgrade path (as opposed to the full install).

btl.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtyme View Post
I have the same issue. The "back" or "left" button on the remote doesn't work on the My Menu screen. It works fine everywhere else
I had the same issue after first installing 6.3.7.a. I had to go into the SageMC settings, Main, Screen Specific Options, Main menu, and enable "Left as Back". That worked on my local client as well as both HD extenders.

If that's not working for you, I don't have any other ideas...
Clients: 2x HD300, 1x HD200 Extenders, 1x Placeshifter
2x Roku XD
Old 03-18-2008, 05:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipshod View Post
I had the same issue after first installing 6.3.7.a. I had to go into the SageMC settings, Main, Screen Specific Options, Main menu, and enable "Left as Back". That worked on my local client as well as both HD extenders.

If that's not working for you, I don't have any other ideas...
Yep, that's exactly the solution. We should have set this new setting "enabled" by default...

Dirk
Old 03-18-2008, 08:45 AM
SageTVaholic

AHA. So there's a NEW Left as Back. It all makes sense now.

So what's the difference between the Screen Specific->Main Menu version and the one over in the Global UI Options?

btl.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:07 PM
SageTVaholic

I think that was added for the customizations and making it easier to get over to the right side of the screen. It it is enabled you can't get over there until you go down in the Main Menu and are even or below the item on the right side of the screen.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
AHA. So there's a NEW Left as Back. It all makes sense now.

So what's the difference between the Screen Specific->Main Menu version and the one over in the Global UI Options?

btl.
This was to address an issue that kricker found in the last build. Now that the menu layout can be freely customized, there are certain cases where moving left from a menu object would cause the 'back' command to be executed in dynamic submenus even if the menu object is not the left-most item. This setting was added to allow disabling of the left-as-back functionality for dynamic submenus if the problem is present. I will have to think about a better solution, I have a couple of ideas but they are all much more complicated. Sorry for the trouble.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 03-18-2008, 07:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Guide

Once in the TV guide screen, i can't get out. left arrow or the hidden area in the upper left corner doesn't work. i'm using a mouse and keyboard. i've got to kill the client.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Hit the Home key man - at least you don't have to kill the app that way. Takes you back to the main screen!

btl.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Mike,

Had a question about the Fixed Icon - Freeform menu layout. Is there a chance that the icons that are not the Focused icon be at a lower Z level than the Focused? Maybe even have it set up so that the Z level is lower for each icon as it moves away from the Focused?

The reason I asked is I made a minor modification to the Dynamic Menu code to enable a "Video Menu", similar to other media centers. Here is what I have working so far:

As you can see, I can't have the icons on the right side of the Focused icon too close or they cover it up too much. I had to make drop the Opacity of the icons as they overlay each other.

I created the menu by hand for the 30+ videos that I picked out for my kids, but I am working on a mod that would load up the submenu from the video library on the fly.

Maybe... something like this could be incorporated into a new custom Video Library view? I was looking at this but I hated the idea of duplicating all of the code that went into the new Dynamic Menu. I was happy just getting it working (as a SubMenu) to the degree that I have it with just a couple of changes so far.

That leads into another idea - Any chance that we could have additional menu types other than just MainMenu and DynamicSubMenu? I modified the menu code to change the MenuType to be a special menu type (VideoMenu) if it was a certain hard coded menu name. I didn't want the format above applied to all sub menus.

So... To recap my ideas/requests/begging:
  • Control Z-order of icons
  • New custom Video Library View using the FixedIcon-Freeform look
  • Additional MenuTypes
Old 03-18-2008, 11:29 PM
SageTVaholic

That's pretty sharp! One thing you can do, which would kind of solve the problem, is order the items so that the top Z order one has the focus.

In other words, 9 movies visible, layout the icons :

1, 2, 3, 4, 9 , 8, 7, 6 ,5

So instead of making 5 the focus icon, shift it over to the far right and build up from there to 9 in the middle.

btl.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
That's pretty sharp! One thing you can do, which would kind of solve the problem, is order the items so that the top Z order one has the focus.

In other words, 9 movies visible, layout the icons :

1, 2, 3, 4, 9 , 8, 7, 6 ,5

So instead of making 5 the focus icon, shift it over to the far right and build up from there to 9 in the middle.

btl.
I had thought of the same thing. After I realized that I had an issue with the Z order I tried the layout you posted above, but it confused my kids (wife wasn't happy either) since the videos didn't flow in the order they expected.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:35 AM
SageTVaholic

I can totally imagine SageMC in the near future having imported videos this way with automatic reflections for the icons... like Media Portal.

Very cool stuff!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTuckman View Post
Mike,

Had a question about the Fixed Icon - Freeform menu layout. Is there a chance that the icons that are not the Focused icon be at a lower Z level than the Focused? Maybe even have it set up so that the Z level is lower for each icon as it moves away from the Focused?

The reason I asked is I made a minor modification to the Dynamic Menu code to enable a "Video Menu", similar to other media centers. Here is what I have working so far:

As you can see, I can't have the icons on the right side of the Focused icon too close or they cover it up too much. I had to make drop the Opacity of the icons as they overlay each other.

I created the menu by hand for the 30+ videos that I picked out for my kids, but I am working on a mod that would load up the submenu from the video library on the fly.

Maybe... something like this could be incorporated into a new custom Video Library view? I was looking at this but I hated the idea of duplicating all of the code that went into the new Dynamic Menu. I was happy just getting it working (as a SubMenu) to the degree that I have it with just a couple of changes so far.

That leads into another idea - Any chance that we could have additional menu types other than just MainMenu and DynamicSubMenu? I modified the menu code to change the MenuType to be a special menu type (VideoMenu) if it was a certain hard coded menu name. I didn't want the format above applied to all sub menus.

So... To recap my ideas/requests/begging:
  • Control Z-order of icons
  • New custom Video Library View using the FixedIcon-Freeform look
  • Additional MenuTypes

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-19-2008, 11:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I can totally imagine SageMC in the near future having imported videos this way with automatic reflections for the icons... like Media Portal.

Very cool stuff!!!
Have you been snooping around on my development computer?
Old 03-19-2008, 12:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Have you been snooping around on my development computer?
No, but we'd like to
Old 03-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Sage User

Problem with saving coverart

Hi !

I have a problem whne trying to save the imdb lookups coverart on a sagetv client. The picture just wont "stick". I have the latest version of sagetv running in servicemode on a WHS.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandypuff View Post
I'll give it a try. i did notice that hidden back button in the upper left corner (I thought something was wrong with my display :-) but it doesn't work for the My Menu screen and neither does the left arrow - although the left arrow works for every other screen but not all screens have the hidden button working, it seems.
To Dirk

The Left or Back doesn't work in the Weather Report Suite either.

Thanks for the great work
Scat
Old 03-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Sage User

How do I edit filtering for default "My Videos" menu?

I have my new filtered videos menu item setup but I can't see how I edit the existing My Video menu to filter out the ones that I don't want it to show. When I tried to paste in a menu defnition XML for it I just ended up with two.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyrA View Post
I have a problem whne trying to save the imdb lookups coverart on a sagetv client. The picture just wont "stick". I have the latest version of sagetv running in servicemode on a WHS.
There was a change made in the core and you now have to do a manual 'Refresh Imported Media' to pickup the coverart changes.

John
Closed Thread