SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

My individual comskip settings for the recordings are fine. So that's not the problem.
And, I thought there was a global comskip setting, but I could not find it so I stopped looking for it.
So, where is that setting?

Thanks,

Mitch
Old 03-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
..I have enabled the auto skip in SageMC/enhancements/comskip options...
here
Old 03-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Sage Icon

LOL, not that it matters now, but I'm also using XP SP2.

New JAR file makes everything work now. Cloning, and import/export menu layouts.

Thanks Dirk!
Old 03-06-2008, 09:16 PM
SageTVaholic

IMDB Actor picture broken

Can someone please verify that with the latest sageTV and SageMC... IMDB Actor picture is not showing anymore?

Movie posters show fine, just not the actor picture. Is there another jar file I need to update somewhere?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-07-2008, 07:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm having an odd problem where some retrieved video files are having a problem playing back. SageMC thinks that the beginning of each file is actually the end so immediately it presents a screen to restart, delete or stop. If I hit the rewind button the timeline starts going negative, -1:00. Also the timeline starts in the middle and where the video actually is the line is blue.

How do I correct for this. I want SageMC to know where the true start of a show is right from the get go. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Sage User

miniguide missing channels

I've seen somebody else post about this problem, but I haven't found any resolution. When using the default STV, the mini guide displays all channels as they are listed in the 'guide'. When I switch to SageMC, it only shows a few channels. I have 3 tuners including 2 OTA digital using HDHR and 1 analog using Hauppauge 250. This issue has been a problem for a long time for me (maybe a year) and I just upgraded to the latest SageMC (6.3.7a) and SageTV (6.3.10) without an improvement. It's possible the issue could have appeared on my system at the time I added the HDHR tuner, but I can't say for sure. Anyway, the miniguide will cycle through less than 10 channels (out of about 80), some digital, some analog. Anybody have thoughts on this?
Old 03-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyw33 View Post
I've seen somebody else post about this problem, but I haven't found any resolution. When using the default STV, the mini guide displays all channels as they are listed in the 'guide'. When I switch to SageMC, it only shows a few channels.
I had a similar issue that was a result of my up down commands also being pageup pagedown. So it looked as if the guide only had a few channels in it, but in reality I was unknowingly skipping thru most of them with the page up page down commands.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Online services graphics reverted to default STV?

I just upgraded to Sage 6.3.10.

I reloaded my last SageMC-x.xml file and all is perfect except...

Is it just my setup, or are the sub-menus in online services using bits and pieces from the default STV?

It's suddenly giving me a blue background behind the category icons, the video icons, and up in the description area. I'm also seeing the scrollbar from the defalt STV.

In the rest of my theme the backgrounds and scroll bars are fine (from my theme).
Old 03-08-2008, 09:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBacker View Post
I just upgraded to Sage 6.3.10.

I reloaded my last SageMC-x.xml file and all is perfect except...

Is it just my setup, or are the sub-menus in online services using bits and pieces from the default STV?

It's suddenly giving me a blue background behind the category icons, the video icons, and up in the description area. I'm also seeing the scrollbar from the defalt STV.

In the rest of my theme the backgrounds and scroll bars are fine (from my theme).
This is still work in progress...

Dirk
Old 03-08-2008, 09:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
I'm having an odd problem where some retrieved video files are having a problem playing back. SageMC thinks that the beginning of each file is actually the end so immediately it presents a screen to restart, delete or stop. If I hit the rewind button the timeline starts going negative, -1:00. Also the timeline starts in the middle and where the video actually is the line is blue.

How do I correct for this. I want SageMC to know where the true start of a show is right from the get go. Thanks in advance.
Check if the same thing happens with the default STV

Dirk
Old 03-08-2008, 09:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Can someone please verify that with the latest sageTV and SageMC... IMDB Actor picture is not showing anymore?

Movie posters show fine, just not the actor picture. Is there another jar file I need to update somewhere?
Go to the SageMC options 'IMDB Autol Lookup", cycle once through all values, and then leave it at "All"

Dirk
Old 03-08-2008, 09:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by debennett2 View Post
Is there any way to have only the "MyTV" part of the menus? I have no need for the main menu as is....just the tv screen. I see I can remove menu items by right-clicking and going through those options and even move them up and down but I don't see a way to just get rid of the entire main menu and launch in the mytv menu.

Any input on this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!
Nope, sorry this is currently not possible. I might consider to add this in a future version...

Dirk
Old 03-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
This is still work in progress...
Well, thank you guys for what you do! It's come a long way considering it's a side / hobby project!

Let me ask about the last few minor things I'm bumping into...

1. In many sections, the highlighted "focus" button is rendering behind the "nofocus" buttons as I navigate. This is not consistent - only on certian menus.

2. Is it in the plan to be able to toggle the default menu text titles (i.e. My TV, My Music, etc). I think many would prefer to only use the graphic title.

3. Really minor - I'd like to use a custom graphic for the tvicon_anim "spinning pinwheen of death", and created one, but it is ignored. Is this hard coded into Sage, or could it be added as an MC feature?

4. When customizing the position of the various parts of the menus, many times the granularity is too coarse, i.e. the position changes per button press are to large. Can this be adjusted?

5. Related to 4, the dialog that pops up when moving menu objects is too tiny to see on my 34" monitor - I suspect the text is telling me something meaningful, but can't read it!

Thanks again!
Old 03-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBacker View Post
4. When customizing the position of the various parts of the menus, many times the granularity is too coarse, i.e. the position changes per button press are to large. Can this be adjusted?

5. Related to 4, the dialog that pops up when moving menu objects is too tiny to see on my 34" monitor - I suspect the text is telling me something meaningful, but can't read it!

Thanks again!
Since the dialog is too small for you to read, it says press 'guide' to toggle the step size. It toggles from 2.0 to .01. It also says; press 'stop' to restore default, page up/down to scale, numpad 1-9 to jump to that location on the screen, 0 to reset scale to 1.0
Old 03-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Sage Icon

Dirk,
I just installed your 'Import Utility Library v2.1', in order to try to make an stvi for SageMC (which I am totally confused on, but that's another story). After I installed it and ran Sage I got the error 'you have an old version (null) of sagemc.jar installed. Please update to the latest version'.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
Dirk,
I just installed your 'Import Utility Library v2.1', in order to try to make an stvi for SageMC (which I am totally confused on, but that's another story). After I installed it and ran Sage I got the error 'you have an old version (null) of sagemc.jar installed. Please update to the latest version'.
Indeed, I hadn't updated the library in that download. Thanks for the heads-up !

Dirk
Old 03-09-2008, 09:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey Dirk - there's a shape that's used quite abit in the OSD - I think it's called "Background" in Studio - hard coded to 0xCCCCCC. Any chance you could move that value to the theme? I like the look of black (0x000000) transparent overlays, but everything in SageMC looks more like gray because of this transparent gray background.

Posted this over in the AMG thread but then figured you'd be more likely to see it in this thread.

btl.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

Old version of sagemc.jar ???

Hi,

I installed the latest SageTV (v6_3_10) and upgraded SageMC to its latest version (v6.3.7a).

When I now start SageMC, I get "You have an old version (null) of sagemc.jar installed. Please update to the latest version!.".

I did install the updated sagemc.jar from a few posts earlier, but still same error.

And I do have VISTA with UAC enabled (took a while to understand it, but not giving me real problems for the moment). I can find no other sagemc.jar to replace. I do run Sage as a service, but even when not as a service (tried it) I get the same error.

Any idea's? I have not tried all functions, but playback and so one seem all to work.

Jan
Old 03-10-2008, 11:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParedis View Post
Hi,

I installed the latest SageTV (v6_3_10) and upgraded SageMC to its latest version (v6.3.7a).

When I now start SageMC, I get "You have an old version (null) of sagemc.jar installed. Please update to the latest version!.".

I did install the updated sagemc.jar from a few posts earlier, but still same error.

And I do have VISTA with UAC enabled (took a while to understand it, but not giving me real problems for the moment). I can find no other sagemc.jar to replace. I do run Sage as a service, but even when not as a service (tried it) I get the same error.

Any idea's? I have not tried all functions, but playback and so one seem all to work.

Jan
Hi Jan,

see the post I made in this thread...

Dirk
Closed Thread