SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 03:20 PM
SageTVaholic

PS: IMDB Actor pictures are not showing up anymore; only movie's front cover picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Today is the first chance I had to try the 6.3.7a update. I have only tried a couple of things which was most important to me; and, both didnt work as I expected.

1) Mouse support: Isn't the highlight bar suppose to follow where the mouse goes on the menu items... just like the rest of the selectable objects on the screen? I move my mouse onto a menu item; and nothing happens. However, if I do click it, it does take me to to the menu. I have tried reinstalling the 6.3.7a update a couple of times and still get the same result.

2) Main Menu clone / Submenu clone features still dont work at all. If I am in a submenu that I've made, and select "Clone Main menu", nothing happens. This has never worked for me. It would be so nice if I could use this feature. Edit: It looks like kricker from this forum has the same issue as me. I have mentioned about this specific problem as far back as after the jar update that was supposed to fix this.

Here are some minor things I've noticed:

a) Some menu icon text isn't centered anymore. See attached pictures. This issue is much more pronounced when sageTV is switched to window mode instead of full screen mode. The text is pushed to the left. Edit: I just added a picture of what it looks like when sageTV is in window mode.

b) Full sageMC 6.3.7a installer has the same issue as the initial release of the update version... I get a version mismatch error message. I had to use the update instead of the full version for that message not to show.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks,
Michael
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot-0089.jpg (19.8 KB, 320 views)

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 03-02-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Could someone please be kind enough to help me backup all the customizations I made to my Main Menu? I need to revert to an older installation of sageTV; and dont want to lose all the time I spent customizing the main menu. Where specifically do I need to copy the settings from? Unfortunately, the export/import/clone features have never worked for me.
I'm interested in knowing how to save all the configuration changes I've made as well.

Mitch
Old 03-02-2008, 07:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
Is the Multispeed FF/REW now included as part of SageMC?

I imported the STVi thinking that it needed to be done that way, but then it was all messed up. I went back to the original STV, and noticed that it was already there.

However, I was looking at the import zip file, and noticed there is a gkusnick.sagetv.jar in there, that isn't in the SageMC full version. Is the jar file needed for this feature?

Nope, the jar file is only needed for the import. Since it's built-in in SageMC, this jar is not required.

Dirk
Old 03-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Nope, the jar file is only needed for the import. Since it's built-in in SageMC, this jar is not required.

Dirk
Thanks, just one more plug-in I can delete!
Old 03-02-2008, 08:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
I upgraded to the Sage 6.3.10 release candidate and I upgraded SageMC.
(I had been running SageMC 6.3.5 maybe? and so just used the SageMC upgrade package.)

When I go to the main menu (or navigate to other menus), I get a pop up error message that says:

You have an old version (6.3.7a) of sagemc.jar installed. Please update to the latest version ![sic]

As far as I can tell, 6.3.7a *is* the latest version. Any ideas what's going on?

Mitch

When did you download the upgrade package ? There was an issue with the STV for the first couple of days after release, but I uploaded a corrected version since then...

Dirk
Old 03-02-2008, 08:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Mitch, I'm not really the best person to answer this, but I can at least try to answer your question. I think what you're asking about is different than what I'm asking.

It sounds like we might be talking about two different things; both of which have very straight forward options to backup/restore settings; except the method Im trying to use is broken.

For your case... To backup/restore SageMC settings in general...

1) Go to the Settings menu.
2) Select SageMC Options.
3) Under Main, you will see the options for "Backup SageMC Options" and "Restore SageMC Options".

In my case, Im trying to specifically save all the size, position, and respective settings of the Main Menu and restore it on a new SageTV installation; or "clone" it in another menu.

-Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
I'm interested in knowing how to save all the configuration changes I've made as well.

Mitch

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-02-2008, 08:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Could someone please be kind enough to help me backup all the customizations I made to my Main Menu? I need to revert to an older installation of sageTV; and dont want to lose all the time I spent customizing the main menu. Where specifically do I need to copy the settings from? Unfortunately, the export/import/clone features have never worked for me.
Basically, copy all properties from you Sage property file (SageClient.properties if you use a client) that begin with sagemc/DynamicSubMenu and sagemc/MainMenu. If you post a debug log I can have a look what's going wrong on your machine, the feature should work.

Dirk
Old 03-02-2008, 08:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
Thanks Andy, once I added the changes to the client properties file, I managed to produce a proper client log.

Dirk,

I now see UI logs and errors. Do you see something that highlights a problem that can be fixed? Failing to view an RSS with Webtext is the last action I took before zipping up and uploading the log file.
Please check in your Sage property file if the path (sagemc/webtext/lynx_path or sagemc/webtext/w3m_path) is correct. It should point to the executable in your cygwin\bin directory.

Dirk
Old 03-02-2008, 08:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
This is the exact problem I am having. The only difference is that I use EP's Video Tools for the actual compression.
EP provided me with a fix, can you try this and let me know if it fixes the problem ?

Dirk
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageMC_6_3_7a-autocompress-fix.zip (500.2 KB, 312 views)
Old 03-02-2008, 08:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Not sure if this is an issue in the STV or not, but I will start here. On an HD Extender, I was trying to add a new sub-menu item, and in the part where you give the new menu item a name, I got the text entry popup. I pressed the Guide button to go from CAPS to non-CAPS, and on the screen the letters below each number key would change correctly. However any letters that actually got typed were always lower case. So for example, as I was adding the Movie Times menu item, with the keys locked into CAPS mode, my text entry gave me "movie times" with no CAPS.

Any ideas?

*EDIT* forgot to mention, running MC 6.3.7a (latest full install) on a clean install of Sage 6.3.9 beta for Windows.
Yep, that's a bug. I'll fix it in the next version.

Dirk
Old 03-02-2008, 08:34 PM
SageTVaholic

I really appreciate you helping me out with this Dirk... I've wait a while to get this fixed. Please find the attached debug file. While debug was active I did the following:

1) Start SageTV
2) Go to the dynamic submenu i want to clone the Main Menu.
3) Select Clone Main Menu
4) I get a warning that what I have currently will be overwritten.
5) I select Yes to overwrite and clone.

and.... nothing happens.

Also, while I have your attention... could you please tell me if theres something wrong with my setup *using the new feature* that when I click on a menu Icon with my mouse (fixed focus/free form), the icon doesnt get highlightlighted? Nothing happens. However, if I click on the icon, it will still take me to the submenu. I have reloaded sageTV several times and still get the same result. Nobody else seems to have this problem... or even notice it.

Thanks so much!
-Michael

Quote:
Basically, copy all properties from you Sage property file (SageClient.properties if you use a client) that begin with sagemc/DynamicSubMenu and sagemc/MainMenu. If you post a debug log I can have a look what's going wrong on your machine, the feature should work.

Dirk
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (166.9 KB, 416 views)

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I really appreciate you helping me out with this Dirk... I've wait a while to get this fixed. Please find the attached debug file. While debug was active I did the following:

1) Start SageTV

and.... nothing happens.

Thanks so much!
-Michael
I am having the same thing happen. Using the latest of SageTV and SageMC, and still doesn't work for me.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

1) Mouse support: Isn't the highlight bar suppose to follow where the mouse goes on the menu items... just like the rest of the selectable objects on the screen? I move my mouse onto a menu item; and nothing happens. However, if I do click it, it does take me to to the menu. I have tried reinstalling the 6.3.7a update a couple of times and still get the same result.
Are you talking about the "Fixed Focus" style ? In this case this behavior is expected, and there's nothing we can do about it. To achieve a "fixed" focus style there can only be one button widget, so the other menu items are simple graphics - no way to get a highlight bar there...

Quote:
b) Full sageMC 6.3.7a installer has the same issue as the initial release of the update version... I get a version mismatch error message. I had to use the update instead of the full version for that message not to show.
Strange, I just re-downloaded the full package, it definitely contains the new code...

Dirk
Old 03-02-2008, 08:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Dirk and/or Mike,
Is "Custom Online Videos" support on the list of to-do's for SageMC now that they've added it to the core SageTV? I'd love to have this at some point.

Thanks!
Hi Brent,

yeah, at some point I'll try to get this up-to-date again

Dirk
Old 03-02-2008, 09:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
IWhile debug was active I did the following:

1) Start SageTV

and.... nothing happens.

What's the date and size of the nielm_sagemenureader.jar you are using ? Also, where does the xerces.jar file in your JARs directory come from - from another plugin ? Try to remove it, restart Sage, and see if it makes a difference...

Also, post your menu file, and I'll check it out tomorrow.

Dirk
Old 03-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Sage Icon

That looks like the autocompress problem is fixed. Thank you so much for working with EP and figuring out the problem.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
What's the date and size of the nielm_sagemenureader.jar you are using ? Also, where does the xerces.jar file in your JARs directory come from - from another plugin ? Try to remove it, restart Sage, and see if it makes a difference...

Dirk
If it helps:

nielm_sagemenureader.jar is 32,094 bytes. And I do not have the xerces.jar file.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:45 PM
SageTVaholic

What's the date and size of the nielm_sagemenureader.jar you are using ?

Size: 31.3 KB (32,094 bytes)
Size on disk: 31.3 KB (32,094 bytes)

Date Modified: ‎Tuesday, ‎October ‎24, ‎2006, ‏‎12:57:00 AM

I dont have a xerces.jar anywhere on my entire filesystem.

Please find my menu file attached...

Thanks!

Quote:

Dirk
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagemc_menu.zip (900 Bytes, 262 views)

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 03-02-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Exclamation

Ok. So, I did a full install of SageMC (over top of my long-working version), including on my Extender for the past few days since I received it. It's been working great, until...

The problem now is that all of SageMC on my extender is extremely pixelated, whited out, and sometimes navigation is completely missing. Doesn't matter which theme I try to use...how many times I restart the extender or my server...or how many times I re-install SageMC. Same results.

When I revert back to the default STV, no issues. Works and looks perfect.

Photos:

Sometimes, I get no navigation bar and simply white (very blurry and pixelated) text:

Sometimes, I get a little graphic navigation visibility...but still, very basic colors, all blurry and pixelated. It reminds me of 1980.

Going a little crazy here. I simply wanted to install the Netflix plugin (was actually doing the same thing as above, but ONLY for the Netflix screens). With help, I realized I might have a previous install of and older version hanging around. So, I started SageMC from scratch...and now I've got this problem throughout.

Please help,
AL
Media Server / NAS:
Case: Thermaltake Armor CPU: AMD Opteron 1218 (2.6GHz Dual Core) Motherboard: ASUS MN2-LR Memory: 2GB Gfx Card: Headless Tuner: Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge PVR-350 (not in use) O/S: Windows 7 Sage: Latest RAID: On-Board Drives: 6 x 1.5TB SATA RAID-5, 2 x 80GB IDE RAID-1 (O/S) Storage: 7.5TB Total
Old 03-02-2008, 10:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Al, when you are "reinstalling SageMC" you should be doing this one of two ways:
  • From the STV detailed setup menu Advanced>"SageTV Application Package (.STV or .XML) File"> then enter and browse to the SageMC16x9.xml file and hit enter. This is just like you would have when you first installed SageMC the first time
  • Alternatively, when you are installing an update over the current SageMC, within SageMC you can go to the settings menu of SageMC and select "Import STV" and select that SageMC16x9.xml file and hit enter.
One important thing to note is that you should be downloading the "upgrade" version of SageMC HERE - not the full install that you use for a first-time install.

I hope this helps. If not, let us know.
Closed Thread