SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 09:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

When I upgraded from 6.3.7 to 6.3.7a the autocompress for favorites quit working. I use the stock compression and checked the settings in setup they are both set to yes. It looks like the .autocompress files are not being generated anymore.

Please help,

Thanks

Mariusz

Client 1: HD300; Panasonic TC-P65S64;
Client 2: HD300; Samsung 46" LCD;
Client 3: HD300; 60" LCD;
Old 02-29-2008, 09:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromuman View Post
When I upgraded from 6.3.7 to 6.3.7a the autocompress for favorites quit working. I use the stock compression and checked the settings in setup they are both set to yes. It looks like the .autocompress files are not being generated anymore.

Please help,

Thanks

Mariusz
This is the exact problem I am having. The only difference is that I use EP's Video Tools for the actual compression.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Don't forget: when using service mode, the UI acts as a client -- see the start of Appendix A in the PDF manual regarding service & UI properties files.

- Andy
Thanks Andy, once I added the changes to the client properties file, I managed to produce a proper client log.

Dirk,

I now see UI logs and errors. Do you see something that highlights a problem that can be fixed? Failing to view an RSS with Webtext is the last action I took before zipping up and uploading the log file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetvclient_0.zip (16.2 KB, 250 views)
Old 02-29-2008, 10:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have the newest version of Sage and the newest SageMC.

I wanted to set up two filtered import video menus, one for movies, and a 2nd for tv series. I'm having some problems getting it to work, both menu items work but they both display all imports. Here is what I have added to my sagemc_menu.xml

Quote:
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="My Movies">
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExpr", "E:\\Movies")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", false)</evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="My Series">
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExpr", "D:\\TV Series")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", false)</evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>
<!-- -->
These are my import directories from the sage.properties file.
seeker/archive_directory=D\:\\Music,2;D\:\\TV Series,1;E\:\\Movies,1;

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Is it not supposed to go in the sagemc_menu.xml file?
Old 03-01-2008, 02:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Could someone please be kind enough to help me backup all the customizations I made to my Main Menu? I need to revert to an older installation of sageTV; and dont want to lose all the time I spent customizing the main menu. Where specifically do I need to copy the settings from? Unfortunately, the export/import/clone features have never worked for me.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oats View Post
I have the newest version of Sage and the newest SageMC.

I wanted to set up two filtered import video menus, one for movies, and a 2nd for tv series. I'm having some problems getting it to work, both menu items work but they both display all imports. Here is what I have added to my sagemc_menu.xml

These are my import directories from the sage.properties file.
seeker/archive_directory=D\:\\Music,2;D\:\\TV Series,1;E\:\\Movies,1;

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Is it not supposed to go in the sagemc_menu.xml file?

Take a look here,

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...797#post238797

I managed to get mine setup exactly how you described but I can't take credit for it, that goes to Dirk.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

I upgraded to the Sage 6.3.10 release candidate and I upgraded SageMC.
(I had been running SageMC 6.3.5 maybe? and so just used the SageMC upgrade package.)

When I go to the main menu (or navigate to other menus), I get a pop up error message that says:

You have an old version (6.3.7a) of sagemc.jar installed. Please update to the latest version ![sic]

As far as I can tell, 6.3.7a *is* the latest version. Any ideas what's going on?

Mitch
Old 03-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sleep/Exit sage icon

Is there a way to change that Icon in SageMC to run an external program rather than the exit options menu? Or better yet add a menu item to the exit menu that runs an external command?
Old 03-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Take a look here,

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...797#post238797

I managed to get mine setup exactly how you described but I can't take credit for it, that goes to Dirk.
Thanks, I'll look it over and try again tonight.

EDIT:
I got it working, I copied the code from an old post in this thread but I guess it doesn't work anymore. I used the code you linked to and its all working great. Thanks again.

Last edited by Oats; 03-01-2008 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Sage Icon

Is the Multispeed FF/REW now included as part of SageMC?

I imported the STVi thinking that it needed to be done that way, but then it was all messed up. I went back to the original STV, and noticed that it was already there.

However, I was looking at the import zip file, and noticed there is a gkusnick.sagetv.jar in there, that isn't in the SageMC full version. Is the jar file needed for this feature?
Old 03-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Quick question (I think). I'm writing another blog post - this time about commercial detection and how to set it up in SageTV as well as SageMC. My question is this, when setting up commercial detection for SageMC do you need the following:
  • Commercial Detection Program: ComSkip or ShowAnalyzer
  • File Monitor: DirMon or ComSkip Monitor
Am I correct that you need these two things with SageMC, but don't need the ComSkip Playback STVI like you do with the standard STV?

Another question is this, do people use DirMon with ComSkip or only ComSkip Monitor with ComSkip?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
@Brent

You are correct. Comskip playback support is built in to SageMC (both .txt and .edl). FYI, edl is the preferred format. It is much more accurate.
i'm a little bit confused about the comskip settings in sagemc.

under "my menu/settings/sagemc/enhancements/comskip options", there is an option for "background commercial processing" which can be enabled. the description for the option says, "Enable commercial processing within SageMC. Disable this setting if you use an external scheduler like e.g. DirMon2".

however, I have enabled that option and commercials still don't get skipped (and i don't see any .edl files in the sage directories).

is "background commercial processing" not what i think it is, and in fact you do need to use something like comskip monitor or dirmon to process the mpg files?
Old 03-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Based on my experience you need to set up something like comskip monitor - which works quite well - to mark the commercials.
Search post titles for "comskip monitor" and you'll find it.

Then SageMC will skip over the marked commercials.
I don't know what that "background commercial processing" is.

Mitch
Old 03-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbobbo View Post

under "my menu/settings/sagemc/enhancements/comskip options", there is an option for "background commercial processing" which can be enabled. the description for the option says, "Enable commercial processing within SageMC. Disable this setting if you use an external scheduler like e.g. DirMon2".

however, I have enabled that option and commercials still don't get skipped (and i don't see any .edl files in the sage directories).

is "background commercial processing" not what i think it is, and in fact you do need to use something like comskip monitor or dirmon to process the mpg files?
It appears to be a comskip proxy (similar, if not the same thing that was included with SageMC a long time ago). This allowed SageMC to initiate the comskip program. I however, am not familiar with how it is setup. E.g, does comskip need to be installed in a certain path for SageMC to know where it is?

So, if it works like it sounds like it works, you still need comskip for it to work. No idea if it is compatible with ShowAnalyzer or not...

Not sure that helped much...
Old 03-01-2008, 09:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Take a look at this post and see if it helps you get commercial skip set up. It's meant to be a primer for setting up commercial skip within SageTV and/or SageMC.

Basically, you need the following if you already have SageMC installed:
1. Commercial Detection Program: Comskip or Showanalyzer
2. File monitor program: Comskip monitor or Dirmon2

The comskip playback support is built into SageMC so you don't need to install the comskip playback import.

Hope this helps,
Old 03-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Sage User

thanks for the responses. i actually already had comskip monitor set up, but i thought that i might be able to do away with it if sagemc already had the commercial marking built in. but i guess it must be a legacy or unsupported option since no one seems to know what it does. back to comskip monitor!
Old 03-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
With all this talk about getting commercial skipping working, I'd figured I'd finally give it a go. I got Comskip and Comskip monitor setup and running fine. SageMC is not auto skipping the commercials though. I see the grey segments in the timeline denoting the commercials, but it continues to play right thru them. I have enabled the auto skip in SageMC/enhancements/comskip options. If I bring up the options menu while a show is playing, comskip is always set to disabled. What am I missing?
Old 03-02-2008, 12:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
Is anyone else having issues with the miniguide? Pressing up cycles thru only 5 channels, and pressing down does the same with 5 different channels. Where are all the rest of my channels?
Well....I maybe be slow (rarely ever watch live TV), but I finally had a chance to figure this out. What was happening is I had my up command set to "up/Channel up" and down to "down/channel Down". This was causing it to "page up/down" thru all my channels. Once I set my commands to just up and down, it works fine. Whew...thank goodness.

Last edited by kricker; 03-02-2008 at 12:13 AM.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
thanks for the responses. i actually already had comskip monitor set up, but i thought that i might be able to do away with it if sagemc already had the commercial marking built in. but i guess it must be a legacy or unsupported option since no one seems to know what it does. back to comskip monitor!
I believe the comskip option in SageMC does still work. You just need to place the comskip executable and comskip.ini file in the SageTV directory. SageMC should then be able to invoke comskip.

I used to use SageMC's built in comskip functionality, but switched to Comskip Monitor because it cleans up the files after shows are deleted.

Carl
Old 03-02-2008, 07:12 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
With all this talk about getting commercial skipping working, I'd figured I'd finally give it a go. I got Comskip and Comskip monitor setup and running fine. SageMC is not auto skipping the commercials though. I see the grey segments in the timeline denoting the commercials, but it continues to play right thru them. I have enabled the auto skip in SageMC/enhancements/comskip options. If I bring up the options menu while a show is playing, comskip is always set to disabled. What am I missing?
I got this sorted out before I went to bed. Turns out I had some of my new series set to auto comskip disabled. I must've turned this on when I was checking out new series options.

On a side note; I may need to check out Showanalyzer or work with Comskip's advanced settings, as it's accuracy needs some tweaking. I have a few shows it's really way off on.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:08 AM
Sage User

I'm running SageMC version 6.3.7a (full install) with Sage 6.3.5. I noticed there is a highlight problem in the Video Conversions menu.

I looked through some recent posts and I didn't see anyone else report this, however, if it is already a know issue I apologize.

Thank you for the great application!
Closed Thread