SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 04:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Couldn't you do this by :
  • create a main menu layout that you want for dynamic sub menu
  • clone it to a submenu
  • export the submenu to a .layout file
btl
Yup, that would be using the clone function.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Mike and Dirk-Amazing release. This seems to be the release that should open the floodgates for people sharing customizations. Great Job!!

I have two minor problems:
1. I use MCE style menus with the menu spacer enabled. When it first loads, the space is present. I have created a sub-menu where I access the settings, video conversions and parental control. When I access this sub-menu, and then come back to the main menu, but space is gone. It will not come back until I restart or go into the dynamic menu through main menu options, disable and re-enable the space, and save. It will not come back if I go into the customize main menu-text-customize and disable/reinable here.

2. I still use TheaterTek to play DVDs. I have re-enabled using this external program, but when I launch a movie, TT launches and immediately closes. This was working in 6.3.6b. Also, the command script has not changed and will launch TT if I open it.

Thanks again for the hard work.
Steve
Old 01-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Note:

Here's a fix for the layout import / cloning not working on placeshifter / MVP. Shut down the server, and extract the jar file to the SageTV\JARs directory. I updated the 6.3.6 development download as well (but not the full download package).

Dirk
Cloning is still not working for me. I am running Server with the Client on the same computer. I've tried cloning from main to sub, and sub to main. Neither works.

Now I am going to try to do a manual edit of a main menu export.

Well, that will not work. The export is an empty file.

Last edited by kricker; 01-27-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having a problem with the themes - when ever I select a new one, the background doesn't seem to change. It's like it's stuck on BlueTwo Blue Steel's background.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hrmmp my preview windows is now showing a paused icon and an icon instead of the actual tv showing.

I applied the fix in the properties file but it still showing the icons.

I went to detail setup to make sure "If Active" is set and it is.

Any idea what I may have missed or a step I missed to enable the video in the preview windows?

Thank youi
Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 01-27-2008, 05:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
Hrmmp my preview windows is now showing a paused icon and an icon instead of the actual tv showing.

I applied the fix in the properties file but it still showing the icons.

I went to detail setup to make sure "If Active" is set and it is.

Any idea what I may have missed or a step I missed to enable the video in the preview windows?

Thank youi
Bill

Never mind I fixed it.

What happened was SageTV was running while I was editing the properties file so when I restarted SageMC it reversed my changes back in properties.

I need to remember next time to shut down SageTV before making any changes in properties file.

Thank you
Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Old 01-27-2008, 05:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Exclamation Mouse support for Fixed Focus

Hi Mike, sorry to be such a pain... I mentioned this problem earlier, but it got buried very quickly in all the recent posts.

But currently people who use a mouse no longer have the ability to hover over and select Menu icons in Fixed Focus mode. Could you please add the ability for people to use their mouse for this mode too? I, along with many other people love the way Fixed Focus looks, but we also love to use our mouse

After a second or so, if the item is not selected by the mouse, it would snap back to the main, fixed focus icon.

Thanks so much for all your help!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-27-2008, 06:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Bug in latest version

Hi Flachbar,
Amazing job with this latest release. However I encountered a very annoying bug. If I run SageTV as service then I can not import any layout. If I make changes to the main menu they are not saved.
However if I run SageTV without the service everything seems to be fine.

It looks to me that there is a problem how the configuration are read. Almost like writing to SageClient.properties but read from Sage.properties.

Help please
Thanks
Old 01-27-2008, 07:07 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julianus View Post
Hi Flachbar,
Amazing job with this latest release. However I encountered a very annoying bug. If I run SageTV as service then I can not import any layout. If I make changes to the main menu they are not saved.
However if I run SageTV without the service everything seems to be fine.

It looks to me that there is a problem how the configuration are read. Almost like writing to SageClient.properties but read from Sage.properties.

Help please
Thanks

Yes it's known bug.
There's already a fix for it in this same thread.

Link for fix http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=5569

Bill
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Old 01-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks that fixed it.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Install SageMC Under Linux

I looked but could not find an answer.

I unzipped the full SAGEMC package to /opt/sagetv/server

when back and changed permissions in the JARs folder to 775 also did the same for STVs, com and ui_elements.

When I try to load it I get "Failed to load SageMC"

Can anyone tell me how to install SageMC on a Linux server so I can use it in my placeshifter client?
Old 01-27-2008, 10:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
Yes it's known bug.
There's already a fix for it in this same thread.

Link for fix http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=5569

Bill
Unfortunately this fix did not work for me. Something else must be amiss on my system.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:06 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
Cloning is still not working for me. I am running Server with the Client on the same computer. I've tried cloning from main to sub, and sub to main. Neither works.

Now I am going to try to do a manual edit of a main menu export.

Well, that will not work. The export is an empty file.
I too am unable to get cloning to work. I have resorted to manually configuring each sub menu. Let me know if you figure it out.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 01-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Unfortunately this fix did not work for me. Something else must be amiss on my system.
If your running SageTV Service and GUI on same PC, then I would disable service and run it together to see if that problem still exists for you to narrow it down so it easier to troubleshoot the problem.

It could be another bug.

Bill
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Old 01-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Sage Icon

Yup, I am just now going to try Sage without using the server.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:18 PM
SageTVaholic

I was having trouble exporting the menu layout files also.

To get the export function working, I had to shut down SageTV, Shut Down Services and disable services. Then restart SageTV (not running as service) and then it would export layout files just fine. Once I was done playing with the menus I would restart SageTV as a service and all was well again.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:29 PM
SageTVaholic

I am having the same problem. It's saving 1Kb export layout files. Ive already put the updated jar file. I posted my debug file earlier if that helps. I'm using both the sageTV service and the sageTV.exe on the same PC.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-27-2008, 10:41 PM
Sage Icon

Tested some more. Here are the results:

Sage without server
Everything works fine.

Sage running as client with server on same PC
I can import layouts just fine. After running Sage without server once, I can now clone. I still can not export properly. Now when I export, it always exports what I last had set with Sage running without the server.

I also still have the bug, where in a sub-menu pressing left on any item on the screen other than the menu results in going back to the main screen. For example, if the weather bar is active and focused pressing left will jump the screen back to the man menu. 'Left as back' is disabled in the SageMC options.

Last edited by kricker; 01-27-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Right... thats exactly what's happening for me.

Quote:
Tested some more. Here are the results:
Sage without server
Everything works fine.

Sage running as client with server on same PC
I can import layouts just fine. After running Sage without server once, I can now clone. I still can not export properly. Now when I export, it always exports what I last had set with Sage running without the server.

I also still have the bug, where in a sub-menu pressing left on any item on the screen other than the menu results in going back to the main screen. For example, if the weather bar is active and focused pressing left will jump the screen back to the man menu. 'Left as back' is disabled in the SageMC options.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Sage Icon

....and now for a feature request

When browsing for menu icons in the dynamic sub-menu options, it would be nice instead of a list of icons it would actually show the icon images.

After browsing and applying an icon that is in the correct folder structure for a SageMC theme, it still makes the path absolute instead of relative. If one was to switch themes after doing this you would remain having the icons from the previous theme.
Closed Thread