SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 11:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Bill,
Are you using the latest version of SageTV 6.3.7? (not SageMC). Reason I ask is I couldn't get it to import until I upgraded to SageTV 6.3.7.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Same thing here. Export/import doesnt work for me. I can save a layout file. I can try to import the one I just saved (or even an example)... Ill get the warning that my existing layout will change... and it does nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
I click options -> Customize Screen Layout -> Import/Export Layout -> Import All then direct it to Examples folder and selected one of the layout to try it last one I tried was Circle.layout but it didn't seem to do anything to the Main menu and it looked the same to me.

Is there steps I may have missed?

Thank you for the quick replies!
Bill

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-26-2008, 11:50 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Bill,
Are you using the latest version of SageTV 6.3.7? (not SageMC). Reason I ask is I couldn't get it to import until I upgraded to SageTV 6.3.7.
No I am not .. Going to upgrade it then.

Thanks!
Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 01-26-2008, 11:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Ooh shoot.. I didnt see this.. Thanks! Ill upgade this too.

Quote:
Bill,

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-26-2008, 11:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Glad to help guys. Be sure and let me know if that works.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:55 PM
SageTVaholic

SageMC AMG 1.0 is released

btl.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Bill,
Quote:
No I am not .. Going to upgrade it then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Ooh shoot.. I didnt see this.. Thanks! Ill upgade this too.

Although it's a good idea to upgrade to SageTV 6.3.7 anyway (we'll update the animations in the next minor release to be interruptable, which is a new 6.3.7 feature), I can definitely confirm that SageMC 6.3.7 works fine with SageTV 6.3.5. I have tested this with a SageTV 6.3.5 install in a MS Virtual PC VM, importing and exporting of layouts works without problem. There must be something else in your environments that is causing these issues. But if upgrading to 6.3.7 solves the problem, the better !

Dirk
Old 01-27-2008, 12:14 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Although it's a good idea to upgrade to SageTV 6.3.7 anyway (we'll update the animations in the next minor release to be interruptable, which is a new 6.3.7 feature), I can definitely confirm that SageMC 6.3.7 works fine with SageTV 6.3.5. I have tested this with a SageTV 6.3.5 install in a MS Virtual PC VM, importing and exporting of layouts works without problem. There must be something else in your environments that is causing these issues. But if upgrading to 6.3.7 solves the problem, the better !

Dirk

Upgrading to SageTV 6.3.7 RC didn't work for me. Must be something else preventing the import of layouts.

Does the layout import require certain theme to be install or it should have worked with any themes you selected in the theme setup?

Right now I have Theme BlueTwo selected and I am trying to get it verticial or circle layout icons. When I selected "Icon Fixed" for main meun instead of text it shows a circle but it looked real distorted on my screen and icon overlapping on the right side.

Is the example layout only work for 16:9 HDTV screen or it should have worked on 4:3 SDTV

This is a clean SageTV install with only SageMC installed on it.

Any idea?

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 01-27-2008, 12:26 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
I just tried to clone the main menu to the submenu and nothing happens. I even closed and restarted the Sage UI.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Upgrading to the latest SageTV 6.3.7 did not fix the export/import of layouts problem.. It still does the same thing.. nothing.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-27-2008, 01:11 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
I am really liking these new enhancement to the customization. There is a lot to play with.

I did find an oddity though. When on a sub-menu screen, pressing left from any focused item other than the menu icons causes the screen to jump back to the main menu.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Make it stop!

Help!

I'm not sure if this is related to a recent install of Sage, the latest release of sagemc or me being blind but I can't work out where to turn off the damned stop dialog. I'm sure there was a menu option to disable this. Please tell me I'm being dense and that it's staring me in the face.

Mick.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp View Post
Help!

I'm not sure if this is related to a recent install of Sage, the latest release of sagemc or me being blind but I can't work out where to turn off the damned stop dialog. I'm sure there was a menu option to disable this. Please tell me I'm being dense and that it's staring me in the face.

Mick.
Settings >> SageMC >> Main >> Screen Specific Options >> Video OSD >> Show Stop Dialog
Old 01-27-2008, 02:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Settings >> SageMC >> Main >> Screen Specific Options >> Video OSD >> Show Stop Dialog
Thanks Mike. I'm not sure how I kept missing it

Mick.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Mike there seems to be a small visual glitch with Fixed Focus/ FreeForm. Animation is very smooth going clockwise. But...

Counter-clockwise there's a problem with the icon all the way to the left.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 01-27-2008 at 03:23 AM.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Nice improvements.

Just somthing I noticed with the weather bare. If I select the Forecast I dont get a graphic (cloudy, snow, sunny ect) anybody else get this?

Technazz
Old 01-27-2008, 08:45 AM
Sage Icon

Hi everyone! Havent been using SageMC in a while, and have since changed platforms for my server (now its on a MAC) and I dont think I can use the latest SageMC right? Because of the lack of Java 6. Or will it work on Java 5? I can "get" Java 6, although its not a released version, and not for public use, so I am a bit hesitant to install it if I dont need it.

By the way, the latest version looks sick!
Old 01-27-2008, 08:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Hi everyone! Havent been using SageMC in a while, and have since changed platforms for my server (now its on a MAC) and I dont think I can use the latest SageMC right? Because of the lack of Java 6. Or will it work on Java 5? I can "get" Java 6, although its not a released version, and not for public use, so I am a bit hesitant to install it if I dont need it.

By the way, the latest version looks sick!
Kirby, it should work fine with Java 1.5. But I have no idea if there any problems running it on a Mac, since we don't have any way to test that...

Dirk
Old 01-27-2008, 09:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Does the layout import require certain theme to be install or it should have worked with any themes you selected in the theme setup?
Should work with any theme. But did you try the default theme ?

Quote:
Is the example layout only work for 16:9 HDTV screen or it should have worked on 4:3 SDTV
4:3 shouldn't matter

Quote:
This is a clean SageTV install with only SageMC installed on it.

Any idea?
Any errors in the log file ?

Dirk
Old 01-27-2008, 09:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna View Post
Anybody else have the following problems with 6.3.6b?

1. When in TV is in "Grouped" view, Sort by Orig within a group is always ignored when first opening the group. Sort by title is OK at the top level is ok, It's just Grouped thats faulty within the group. Marking something watch is very annoying as the order of the list reverses every time you do the marking
"Grouped" is my default view, and I have never seen this issue. Everything is sorted correctly, and setting shows to watched doesn't affect the order either. Do yo see any errors in the debug log ?

Quote:
2. I cant turn off the core animation in Sage without loosing all animation in the STV. I find the slow change between menu items very annoying as I often overshoot. It also takes much longer to get anywhere.
Sorry, but this is intended, we moved all animations over to core animations. We couldn't see any difference in speed between the built-in animations and the old style ones.

Dirk
Closed Thread