SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 06:46 PM
SageTVaholic

What.... Oh my.....

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-26-2008, 06:54 PM
Sage Icon

This is great, but it will take me months to figure out all the things this can do.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Make sure you enable Main Menu Animations - you are missing out on some cool effects for the "Fixed Focus" modes if you have them disabled.

btl.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:45 PM
Sage Icon

How do you access the layout for sub-menus? Specifically the settings menu. I want to disable the title on all of them.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Sweet, been waiting for this

Nice job
Old 01-26-2008, 09:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Selection Bars Problem

I'm not sure if something is messed up with my setup or not, but it's very hard for me to tell which Menu icon is the that is currently selected. Something doesnt seem right. There is no difference between Selection Bars= Main Menu and Select Bars= None.

If Selection Bars= Folder View, I get this really ugly looking Square Highlight. It kind of looks like the highlight has another square transparent smaller highlight in it with a border around the whole thing.

See the attaced screenshots..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Main Menu.jpg (274.4 KB, 365 views)
File Type: jpg FolderView.jpg (275.3 KB, 358 views)

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-26-2008, 09:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I'm not sure if something is messed up with my setup or not, but it's very hard for me to tell which Menu icon is the that is currently selected. Something doesnt seem right. There is no difference between Selection Bars= Main Menu and Select Bars= None.

If Selection Bars= Folder View, I get this really ugly looking Square Highlight. It kind of looks like the highlight has another square transparent smaller highlight in it with a border around the whole thing.

See the attaced screenshots..
Ummm...yeah....about that.

You won't see anything with the icons set to Main Menu unless your theme has those icons included. I added those in v6.3.6 to give theme designers and users the ability to define different icons for the main menu than the folder view icons used in the rest of the STV.

Now the funny looking selection icon is all my fault. It was my first attempt at making selection bars when I made the original glassy sets and the folder view icons I generated back then didn't turn out all that great. In fact as you so aptly put it, they were kind of ugly. Sorry about that.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-26-2008, 09:46 PM
SageTVaholic

"Main Menu" was introduced last time around - you basically have to provide the graphic that is used for that highlight. Folder View uses the "icon_empty_focus" and "icon_empty_nofocus" .png's in the theme folder. If you create two pngs called "main_menu_focus" and "main_menu_nofocus" - those will be used instead.

One nice trick is that you can just create the focus one - and leave the "nofocus" one missing. Then you only get the selection bubble on the selected item.

btl.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Mike, is there something I can replace or change to make the highlight look right? Currently, the only way it looks good is when I switch back to Menu style=text and have the transparency bubble highlight.

By the way, thanks for all your work... I'm just getting my feet wet with all this new stuff!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Ummm...yeah....about that.

You won't see anything with the icons set to Main Menu unless your theme has those icons included. I added those in v6.3.6 to give theme designers and users the ability to define different icons for the main menu than the folder view icons used in the rest of the STV.

Now the funny looking selection icon is all my fault. It was my first attempt at making selection bars when I made the original glassy sets and the folder view icons I generated back then didn't turn out all that great. In fact as you so aptly put it, they were kind of ugly. Sorry about that.

Aloha,
Mike

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-26-2008, 10:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Mike, is there something I can replace or change to make the highlight look right? Currently, the only way it looks good is when I switch back to Menu style=text and have the transparency bubble highlight.
You can try grabbing the icon_empty_*.png icons in the appropriate color from my liquid theme. They are a pretty close match and look much better IMO. Rename them to main_menu_focus.png and main_menu_nofocus.png and they won't interfere with the rest of your theme. HTH

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-26-2008, 10:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Maui / New England productions proudly present: SageMC 6.3.7

Now keep the custom layouts coming !

Enjoy,

Mike & Dirk

What theme/layout and icons is this? Is it part of SageMC package which I could toggle in menu or I need to download it and install it seperately?

Thank you
Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 01-26-2008, 10:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
What theme/layout and icons is this? Is it part of SageMC package which I could toggle in menu or I need to download it and install it seperately?

Thank you
Bill
That's the Foofaraw theme (which you would have to install separately) and the layouts are included in the ...\MenuLayouts\Examples folder in the latest release.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Sage Icon

Nice one guys! Just upgraded to the latest SageTV yesterday, so going to the latest SageMC tonight, only seems right. Looks like an excellent job. I love the recent/upcoming buttons--very nice touch...

Once again, leaves a lot of tweaking to the imagination.

Thanks once again. I think this would officially be the first time SageMC has been tag teamed.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks! That did it.

Is there a way for me to change the alphblending intensity of the icon image and the main_menu_focus.png? Id like to make the icons a little bit less transparent and the main_menu_focus.png more transparent.

Quote:
You can try grabbing the icon_empty_*.png icons in the appropriate color from my liquid theme. They are a pretty close match and look much better IMO. Rename them to main_menu_focus.png and main_menu_nofocus.png and they won't interfere with the rest of your theme. HTH

Aloha,
Mike

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-26-2008, 10:43 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
That's the Foofaraw theme (which you would have to install separately) and the layouts are included in the ...\MenuLayouts\Examples folder in the latest release.

Aloha,
Mike
Do I select the one of layout files in the Examples folder and move it to another folder in SageTV? Or is that selected and enabled via menus inside SageMC?

Thank you for explaining!
Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Old 01-26-2008, 10:44 PM
SageTVaholic

With the menu style= text, if I press the <right> button on my remote, I get a mini-menu. How do I gain access to this mini-menu with other menu styles?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-26-2008, 10:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
With the menu style= text, if I press the <right> button on my remote, I get a mini-menu. How do I gain access to this mini-menu with other menu styles?
Double click (or select). You might have to play with the delay timing to get it to work for you. I may add a separate key for it later.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-26-2008, 10:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
Do I select the one of layout files in the Examples folder and move it to another folder in SageTV? Or is that selected and enabled via menus inside SageMC?

Thank you for explaining!
Bill
Import layouts via the configuration menu (hit options in main menu) within SageMC.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Misc items

Mike here are some issues that I've noticed right away. I'm hoping these are things that you or Dirk would consider fixing:

1) Animations are broken when there's a video preview window active in the Main menu (fixed focus). I have my animation length (ms) set to 500. It looks like the animation length changes to 0.

2) In Fixed focus menu style... mouse hover over and select does not work at all.. except for the icon that is always highlighted. I realize this contradicts the name "fixed focus", but this flexibility sure would be helpful since most of the things I select are with my mouse.

3) Video Preview window sizes are not consistent between these types of menus and the old style "My Videos, My music". The Clock location is also not consistent between the guide and the new menus.

4) Record icon (top right of screen) isn't scaled correctly when you switch to window view (from Full screen).. it looks too big.

5) Mini-menus are not accessible via remote control select. I'm not sure how to change the delay. Maybe, as you said, adding a separate key would be good too. (I just thought Id add this here so you wouldn't forget )

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 01-26-2008 at 11:37 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Import layouts via the configuration menu (hit options in main menu) within SageMC.
I click options -> Customize Screen Layout -> Import/Export Layout -> Import All then direct it to Examples folder and selected one of the layout to try it last one I tried was Circle.layout but it didn't seem to do anything to the Main menu and it looked the same to me.

Is there steps I may have missed?

Thank you for the quick replies!
Bill
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Closed Thread