SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 05:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna View Post
Edit: You also need to run the service as a user that has a password. The user also needs to be the same on both machines, and have the same password on both machines.
Thx; can you auto-login a machine with a userid that has a password? If not, how are you guys handling machine bounces (ie, power goes out)?
Old 01-22-2008, 05:55 PM
SageTVaholic

TweakUIi

Set a user to auto logon among other neat things.

Download TweakUI

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

I recently rebuilt my HTPC due to bad mobo, and my video drives now have new UNC paths.

Most of the recorded shows show something like "The Daily Show - 10 recorded shows" (I forget the exact wording). However, when I go into that group, there are less than 10. I suspect that this may be due to the fact that sage still thinks that there are some episodes on the (now defunt/redundant) old UNC paths. I seem to remember something about recreating the path, but empty, so that sage will see it empty and remove the extra (non-existant) files from the wiz.bin, however, I don't remember exactly what the old UNC paths were.

Is there a way to find out where sage is waiting for those files to reappear so I can show sage there is nothing there?

Or, if there is another reason for this behaviour, how do I fix it?
Old 01-23-2008, 01:27 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by IVB View Post
Thx; can you auto-login a machine with a userid that has a password? If not, how are you guys handling machine bounces (ie, power goes out)?
Start--Run--control userpasswords2
Old 01-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Sage User

re drive letters for imports

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna View Post
Not sure if you can use network drives (dont see why not, it's just a drive).

But the Service can not access network maps. If you use the service you must use UNC paths (or stiick to local drives)

Edit: You also need to run the service as a user that has a password. The user also needs to be the same on both machines, and have the same password on both machines.
Also, if you use drive letters for imports (at least for DVD rips), your client machines won't be able to open/view them, because the client needs direct access to those files (ie they're not streamed from the server). In that case, even if they're local drives on the server, you should set your import directories to UNCs and share those shares so the client machines can see them.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Since using SageMC, I've noticed that when going from page to page (guide to main screen for example), the whole entire screen image shifts left or right at times.

I've tried changing the display resolution (my projector is 1024x768 native) and have gone from 800x600 to 1280x1024....all which exhibit the same problem.

I don't recall this happening with the default STV.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 01-23-2008, 02:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khristopher View Post
Since using SageMC, I've noticed that when going from page to page (guide to main screen for example), the whole entire screen image shifts left or right at times.

I've tried changing the display resolution (my projector is 1024x768 native) and have gone from 800x600 to 1280x1024....all which exhibit the same problem.

I don't recall this happening with the default STV.

Anyone have any ideas?

How much is it shifting? Could it be "orbit" is enabled? Sorry I cant be specific to its location in the settings menu (at work).
Old 01-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom View Post

Is there a way to find out where sage is waiting for those files to reappear so I can show sage there is nothing there?

Or, if there is another reason for this behaviour, how do I fix it?
SageMC doesn't appear to show the file location. You can load up the default UI and the "recording detail" should show you the file location. You should see the UNC path there and can then recreate it.

That is one thing I miss with SageMC, I like to see a little bit more recording detail than SageMC shows sometimes.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdamore View Post
How much is it shifting? Could it be "orbit" is enabled? Sorry I cant be specific to its location in the settings menu (at work).
If I were to compare it on a computer screen, it would be within a centimeter. On my 120" screen however it's more like 6 inches.

Already checked the Orbiting setting which is at Zero.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
Seems like I remember Dirk posting an rss feed to notify us of new sagemc updates. But I have searched and searched and cant seem to find it. Would some one be so kind to post that up for me?

Thanks,

Miller
Old 01-25-2008, 02:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by millers_35 View Post
Seems like I remember Dirk posting an rss feed to notify us of new sagemc updates. But I have searched and searched and cant seem to find it. Would some one be so kind to post that up for me?

Thanks,

Miller
http://s91885874.onlinehome.us/tinc?key=mMEA0yO0

Hmm, why do you ask, are you expecting something ??

Dirk
Old 01-25-2008, 02:45 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
http://s91885874.onlinehome.us/tinc?key=mMEA0yO0

Hmm, why do you ask, are you expecting something ??

Dirk
should we be
Old 01-25-2008, 02:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
Yeah why would I be expecting something? You got something you want to share with us?

Miller
Old 01-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Sage Icon

Please don't tempt us. Are we talking days, weeks, or months?
Old 01-25-2008, 04:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Please don't tempt us. Are we talking days, weeks, or months?
Well, it always depends on the velocity of the observer, doesn't it...

Dirk
Old 01-25-2008, 05:16 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
ooh, you tease
Old 01-25-2008, 05:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Dirk
And on top of that, if you're not in an inertial frame of reference things get really complicated.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Issues with 6.3.6b

Anybody else have the following problems with 6.3.6b?

1. When in TV is in "Grouped" view, Sort by Orig within a group is always ignored when first opening the group. Sort by title is OK at the top level is ok, It's just Grouped thats faulty within the group. Marking something watch is very annoying as the order of the list reverses every time you do the marking

2. I cant turn off the core animation in Sage without loosing all animation in the STV. I find the slow change between menu items very annoying as I often overshoot. It also takes much longer to get anywhere.

Currently using SageTV 6.3.5.159 and Java 1.6.0_03.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner View Post
Start--Run--control userpasswords2
That's what I use, instead of TweakUI. Here is more information:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1618969,00.asp
Old 01-26-2008, 06:31 PM
SageTVaholic

SageMC 6.3.7 now available

Maui / New England productions proudly present: SageMC 6.3.7

Dynamic Submenus
  • Dynamic Submenu configuration is now completely independent of the Main Menu configuration.
  • The Title Panel can now be disabled from the layout configuration menu.
Main Menu (and Dynamic Submenus)

Menu
  • Icon menu mode
    • Icon menu scrolling will wrap vertically when vertical wrap is enabled.
    • For single row icon menu, menu scrolling will wrap horizontally when horizontal wrapping is enabled.
  • Fixed Focus menu mode
    • 3 arrangements available: Horizontal, Vertical, FreeForm. Horizontal and Vertical arrangements have limited options to simplify configuration. In the FreeForm arrangement, each icon can be individually moved and configured.
    • Options common to all arrangements
      • Selection Bars can be set to Folder View, Main Menu, and None
      • Number of Icons can be set from 1 to 10
      • Focused Icon selects which displayed icon will retain focus
      • Set Icon Positions opens a new popup menu where the relative position of each icon can be adjusted (vertical for the horizontal arrangement; horizontal for the vertical arrangement; position, scale, and opacity for each icon in FreeForm arrangement)
      • Nav Direction selects whether the icons will transition in the direction of an arrow press (Default) or opposite the direction of an arrow press (Reversed).
      • End Point Animation selects the animation style to be applied to the icons at the ends of the arrangement. Wrap causes the icon at one end to slide to the position at the opposite end. Note that only the wrap animation correctly maintains the transparency (for opacity < 1.0) of the icons during animation. This appears to be a bug in the core and may be fixed in the future.
      • Animation Style sets the timeline to be used for the animation. Quadratic is used by default. Available options are linear, quadratic, cubic, and bounce.
      • Animation length (ms) sets the duration of the animation in milliseconds.
      • Ripple Delay (ms) adds a cumulative delay to the menu transition animation for each icon. This results in a ripple or wave-like effect.
      • Show Text selects whether or not the text will be displayed along with the icon graphic in the menu icons.
      • Dbl Click Delay (ms) sets the time that the UI will wait for a second click/select to be performed before proceeding with the primary action. This is used to bring up the popup menus for 'My TV', 'My Music', and 'My Videos'.
    • Horizontal and Vertical arrangement options
      • Icon Size Min / Icon Size Max sets the relative size limits for the displayed icons. The focused icon always receives the maximum size and the icon farthest from the focused icon receives the minimum size. All others icons are linearly scaled between these limits.
      • Opacity Min / Opacity Max sets the relative opacity (transparency) limits for the displayed icons. The focused icon always receives the maximum opacity and the icon farthest from the focused icon receives the minimum opacity. All others icons are linearly scaled between these limits.
    • FreeForm arrangement options
      • Navigation Keys sets whether the up/down or left/right keys will trigger a menu transition.
  • Text menu mode
    • Added animated transition to MCE style menu
  • Layout Editing
    • Added layout import/export to configuration menu. (.layout files)
    • Added menu and object cloning in dynamic menu mode.
    • Added undo for object editing. (pressing undo will revert the object to its state when the configuration menu was first opened)
    • Added display of x position, y position, and scale to move/scale popup when moving all objects
    • Added Number listener to move/scale popups. Now when you press 1-9 it will cause the object to jump to that location on screen. (i.e. 1 = jump to upper left corner, 5 = jump to center, 8 = jump to bottom center, etc. Also, pressing 0 will set the scale to 1.0) The only place this works a bit differently is for the Fixed Focus Icon Menu. For that only buttons 5 and 0 are active. (The other numbers didn't work intuitively because of the way in which the icon positions are defined)
Main Icon Panel
  • When in Text/MCE menu mode, a new option is available to use the Fixed Focus icons (from the fixed focus menu mode above) as the displayed icons. The configuration is the same as when in the Fixed Focus menu mode, except that the 'focused' icon never actually receives focus. It just displays the icon associated with the focused item in the text menu. The animated icon transitions will occur whenever the selected menu item is changed. This mode can be used to approximate a 'Front Row'-like menu configuration.
Time/Date Display
  • The Time and Date display can now be enabled/disabled, moved and scaled.
Info/Conflict/Rec Icons
  • The informational icons (Info/Conflict/Rec) have been separated from the Time/Date display. The icon group can now be moved and scaled.
Recent and Upcoming Recordings
  • New objects have been added to display the four most recent recordings and the next four upcoming recordings as in the 'My TV' screen.
  • The Recent and Upcoming Recordings objects can be separately moved and scaled.
  • Only one recording is shown at a time to conserve real estate. Once the Recordings object is selected, the items can be scrolled into view.
  • Pressing 'Select' jumps you to the Detailed Info screen for that recording.
  • Pressing 'Options' brings up the same option menu available in the 'My TV' screen
DiskSpace Bar
  • The Diskspace Bar can now be enabled/disabled, moved and scaled
Shutdown Icon
  • The Shudown icon now properly scales with screen size (available on the Main Menu only.)
Other changes
  • Added SageMC properties backup/restore buttons to SageMC Options >> Main (.sagemc files)
  • Added automatic SageMC properties backup at application start and exit. (application_start_backup.sagemc and application_exit_backup.sagemc)
  • Added a compatibility check at startup for Java, SageTV, and SageMC jar version
  • Added display of aspect ratio mode in OSD
  • Added video thumbnails in MyTV (can be disabled in MyTV options)
  • Added 'ImportScript' theme property that allows theme designers to import and run STVi code when the theme gets loaded
  • Added the ability to define a main menu item that will play all your music albums in random order. Add the following to your dynamic main menu file:
    Code:

<internalScreenMenuItem screen="Now Playing" title="Play All Albums">
            <evalExpression>SetProperty("random_music_playback", true)</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PlayAllAlbums", true)</evalExpression>
        </internalScreenMenuItem>
Here are a couple of screen shots showing the new functionality in the main menu:

A lot of the sagemc specific properties have been renamed for consistency, but the old properties will get migrated automatically when you load the STV for the first time. Make a backup in case you want to go back to an older version.

Update instructions:

- shut down the UI
- unzip *all* files in the download file
- make a backup of your Sage property file
- restart the UI
- load the new STV

The dev package and the full installation package are available for download here:

SageMC 6.3.7 update
SageMC 6.3.7 full install

Now keep the custom layouts coming !

Enjoy,

Mike & Dirk
Closed Thread