SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 07:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
The best thing is probably to enable debug logging (see flachbar's sig) and then play a recording that you know has an .edl file generated. Then post the log file here.

Aloha,
Mike
here you go...
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (176.9 KB, 241 views)

Last edited by JonTom; 01-18-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom View Post
here you go...
Try loading SageMC_169.xml instead of evilpenguin's modified version, just to make sure you still have the problem. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

yep, that did it, thanks
Old 01-19-2008, 11:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

to no avail i tried to find how I can get SageMC to play only a certain file type (mpg for instance) with the external media player, while playing all other files internally.

Can anyone help me out?
Old 01-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Sage Icon

Is there a way to use parental controls to prevent the kids from changing the STV and/or importing STVi's? Or better yet a way to prevent them from accessing settings at all?
Old 01-20-2008, 09:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcddream View Post
to no avail i tried to find how I can get SageMC to play only a certain file type (mpg for instance) with the external media player, while playing all other files internally.

Can anyone help me out?
Set sagemc/limit_external_to_extensions=mpg in your properties file

Dirk
Old 01-20-2008, 09:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Is there a way to use parental controls to prevent the kids from changing the STV and/or importing STVi's? Or better yet a way to prevent them from accessing settings at all?
If you use the dynamic main menu, you can set a Pin code on the 'Settings' menu item (in the options menu)

Dirk
Old 01-20-2008, 10:05 PM
Sage User

imdbcache problems slowing down SMC 16x9

This is going to be kinda long but please bear with me.

When I first installed 6.3.5 & 6.3.6b the default imdbcache path worked fine for TV programs but of course didn't show my previously downloaded video library cover art. New attempts to download/save cover art for my video library didn't seem to be saved any where. So I changed the imdbcache path to my video library Dir without having that Dir mapped on the client machine. The result was a spinning cursor for about 10 sec any time I tried to do anything in the vid library. So I mapped the video library Dir on the client machine and the slow down went away and IMDB cover art works fine. BUT now cover art for TV stuff is gone and the slow down now happens in Recorded TV and Program guide areas. I assume this is happening because its looking in the wrong area for IMDB info. Anyone have any suggestions?

BTW the client machine is new.

THX,
Jack

Last edited by WakkoJacko; 01-20-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Set sagemc/limit_external_to_extensions=mpg in your properties file

Dirk
thanks, will give it a go.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:52 PM
Sage Icon

Perfect. Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Try loading SageMC_169.xml instead of evilpenguin's modified version, just to make sure you still have the problem. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
I've removed the custom SageMC_169_ep.xml from my import download, so hopefully it won't be an issue anymore. Sorry to cause trouble
Old 01-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Sage Fanatic

I have an issue with comskip and Cyberlink 7 decoder.

When I am using Cyberlink 7 decoder with Video Renderer set at Video Overlay Renderer (Overlay) anytime a comskip skips a commerical it would pauses/freezes at the skip so I have to press play on remote to resume the show.

But if I am using Cyberlink 7 decoder with Video Renderer set at VMR9 then the comskip works fine and doesn't pauses/freezes after every skips and the show countiune to play after the skip.

I am wanting to use the Overlay setting because I don't want transparent look and I watch all my show with closed caption that the VMR9 causes it to be transparent also I know VMR9 drain more video resources than the Overlay even I have a high end computer but I like using least resource I can.

Any idea how to fix this?

I did download the Nivida Pure Video decoder trial and tried it and it doesn't pauses/freezes after comskip on Overlay but I would like to fix this issue using Cyberlink 7 decoder rather than having to purchase a Nvidia Pure Video decoder because I think Cyberlink 7 have an excellent closed caption support in it.

Thanks
Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 01-22-2008, 12:22 AM
Sage Icon

Dumb question: You can use network drives to specify DVD import folders, right?

I'm sure it's probably user error, but for some reason I'm having difficulty pulling in 1 of my 2 locations for ripped DVDs. It happens to be the one not on the actual Sage server, so i'm wondering if that's got anything to do with it. I'm running Sage in Service Mode, but I thought it still had access to network maps.

EDIT: Well, it's not that, I added it via UNC and it still doesn't work. I'll keep pounding away to see what the issue is.

Last edited by IVB; 01-22-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Make sure the user you have running the Sage service has access to that network share. Create the same user ID on that box. I have shares on a Windows box and a Freenas share that all hold DVDs on a UNC path. Make sure you actually create a share and steer away from using the admin share E$ or whatever you have on your LAN. Like: \\Freenas\dvd\DVD
(Freenas is the server, dvd is the share and DVD is the directory on the share.)

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Studio Adjusments

Hi all,

Well i'm trying to solve an issue on the SageMC tv guide.
i would like to fix the show info to be Right To Left (RTL) direction. this is for the rtl languages like Hebrew, Arabic and so...

How could i do so?

and if it is possibel to add an option to SageMc options that will let the user set the direction of the text in the SageMc.

RTL in menus,
RTL in the Guide
and so.....

Thanks
Banjo
Old 01-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Sage Icon

When I get the recording Icon (red) on the main screen by the clock,the right side of the info is cut off (the time/date). I have the disk bar enabled.

I know you can move stuff around on the screen but I can't see to move the bar or time.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
When I get the recording Icon (red) on the main screen by the clock,the right side of the info is cut off (the time/date). I have the disk bar enabled.

I know you can move stuff around on the screen but I can't see to move the bar or time.
You will be able to do that in the next release.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
You will be able to do that in the next release.

Aloha,
Mike
Thanks SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!
Old 01-22-2008, 02:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
Thanks SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!

In the mean time, you can try reducing the font size for the time/date display or enable the compact display if you haven't already. Both of these setting are available in:

Settings >> SageMC >> Main >> Global UI Settings >> Display

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-22-2008, 03:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVB View Post
Dumb question: You can use network drives to specify DVD import folders, right?

I'm running Sage in Service Mode, but I thought it still had access to network maps.
Not sure if you can use network drives (dont see why not, it's just a drive).

But the Service can not access network maps. If you use the service you must use UNC paths (or stiick to local drives)

Edit: You also need to run the service as a user that has a password. The user also needs to be the same on both machines, and have the same password on both machines.

Last edited by pjwerdna; 01-22-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Closed Thread