SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 11:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC View Post
I finally got around to making some customizations to the main menu (moving things around, resizing stuff). BUT-- Is there a way to get things back to stock? Some lines I need to delete in the properties file? Also, i did this on the mvp so would it be stored in the mvp properties file?
Thank,
Juc

edit: just looked in the mvp's properties file: can i just delete the lines with sagemc/MainMenu....?
If you don't want to edit the .properties file directly, you can do the following:

1. Set the Main Menu to 'Text'.
2. Make sure all of the main menu objects are enabled.
3. Bring up each main menu object's respective move/scale button and press STOP to reset the size and position to the defaults.

That should do it. Otherwise you can delete the sagemc/MainMenu/... and sagemc/DynamicSubmenu/... items from the appropriate .properties file (in this case, the MVP's file). HTH

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Sage Icon

Ok thanks. One weird thing happened that is causing me to want to restore this. I basically scaled down the main menu icon (sage logo) down to 0 for it to disapear. This was before i realized you can enable/disable them. Anyway. when i went to resize it back up the icon was no longer visible.

I'll try resetting and go from there.
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 12-28-2007, 02:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
OK - on my full client the "Set Icon" option is there, just not visible! It's like the dynamic menu options isn't scrolling. On the full client, I can navigate down to Set Icon (the selection bar disappears entirely!).

On the HD-100 navigating down wraps up to the top selection - skipping over Set Icon - so there's no way to get there.

btl.
Anyone able to have a lookie lou at this yet?
Old 12-28-2007, 11:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Questions

I had a couple of questions about SageMC and I haven't been able to find the answers in the thread.
  1. Is there a way to restart a program from the beginning? In MCE if I press stop, it gives me an option to restart from the beginning and my wife likes the features.
  2. Is there a way to update the thumbnail for a program. Right now the thumbnail for Psych is the Psycho poster :-).
  3. Is there a way sort Series (Favorites) by name to make searching easier?
  4. Is there a way to use icons for series (Favorites) instead of text (Monk First Runs)?

Thanks,
Ben
Old 12-29-2007, 10:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

HELP!! All I am getting is the black screen and cant reload the default STV. How can i fix it back to normal??
Old 12-29-2007, 10:21 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by myoung84 View Post
HELP!! All I am getting is the black screen and cant reload the default STV. How can i fix it back to normal??
A few more details would be useful. Do you mean black screen with white letters? If you read the last 2-3 pages, you'll find some answers on how to fix that, usually, it means you need to install Java 1.6_3.

If you just want to go back to the default STV, close SageTV down, open the Sage.Properties (or SageClient.Properties) file, and change this:

STV=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMC_169.xml

Back to the default STV. Save, and close, then restart SageTV.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:39 PM
Sage Expert

I tried to read this thread (honest) but at 135 pages, it's kinda long.

Love sageMC, but my kid misses one very important item from the default stv. He can see a brief thumbnail of his shows in the default, but he doesn't get that in the sagemc. Is there an easy way to turn that feature on? He's only 5 so he relies on the thumbnail pic to find his shows. With that missing, the FAC (family acceptance factor) is way down.

thanks!
ybrew
Old 12-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamintm View Post
Is there a way to restart a program from the beginning? In MCE if I press stop, it gives me an option to restart from the beginning and my wife likes the features.
Yes. If you hit stop in SageMC, you should get the Stop popup which includes; Resume, Restart, Delete, Send to Archive.

If you don't see this, go to Setup>SageMC>Main>Screen Specific Options>Video OSD>Show Stop Dialog. Enable it and you should be set.

Quote:
Is there a way to update the thumbnail for a program. Right now the thumbnail for Psych is the Psycho poster :-).
SageMC uses IMDB to download the thumbnail. If you do a search for Psych on IMDB you get Psycho as the first option. SageMC downloads that poster. If you look in C:\Program files\sagetv\sagetv\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\IMDBCache you will see a list of program names that SageMC has downloaded thumbnails for. If you open the Psych.jpg, you'll see the Psycho poster. If you replaced the bad psych.jpg with a corrected jpg and restarted Sage, you should see the correct thumbnail.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamintm View Post
I had a couple of questions about SageMC and I haven't been able to find the answers in the thread.
  1. Is there a way to restart a program from the beginning? In MCE if I press stop, it gives me an option to restart from the beginning and my wife likes the features.
  2. Is there a way to update the thumbnail for a program. Right now the thumbnail for Psych is the Psycho poster :-).
  3. Is there a way sort Series (Favorites) by name to make searching easier?
  4. Is there a way to use icons for series (Favorites) instead of text (Monk First Runs)?
Thanks,
Ben
Hi,

Here are a few thoughts:

1. In addition to what ke6guj mentioned above, you can also set and then clear the watched status on a partially watched show/video before watching to reset the starting point to the beginning.

3. In the recorded tv screen, you can cycle through the sort order using the 2nd button down. Choose 'Sort by Title' and that should do what you want.

4. Not at this time.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-29-2007, 02:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybrew View Post
I tried to read this thread (honest) but at 135 pages, it's kinda long.

Love sageMC, but my kid misses one very important item from the default stv. He can see a brief thumbnail of his shows in the default, but he doesn't get that in the sagemc. Is there an easy way to turn that feature on? He's only 5 so he relies on the thumbnail pic to find his shows. With that missing, the FAC (family acceptance factor) is way down.

thanks!
ybrew
I'll check if this is easy to add...

Dirk
Old 12-29-2007, 09:54 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post

Dirk
Appreciate it!

thanks so much!
Old 12-29-2007, 10:16 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm not 5, but this certainly would be a nice visual enhancement.

I posted a request for playing back IMDB movie trailers. Have you looked into this to see if it's feasible? Currently, I have to use a web browser to playback trailers of movies I've recorded. It would be great to see this integrated into the menus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post

Dirk

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Sage Expert

List of small Qs

Finally got around to upgrading to the very latest and greatest after purchasing an HD extender and I'm loving all the updates. Having a few minor issues though, all of which I've tried searching for to no avail...

1) I love the new "Use fullsize .jpg" option for folders, BUT... I can't seem to actually get it to use the folder.jpg I put in the folder. Instead, each parent folder is defaulting to the folder.jpg from one of the child video folders.
- example: If I have a folder structure like dvds/film1...2...3/video_ts, I'm trying to put a folder.jpg under the parent "dvds" folder to have it show for the entire group. That's not showing up though, instead it's (randomly I think) showing one of the folder.jpgs from film1, film2, or film3 instead.

I've re-started the UI - could this be a cache issue or a matter of it looking to something already stored in wiz.bin instead of the new folder.jpg I'm putting in there? (Even when I delete the "low level" folder.jpgs, it still isn't grabbing the top-level folder.jpg - it just doesn't show any folder image at all then.)

2) I can't seem to get IMDB info to download from the HD extender. It works fine on the server, but never gets past "searching for..." from the extender.

3) I have a random podcast (a .m4a) that's under one of my defined Music import directories, but NOT one of the video directories. For some reason its getting lumped in to My Videos. I've tried putting other videos in that same folder, and they're ignored as they should be, and I've removed that video successfully by moving it to a different folder, but as soon as I put it back it shows up again. Again, it's in a folder listed under Music import folders, but not under Videos.

4) At one point when I would select to play a dvd that was offline, it would pop up a little message saying "please insert the dvd" or something like that. Now I get a Sage "playbackException" error instead. Is this a property I've accidentally changed, or does it not give that nice "insert dvd" message anymore?

5) Finally, one ticky-tack final HD extender issue. When I go into My Videos, next to the "file system" and "view by" text on the left side, there's no little arrow like there is on the server, just an empty space. Not that I miss the arrow that much, it just looks funny with a random empty space pushing the text out to the right. Anybody else seeing this?

Whew! Think that's it for now... thanks again for everything!
Old 12-31-2007, 12:42 AM
Sage Expert

Well, shoot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Sorry if this has been covered, I've tried searching and haven't been able to pinpoint whether others are having this same problem with DVDP 2.4 or whether it's been noted before.

I had MC and DVDP 2.4 working well for months, then had to do a complete overhaul of my system due to other (freezing) issues. When I re-installed everything, I updated everything to the latest (a few weeks ago). So I'm on Sage 6.2.6.148 and SageMC 6.3.3c.

I'm still trying to use DVD Profiler 2.4 because the last I heard there were problems with 3.0. Here's my problem: Whenever I try to refresh my meta-data, or just update a single dvd with Profiler meta-data directly (using DVD Profiler import), I get the error "Collection.xml not found." Actually, that's not completely true: the very first dvd I try after a restart of the UI works fine every time. (so I know it's not an incorrect path or something like that). But it will only work for that first one. Every one after that gives me the Collection.xml error.

Should I be able to get this to work, or has an update been made to enable 3.0 to work that's somehow broken 2.4?

Thanks!
I'm quoting myself from a few months back because I finally got around to updating DVD Profiler to 3.1 tonight, and I appear to be having the same problem that I was having before with 2.4. I summarized it above, but basically, when I import data for a dvd using DVD Profiler import, it will work fine on the first (and sometimes the second) dvd, but then it will suddenly give me a "collection.xml not found" on the next one, and usually at that point the UI will actually lose the connection with the server.

I enabled logging and am attaching my sageclient_0.txt in hopes that someone will be able to decipher the java error that seems to be at the root of the problem. (If you notice in the log, at timecode "Mon 12/31 1:34:04.727" it says "Imported DVD Profiler data for Bringing out the Dead." That imported successfully, then I immediately went to the next dvd I needed to import and selected to import its info from DVD Profiler, at which point you can see all heck breaks lose...)

Can anybody read this log better than I can and help me figure this thing out?
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (204.7 KB, 250 views)
Old 12-31-2007, 05:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Make sure you're running java 1.06 (the latest). It's not installed by defaut. And you are exporting your entire coection out of DVD Profier with everything checked by default, correct? And it is best to run it where the collection.xml is on a local drive to where you're running Sage. (server or client)

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post

I enabled logging and am attaching my sageclient_0.txt in hopes that someone will be able to decipher the java error that seems to be at the root of the problem. (If you notice in the log, at timecode "Mon 12/31 1:34:04.727" it says "Imported DVD Profiler data for Bringing out the Dead." That imported successfully, then I immediately went to the next dvd I needed to import and selected to import its info from DVD Profiler, at which point you can see all heck breaks lose...)

Can anybody read this log better than I can and help me figure this thing out?
Yep, it's pretty obvious: your Java VM is running out of memory. Do you have a huge collection.xml ?

Anyway, how much memory does your machine have ? If it's 1 GB, the default java max heap size is 256m, and this might not be enough for importing a large collection. You can increase the heap size by making a change in the windows registry (but only if you know what you are doing!):

go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Frey Technologies\SageTV, change the value of JVMMaxHeapSizeMB to 512 (decimal), and restart SageTV.

Dirk
Old 12-31-2007, 12:10 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for doing this amazing work. A few simple questions I can't seem to figure out:

1) Is there any documentation for all of the settings are? I'm trying to change 2 specific things (OSD, fullscreen video playing behind menus), but there's a ton of settings and I think i'm suffering unintended consequences with my random clicks. I looked in the wiki, but that's going to a dating website :-)

2) How can I move all my SageMC option settings from one PC to another? I have 3 different clients; i'm doing the customization work on one PC, but need to move it to the other 2 plus extender for "production".

Thanks again.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Hi,

Here are a few thoughts:

1. In addition to what ke6guj mentioned above, you can also set and then clear the watched status on a partially watched show/video before watching to reset the starting point to the beginning.

3. In the recorded tv screen, you can cycle through the sort order using the 2nd button down. Choose 'Sort by Title' and that should do what you want.

4. Not at this time.

Aloha,
Mike
Thanks to all for the help. I've gotten SageMC working as close to MCE as my wife would like.

That said, I noticed that if I go to My TV->Schedule->Series and select Other Showings for a show that doesn't have any future airings, the Future Airings screen shows the word False instead of the title.

Ben
Old 12-31-2007, 03:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm View Post
I have a problem with the full size genre icons when showing them in list view. I use the default selection bar. When I view genres by folder view, the icons are clear, and the selected folder is green--as it should be. But, when I use the list view, all icons appear green, so I can't tell which is selected. The icon images in the default GenreIcons folder appear to be clear, so I don't know what is wrong. I'm attaching pictures of problem.
I hate to re-post, but does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks. (The Pictures are still with the original post.)
Old 01-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
RSS Info

Can anybody tell me how to get RSS feeds working in this skin? I dug through the forums and saw a reference to the neilm way using the internal reader. I guess you are supposed to install cygwin, which I did, and when I add a feed, http://www.digg.com/rss/index.xml, it always says updating, when I go to RSS in the menu. Is there a way to set RSS to external and point it to a browser like firefox? I would appreciate any help. Just imagine that I have installed Sage and SageMC and that is it, so where do I go from there. Thanks in advance.
Closed Thread