SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 10:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Alon,

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24 View Post

My Sage is using sagemc636b says I have recording conflicts, but the recording conflict screen is empty (no recordings shown, only the text message, and the close button).
just to make sure I understand correctly: the Schedule(Conflicts) page shows conflicts, but when you select one of the conflicts it won't show the conflicting shows ?

Quote:
When I run from my client, it shows me all the conflicts.
So where do you have the issue, on the MVP ?

Quote:
Added my log file here (which reveals absolutely nothing to my eyes)
Yeah, doesn't tell me anything either. Can you please run the attached debug STV (with logging enabled) on a working client when there are conflicts shown, and select one conflict, and then run the STV on the machine that exhibts the issue and select the same conflicting airing ?

Quote:
Also could you guys post a WIKI on SageMC, and all that it can do?
I see there was supposed to be a WIKI but it leads nowhere, and thats a shame. (not working url == http://www.sage-community.org/index.cgi/wiki/SageMC169 )
Yeah, the old Wiki site is no longer. There's a new one, and Nielm saved the old SageMC files, but nobody has resurrected it yet. Well, the old Wiki was pretty outdated anyway, and I don't have the time to remedy this situation anytime soon

Quote:
Another problem is that the recording conflict button does not work when in the My Menu section.
Not sure what you mean by that, are you referring to the conflicts icon ? This is not clickable, if that's what you mean...

Dirk
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageMC_debug.zip (453.2 KB, 226 views)
Old 12-23-2007, 11:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Dirk, just so you know that Alon isn't crazy.. I've had the same issue. I didnt have a media extender. When I used to click on the conflict icon or go into sageMC's schedule/conflicts submenu, nothing would be listed.

What's supposed to happen (I think) ...just like in the standard STV, you should be presented with a bunch of different ways to handle the conflict.

I had to go into Nielm's web interface to resolve these conflicts. Eventually, I added so many tuners, I never saw conflicts again. So, I never really fix the problem, just avoided seeing conflicts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Hi Alon,

just to make sure I understand correctly: the Schedule(Conflicts) page shows conflicts, but when you select one of the conflicts it won't show the conflicting shows ?

Yeah, doesn't tell me anything either. Can you please run the attached debug STV (with logging enabled) on a working client when there are conflicts shown, and select one conflict, and then run the STV on the machine that exhibts the issue and select the same conflicting airing ?

Yeah, the old Wiki site is no longer. There's a new one, and Nielm saved the old SageMC files, but nobody has resurrected it yet. Well, the old Wiki was pretty outdated anyway, and I don't have the time to remedy this situation anytime soon

Not sure what you mean by that, are you referring to the conflicts icon ? This is not clickable, if that's what you mean...

Dirk

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-23-2007, 11:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyRex View Post
I just had an idea for a feature I would like to see. I am experimenting with creating some custom aspect ratios to use with the HD extender, and have been using the "ASPECT" button on the remote to toggle between them. How about an option to display the name of the current aspect ratio on the screen when pressing the "ASPECT" button? Since several of the aspect ratios look the same (depending on the content, obviously) it would be nice to know which I am switching to...

Just a thought...
-Dan
Thx, will be added...

Dirk
Old 12-23-2007, 11:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thx, will be added...

Dirk
Awesome! I've been wanting this for a while (just never asked - my bad).

While you are looking at Aspect stuff, if you have time to mess with the SageMC version of the Auto Aspect Ratio plugin - there are some screens there that need to have scrolling enabled (to fit more than 4 aspect ratios). I know that you washed your hands of that (thanks for the initial work by the way) - but if you get bored that's something
Old 12-23-2007, 11:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Methinks I've opened a can of worms here.
Aloha,
Mike
Hey Mike,

So, since I know you are wondering what you could do to make the whole Icon thing even better ( ) - how about enabling a "zoom" function similar to the dock on OS X - ie the icon in focus gets larger than all the others.

That would be cool
Old 12-24-2007, 01:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Awesome! I've been wanting this for a while (just never asked - my bad).

While you are looking at Aspect stuff, if you have time to mess with the SageMC version of the Auto Aspect Ratio plugin - there are some screens there that need to have scrolling enabled (to fit more than 4 aspect ratios). I know that you washed your hands of that (thanks for the initial work by the way) - but if you get bored that's something
I agree, this is one of the better plugins available, and goes a long way towards improving the overall experience of the application. It would be really nice if it was cleaned up and rolled into the SageMC UI.

Also, I can't get it to work with 6.3.6 at all. Does anyone else have the auto aspect import working with SageMC?
Old 12-24-2007, 02:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Dirk, just so you know that Alon isn't crazy.. I've had the same issue. I didnt have a media extender. When I used to click on the conflict icon or go into sageMC's schedule/conflicts submenu, nothing would be listed.
The SageMC conflict system works fine for me. Even with 8 tuners, I occasionally get conflicts. I get into the conflict menu by going into Schedule and going into the conflict menu by changing the top let selector from ALL to CONFLICTS

Quote:
What's supposed to happen (I think) ...just like in the standard STV, you should be presented with a bunch of different ways to handle the conflict.
It does. It does work a little different that the standard UI, but it does work.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Question

Quote:
.....how about enabling a "zoom" function similar to the dock on OS X - ie the icon in focus gets larger than all the others....
I second this request, or allow for separate non-selected versus selected icons like what happens with the shutdown icon.

I have a problem with the full size genre icons when showing them in list view. I use the default selection bar. When I view genres by folder view, the icons are clear, and the selected folder is green--as it should be. But, when I use the list view, all icons appear green, so I can't tell which is selected. The icon images in the default GenreIcons folder appear to be clear, so I don't know what is wrong. I'm attaching pictures of problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg movies-folders.JPG (40.3 KB, 287 views)
File Type: jpg movies-list.JPG (49.3 KB, 263 views)
Old 12-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Sage User

Basic Question on using Sage MC

I mainly use this program via the Hauppage MVP and it works great. However, sometimes I do use it from the Server and I don't have a remote there. I can't seem to figure out how to stop viewing live TV or movies with my keyboard. I had to kill Sage TV in order stop. Is there a list somewhere that details what keys do what?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:27 AM
Sage Expert

Ctrl-G.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:40 AM
Sage User

Awesome, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgreco View Post
Ctrl-G.
Thanks for the reply. I knew there had to be a way to do that.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Okay, I have to ask... how do you manage to tie up all 8 tuners to get a conflict? I sometimes even add shows I dont even watch; and, still dont get the conflict icon.

When I was getting them, I don't think I ever saw it work correctly. I'm sure they do work, or other people would have noticed this too right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
The SageMC conflict system works fine for me. Even with 8 tuners, I occasionally get conflicts. I get into the conflict menu by going into Schedule and going into the conflict menu by changing the top let selector from ALL to CONFLICTS

It does. It does work a little different that the standard UI, but it does work.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Grooves12:

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12 View Post
I agree, this is one of the better plugins available, and goes a long way towards improving the overall experience of the application. It would be really nice if it was cleaned up and rolled into the SageMC UI.

Also, I can't get it to work with 6.3.6 at all. Does anyone else have the auto aspect import working with SageMC?
I can't get it to work either. Did a new full install of 6.3.6b & installed the Plug In that Dirk posted, but it just wont come up on the HD Extender. Works fine on the server tho.

But I diden't post anything because Dirk said there would be no further support from him, So I wanted to respect that, After all he works plent hard as it is!!!

Hopefully somebody with some skills will figure out whats up & get it functioning!!

- Bruce
Server: Intel DH55HC MB, Intel Core i5-661 CPU, 4 GB Corsair PC3 10666 RAM, 2 Ceton InfiniTV 4s (Comcast), RocketRAID 2740 16PORT SAS 6.0Gb Controller, 2.56TB TV Storage (4 WD Caviar Black 640GB SATA 6.0Gb Drives), 8.5TB Movie Storage, Norco 4220 Case, Corsair HX750 PS, W7 Professional (Windows Media Center), TunerSalad Foot Long, My Channel Logos, & MYMovies.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:12 AM
SageTVaholic

It works on the HD Extender - you have to load it into an STV on the server (which creates some SageMC_16x9-x.xml file) and then load THAT .xml STV onto your HD Extender.

btl.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hi Banjo, the user "real_per" already suggested the below information for translation last time you asked. Sorry, I cant help any more:

http://sage.tv/2_papers/i18n.txt

It seems there's a few steps involved, including some info from flachbar.
Hi, and thanks,

I saw that but it is for SageTv is it the same for SAGEMC??
i could see any info on SageMC.

Thanks again for the Help
Old 12-24-2007, 11:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
It works on the HD Extender - you have to load it into an STV on the server (which creates some SageMC_16x9-x.xml file) and then load THAT .xml STV onto your HD Extender.

btl.
Thanks Bialio !

That got it

Went into my Server & checked to see which SageMC it was using (4), Then loaded that on the HD Extender & Eureka !!!

WAF is now 120%

Thanks !!!

- Bruce
Server: Intel DH55HC MB, Intel Core i5-661 CPU, 4 GB Corsair PC3 10666 RAM, 2 Ceton InfiniTV 4s (Comcast), RocketRAID 2740 16PORT SAS 6.0Gb Controller, 2.56TB TV Storage (4 WD Caviar Black 640GB SATA 6.0Gb Drives), 8.5TB Movie Storage, Norco 4220 Case, Corsair HX750 PS, W7 Professional (Windows Media Center), TunerSalad Foot Long, My Channel Logos, & MYMovies.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Okay, I have to ask... how do you manage to tie up all 8 tuners to get a conflict? I sometimes even add shows I dont even watch; and, still dont get the conflict icon.
I don't have to tie up 8 tuners to get a conflict. All 8 tuners don't have access to the same content. I only have one firewired STB and it is the only one that can record my digital and premium channels (except for digital locals via HDHR). With only that one tuner, I get conflicts occasionally. Although with most cable programming running multiple times a day, conflicts are rare.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Hi Alon,

Dirk
Thanks for your response.
One thing that you said trigerred everything for me, you said that the conflicts button is not clickable. Well I also loaded up the toolbar for sagemc, and that makes the conflicts button clickable, and shows a screen with conflict resolution.

That screen was not working for me on the main sage client/server (I do not have an MVP) and I now realize why you are not familiar with it. I will point my questions to the other thread, thanks.
SageTV Client 6.3.5 , AMD 3000, 1024Mb, Saphire x1600Pro256HDMI, java 1.6.1

Using Nielm's Web server 2.22
Old 12-24-2007, 02:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Now that you mention it, I didn't stop seeing conflicts until I got my second USB'ed STB for premium channels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
I don't have to tie up 8 tuners to get a conflict. All 8 tuners don't have access to the same content. I only have one firewired STB and it is the only one that can record my digital and premium channels (except for digital locals via HDHR). With only that one tuner, I get conflicts occasionally. Although with most cable programming running multiple times a day, conflicts are rare.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker

In the image above, how can I get rid of the select 'My Menu' text?

Also this is a submenu screen and pressing left on the farthest left icon does not wrap, but instead takes me back to the main menu. I have 'left as back' disabled in the SageMC options.

And on a side note, there is a 'weather folder' in the SageMCE folder. What is that used for? As far as I can tell SageMC is using the icons in the ' WeatherIcons' folder one level up.

I know the main menu and submenus use the same amount of rows and columns for the menu. Is there a way for the items to always be centered? For example, the above image has a row of four icons. This is a submenu. The main menu only has 3 icons. Can those 3 icons be spaced the same as they are now but the group of them get centered horizontally? Right now those 3 main menu icons are 'justified' left.

Last edited by kricker; 12-24-2007 at 11:03 PM.
Closed Thread