SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Sage Icon

Pretty cool Ted.

I also like the idea of having the Guide a selection from the main menu.

Where did you get the other icon graphics from?
Old 12-21-2007, 11:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Looks really nice Ted. I'm glad to see people can now be more creative with sageTV's looks.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-21-2007, 02:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Looks really nice Ted. I'm glad to see people can now be more creative with sageTV's looks.
We should start a SageMC screen shot thread for folks to show off their customizations.

We (meaning mike and dirk ) should also create a way to export / import these customizations - so that if I like the look of geogecko's latest layout, it can be imported automatically. Maybe as an STVi?

You guys do get paid for this right?

btl.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
We should start a SageMC screen shot thread for folks to show off their customizations.
Methinks I've opened a can of worms here.

Quote:
We (meaning mike and dirk ) should also create a way to export / import these customizations - so that if I like the look of geogecko's latest layout, it can be imported automatically. Maybe as an STVi?
Everything is set in the sage(client).properties file. I'll have to talk to Dirk about exporting and importing these settings via a text file. It should be possible but no promises and it is very low on the priority list.

Quote:

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-21-2007, 02:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Everything is set in the sage(client).properties file. I'll have to talk to Dirk about exporting and importing these settings via a text file.
Nice thing about this would be that once we have one that we like, we could save it off and then restore it later (after an upgrade? or after playing around looking for another cool layout )

btl.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
While this was indeed a joke - I wonder how many current Sage users wouldn't be using Sage if it weren't for SageMC? I know I'm in that boat....

Maybe some royalties from big brother are not that out of line.....

For what it's worth - you guys rock.

btl.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryttingm View Post
I am seeing similar issues that others are seeing where everytime I start watching a show my autoskip is disabled. I've tried all the suggestions I've found in this thread with no success. I am seeing the following from my log though. Maybe this will help shed some light.

Thu 12/20 22:21:22.536 isRec=true rd=6682533 base=5348353
Thu 12/20 22:21:22.538 VF thread is now waiting for 1:30:51.394
Thu 12/20 22:21:22.562 Parsing Error: Undefined Method sagemc_Comskip_autoSkip

Expression: comautoskip = sagemc_Comskip_autoSkip(Airing)
Thu 12/20 22:21:22.563 airing=MediaFile[id=311699 A[239349,239096,"NBA Basketball",11164@1220.20:30,150] host=htpc encodedBy=Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture Best format=MPEG2-PS 0:00:00 0 kbps [#0 Video[MPEG2-Video 29.97 fps 720x480 4:3 6000 kbps interlaced]#1 Audio[MP2 48000 Hz 2 channels 384 kbps]] G:\SageTV Recordings\NBABasketball-HoustonRocketsatDenverNuggets-239349-0.mpg, Seg0[Thu 12/20 20:30:00.003-Wed 12/31 17:00:00.000]]
Thu 12/20 22:21:22.566 comautoskip=false
Ok, I'm pretty sure I've got the latest sagemc.jar installed. I am still seeing this error in the logs. Is the sagemc_Comskip_autoSkip method actually defined in sagemc.jar or perhaps another location? I also thought it bizarre that every other feature of 6.3.6 was working including animations/ icon based main menus without having loaded the correct sagemc.jar. I will keep digging for more answers.

-Mike
Old 12-21-2007, 03:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah, it would make too much sense if it were Alt-F.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
You can remap it to anything you want.
Quote:
Really? How?
Go to

Settings >> Detailed Setup >> Commands >> Link Infrared/Keystroke to SageTV Command

And have fun!

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

btl.
LOL. Well, do you actually know what my latest is? Guess I better upload it...again...

I think once we can move the time bar, disk bar, and RSS Ticker bar around, things are really going to get interesting. In fact, it's starting to look like a widget front end.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Ok, I'm pretty sure I've got the latest sagemc.jar installed. I am still seeing this error in the logs. Is the sagemc_Comskip_autoSkip method actually defined in sagemc.jar or perhaps another location? I also thought it bizarre that every other feature of 6.3.6 was working including animations/ icon based main menus without having loaded the correct sagemc.jar. I will keep digging for more answers.

-Mike
I shutdown the tv service and the ui and installed the full install of 6.3.6b to see if I missed anything. I am still getting this method undefined error. Is the code for SageMC open source? Is there a location I can download it to look through it a bit.

-Mike
Old 12-21-2007, 03:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I shutdown the tv service and the ui and installed the full install of 6.3.6b to see if I missed anything. I am still getting this method undefined error. Is the code for SageMC open source? Is there a location I can download it to look through it a bit.

-Mike
Mike, which java version are you using ? Check what's displayed in the Settings menu in the right info pane. And what's the size and date of the sagemc.jar file in your JARs directory ? Very strange indeed...

Dirk
Old 12-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Mike, which java version are you using ? Check what's displayed in the Settings menu in the right info pane. And what's the size and date of the sagemc.jar file in your JARs directory ? Very strange indeed...

Dirk
Size is 44 KB and is dated 12/15/2007 at 6:27pm. This date matches the size and timestamp of the jar in the zip package available for download. I am also running version 1.6.0_03 of java.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Way to go Geogecko!

I sincerely hope you dont mind criticism... for your next revision, you might consider making it less cluttered. Resizing things would help. Sometimes less is more.

I must say, I would have never thought of arranging the menu items like Ted. He was able to comfortably display 9 menu items with room for other things.

Mike/Dirk: You guys should start a new thread for some awesome SageMC screenshots like this.. and others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
LOL. Well, do you actually know what my latest is? Guess I better upload it...again...

I think once we can move the time bar, disk bar, and RSS Ticker bar around, things are really going to get interesting. In fact, it's starting to look like a widget front end.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-21-2007, 04:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Size is 44 KB and is dated 12/15/2007 at 6:27pm. This date matches the size and timestamp of the jar in the zip package available for download. I am also running version 1.6.0_03 of java.
I think I discovered the problem. I was looking at the classpath variable set in the log. It was pointing to sagemc.jar and sagemc1.4.jar. I think I installed the java 1.4 version of sagemc some time back and never removed it. I deleted the sagemc1.4.jar from the JARs directory and my problem went away. woot! Now, should this cause a problem? or is there some weird interaction between the sagemc and sagemc1.4 jars.

-Mike
Old 12-21-2007, 04:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
While this was indeed a joke - I wonder how many current Sage users wouldn't be using Sage if it weren't for SageMC? I know I'm in that boat....

Maybe some royalties from big brother are not that out of line.....

For what it's worth - you guys rock.

btl.
same boat. here here!
Old 12-21-2007, 05:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I think I discovered the problem. I was looking at the classpath variable set in the log. It was pointing to sagemc.jar and sagemc1.4.jar. I think I installed the java 1.4 version of sagemc some time back and never removed it. I deleted the sagemc1.4.jar from the JARs directory and my problem went away. woot! Now, should this cause a problem? or is there some weird interaction between the sagemc and sagemc1.4 jars.

-Mike
Darn, should have thought of this earlier...

Yes, it will cause problems, because the class is defined in both JAR files (but the 1.4 is missing the method in question), and java will randomly pick up one or the other.

Glad we figured it out.

Dirk
Old 12-21-2007, 06:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
I'm thinking the same thing. Now when i'm going through SageMC i'm thinking... hey, what else can we make into a widget for the main menu? Could future SageMC development/plug-ins be done exclusivly in through widgets that could be added at will to custom screens? I may have to do some digging/prototyping while i'm home for the holidays. I think an intersting goal would be to see what it would take to make an STVi that would add an "Upcoming Recordings List" widget to the main screen.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Actually, I have 12 items, the bottom three that you have to scroll down to are ones I only need infrequently. I did away with the "My Menu" entirely. Also did away with the "My TV" from the top 9, it's one of the lower three.

I also really appreciated being able to change some of the font faces and sizes. Of course, that credit goes to SageTV I believe. It would be nice to have additional flexibility with that as there are currently only four or five categories of fonts and the labels of the main screen buttons are tied to the date and several other things in the GUI.

Oh, and I kind of made the other graphics - I'm guessing Mike won't mind, but I used his TV for my "guide" icon and I found a marqui I liked for my Show Times icon. I combined two for the Web Radio icon. If you want them, I've included them. I suspect that Mike can do a better job than this, but he might be busy what with twins and all!!

Thanks, guys, for all your efforts. I'm really enjoying things!

Ted
Attached Images
File Type: png hover_my tv2.png (183.8 KB, 280 views)
File Type: png hover_showtimes.png (208.1 KB, 277 views)
File Type: png hover_web radio.png (301.6 KB, 259 views)
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just had an idea for a feature I would like to see. I am experimenting with creating some custom aspect ratios to use with the HD extender, and have been using the "ASPECT" button on the remote to toggle between them. How about an option to display the name of the current aspect ratio on the screen when pressing the "ASPECT" button? Since several of the aspect ratios look the same (depending on the content, obviously) it would be nice to know which I am switching to...

Just a thought...
-Dan
Old 12-21-2007, 08:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes, I agree we ultimately need to look at the bigger picture instead of focusing so much on changing the main menu. People are changing their main menu so much, it doesnt even match the rest of the SageMC submenu, plugins, addon, etc.

I'm very picky about the consistency and style of all my screens. I personally, could never have my main screen look different look and feel than the rest of my sageMC. I'm sure Dirk and Mike will eventually evolve sageMC themes to support widgets throughout all screens and imports for sageMC (including upcoming recordings, MyTV, Slimplayer, Movietimes, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
I'm thinking the same thing. Now when i'm going through SageMC i'm thinking... hey, what else can we make into a widget for the main menu? Could future SageMC development/plug-ins be done exclusivly in through widgets that could be added at will to custom screens? I may have to do some digging/prototyping while i'm home for the holidays. I think an intersting goal would be to see what it would take to make an STVi that would add an "Upcoming Recordings List" widget to the main screen.

***RIP SageTV***
Closed Thread