SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 07:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
All I can say is that the Winamp visualization has never stopped working for me (though I never updated Winamp, still using 5.21), I'm using it since day one. Couldn't imagine music without Milkdrop, one reason I wouldn't want to replace my living room client, not even with a HD extender...

Dirk
Well, you know, it did seem like it stopped working after an update to Winamp. I have located and downloaded version 5.21, and will try and install that version and get things working. I really do miss it.

I guess that is one thing I will miss if I end up replacing the HTPC client in the living room with an HD extender. I'm still playing around with it, and it does seem to have some issues I'm not sure about. But, interestingly enough, I played an HD show using it, while over a 54G connection, and the only thing not working was sound, so that seems pretty impressive. Once I upgrade my network, everything will probably work more smoothly.

One thing I did notice was that if I viewed an HD show, then stopped the show, the UI was in some weird state (the left and right side were cut off), but then if I went and viewed an SD show, then stopped playback, the UI was back to normal! This was with native aspect mode on...
Old 12-18-2007, 01:32 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Quote:
Mike provided a small update that fixes a few issues in 6.3.6:

- fixed preview window alignment issue in the guide
- added current weather conditions to the weatherbar forecast view
- fixed the icon based menu to allow up to 10 columns

v6.3.6a can be downloaded in the Download section (dev version only, the full install has not been updated yet)

Dirk
I don't know if this was an answer to me, but I tried the latest DEV update, and I get the same black screen.

MikeJaner
Old 12-18-2007, 01:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner View Post
Latest version of SageTV and the ui shut down:
All of this I did on the Desktop machine. After loading the STV, I got a jumbled screen. I then shut down the UI, and started it again. I now get a black background and white lettering, in the SageMC ui, but with now highlight bar, so I can't tell what's going on. What did I do wrong??????
Make sure you are running the latest Java v1.6.0_3 and make sure you install the full SageMC package. If it hasn't been updated to 6.3.6a yet, then you will have to install the update over it as well. From there, start sage and load up the STV. That should do it. (I hope)

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Sage Icon

That's what I did.
Last night, installed full package.
Today, extracted the update over top.
Started SageTV

Also, updated to newest Java today.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
WOW. What a really sweet release. This really opens up the possiblites for some great new looks. Thanks alot guys

Now for a few things I noticed.

I guess the layout for the menu is shared by any sub menus? So the main menu and each submenu do not have there own settings? Would it be possible that they can?

I turned off the title graphic on the main menu, but it still shows up on the submenus. Can I make it go away here as well? Honestly, I'd like to make it go away on every screen if I could.

I turned off 'left as back', but in the submenu (when setup as a single row of icons) pressing left on the icon furthest left goes back to the main menu. Also pressing left on the weatherbar in a submenu (which I left in the bottom right corner) also jumps back to the main menu.

On the settings screen there used to be a button to go to 'video sources setup'. This is now gone (was also gone in 6.3.5) so there is no direct way to do this. You have to go to detail setup then back out to the setup menu.
Mike/Dirk,
I know you are looking into the wrapping issue, but any idea on these other questions?
Old 12-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Mike / Dirk:

Fantastic New Release !!!

The WAF of the Icons is through the roof !!

Just one thing needed ...

Mike Oh Guru of Graphics !!! (grovels & offers up virtual whole roast suckling pig) We need a cool Icon for the Online options !!.

Also likely some other Icons that I have not yet run across the need for yet,

Again Wonderful Job guys !!!!

Bruce
Server: Intel DH55HC MB, Intel Core i5-661 CPU, 4 GB Corsair PC3 10666 RAM, 2 Ceton InfiniTV 4s (Comcast), RocketRAID 2740 16PORT SAS 6.0Gb Controller, 2.56TB TV Storage (4 WD Caviar Black 640GB SATA 6.0Gb Drives), 8.5TB Movie Storage, Norco 4220 Case, Corsair HX750 PS, W7 Professional (Windows Media Center), TunerSalad Foot Long, My Channel Logos, & MYMovies.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Sage Expert

Vista MCE-like Main Menu

I think the new version is a great step in the right direction of making the menuing very intuitive... well done! I recently noticed Media Portal has released a preview of their new Media Portal II version which is a complete re-write of functionality for them. It looks like they are using similar menuing that Vista Menus use (and even newer Sony TVs and Playstation 3) where you can scroll up and down, and then left and right for sub-options within a main option.

I hope one day SageTV's default STV or even SageMC can do something like this...!

See below for an image of Media Portal II from their website:
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 12-18-2007, 03:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95TBird View Post
Just one thing needed ...

Mike Oh Guru of Graphics !!! (grovels & offers up virtual whole roast suckling pig) We need a cool Icon for the Online options !!.

Also likely some other Icons that I have not yet run across the need for yet,
Homer: Are you saying you're never going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Ham?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Pork chops?
Lisa: Dad, those all come from the same animal.
Homer: Heh heh heh. Ooh, yeah, right, Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal.

Mmmmmm....

On a slightly more serious note, I have a sad empty place for an icon on my main menu where Online Services should go as well. Guess I'm gonna have to do something about that.

BTW, if you guys haven't seen them, there were a couple of nice icon sets by hoclau for Meedio that might come in handy.

http://hoclau.deviantart.com/gallery/

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
On a slightly more serious note, I have a sad empty place for an icon on my main menu where Online Services should go as well. Guess I'm gonna have to do something about that.

BTW, if you guys haven't seen them, there were a couple of nice icon sets by hoclau for Meedio that might come in handy.

http://hoclau.deviantart.com/gallery/

Aloha,
Mike
LOL, well, I have several menu items that need an icon , at least 6-8 different ones...but as far as the main menu, I just need one for a sub menu (I just call it "Menu" on the main menu).

Interesting icons for Meedio. Might be kind of interesting to have live pictures as icons, but they can tend to be a bit busier than pure animated ones...
Old 12-18-2007, 03:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
I think the new version is a great step in the right direction of making the menuing very intuitive... well done! I recently noticed Media Portal has released a preview of their new Media Portal II version which is a complete re-write of functionality for them. It looks like they are using similar menuing that Vista Menus use (and even newer Sony TVs and Playstation 3) where you can scroll up and down, and then left and right for sub-options within a main option.

I hope one day SageTV's default STV or even SageMC can do something like this...!

See below for an image of Media Portal II from their website:

I also like the new icon setup feature in SageMC and saw the Vista Media scrolling up and down and sideway for sub menus. I hope SageMC adapts the similar feature one day as well too.

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 12-18-2007, 05:33 PM
Sage Icon

SageMC is definately broken.

I came home from work today, thinking I was wrong somehow, and was missing something so I did a basic test.

I downloaded the latest version of SageTV 6.3 and installed it.
I ran Sagetv and configured the options, like Country, prefs, etc..... to get to the home screen, then configured a tuner from my HDHR.
I then shutdown the service, and shut the SageTV client window.
I proceeded to download the latest FULL version of SageMC.
I also downloaded the latest PATCH of SageMC
I then extracted the FULL version of SageMC to c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv
I then extracted the patch for SageMC to c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv
Next I started up SageTV service
After this I started up the SageTV GUI
I navigated to the Settings to change the Theme and selected SageMC 16X9
Drumroll please.....
Black Screen with White Lettering!!!!!!!!

This is not a faulty installation. I followed the directions to a T with a virgin install on a laptop which had nothing on it before SageTV. There is definately something wrong with the zip or the config files for SageMC. Please help, and verify yourselves, before I go crazy!!
Old 12-18-2007, 05:38 PM
Sage Icon

Mike/Dirk, could this still be an issue with the background? I know at one point, if you had an alternative background selected, it had results similar to this, IIRC...
Old 12-18-2007, 05:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
SageMC is definately broken.

I navigated to the Settings to change the Theme and selected SageMC 16X9
Drumroll please.....
Black Screen with White Lettering!!!!!!!!

This is not a faulty installation. I followed the directions to a T with a virgin install on a laptop which had nothing on it before SageTV. There is definately something wrong with the zip or the config files for SageMC. Please help, and verify yourselves, before I go crazy!!
When you say "I navigated to the Settings to change the Theme", you do mean "navigated to Setup >> Detailed Setup >> Advanced >> SageTV Application Package(.STV or .XML File)", right?
Old 12-18-2007, 06:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That's what I did.
Last night, installed full package.
Today, extracted the update over top.
Started SageTV

Also, updated to newest Java today.
When you did your full reinstall, did you delete your *.properies file? There could be lingering settings in there from old versions that are causing your issues.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
There is definately something wrong with the zip or the config files for SageMC. Please help, and verify yourselves, before I go crazy!!

Before I released the new version I went through the exercise of creating a MS Virtual PC VM with Windows XP, installed a vanilla SageTV 6.3, and the SageMC 6.3.6 full download package. Everything worked fine right away, so I don't think there's anything wrong with the zip or config files. Please provide some debug logs, maybe they will give some clues...

Dirk
Old 12-18-2007, 06:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
The RSS reader is set to use nielm's text browser plugin (incorporated in the last release) but you haven't set it up yet. You should be able to go into the RSS settings and change the browser to external or follow nielm's instructions for setting up the text browser.

Aloha,
Mike
One change in this version was that if you set your RSS reader to "external", it will use the command file 'rss_reader.cmd' in the SageMCE folder to launch the browser.

Dirk
Old 12-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
When you say "I navigated to the Settings to change the Theme", you do mean "navigated to Setup >> Detailed Setup >> Advanced >> SageTV Application Package(.STV or .XML File)", right?
Yes Exactly that, SageMC_169.xml

Quote:
When you did your full reinstall, did you delete your *.properies file? There could be lingering settings in there from old versions that are causing your issues.
No, I didn't, but that's why I built up a SageTV installation from scratch on my Laptop tonight. I eliminated any lingering config issues with a virgin install.

Quote:
Before I released the new version I went through the exercise of creating a MS Virtual PC VM with Windows XP, installed a vanilla SageTV 6.3, and the SageMC 6.3.6 full download package. Everything worked fine right away, so I don't think there's anything wrong with the zip or config files. Please provide some debug logs, maybe they will give some clues...
I am at a loss then, because I did exactly what you just did and got the same results as on my server upstairs in a completely independant situation. Did you install the update too? I was told to install the update over top, so I didn't check with just the full install.
How would you like me to provide debug info.
I can even have you share a remote connection with me if you want to see, what I am doing to show you.
MikeJaner
Old 12-18-2007, 06:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diginerd View Post

So, my request is (& I don't know if this is actually possible):-

Could we please have metadata for folders containing multiple airings of the same movie?

Thanks for making the most rocking STV ever..
In the SageTV database the metadata is tied to the airing, so if you have multiple airings then there will be multiple instances of metadata, so I really wouldn't know what to display in this case...

Dirk
Old 12-18-2007, 06:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Did you install the update too? I was told to install the update over top, so I didn't check with just the full install.
How would you like me to provide debug info.
Installing the update should not make any difference. For generating a debug log see the link in my signature. Please attach the log file as well as your Sage properties file to a post here in the thread.

Dirk
Old 12-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Sage Icon

I am an idiot......

I swear, the Java update icon, which wanted me to update last night, was clicked, and I clicked on Update Now or whatever it wanted me to do......
Apparently it didn't update.

I also didn't update it in my test scenario... so I did do exactly what I did last night.

I went back and manually ran the latest version off of the Sun site, and low and behold, it works now. You can stop wasting your time on me with this. Anyways, now you know for anybody who complains in the future with a black screen and white lettering.
Even the version of Sun installed by SageTV 6.3 is not up to date enough.

MikeJaner
Closed Thread