SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 11:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleboyd View Post
Does the deria winamp plug in still work with Sage MC? I haven't used it before and I am having some trouble.

The instructions with the Winamp plugin are very vague. It says that the plugin is "supported" by SageMC but doesn't say how you activate it. I unzipped into SageTV and I followed steps 7 - 9 in the readme.txt to modify Winamp and I added the line about "use plugin = true" to sage.properties... but nothing seems to be working. If I change the visualization option to "winamp" I get a black screen and SageMC freezes. I verified that Winamp is actually working and the visualizations are displaying outside of Sage.

Can someone point me to the post where the install instructions for Sage MC are detailed? Nothing turned up on a search and 250+ pages is a lot to go thru.

Thanks

SageMC 6.35
Java 1.6.3
I used it back when it worked, but for the last, probably 8 months or more, it hasn't ever worked for me, other than playing the music in winamp. I gave up trying to get the visualization to work, as either no one was having the same issue I was having, or it didn't work for anyone else. I really wish it still worked, because I really liked having Milkdrop...
Old 12-17-2007, 12:36 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
WOW. What a really sweet release. This really opens up the possiblites for some great new looks. Thanks alot guys

Now for a few things I noticed.

I guess the layout for the menu is shared by any sub menus? So the main menu and each submenu do not have there own settings? Would it be possible that they can?

I turned off the title graphic on the main menu, but it still shows up on the submenus. Can I make it go away here as well? Honestly, I'd like to make it go away on every screen if I could.

I turned off 'left as back', but in the submenu (when setup as a single row of icons) pressing left on the icon furthest left goes back to the main menu. Also pressing left on the weatherbar in a submenu (which I left in the bottom right corner) also jumps back to the main menu.

On the settings screen there used to be a button to go to 'video sources setup'. This is now gone (was also gone in 6.3.5) so there is no direct way to do this. You have to go to detail setup then back out to the setup menu.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
I used it back when it worked, but for the last, probably 8 months or more, it hasn't ever worked for me, other than playing the music in winamp. I gave up trying to get the visualization to work, as either no one was having the same issue I was having, or it didn't work for anyone else. I really wish it still worked, because I really liked having Milkdrop...
I'm the exact opposite - I never used to be able to get it to work, but I tried again when I upgraded to the last new version of Sage/SageMC, and it worked perfectly, even solving some problems I had with MP3s that wouldn't play using Sage's player.

My server is in the middle of a rebuild ATM (dual core... mmmmm) and I'll be upgrading to the newest SageTV/MC, I really hope winamp continues to work...
Old 12-17-2007, 07:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom View Post
I'm the exact opposite - I never used to be able to get it to work, but I tried again when I upgraded to the last new version of Sage/SageMC, and it worked perfectly, even solving some problems I had with MP3s that wouldn't play using Sage's player.

My server is in the middle of a rebuild ATM (dual core... mmmmm) and I'll be upgrading to the newest SageTV/MC, I really hope winamp continues to work...
I wonder what happened then... I tried to troubleshoot it, but never got any responses to my posts. What version of Winamp are you using?
Old 12-17-2007, 08:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Has anyone tried using the auto aspect ratio (SageMC version) with the new version of SageMC (6.3.6)? It isn't working for me, but I have only tried on the HD Extender.

Love the new version!

Question : is there a way make it scroll from bottom to top automatically? For instance, if I have a single vertical column of the main menu icons, I can scroll from TV down to Menu, but then pressing down again goes nowhere. It'd be nice it if rolled up to the top again.

It actually works that way on a single horizontal row.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Question : is there a way make it scroll from bottom to top automatically? For instance, if I have a single vertical column of the main menu icons, I can scroll from TV down to Menu, but then pressing down again goes nowhere. It'd be nice it if rolled up to the top again.

That works on a single horizontal row for you? It doesn't for me. Maybe it has something to do with how you have it configured. For instance, I have 7 menu items, but I only used a single row of 6, so it has to scroll for one of the menu items. Do you have all your menu items shown?
Old 12-17-2007, 09:09 AM
SageTVaholic

I have 5 configured, and all 5 are visible. I also got rid of the Close button, so it doesn't get navigated to any - I never used it so it's nice to be able to get rid of it!

What I'd like to do is a setup one column with 2 rows and and scroll up and down thru the main menu items in a circular fashion. I'd post a picture but I haven't figured out how to do that on the forums!

btl.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:14 AM
Sage Icon

I'll try configuring it for a 7 columns, and see if that works. I want to kind of hide the 7th item, as that is my sub menu, that I only use, so that way, it stays out of sight.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
That works on a single horizontal row for you? It doesn't for me. Maybe it has something to do with how you have it configured. For instance, I have 7 menu items, but I only used a single row of 6, so it has to scroll for one of the menu items. Do you have all your menu items shown?
That doesn't work for me either, and I tried it with 4 and 5 and 6. I also had an issue that at first the menu wouldn't scale, then I turned off the text in icon mode and it worked from then on. I also noticed when I set the number of items in the row to 10 (the max) the icons disappeared.

I can't wait 'til I get more time to play with this and make my own graphics. This is the most exciting new potential for looks a STV has had in a loooong time.

Last edited by kricker; 12-17-2007 at 09:25 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:30 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Has anyone tried using the auto aspect ratio (SageMC version) with the new version of SageMC (6.3.6)? It isn't working for me, but I have only tried on the HD Extender.
Where can the auto aspect ratio be found in the menu's or is on by default ?

Great update
Old 12-17-2007, 09:58 AM
SageTVaholic

There is an STVi import floating around somewhere that flachbar threw together to get the auto aspect ratio working in SageMC. So you have to import that .xml file before the auto aspect ratio options show up. It was working in 6.3.5. I haven't got it working yet in 6.3.6, but I haven't tried too hard......
Old 12-17-2007, 10:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
I have 5 configured, and all 5 are visible. I also got rid of the Close button, so it doesn't get navigated to any - I never used it so it's nice to be able to get rid of it!

What I'd like to do is a setup one column with 2 rows and and scroll up and down thru the main menu items in a circular fashion. I'd post a picture but I haven't figured out how to do that on the forums!

btl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
That doesn't work for me either, and I tried it with 4 and 5 and 6. I also had an issue that at first the menu wouldn't scale, then I turned off the text in icon mode and it worked from then on. I also noticed when I set the number of items in the row to 10 (the max) the icons disappeared.
I'll definitely take a look at these issues. For now the icon based menu supports a maximum of a 6 x 6 array, though I could increase it slightly if required.

BTW, I added the current conditions to the forecast weatherbar view last night.

Aloha,
Mike

Edit: Ok, I see part of the problem. The max number of columns is listed as 10, but I only programmed 6. (That's what I get for copying code from another screen). How many columns is a reasonable maximum? Should I increase it to 10? I just tried a bunch on configurations on my machine and I didn't have any of the navigation issues. I'll keep trying to see if I can reproduce them.

Last edited by MeInMaui; 12-17-2007 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

5.5, I think. Or maybe one just before (which for some reason I think was 5.3). I'm in the process of setting up 5.5 right now though, hopefully it will work when I get from work tonight.

This computer build has easily been the single most frustrating one of all time for me. Started on saturday and I'm STILL not done...
Old 12-17-2007, 12:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Part of the navigation issue that I'm seeing (not wrapping vertically) has always been there in SageMC. In the Text version of the menu, pressing down from the the last menu item (My Menu by default) results either in a no-op, or weather / preview window getting the focus. But it never wrapped vertically for me.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Part of the navigation issue that I'm seeing (not wrapping vertically) has always been there in SageMC. In the Text version of the menu, pressing down from the the last menu item (My Menu by default) results either in a no-op, or weather / preview window getting the focus. But it never wrapped vertically for me.
Ah, now I understand. This behavior is by design. I disabled all wrapping in the icon menu as well so that it would be possible to navigate to the other menu components. However, I might be able to add options to customize horizontal and vertical wrapping. I'll take a look at it when I get the chance, but for now it is a bit lower priority than some other issues.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Ah, now I understand. This behavior is by design. I disabled all wrapping in the icon menu as well so that it would be possible to navigate to the other menu components. However, I might be able to add options to customize horizontal and vertical wrapping. I'll take a look at it when I get the chance, but for now it is a bit lower priority than some other issues.

Aloha,
Mike
Yeah I'd love to be able to wrap left/right or up/down and not let other items take focus unless I specifically move that direction. So if my menu is a horizontal one it stays in the menu with left/right, then up/down goes to other items such as preview or weather. I can see how this might get complicated though based on the variety of layouts that can now be done.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Sage Icon

Oh, yeah, that makes perfect since now...depending on how people have it configured, one person may not be able to get to the weather/ticker bar...

Thinking out loud here, one way to fix it, might be to add an option to the main menu that is something like, "Off Main Menu Selection Method." Then, the options could be something like vertical or horizontal. The only issue would be if someone wanted to have dual rows or dual columns...
Old 12-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Sage Icon

LOL!
Old 12-17-2007, 07:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I can't even tell if Winamp is playing the MP3 or not. Is there some obvious way to know this? Do I have to import something to activate this plug in? Like I said - the instructions are VERY vague about what you have to do to make it work.. can you give some direction?

In the meanwhile - I got my HD extender today so I am sufficiently sidetracked to let this go for the moment. oooooooo -- shiny!

Thanks!
Old 12-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleboyd View Post
In the meanwhile - I got my HD extender today so I am sufficiently sidetracked to let this go for the moment. oooooooo -- shiny!

Thanks!
Me too, so we may have to get together later on this...

I'm a bit disappointed so far, it doesn't seem to play well with my 16x10 computer monitor. It cuts the left part of the screen off, when set to 720p, and goes completely blank when I select 1080p...