SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 07:05 PM
SageTVaholic

I dont feel comfortable blatantly distributing it in public. I'm pretty sure its copyrighted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
So how about posting the file here or on the downloads page? Pretty please.

Jesse

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hi,

First off, I have not had a chance to upgrade to 6.3.6, so maybe this issue will have been fixed with the latest version, but I saw nothing in the 6.3.6 release notes about this. I have started using one of the new HD extenders and I have noticed that output resolution in Detailed Setup > Multimedia always says 960 x 540 no matter what I set it to. The tv is 720p and the menus using SageMC are noticeably less sharp than the menus in the default STV. I am thinking the output resolution is the cause.

I have also noticed that the option for "Native Output Resolution Switching" is missing in SageMC. Will the setting I select in the default STV stick when using SageMC?

Thanks for any info/help.

Jesse
HD300 X1
Old 12-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I dont feel comfortable blatantly distributing it in public. I'm pretty sure its copyrighted.
Fair enough. Thanks anyway.

Jesse
HD300 X1
Old 12-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Sage Expert

New to STV - switching from BTV.

I wanted to install SageMC, followed the instructions and extracted the files to default sage directory. went into sage interface and changed it to sagemc16x9.xml or whatever the file name is.

when its updated: the background was black, brings up a list. I cannot see the icons. when I press down, the item selected does not get larger or lets me know that I have selected. I am completely confuse at this point.

Is there a configuration wiki or web page I can read to figure out how to configure SageMC?
Old 12-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Sage Icon

Try shutting down Sage and starting it again. If you installed the full version, that usually fixes it.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Sage Icon

BTW, I fixed the problem with Autocomskip. I disabled it and re-enabled it in the SageMC options and now it's picking it up every time.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I'll look into it for the next version. I just don't want the weather display getting too cluttered. It's already borderline in that view.

Yeah, current temp + forecast would be perfection
Old 12-16-2007, 08:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergq View Post
New to STV - switching from BTV.

I wanted to install SageMC, followed the instructions and extracted the files to default sage directory. went into sage interface and changed it to sagemc16x9.xml or whatever the file name is.

when its updated: the background was black, brings up a list. I cannot see the icons. when I press down, the item selected does not get larger or lets me know that I have selected. I am completely confuse at this point.

Is there a configuration wiki or web page I can read to figure out how to configure SageMC?
SageTV has to be restarted in order to load the new jar files. I'm pretty sure that is what is happening.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-16-2007, 08:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayN View Post
I installed sagemc_6_3_5_full and loaded it. If I put a dvd into the d drive and click on Play DVD, nothing happens. The screen flashes for a moment, but the dvd doesn't start.

Is there a way I can attach a command to the Play DVD button so that it will launch the TheaterTek player?

I managed to create a button on My Menu submenu which launches TheaterTek, but I would much prefer launching it from the main screen Play DVD

If I go back to the standard Sage interface, Play DVD works fine although I don't know which player it is using.

Suggestions?
Yep, enable the external DVD player in the SageMC options (External Programs), and edit dvd_player.cmd in the SageMCE directory.

Dirk
Old 12-16-2007, 08:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobarsteward View Post
I know I fixed this before in an older version of SageMC but I've just installed SageMC 6.3.6 and the folder structure of my imported is no longer present. All of my imported videos are visible when I gop into my video whereas before, They were organised in the folders that I have them organised on my files servers. I've searched this thread (My is it getting long now!) and can't find anything. I seem to remember installing a patch to fix it last time.
Nope, there isn't any patch needed. I see you're using the lastest SageTV version, so this reason can be ruled out. If you enable debug logging, do you see any errors in the log ?

Dirk
Old 12-16-2007, 08:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Hi,

First off, I have not had a chance to upgrade to 6.3.6, so maybe this issue will have been fixed with the latest version, but I saw nothing in the 6.3.6 release notes about this. I have started using one of the new HD extenders and I have noticed that output resolution in Detailed Setup > Multimedia always says 960 x 540 no matter what I set it to. The tv is 720p and the menus using SageMC are noticeably less sharp than the menus in the default STV. I am thinking the output resolution is the cause.

I have also noticed that the option for "Native Output Resolution Switching" is missing in SageMC. Will the setting I select in the default STV stick when using SageMC?

Thanks for any info/help.

Jesse
You should definitely upgrade to 6.3.6, since it is using the original Detailed Setup code of the default STV.

Dirk
Old 12-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Yep, enable the external DVD player in the SageMC options (External Programs), and edit dvd_player.cmd in the SageMCE directory.

Dirk
Thanks, that worked just fine.

Is this and and any related info documented anywhere?

Ray
Old 12-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
BTW, I fixed the problem with Autocomskip. I disabled it and re-enabled it in the SageMC options and now it's picking it up every time.
This worked on my server/client, but did not work on my MVP.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:02 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
SageTV has to be restarted in order to load the new jar files. I'm pretty sure that is what is happening.

Aloha,
Mike
restarted the computer, no luck. Shut down SageTV. Checked by going to process in the task manager, nothing was running. reextracted all the files to sage directory, restarted the computer, and still, black background. not sure what is going wrong. if their a file I can edit or post to see if we can figure out what is going wrong?
Old 12-16-2007, 10:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergq View Post
restarted the computer, no luck. Shut down SageTV. Checked by going to process in the task manager, nothing was running. reextracted all the files to sage directory, restarted the computer, and still, black background. not sure what is going wrong. if their a file I can edit or post to see if we can figure out what is going wrong?
Make sure you installed the full package, not just the update. Also make sure you are running the latest Java v1.6_03. If that doesn't work, then enable debug logging as per the instructions linked in flachbar's signature and check the log file for errors.

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 12-16-2007 at 10:11 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Sage Icon

Great new features for the layout.

OK... couple dumb questions...

1) Where are the online videos?

2) The time bar seems to have lost its colors... its all an almost black color, no watched segment, and no commercial markings.

3) is there a way to shrink the selection bars on the main menu (they seem to be about 2x too long)? I have enlarged the preview and moved the menu section to the left, but this causes the selection bars to overlap the prefiew screen.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands View Post
3) is there a way to shrink the selection bars on the main menu (they seem to be about 2x too long)? I have enlarged the preview and moved the menu section to the left, but this causes the selection bars to overlap the prefiew screen.
Change the menu width under the customize button for the main menu in text mode.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-16-2007, 10:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Change the menu width under the customize button for the main menu in text mode.

Aloha,
Mike
Thanks for the quick reply... that did it.

I just noticed something very strange regarding the time bar... It is all one color on the football game from earlier today, but for other shows, it seems to be correct (different colors for padding, unwatched, watched and commercials)???

Still interested in trying out the online vids, I think I can do with one of the custom menu items, but what is the screen name?
Old 12-16-2007, 11:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Smile Sage MC 6.35 & Deria winamp?

Does the deria winamp plug in still work with Sage MC? I haven't used it before and I am having some trouble.

The instructions with the Winamp plugin are very vague. It says that the plugin is "supported" by SageMC but doesn't say how you activate it. I unzipped into SageTV and I followed steps 7 - 9 in the readme.txt to modify Winamp and I added the line about "use plugin = true" to sage.properties... but nothing seems to be working. If I change the visualization option to "winamp" I get a black screen and SageMC freezes. I verified that Winamp is actually working and the visualizations are displaying outside of Sage.

Can someone point me to the post where the install instructions for Sage MC are detailed? Nothing turned up on a search and 250+ pages is a lot to go thru.

Thanks

SageMC 6.35
Java 1.6.3
Old 12-16-2007, 11:39 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Make sure you installed the full package, not just the update. Also make sure you are running the latest Java v1.6_03. If that doesn't work, then enable debug logging as per the instructions linked in flachbar's signature and check the log file for errors.

Aloha,
Mike
thanks for the help. I did have the full package installed. I also noticed that Java said it needed to be updated. Once I installed the update, it worked. interesting.
Closed Thread