SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 10:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
BTW: Multi-speed FF/REW broke my sound. I dont get any sound after I set it under any decoder... even after I disable it and restart sageTV and the service. I just get brief "hickups" of sound. My orginal AC-3 decoder which wasn't working with it now is not showing at all as the list of available decoders... maybe I need to reboot? Something really weird with the multi-speed function...

PS: I just rebooted, still no sound, I can change the decoders around and the mutli speed FF/REW options and theres not sound. The only way to get it back it to revert my whole sageTV back and do not touch any of the Mutlispeed settings. What does Multispeed change in the configuration that I cant put back? This is the first time any kind of upgrade in SageTV has cause sound to break completely.

I have windows system sounds..
1. so the issue goes away if you disable the multispeed option ?
2. if you import Mike's multispeed import into SageMC 6.3.5, do you see the same problem ?

Dirk
Old 12-16-2007, 10:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbmdave View Post
Nice release. Only one request. Can you move the configuration of the main menu under the Settings for SageMC, instead of as an option of the menu itself. My family is finding this confusing. (personally I like all setup options under the Settings/SageMC...
If the configuration would be under SageMC settings you would not be able to interactively move/resize the main menu components. I think it also makes it much easier to check out the effect of the various other settings immediately. Maybe Mike will comment on this more...

Dirk
Old 12-16-2007, 10:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbmdave View Post
I don't know how you did it, but I was unable to re-create the look you have in the picture above. Help?
  • in the main menu options menu, select 'Customize Screen Layout'
  • select main menu 'Customize', and select 'Menu style' 'Icons'
  • back in 'Customize Screen Layout', disable 'Title Graphic' (checkbox)
  • in the Customization of the weather panel, select 'Forecast'
Dirk
Old 12-16-2007, 10:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
Wow, awesome work Dirk and Mike. Thanks a lot! Now if I can convince my wife that I need to sit around and tweak the HTPC instead of going Christmas shopping...
That'll probably take a lot of convincing power...

Dirk
Old 12-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
  • in the main menu options menu, select 'Customize Screen Layout'
  • select main menu 'Customize', and select 'Menu style' 'Icons'
  • back in 'Customize Screen Layout', disable 'Title Graphic' (checkbox)
  • in the Customization of the weather panel, select 'Forecast'
Dirk
Silly question, how do i get to the main menu options menu using a remote? For the life of me, I can't figure this out.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronics4lif View Post
Silly question, how do i get to the main menu options menu using a remote? For the life of me, I can't figure this out.
You have to assign a remote control button to the 'Options' command.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-16-2007, 11:59 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1mm View Post
Well I'm new to Sage, and I decided to try SageMC. I installed SageTV 6.3.5, works fine. Tried to install SageMC 6.3.5 and when it loads it says "Failed to load Sage...
Fall back to stan..."

The screen is all black except for the date, time and temperature outside. I tried searching for this problem but it hasn't come up. Can someone help me?
Did you try to shut down sage completely, meaning the interface and the service before changing the stv or installing any new components, also make sure that when you unzip the stv package that you maintain the same file structure you have in sage
Old 12-16-2007, 12:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
BTW: Multi-speed FF/REW broke my sound. I dont get any sound after I set it under any decoder... even after I disable it and restart sageTV and the service. I just get brief "hickups" of sound. My orginal AC-3 decoder which wasn't working with it now is not showing at all as the list of available decoders... maybe I need to reboot? Something really weird with the multi-speed function...

PS: I just rebooted, still no sound, I can change the decoders around and the mutli speed FF/REW options and theres not sound. The only way to get it back it to revert my whole sageTV back and do not touch any of the Mutlispeed settings. What does Multispeed change in the configuration that I cant put back? This is the first time any kind of upgrade in SageTV has cause sound to break completely.

I have windows system sounds..
The best I can suggest is enable debug logging as per flachbar's signature and then reproduce the sound loss problem. Post the log file and maybe it will help us figure it out.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
Can I assume that the foofaraw them will still work with the latest version of sageMC?
Old 12-16-2007, 12:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbarber69 View Post
Can I assume that the foofaraw them will still work with the latest version of sageMC?
Definitely.

By default everything should look the same as it always has. The new main menu features just allow you lots of flexibility for customization.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

I got the options figured out. Thank you for the help with that.

Is anyone else's commercial skip turning off after each show even though it is enabled in the sage mc/enhancments/comskip settings?

If I don't get that fixed soon, I am going to try and revert back to an earlier version of Sagemc.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:46 PM
SageTVaholic

I fixed my FF/Rew problem... I had unregistered ac3filter.ax and forgot I did that

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-16-2007, 12:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Two remaining issues..

Two remaining issues:

1) IMDB picture for movies will not show the first time you look up detailed info... you get a blue down arrow.. then nothing. If you exit and go back into details.. the picture shows up.

2) Something needs to be done about the new WIDE margins in the Guide. The TV preview window does not line up with the left margin anymore and doesnt look too good. I personally prefer having the margins back to the way they were.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Sage Icon

Your sample screens look great for 6.3.6. Thanks for that. Two questions.

1. How do I get the main menu to look like your sample (With the icons as buttons and small text describing them)?

2. I'm using this on an HD Extender and I can't seem to get some of the imports (specifically EP's video tools) to show up after importing. Any suggestions?
Old 12-16-2007, 01:45 PM
Sage Icon

Never mind, I got it by making the changes on the server. How do I add icons for new menu items on the main menu?
Old 12-16-2007, 02:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Question Guide colors in theme.properties

Okay, I'm able to change the colors pretty easily in the theme.properties. However, I have a problem I can't fix. Before this release, the default color to non-specified show was a pleasant blue color. Now, the default is this awful grey color. How do I change the color it defaults to; or at least set it to default what it used to be?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-16-2007, 02:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Okay, I'm able to change the colors pretty easily in the theme.properties. However, I have a problem I can't fix. Before this release, the default color to non-specified show was a pleasant blue color. Now, the default is this awful grey color. How do I change the color it defaults to; or at least set it to default what it used to be?
Add this to your theme.properties file:

Code:

Color/GuideAiringBGDefault=0x2156A6
Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Sage Icon

Okay, first of all, this is awesome, guys. Thank you so freaking much.

One request, is there any way to add the current temperature to the forecast option for the weather bar? It is nice to be able to see the forecast for a few days ahead, but also know what the current temperature is outside.

So glad we can rearrange stuff now...

Did I say thanks yet?

Well, off to do Christmas shopping now...
Old 12-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Sage Icon

One other question.

On the Main Menu Icons, Selection Bar, when it says Main Menu, how do you know what is selected, other than seeing the animation? I like the clean look of not having the folder selections, but it would be nice if the current selection was highlighted, unless I'm not seeing something since I'm using VNC...
Old 12-16-2007, 02:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
One request, is there any way to add the current temperature to the forecast option for the weather bar? It is nice to be able to see the forecast for a few days ahead, but also know what the current temperature is outside.
I'll look into it for the next version. I just don't want the weather display getting too cluttered. It's already borderline in that view.

Quote:
Well, off to do Christmas shopping now...
Wait, I haven't sent you my wish list yet....

Aloha,
Mike
Closed Thread