SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 03:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Im using the SageMC custom menus, and have added a Custom1 and Custom2 menu on the homescreen. I have tried adding images hover_custom1 and hover_custom2, but SageMC is displaying only the 2nd image for both menus.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12 View Post
Im using the SageMC custom menus, and have added a Custom1 and Custom2 menu on the homescreen. I have tried adding images hover_custom1 and hover_custom2, but SageMC is displaying only the 2nd image for both menus.
If you feel brave you can dig around in the menu.xml file and set the images there. At least that is what I have done in the past.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Sage Icon

Is there an easy way to change the weather maps that are available? Right now it looks like the Atlantic surface analysis and infrared satellite point to the same image, and neither is all that helpful as I live in California.

It would be nice to change the infrared map to be the western GOES image and the Atlantic surface analysis to a local radar map. Ideally, it'd be nice to do this without having to edit it everytime a new version of sagemc is released. Since Sage knows the zip code, how about adding a local radar map?

Also, can it deal with display of a animated gif for weather images?

Lastly, with the 6.3 beta, do I still need t6o have the optimized image loader turned off in the detailed settings menu.

Maybe the best thing is to request a configuration screen that lets me change the label for the map and the underlying URL...

Thanks,
mike
Client 3: Media MVP to 15" Toshiba LCD
Client 4: HD100 connected to Samsung 23" 720P LCD
Client 5: HD100 connected to Vizio VX37L
Old 12-11-2007, 05:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah... Ive wanted the same thing too. Looks like Dirk has been mysteriously busy for a while now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
Is there an easy way to change the weather maps that are available? Right now it looks like the Atlantic surface analysis and infrared satellite point to the same image, and neither is all that helpful as I live in California.

It would be nice to change the infrared map to be the western GOES image and the Atlantic surface analysis to a local radar map. Ideally, it'd be nice to do this without having to edit it everytime a new version of sagemc is released. Since Sage knows the zip code, how about adding a local radar map?

Lastly, with the 6.3 beta, do I still need t6o have the optimized image loader turned off in the detailed settings menu.

Maybe the best thing is to request a configuration screen that lets me change the label for the map and the underlying URL...

Thanks,
mike

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-11-2007, 06:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
Nope, but this is a limitation of the SageTV core, not SageMC itself...

Quote:
I disabled it in 6.3, and the images still load fine

Quote:
Do you mean this:

That's been in there for ages ...
Simply bring up the Options menu. Also (this might not be known to everyone) you can display / configure 7 more maps by pressing the shortcut key defined in "Extended Weather Map Menu" in the SageMC Enhancement options

Dirk
Old 12-11-2007, 06:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Using SageMC and DVD Profiler3.1 for videos - I have it importing the cover (picture) files, but no other data. Does SageMC import a summary and genre's from SageMC or do I have to input those one-by-one or individually via IMDB search?

Also, I'm not sure I understand what "generate .my file does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
You're not using .my files. That is for users from Meedio and another way to transfer metadata.

Make sure you have exported the collection.xml file to your path and by default all info boxes should have been checked. I think you said it was C:\. Make sure that path is defined in SageMC. You should be able to browse and choose the collection file. Make sure to perform a rescan of the Media directories. Then refresh the metadata. You my need to rescan the media directories again after the import but usually it should show up. Maybe go out and then back into My Videos. You should see the info.
Gerry
Thanks Gerry,
Not sure what was going on, but after doing the import and refresh over and over about 10 times it finally worked. Phew....

Another question. It looks like there are the following views:
Genre, Groups, and File System.
Is there any way to get a view by date added or release date? When you have a large collection, this is a useful way for the user to find the newest movies added to the collection. I know it's possible as the information is in the movies.xml file, but I just don't know how to create a new view.

Thanks,
Old 12-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Nope, but this is a limitation of the SageTV core, not SageMC itself...

I disabled it in 6.3, and the images still load fine

Do you mean this:

That's been in there for ages ...
Simply bring up the Options menu. Also (this might not be known to everyone) you can display / configure 7 more maps by pressing the shortcut key defined in "Extended Weather Map Menu" in the SageMC Enhancement options

Dirk
I didn't know it was there! I'll change stuff around...

Gee, the animated GIF thing is a pain. Maybe you should submit a bug report on the beta... :-)

thx
mike
Client 3: Media MVP to 15" Toshiba LCD
Client 4: HD100 connected to Samsung 23" 720P LCD
Client 5: HD100 connected to Vizio VX37L
Old 12-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
If you feel brave you can dig around in the menu.xml file and set the images there. At least that is what I have done in the past.
That doesn't apply in this case as I am not using the Dynamic Menu functionality, I am using SageMC's built in main menu customization, which allows you to add additional menu items to the main menu screen only.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Thanks Gerry,
Is there any way to get a view by date added or release date? When you have a large collection, this is a useful way for the user to find the newest movies added to the collection. I know it's possible as the information is in the movies.xml file, but I just don't know how to create a new view.

Thanks,
Ask flachbar real nice and he might consider it for a future enhancment. Even if it is sorted by actual file date. Then the latest are at the top. That's the only thing really missing to make it more convenient. I have to yell to the wife in the other room what the latest ones are.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Ask flachbar real nice and he might consider it for a future enhancment. Even if it is sorted by actual file date. Then the latest are at the top. That's the only thing really missing to make it more convenient. I have to yell to the wife in the other room what the latest ones are.
Gerry
flachbar.......

Please add the video's view by "date added", "release date" and/or "file date" as determined by dvd profiler. I'm really loving the SageMC and this would help me out in the WAF and DAF areas as that is very necessary for my success with SageTV.

A few additional Requests for the videos section:
  • Ability to Export txt file with movie names by drive, by name or by name&drive
  • Ability to View File Name & Location (drive path) when selecting video name
  • Trailers Function where you can play movie trailers
  • Display Showing Number of Video's in library

Thanks!
Brent

Last edited by Brent; 12-12-2007 at 09:19 AM.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, 6.3 final is out...can we now get an ETA on new SageMC?

Can't install 6.3 until new SageMC is available (WAF and all)...

Thanks!
-M
Old 12-11-2007, 08:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnttoker View Post
Ok, 6.3 final is out...can we now get an ETA on new SageMC?

Can't install 6.3 until new SageMC is available (WAF and all)...

Thanks!
-M
I believe SageMC 6.3.5a works just fine with 6.3 ...

Dirk
Old 12-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
That doesn't apply in this case as I am not using the Dynamic Menu functionality, I am using SageMC's built in main menu customization, which allows you to add additional menu items to the main menu screen only.
Oh, sorry, guess I wasn't paying attention.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I believe SageMC 6.3.5a works just fine with 6.3 ...

Dirk
Is there support for the "Online Services" Menu from the default STV?

Also, do you have any info on the possible bug I listed above?? I have some more graphics I want to add to foofaraw, but the additional ones would need the Custom graphics portion working.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Nope, 6.3.5a came out before SageTV 6.3. This part has to be completely redone

Quote:
Also, do you have any info on the possible bug I listed above?? I have some more graphics I want to add to foofaraw, but the additional ones would need the Custom graphics portion working.
I'll check it out

Dirk
Old 12-12-2007, 02:59 PM

Can someone clue me in on how I would install this in my Mac version of SageTV. When I attempt to load the XML, it renders the main menu, but all black and white.

Not knowing how the file paths differ from the PC version to the Mac, I've placed them in the places that make the most sense, following the same folder structure.

Anyone have any experience with this?

BTW, I'm running SageTV 6.3.1 - could this be part of the issue?
Old 12-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Quote:
Nope, 6.3.5a came out before SageTV 6.3. This part has to be completely redone

Dirk
Is this an area where you might be able to put a link to the standard STV code, so that it is easier to maintain as new online services get added?? The downside would be this would likely mean the theme wouldn't match up for that screen... right?? Or would it be possible to pull the layout from the standard STV and the graphics from the current SageMC theme?
Old 12-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Updating the online video listing & playback code isn't the easiest thing to do in the STV, so I think flachbar should just be given some time to work on it...

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:54 PM
Sage User

Well I'm new to Sage, and I decided to try SageMC. I installed SageTV 6.3.5, works fine. Tried to install SageMC 6.3.5 and when it loads it says "Failed to load Sage...
Fall back to stan..."

The screen is all black except for the date, time and temperature outside. I tried searching for this problem but it hasn't come up. Can someone help me?
Old 12-15-2007, 05:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1mm View Post
Well I'm new to Sage, and I decided to try SageMC. I installed SageTV 6.3.5, works fine. Tried to install SageMC 6.3.5 and when it loads it says "Failed to load Sage...
Fall back to stan..."

The screen is all black except for the date, time and temperature outside. I tried searching for this problem but it hasn't come up. Can someone help me?
Make sure you are running Java 1.6. SageTV only installs v1.4 by default.

Aloha,
Mike
Closed Thread