SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 09:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

DVD Profiler issue

I'm using the latest Sage MC (6.3.5) and the latest DVD Profiler (3.something) and for the most part, the import into My Videos is working. There are about 10 movies out of roughly 250 that Sage doesn't want to import. I've checked collection.xml and they're there, but when I'm given a list after importing meta-data, they're not in that list. I thought originally that it was because they have short names (Elf, Troy, Signs) but others (Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny) don't import either.

Has anyone had this problem??
Old 11-26-2007, 09:54 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratt733 View Post
I'm using the latest Sage MC (6.3.5) and the latest DVD Profiler (3.something) and for the most part, the import into My Videos is working. There are about 10 movies out of roughly 250 that Sage doesn't want to import. I've checked collection.xml and they're there, but when I'm given a list after importing meta-data, they're not in that list. I thought originally that it was because they have short names (Elf, Troy, Signs) but others (Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny) don't import either.

Has anyone had this problem??
It's been a long time since I've even looked at this, and I'm not using version 3, which apparently has changed quite a bit, but one thing I had to watch out for, was that there is a "Title" field, and then another field that could be used for things like "Collector's Edition" or "2-Disc Set," etc. If this field had anything in it, it was considered part of the name (basically made part of the title), which caused Sage to not be able to match up that name with the folder name that contained the ripped DVD (or the offline placeholder for that DVD).

So, that would be one thing I would check. Make sure there isn't anything like that going on, also check for extra spaces in the title field.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I just noticed when I click on a movie's program info, there's a blue down-arrow where the movie poster is supposed to be (when the picture is downloading).. then, it disapears without any kind of picture... the only way to see the actual picture is to go out of the screen and go back into it.

Can anyone confirm that this is a bug?
I am seeing the same behavior. Not only in movies, but also in regular episodes. Sometimes the picture never appears. Even if a picture exists in the IMDB screen.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

The New Online Services

The Online Services that was added in the latest Sage betas is not listed on the internal screens list for the dynamic menu under SageMC.

I see there is a manual cut & paste of XML available to make it show up on the non-SageMC dynamic menus, but it doesn't work for MC.

Can someone shed some light?

I know... I know... I can hear it now - "Jeez, the beta just came out! Give us a second!".
Old 11-26-2007, 02:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBacker View Post
I see there is a manual cut & paste of XML available to make it show up on the non-SageMC dynamic menus, but it doesn't work for MC.
AFAIK, that is because SageMC hasn't been updated to include those screens. Until it has been updated to add in the new screens, you can't access non-existing screens via dynamic menus.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ahh... Got it.

I had asumed that the internal screens list was something that the Sage API fed back to the dynamic menus plugin, so if the screen was in the app, it would automatically be listed.

Shows what I know about Sage programming.

Anyway - can't wait for the feature to be added!
Old 11-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Sage User

I have a quick question regarding launching an external application.

I am launching Theatertek via a "new external program" button created by the dynamic menu. Options are "sleep sage while program is running- restore on exit"

When theatertek is launched, Sage is minimized, and TT is maximized OK, but Sage will still respond to the IR comands coming in with the USB-UIRT and MCE remote. I want to have the MCE remote now control Theatertek, but Sage is conflicting.

Is it possible to disable the control input for Sage while Sage is minimized this way?

Thanks,
Dan
Old 11-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by danOO00 View Post
When theatertek is launched, Sage is minimized, and TT is maximized OK, but Sage will still respond to the IR comands coming in with the USB-UIRT and MCE remote.
Are you using the USB-UIRT as a receiver for the MCE Remote (more specifically you do not use the MCE Remote receiver)?

If this is the case, then I don't think it is possible. The USB-UIRT commands will always be received by SageTV wether it is minimized or not. The only solution I can think of is to use a third party program to handle the remote / USB-UIRT. This application will be able to see what program is currently in foreground and send the appopriate commands to this application only. You can use Girder, EventGhost, HIP or my software (see signature. Note: if you also use the USB-UIRT as a transmitter, my software features a SageTV plugin for also tuning channels on a set top box, this way you can handle all the USB-UIRT to my software).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Sage User

No, I do not use the MCE receiver- just the remote and USB-UIRT. Bad news for me I guess- I was trying to avoid using girder- I already use girder for TT, but Sage is working so easily with the integrated USB-UIRT control and setup dialogs. I hate to re-complicate things- maybe I will just use another remote for TT.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 11-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by danOO00 View Post
No, I do not use the MCE receiver- just the remote and USB-UIRT. Bad news for me I guess- I was trying to avoid using girder- I already use girder for TT, but Sage is working so easily with the integrated USB-UIRT control and setup dialogs. I hate to re-complicate things- maybe I will just use another remote for TT.

Thanks,
Dan
How about a Harmony? Then you could use the same remote for everything, at least, that's what I do.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Sage User

trying to take the cheap way out Actually I like the MCE remote- simple, and works well for my setup. The harmony is definitely something I am thinking about.. Thanks for the advice.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:39 PM
Sage User

Didn't install properly?

I downloaded the current trial of Sage and the SageMC 16x9 full install. After installing Sage I loaded the SageMC169 xml, but it isn't working. The background is black, and when the screens change, the buttons from the new screen get superimposed on the previous screen's buttons. It won't redraw unless I resize the window.

I am running this on the desktop of a PC that does not have a remote for the moment. I want to play around with it for a bit before I try setting it up on my HTCP which is running MCE2005. I'm considering switching to Sage and getting an extender if I like SageMC well enough.

So is there something I am missing? I thought loading it into a fresh Sage install might minimize complications.

Ian

Ian
Old 11-29-2007, 07:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Double check the insructions and make sure you extracted SageMC into the right folder (C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV). That sounds like an issue of the files not being in the correct location.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Also, make sure you loaded the SageMC_169.xml file and did not import it. Importing it would be bad. Very bad.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-29-2007, 08:14 PM
Sage User

I think I got it right. When I went to load, Sage3.xml was listed along with the SageMC169.xml, and I didn't have to navigate anywhere to find it. Also, the button in settings doesn't actually use the word "Load" right? It was definitely not the one that said "Import".

The troubleshooting section said something about deleting anything that used the .STV extension. Does that refer to plugins you might have added in the past, or are there some files in the base installation that need to be thrown out to allow SageMC to work?

Ian
Old 11-29-2007, 08:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanJohnson View Post
I think I got it right. When I went to load, Sage3.xml was listed along with the SageMC169.xml, and I didn't have to navigate anywhere to find it. Also, the button in settings doesn't actually use the word "Load" right? It was definitely not the one that said "Import".

The troubleshooting section said something about deleting anything that used the .STV extension. Does that refer to plugins you might have added in the past, or are there some files in the base installation that need to be thrown out to allow SageMC to work?

Ian
Go ahead and verify you have a SageMC sub directory in your "STVs\SageTV3\" and that's there's plenty of stuff in there (>5 mb).
Old 11-30-2007, 01:47 AM
Sage Expert

Icons in "Other Showings"

I think I might have found a bug.

In "Other Showings", no matter which settings I change for the icons, the manual recording icon will not show up.

Also, the series and first run icons show up in "Other Showings" regardless of what the icon settings are.

I've attached a screenshot of what my icon options look like, and a screenshot of "Other Showings".

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm using SageMC 6.3.5.1

-Peter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iconoptions.jpg (30.8 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg othershowings.jpg (49.2 KB, 241 views)
Old 11-30-2007, 05:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Don't know if it is just me, but ever since I started using sage with sagemc, I have noticed that if I press exit or back when playing a dvd it freezes. Has anyone else noted this, and if so, could it please be fixed in the next sagemc release. It seems to only occur with certain dvd movies... weird.

Thanks
Mo

And I should mention, these are ripped dvds.. not directly from the dvd-rom.
(video_ts) folders.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:03 AM
Sage User

Can't install

I tried this on a fresh machine that hasn't seen Sage. Here is what I did:

Run setup from the current Sage trial download, went through the Sage install, the Java install, then rebooted. Opened Sage, went through the initial setup screens, then closed it. I extracted the SageMC16x9 zip, and navigated to the Program Files\Sage\Sage directory for "Extract to".

I opened Sage, went to the advanced settings and loaded the Sagemc169.xml which was listed along with SageTv3 and SageTV3MC. The UI then changed to white type over black with the same inability to refresh the screen between menus, piling them on top of each other instead.

I did notice that if I go to themes, there are non listed even though there are several folders for themes in the SageMCE sub directory.

Ian
Old 11-30-2007, 09:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanJohnson View Post
I tried this on a fresh machine that hasn't seen Sage. Here is what I did:

Run setup from the current Sage trial download, went through the Sage install, the Java install, then rebooted. Opened Sage, went through the initial setup screens, then closed it. I extracted the SageMC16x9 zip, and navigated to the Program Files\Sage\Sage directory for "Extract to".

I opened Sage, went to the advanced settings and loaded the Sagemc169.xml which was listed along with SageTv3 and SageTV3MC. The UI then changed to white type over black with the same inability to refresh the screen between menus, piling them on top of each other instead.

I did notice that if I go to themes, there are non listed even though there are several folders for themes in the SageMCE sub directory.

Ian
If I'll find some time I'll blow away my SageTV installation on my laptop and I'll follow the exact steps you listed, and see if I can reproduce it.

Dirk
Closed Thread