SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 07:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom View Post
is there a manual/howto etc on setting up and using the email and RSS features?

hmm, i seem to be getting there on RSS, now for the reader...
As for the email reader setup, have a look at koelecs 'email checker' support thread, the code in SageMC is based on his plugin.

Dirk
Old 11-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
YOu can do timed recordings in SageMC with a little bit of work. If you are using the dynamic menu for you main page, you can create a new menu item pointing to a New Internal Screen "Manual Recordings". Or if you use the original main menu setup, you could assign one of the custom menus to "manual recordings" in SageMC setup, and then enabe that custom menu in the main menu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by real_per View Post
You can't do timed recordings from SageMC, but you can do it from the webinterface, and that works with SageMC so i don't see why you method wouldn't...

Thanks for the replies.

I didn't think about the web interface so I am going to install that now and try it out to see if it something I will like.

I am not too worried about having a timed recording access or menu in SageMC because I rarely use it but there are some times when I needed to set a timed recording and wanted to make sure that I could set it up in regular SageTV then go back to SageMC that the recording will still take place.

Bill
Old 11-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks Dirk, I didn't even realize it was commented out. Will fix that and give that a try. I haven't really edited XML much, so as you pointed out, it wasn't obvious.

Plus, it probably doesn't help that I'm using WordPad to edit it...

I'll report back if it works with the new IMAP settings.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:22 AM

comskip working for mp4s in SageMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
The comskip code doesn't look for *.mp4 files. I'll check if this can be changed easily...

Dirk
Hi,

I had a peek at the comskip playback STV which works with mp4s and compared it to your code. The changes were pretty simple, and now I get comskip playback on my mp4s. I attached the diffs to this reply

Feel free to add this to SageMC if you like. And for anyone else having trouble with with non-mpg or -avi files that won't comskip, give this a shot to see if it fixes your problem.

edit: these diffs are against SageMC 6.3.5
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagemc_comskip_diff.txt (1.1 KB, 216 views)
Old 11-13-2007, 03:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
Is there a way to add Timed Recording in SageMC?

If not then if I were to go to SageTV by going to detail setup then back to main menu and set up some timed recording shows then back to detail setup to return to SageMC, will it still do those Timed Recording I set up in SageTV?

Thanks
Bill
I was going to ask the same thing, well I guess it is time to tinker with the Dynamic Menus. Incremental Backup here I come.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have a question about the IMDB Database, I went ant tried the 6.3.1 beta, and after re-installing SageMC, my imprted viedos had their IMDB data scrambled.

What is the proper way to do an upgrade?
Old 11-13-2007, 06:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Commercial skipping, Sage 6.3.1 beta, SageMC, MVP

Anybody else having problems with commercial skipping with the latest Sage TV beta on an MVP? With automatic comskip enabled, playing back recorded programs on the MVP skips to odd spots. If the play the same content with PlaceShifter everything is fine. For what it's worth, I use ShowAnalyzer and EDL files. I've done a power down and reboot of the MVP. I haven't tried going back to the default STV to see what happens...but I suppose that will be next.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

For some reason, ever since I upgraded to SageMC 6.3.4a, the click and focus sounds won't play. I've checked to see that they're in the right folders and made sure all the correct SageMC support files are there, but I have a server and two clients with the same exact problem.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratt733 View Post
For some reason, ever since I upgraded to SageMC 6.3.4a, the click and focus sounds won't play. I've checked to see that they're in the right folders and made sure all the correct SageMC support files are there, but I have a server and two clients with the same exact problem.
Check to see that sounds are enabled in SageMC Options.

Last edited by geogecko; 11-15-2007 at 07:59 AM.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

They are. Also made sure the correct wav files are in the Sounds folder.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Did some troubleshooting and it turns out that the presence of jflac-1.0.jar in the JARS folder (from SlimPlayer plug-in) breaks the click and focus sounds in the latest SageMC. Who knew??

Don't think I need this since I only use SlimPlayer for internet radio and not playing local audio files.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Update:

Looks like you need jflac1.0.jar in order for SlimPlayer to work. I did some research and found an updated version of the jar and it restores the click sounds and SlimPlayer seems to work fine. Here you go, for anyone having the same problem as I am!

http://jflac.sourceforge.net
Old 11-15-2007, 05:56 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratt733 View Post
Update:

Looks like you need jflac1.0.jar in order for SlimPlayer to work. I did some research and found an updated version of the jar and it restores the click sounds and SlimPlayer seems to work fine. Here you go, for anyone having the same problem as I am!

http://jflac.sourceforge.net
Thank you...it restored the click sound for me as well
Old 11-16-2007, 01:25 AM
Sage User

google video

Whenever I try to play google videos, I get sound, but no video. Everything else in the latest version of sagemc is working great. It seems like I've had this problem for a while now. I.e. through a couple different upgrades of sagemc. Any ideas?
Old 11-16-2007, 02:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Hi Jan,

the only thing I can think of: check if you have "Auto Add Offline Path" enabled in the SageMC options, and if you have the Offline path set to C:

Dirk
DIrk,

The Offline Path is indeed set to C:\, but where is that "Auto Add Offline Path" in the options? Look in SageMC and Standard UI - will probably be there and I'm just looking over it ...

Jan
Old 11-16-2007, 02:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

skyw33,
If you are using the overlay render and the sagetvplayer make sure that color keying is turned on.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:22 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
I can't seem to find the option for changing the background color in the pop-ups. Where has it gone to?
Old 11-17-2007, 11:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
I can't seem to find the option for changing the background color in the pop-ups. Where has it gone to?
It is now set in the theme.properties file for the theme you are using.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-18-2007, 12:46 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
ahhh yeah thanks for the reminder.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:59 PM
SageTVaholic

DiskBar Options - Enable/Disable broken!

It looks like no matter what I do, if I press the INFO button on my remote, I will get the DiskBar to toggle on or off. It doesnt matter what I have set in the Diskbar options under SageMC settings. How can I fix this? I need the info button to do something else.

Thanks,
Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Closed Thread