SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 09:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Animation Problems

I just started imported DVD's to my hard drive to watch in Sage (using .VOB files and the dvd structure). When going back to the main menu of sagemc I get some weird graphic problems. The selection bar is not quite on top of the menu name and the moving around starts to slow down in general.

I've recently changed my java heap size. Could that be it?

This only happens after watching a DVD on the hard drive and going back to using sage. My downloaded MPG files don't do this though. I'm using the latest versions of everything.
SageTV 4.1 / JVC Analog TV 27"/ 2.93G speed Computer/ 512mb Ram/ Pvr-150 / 45 Hauppage remote / Verto GeForce FX 5500 128mb svideo out/ Dishnetwork 501 box/VideoRedo Plus/ShowAnalyzer/DVDStyler Free Mpeg to Dvd recorder
Old 11-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

is there a manual/howto etc on setting up and using the email and RSS features?

hmm, i seem to be getting there on RSS, now for the reader...

Last edited by JonTom; 11-09-2007 at 04:43 PM.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Sage User

Hey guys,

I'm trying to get this fixed but I'm not too sure what's really happened..? Please take a look my screenshot..

Please let me know what can I do.

Thanks!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sage.JPG (206.3 KB, 323 views)
Old 11-10-2007, 09:21 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastruk View Post
Hey guys,

I'm trying to get this fixed but I'm not too sure what's really happened..? Please take a look my screenshot..

Thanks!!
What were you doing before that happened?

If you just installed SageMC, did you have Sage shut down when you did that, did you extract the zip file ensuring that "use folder structure" was checked?

I'd shut everything down, and do a reinstall of SageMC.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:23 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Hey guys,

Thanks!!
Looks like you entered the detailed setings from within SageMC, which switches you to the default UI. But your default UI must have had a custom background defined at one time, and now that background file is missing.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:30 AM
Sage User

Got it fixed.

Thanks!
Old 11-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
What was it? Post your fix so others that may run across it can also fix it.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Sage User

I believe there are few missing that I need to install.. So I decided to download SageMC16x9 Version 6.x Full Install Package. It worked fine. :-)
Old 11-10-2007, 10:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I believe there are few missing that I need to install.. So I decided to download SageMC16x9 Version 6.x Full Install Package. It worked fine. :-)
Yep, that would do it. For first time install, use the full package, the later updates you can just install the latest development build.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Sage Icon

moving movies to imported videos?

Is there a straight forward way to be able to view movies (that I've recorded through Sage) in the "My Videos" area?

I'm happy to have them remain in the video recording directory where they live now, but I'll move them to an imported videos folder if needed.

I think I can just move them to an imported video folder, and sage will recognize them as a new imported video. But is there a better/easier way then messing around with moving ~ 5Gb files?

thanks
Matt
Old 11-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Sage Icon

In order to get a Sage recorded movie to show in My Videos, you will need to edit the filename to remove the numbers at the end, ie: movie-123456-0.mpg. Without those numbers, Sage will not be able to match the file to its database, and it will appear in My Videos. You can then leave it in the recording folder or move it to an imported video, your choice.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks. I was hoping for a solution from within Sage, but your idea seemed to do the trick.

Thanks
Matt
Old 11-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Sage User

Screen Refresh Issues

I've been having an issue with my setup. Every so often I get screen refresh issues. If the problem is present, everytime I toggle thru menus they are not properly cleared and redrawn. I get the previous image behind the current menu image. I've included an image below. The only way to stop the problem is a server restart.

It seems to happen after I've had the slideshow screensaver running for a while. That is, the slide show seems to run fine for a while showing picutres from my network share, then it gets stuck and leaves a black screen. The only way to get the clients (placeshifter and/or MVP) is to power cycle them. When they restart I have the screen refresh issues outlined above.

A bit about my setup: Server in basement running service mode (6.2.10.152 with SageMC 6.3.5.1) using the Foofaraw theme. Java version 1.6.0_03. 1 Placeshifter and 2 MVP clients. When the issue starts happening it happens on all clients. My Pictures/Video/Music point to separate network shares on a Windows Home Server system. The active recording space is a separate hard drive on the SageServer. If I enter into the detailed setup (original sage UI) from SageMC the problem goes away while inside these pages. When I exit the problem is still present.

I have enabled error logging but no log files are being generated when I have this issue.

Any toughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot.JPG (114.8 KB, 273 views)
Old 11-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there a manual for SageMC? I love using SageMC, but always find myself looking for info..whether it's setting up the email applet or anything else.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:25 AM
Sage Fanatic

Is there a way to add Timed Recording in SageMC?

If not then if I were to go to SageTV by going to detail setup then back to main menu and set up some timed recording shows then back to detail setup to return to SageMC, will it still do those Timed Recording I set up in SageTV?

Thanks
Bill
Old 11-12-2007, 03:39 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
Is there a way to add Timed Recording in SageMC?

If not then if I were to go to SageTV by going to detail setup then back to main menu and set up some timed recording shows then back to detail setup to return to SageMC, will it still do those Timed Recording I set up in SageTV?

Thanks
Bill
You can't do timed recordings from SageMC, but you can do it from the webinterface, and that works with SageMC so i don't see why you method wouldn't...
Old 11-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Sage Icon

YOu can do timed recordings in SageMC with a little bit of work. If you are using the dynamic menu for you main page, you can create a new menu item pointing to a New Internal Screen "Manual Recordings". Or if you use the original main menu setup, you could assign one of the custom menus to "manual recordings" in SageMC setup, and then enabe that custom menu in the main menu.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
YOu can do timed recordings in SageMC with a little bit of work. If you are using the dynamic menu for you main page, you can create a new menu item pointing to a New Internal Screen "Manual Recordings". Or if you use the original main menu setup, you could assign one of the custom menus to "manual recordings" in SageMC setup, and then enabe that custom menu in the main menu.
Cool, I didn't know that existed. Just added it to my dynamic menus.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
I'm trying to setup @email for the first time, and am having issues. Can someone post their mailaccounts.xml file without a password, so I can see what your settings are? I'm trying to setup gmail, and am getting the following log error. I have IMAP setup in gmail, and am using the imaps host setting.
Hi Jason,

I haven't used the email functionality with IMAP so I can't really tell if this is supposed to work or not, but in your config file I see at least one thing that is wrong:

Code:
<!-- optional protocol element to specify email protocol, one of pop3, pop3s, imap, imaps (pop3 is default) -->
  <!--
  <void property="protocol"> 
   <string>imaps</string> 
  </void> 
  -->
The 'protocol' is still commented out (I admit that if you don't know XML it's very hard to spot), so the account still defaults to POP3.

Change it to:

Code:
<!-- optional protocol element to specify email protocol, one of pop3, pop3s, imap, imaps (pop3 is default) -->
  <void property="protocol"> 
   <string>imaps</string> 
  </void>
and give that a try.

Dirk
Old 11-12-2007, 07:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by domc View Post
I just started imported DVD's to my hard drive to watch in Sage (using .VOB files and the dvd structure). When going back to the main menu of sagemc I get some weird graphic problems. The selection bar is not quite on top of the menu name and the moving around starts to slow down in general.

I've recently changed my java heap size. Could that be it?

Did you increase or decrease it ? Increasing it shouldn't harm, decreasing it might...

Dirk
Closed Thread