SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 06:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Note that you can disable auto comskip for a particular show title (options menu in Program Info) or for a whole series (series settings).

Dirk
Right, I think there may have been confusion about what the setting is doing. SA still processes the commercials for those shows, it's just that SageMC decides not to automatically skip over the breaks that are found (so you will still see the commercial breaks in the timebar, they just won't be automatically skipped).

Basically, the entire process can be described as follows (assuming someone is using DirMon2 and ShowAnalyzer):

1. SageTV records a show.
2. DirMon2 notices a new show has popped up in one of it's directories where it is looking for files.
3. DirMon2 kicks off ShowAnalyzer to process the file for commercials.
4. (If WebServer functions are enabled) SA will check to see if the show is on a channel that is not supposed to be processed, if so, it generates a commercial file that is empty (to prevent further triggering of DM2), and moves on, if not, then it processes the show, and generates a commercial file, with frame numbers of where the commercials are located. (Note, SA does NOT modify the actual show file with commercial breaks, it just marks them in another file.)
5. SageMC automatically "sees" the commercial breaks (if the commercial file is available), and marks them in the timebar.
6. When the show is viewed, depending on the setting of "Auto Com Skip," SageMC will decide if it should skip over the marked commercials, or play through them.

So, as you can see, SageMC settings play no role in the actual detection and marking of commercials, it just decides what to do with the data that it is provided with. I hope that makes things a bit more clear on how this works.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having no problems with Showanalyzer. The problem is with SageMC or Sage itself. Sage is just not seeing the .TXT file to skip the commercials. All the .TXT files are in my directory and perfectly fine. This "broke" when after upgrading to the latest sage and the latest SageMC. Therefore I can not tell who's to blame.

I'm going to do a fresh intall of everything today from scratch and see of that helps. I don't need to re-install Showanalyzer/dirmon because there running perfectly.

[QUOTE=So, as you can see, SageMC settings play no role in the actual detection and marking of commercials, it just decides what to do with the data that it is provided with. I hope that makes things a bit more clear on how this works.[/QUOTE]
SageTV 4.1 / JVC Analog TV 27"/ 2.93G speed Computer/ 512mb Ram/ Pvr-150 / 45 Hauppage remote / Verto GeForce FX 5500 128mb svideo out/ Dishnetwork 501 box/VideoRedo Plus/ShowAnalyzer/DVDStyler Free Mpeg to Dvd recorder
Old 10-31-2007, 08:21 AM
Sage Icon

Dom,

What version of SageMC did you upgrade from?

One thing in the past, that has caused a lot of problems, is there was a "net" folder in the sagetv/sagetv folder. If you have this folder, then you need to shut SageTV down (including the service, if running), and delete the folder.

This might help, if it's been a long time since you upgraded.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by domc View Post
I'm having no problems with Showanalyzer. The problem is with SageMC or Sage itself. Sage is just not seeing the .TXT file to skip the commercials. All the .TXT files are in my directory and perfectly fine. This "broke" when after upgrading to the latest sage and the latest SageMC. Therefore I can not tell who's to blame.

I'm going to do a fresh intall of everything today from scratch and see of that helps. I don't need to re-install Showanalyzer/dirmon because there running perfectly.
I had a similar problem, and the only thing that ultimately worked was reinstalling the Java runtime. Download the latest version, uninstall Java, reinstall the latest, and see if that works.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Note that you can disable auto comskip for a particular show title (options menu in Program Info) or for a whole series (series settings).

Dirk
That the problem I am having.

I set it disable and SageMC is still skipping commerical for this particular show I set to.

Bill
Old 10-31-2007, 12:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
Bill,

Now, if you are disabling Auto Com Skip, and SageMC automatically skips over the commercials, then that is not normal.
This is the issue I am having right now.

I do want SA to process every recorded show but I also want to be able to disable com skip during a playback if I wanted to see or watch the commerial then enable it again on the fly etc.

Bill
Old 10-31-2007, 12:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
That the problem I am having.

I set it disable and SageMC is still skipping commerical for this particular show I set to.

Bill
Bill,

please enable debug logging and post the log file...

Dirk
Old 10-31-2007, 01:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Bill,

please enable debug logging and post the log file...

Dirk
Before I saw that post, I restarted SageTV and it working now. It obeying the comskip setting now and does not skip commerical if I set it disable on certain playback recorded shows.

I guess it was time to restart SageTV since it been up and running without restart for over a month now.

Bill
Old 10-31-2007, 04:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Unhappy

I've just set up my custom menu items for the first time, though I've been using SageMC for awhile. Anyway, I set one for Google video, one for YouTube video, one for IMDb searching. But when I go back to my main menu, it's the same as before. What am I doing wrong?

Also ... just tried setting up RSS feeds for the first time. All I see at the bottom of the screen is "Untitled" and when I click it, and click RSS feed, I get "Unable to load."

I've searched through this thread (with what time my kids are allowing me tonight.Arg!), and with 200+ pages to search through, I think I've overlooked the very simple basic how-to-initially-do-this stuff. Everything seems to be much more advanced and custom-y than what I'm trying to do.

Thanks for helping a stressed-out mom!
--Heidi

Last edited by alleghator; 10-31-2007 at 04:02 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-31-2007, 08:51 PM
Sage Icon

By custom, I assume you are using one of the Custom1-5 in the options dialog on the main menu, and not dynamic menus, correct? If so, you need to do a menu refresh after doing that, so they show up in the main menu. If you are only setting them up in SageMC options, then you need to hit the options button on your remote while on the main menu, and enable those Custom menu items (then do the refresh).

It's been a long time since I messed with the RSS feeds, but you need to setup a menu item for RSS feeds, so you can set those up, I believe the internal menu item is neilm's RSS feeds or something similar to that, then when you set those up, you go into those, and tell them to be assigned to the RSS ticker. Then they will be in the ticker at the bottom.

Hopefully this will get you going at first, good luck. Keep asking questions.

If you switch to dynamic menus, the default should be setup for most of the things you are asking about. Then it's easy to add more to it...I just switched to it about a month ago, and like it much better. I like to keep the main menu uncluttered, then have a "Menu" in the main menu for settings, and stuff that most people wouldn't get into, like Google video, settings, RSS feeds, etc.

Last edited by geogecko; 10-31-2007 at 08:55 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well, I installed everything from scratch to the latest versions of all programs. The system runs great now. I've been using Sage for over two years and I must have had things hanging around. I also upgraded to the latest JAVA version and that may have been the problem with my commercial detection not working. All is well.

Quote:
What version of SageMC did you upgrade from?

One thing in the past, that has caused a lot of problems, is there was a "net" folder in the sagetv/sagetv folder. If you have this folder, then you need to shut SageTV down (including the service, if running), and delete the folder.
SageTV 4.1 / JVC Analog TV 27"/ 2.93G speed Computer/ 512mb Ram/ Pvr-150 / 45 Hauppage remote / Verto GeForce FX 5500 128mb svideo out/ Dishnetwork 501 box/VideoRedo Plus/ShowAnalyzer/DVDStyler Free Mpeg to Dvd recorder
Old 11-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK, I enabled the custom menu items (duh! Can't believe I forgot that step!).

But there's no RSS ticker running at the bottom, and when I select the RSS menu item I've created (to nielm's rss feed thingy), I get a "failed to load" java classes error.

I've tried switching to dynamic menus a few times throughout my SageMC use, but whenever I go back to my main menu screen I get an error and have to switch back to the regular menu.

Not sure what I've done wrong in either case.
--Heidi
Old 11-02-2007, 07:57 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
I've got a silly question, I have looked around the forums and done plenty of searches but not found the answer I need.

Anyway the question is, does SageMC support Sage TV Web Interface plugin? http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...+Web+Interface

If it does where do you find it within the SageMC setup options and if it doesnt support it via SageMC can you still run it with SageMC installed or is the plugin only for the default STV?

Many Thanks

jaminben
Old 11-02-2007, 08:38 AM

Menu items no longer highlight with focus in 6.3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky01 View Post
I just installed sageMC 6.3.5 and every menu item remains highlighted after clicking on it or passing thru it...any ideas (btw, its happens with all themes). I have java1.6
I have a similar problem after installing 6.3.5 (with Java 1.6). On my menus there is NO highlighting at all as I move between items. I have to use the mouse or just guess where the focus is. Highlighting does appear if I go to the SageTV detailed setup menu within SageMC. As Sharky asked, any ideas?
Old 11-02-2007, 09:09 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobovaso View Post
I have a similar problem after installing 6.3.5 (with Java 1.6). On my menus there is NO highlighting at all as I move between items. I have to use the mouse or just guess where the focus is. Highlighting does appear if I go to the SageTV detailed setup menu within SageMC. As Sharky asked, any ideas?
I have exactly the same problem. (ATI X1600 Videocard / XP / Athlon dualcore)

Clueless.

Emile
Old 11-02-2007, 09:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

This is not a plugin for browsing the web within SageTV.

This plugin is for using another computer to access sagetv with your web browser. Schedule programs, look at program guide, etc.
I use it on my laptop to check on conflicts as well as searching for programs to record. You can also play any of your recorded shows over the internet or locally on your laptop if setup correctly with ip addresses and such.

Therefore, there is nothing in SageTV menus for this plugin.

Go here for more info: http://tools.assembla.com/sageplugins/wiki/WebServer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
I
Anyway the question is, does SageMC support Sage TV Web Interface plugin? http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...+Web+Interface

If it does where do you find it within the SageMC setup options and if it doesnt support it via SageMC can you still run it with SageMC installed or is the plugin only for the default STV?

Many Thanks

jaminben
Old 11-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
This is not a plugin for browsing the web within SageTV.

This plugin is for using another computer to access sagetv with your web browser. Schedule programs, look at program guide, etc.
I use it on my laptop to check on conflicts as well as searching for programs to record. You can also play any of your recorded shows over the internet or locally on your laptop if setup correctly with ip addresses and such.

Therefore, there is nothing in SageTV menus for this plugin.

Go here for more info: http://tools.assembla.com/sageplugins/wiki/WebServer
Ok thanks, I guess I got hold of the wrong end of the stick. I'll have a go at installing it later tonight.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Sage User

I have a small problem with the great new SageMC.

The infobox containing show info during live-tv is being cut of too early.
The screenshot explains everything:

http://i15.tinypic.com/5ysohdz.png

This happens everytime the show description is 5 lines or more...
Can i fix this myself, or is it a visual bug ?
Old 11-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleghator View Post
OK, I enabled the custom menu items (duh! Can't believe I forgot that step!).

But there's no RSS ticker running at the bottom, and when I select the RSS menu item I've created (to nielm's rss feed thingy), I get a "failed to load" java classes error.

I've tried switching to dynamic menus a few times throughout my SageMC use, but whenever I go back to my main menu screen I get an error and have to switch back to the regular menu.

Not sure what I've done wrong in either case.
--Heidi
Strange on the dynamic menu problem. As far as the RSS ticker at the bottom, did you go into SageMC options, and look through the RSS Options? I think you have to enable it on the main menu, or perhaps, it is as easy as just hitting the "info" button on your remote, I can't remember right off hand.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Well, I installed everything from scratch to the latest versions of all programs. The system runs great now. I've been using Sage for over two years and I must have had things hanging around. I also upgraded to the latest JAVA version and that may have been the problem with my commercial detection not working. All is well.
same actually. it turns out a lot of new functionality is now exposed by default, i guess - wow, great stuff!