SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Dirk,

2 feature requests if you have the appetite for them:

1. Option to delete only the watched files from within a grouped recording set At the moment you can set them all to watched and delete all of them. It would be nice just to be able to delete the watched programs.

2. Some screens, e.g. YouTube and the RSS screens, do not allow the preview window. I guess there is a good reason for this but it would be really good if all screens operated the same way in this respect. Particularly for the RSS screen though it would be good to continue video playback in the preview window whilst browsing the news. Any chance?

Thanks for everything so far

Alex
Old 10-25-2007, 09:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Put both files into one folder, add a folder.jpg for cover art, and set the option "Use full size folder.jpg" in the SageMC options

Dirk
Dirk,

Thanks for your quick reply. I quickly reviewed the SageMC options and couldn't find where this option was. Can you please provide some insight.

FYI: I am still using SageTV 5 with SageMC v6.13a. I don't know if this was something that was added after this release. I checked on the first page for the change log and it doesn't appear to be. I could be wrong.

Thanks in advance...
Old 10-25-2007, 09:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsabre View Post
Dirk,

Thanks for your quick reply. I quickly reviewed the SageMC options and couldn't find where this option was. Can you please provide some insight.

FYI: I am still using SageTV 5 with SageMC v6.13a. I don't know if this was something that was added after this release. I checked on the first page for the change log and it doesn't appear to be. I could be wrong.

Thanks in advance...
Yeah, this option is only available in SageMC 6.3.5 (which requires SageTV 6).

Dirk
Old 10-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Timeline shows up when commercial is skipped.

I've looked all over for the answer to this so I just thought i'd ask here. A timeline shows up evertime a commercial is skipped in SageMC. How do I disable that. So many settings, too little time.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltlyck2 View Post
I've looked all over for the answer to this so I just thought i'd ask here. A timeline shows up evertime a commercial is skipped in SageMC. How do I disable that. So many settings, too little time.

SageMC Options -> Main -> Screen Specific Options -> Video OSD -> Timebar on Autoskip.

Miller
Old 10-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Auto comskip disabled

I have rebuilt all of my systems with the latest of both Sage and MC. Now, every show has auto comskip disabled by default and I have to enable it for each viewing. When I look in the advanced recording settings, it appears the default is set to allow auto comskip. Is there another setting I am missing to make all shows automatically skip commercials? Thanks.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:39 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Not sure, but this is a possibility. All my artwork is 300x300, and everything is pretty snappy (though I don't have as many albums as you do)...

Dirk
Just wanted to give you an update. I removed the album artwork from the ID3 tags and placed a 300x300 folder.jpg file for each album and the music browsing is very fast. Thank you.

Is there any way a feature could be integrated that allows the my music (and/or my pictures) section to be browsed as a list without a preview image?
I have it organized by artist now...one column and 10 rows so it pretty much looks like a list but it would be nice to have the option to not display a preview of the first album artwork for each artist next to their name.
It would also speed up the browsing for people like me that have larger album art embedded
300x300 works but it doesnt look very good on a 42" LCD.

Great work maintaning this STV, btw.

Last edited by JBaughb; 10-26-2007 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm View Post
I have rebuilt all of my systems with the latest of both Sage and MC. Now, every show has auto comskip disabled by default and I have to enable it for each viewing. When I look in the advanced recording settings, it appears the default is set to allow auto comskip. Is there another setting I am missing to make all shows automatically skip commercials? Thanks.
There is a setting in SageMC Options to tell auto skip to be enabled all the time, or disabled. I do not know for sure what grouping it is in, but when you find it, you'll know.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:29 PM

every menu item highlighted

I just installed sageMC 6.3.5 and every menu item remains highlighted after clicking on it or passing thru it...any ideas (btw, its happens with all themes). I have java1.6
Old 10-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having the same problem. Installed the full install of 6.3.5 sagemc and there is no commercial detection. I've turned on the setting too, which is in the SageMC menus. Should I turn on the comskip setting even though I'm using ShowAnalyzer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
There is a setting in SageMC Options to tell auto skip to be enabled all the time, or disabled. I do not know for sure what grouping it is in, but when you find it, you'll know.
SageTV 4.1 / JVC Analog TV 27"/ 2.93G speed Computer/ 512mb Ram/ Pvr-150 / 45 Hauppage remote / Verto GeForce FX 5500 128mb svideo out/ Dishnetwork 501 box/VideoRedo Plus/ShowAnalyzer/DVDStyler Free Mpeg to Dvd recorder
Old 10-27-2007, 10:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Background Alpha on Menus during Playback

So, question... When I pull up any main menu (Recorded TV, Guide, etc) while watching something (full screen set to display in background), I can barely read any menus unless the TV image is very dark. There's should be a 50% alpha on the background or something so that the menus are clear. Is there a way for the to be set in SageMC? It's really annoying that I have to stop playback just to navigate around... I'll probably have to adjust to small screen for the time being, but would prefer full screen.

Thanks for any thoughts on this! (currently using the killer Foofaraw theme)
Media Server / NAS:
Case: Thermaltake Armor CPU: AMD Opteron 1218 (2.6GHz Dual Core) Motherboard: ASUS MN2-LR Memory: 2GB Gfx Card: Headless Tuner: Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge PVR-350 (not in use) O/S: Windows 7 Sage: Latest RAID: On-Board Drives: 6 x 1.5TB SATA RAID-5, 2 x 80GB IDE RAID-1 (O/S) Storage: 7.5TB Total
Old 10-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Dirk,
The single folder fix, worked beautifuly. Do you still need me to run the debug version you posted?
Old 10-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by domc View Post
I'm having the same problem. Installed the full install of 6.3.5 sagemc and there is no commercial detection. I've turned on the setting too, which is in the SageMC menus. Should I turn on the comskip setting even though I'm using ShowAnalyzer?
SageMC should see the commercial breaks no matter what setting is set. It's what it does when it gets to those commercial breaks, is what is determined by those settings. So if you don't see any commercial breaks in the timeline of a show, then there is some other problem.

I would try installing the full version again, making sure that the "use folder paths" option is check in Winzip.

Make sure you are using at least 1.6 of Java as well. I'm not sure this matters as much, but it's just a good idea to be using that version, over 1.4 or 1.5 now.

Also, make sure SageTV and SageTV service is shut down while doing the installation.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom View Post
So I recently upgraded to the latest sagetv and sagemc. My Videos has files grouped together in folders, which used to display as such in sagemc, but now the folders are being ignored and the individual files are all showing up together in one big list. How do I go back to the old way?
I'm still having this problem.

I looked for a sagemc setting to affect this and didn't see anything. I also tried moving my library to a different network location, leaving the old one empty, and then refreshing the library, but that didn't help either.

Any suggestions?
Old 10-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

How do I disable those commerial skips on certain recorded show in SageMC?

When I bring up the tv option there is "Com Auto Skip" in the menu and when I set it to disable, it still skipping commerical in those break on tv timeline.

I wanted to disable on those recorded movie from HBO or movie channel which doesn't have commerical but SA sometime think there a commerical in it and create file for commerical skipping.

Thanks
Bill
Old 10-29-2007, 07:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
I wanted to disable on those recorded movie from HBO or movie channel which doesn't have commerical but SA sometime think there a commerical in it and create file for commerical skipping.
I've got SA set to not comm scan my premium and PBS channels by accessing the webserver and setting a rule in SA to not scan shows recorded on specific channel numbers, or by show names.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
I've got SA set to not comm scan my premium and PBS channels by accessing the webserver and setting a rule in SA to not scan shows recorded on specific channel numbers, or by show names.

Yes I saw that but haven't try using it but still I would like to know how do I disable com skip for one showing since it doesn't seem to be working for me.

I don't know if it something on my end or there a bug with com skip disable/enable in SageMC because it still skipping coms with it disabled in the tv option menu for me.

Thanks
Bill
Old 10-31-2007, 05:43 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky01 View Post
I just installed sageMC 6.3.5 and every menu item remains highlighted after clicking on it or passing thru it...any ideas (btw, its happens with all themes). I have java1.6
There are probably different background images referenced in your properties file. Open up the properties file and make sure it is referencing the proper one you want to use (i think: sagemc/background_image...) I know with mine, for some reason I had two lines each referencing a different background for some reason. Another option is to change the background image location directly in sage via the Sagemc setup; it didn't work for me but may for you.

Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 10-31-2007, 05:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
Yes I saw that but haven't try using it but still I would like to know how do I disable com skip for one showing since it doesn't seem to be working for me.

I don't know if it something on my end or there a bug with com skip disable/enable in SageMC because it still skipping coms with it disabled in the tv option menu for me.

Thanks
Bill
Bill,

The only way to tell SA not to process commercials on a given channel, is using webserver. The settings you see within SageMC for "Auto Com Skip" are only telling SageMC if it should automatically skip the detected commercials as it sees them. This setting has nothing to do with SA processing the file or not.

Now, if you are disabling Auto Com Skip, and SageMC automatically skips over the commercials, then that is not normal.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
Bill,

The only way to tell SA not to process commercials on a given channel, is using webserver. The settings you see within SageMC for "Auto Com Skip" are only telling SageMC if it should automatically skip the detected commercials as it sees them. This setting has nothing to do with SA processing the file or not.

Now, if you are disabling Auto Com Skip, and SageMC automatically skips over the commercials, then that is not normal.

Note that you can disable auto comskip for a particular show title (options menu in Program Info) or for a whole series (series settings).

Dirk
Closed Thread