SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 11:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
I'm glad you made that suggestion because I had actually intended to ask a question about that button but did not because I figured it would be too confusing.

Here is the problem with using the TV command.
The TV command starts at full screen which means using it as a toggle is not a good option. However, if there were a way to get it to act differently and start not in full screen mode but in preview mode then this command could be used as you suggest. This would be ideal!
You can preview the highlighted channel in the guide by just pressing play. There might be a setting to enable this in the EPG section of the SageMC Options menu, but I can't remember for sure. Once previewed, you can use the TV button to toggle between fullscreen and preview mode.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-22-2007, 11:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

My Pictures not listing pix - SageMC

I've lost most of the pictures function with the latest version of Sage and SageMC. I can see them in the Default STV but not with SageMC. When I go to "my pictures" there is nothing there yet when I hit "slideshow" it starts a slideshow of all the pictures that should be there. Strange. I've fully reinstalled everything last weekend and the problem is still there. I've seen a couple of people with that issue yet none of their solutions helped me.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltlyck2 View Post
I've lost most of the pictures function with the latest version of Sage and SageMC. I can see them in the Default STV but not with SageMC. When I go to "my pictures" there is nothing there yet when I hit "slideshow" it starts a slideshow of all the pictures that should be there. Strange. I've fully reinstalled everything last weekend and the problem is still there. I've seen a couple of people with that issue yet none of their solutions helped me.
I think this happens if you don't have the latest jar files installed. If you upgraded from an older version of SageMC (pre-6.3.4) to the current version, try installing the full package instead of just the latest build update. I would make a copy of your SageTV folder first, as the full install will overwrite any customized files like the dynamic menus definition file. I suppose you could just grab the contents of the JARs folder from the full install if this worries you.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
You can preview the highlighted channel in the guide by just pressing play. There might be a setting to enable this in the EPG section of the SageMC Options menu, but I can't remember for sure. Once previewed, you can use the TV button to toggle between fullscreen and preview mode.

Aloha,
Mike
Yeah, it looks like it requires two remote buttons no matter how you slice it.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 10-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Sage Expert

argh with the multiple SageMC versions

This is confusing at best. I've installed SageMC a number of times over the years and have had to make special notes regarding the location of SageMC and it's still confusing to me. It would be great if a forum admin could clean-up some of the old SageMC downloads that are no longer usefull. Perhaps even putting the update and the original download link in the same place along with accurate dates would be helpfull. Just my two cents.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 10-22-2007, 02:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Picture Library gone

Actually this is a fresh install of Sage and SageMC. Both are the most recent versions. I reinstalled the whole thing trying to fix this and the pictures are there for Sage but when I install SageMC it does not work. I tried replacing the .jar files with no luck. I have to go back to the default .stv to see my pictures. Any ideas?

Edit (11/12/2007):

I loaded a new media directory and the pictures folder magically appeared again.

Last edited by saltlyck2; 11-14-2007 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Problem Repaired
Old 10-22-2007, 02:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltlyck2 View Post
Actually this is a fresh install of Sage and SageMC. Both are the most recent versions. I reinstalled the whole thing trying to fix this and the pictures are there for Sage but when I install SageMC it does not work. I tried replacing the .jar files with no luck. I have to go back to the default .stv to see my pictures. Any ideas?
Hopfully someone smarter than me can give you another suggestion. The only thing I can add would be to enable debug logging and post the log file. There are instructions for doing this linked in flachbar's signature. Maybe that will give some clue.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-22-2007, 03:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaughb View Post
Do you know how it caches the album artwork? Im thinking it may be slow because of that...some of the artwork I have embedded is around 500x500 (unless itunes resized is smaller before writing the id3.

Not sure, but this is a possibility. All my artwork is 300x300, and everything is pretty snappy (though I don't have as many albums as you do)...

Dirk
Old 10-22-2007, 03:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco1991 View Post
Hi there,

I'm using Sage 6.2 + SageMC 6.3.5. I recently changed to using the mp4 compression (ipod high quality), and since then I've noticed that my comskip files aren't being read by SageMC. For my AVI files, the commercial skipping works just fine. Is there something about mp4s that they won't work with commercial skipping? Or should this work and there's really a different problem underlying this?

thanks
The comskip code doesn't look for *.mp4 files. I'll check if this can be changed easily...

Dirk
Old 10-22-2007, 03:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Hi Dirk,

I run the Linux server of SageTV. Whenever I run Java 1.6 or any updates I get a day or so before the UI becomes totally unresponsive. I have looked in the logs, etc. However, on the 1.5 version of Java, no issues at all. Which features are 1.6 specific and would it be possible to run in 1.5?

TIA

B
None of the code is really 1.6 specific, it's just that I use 1.6 with SageTV (because of the known issues with 1.5, and it's faster too) and in my dev environment. Don't know if they changed the class file version from 1.5 to 1.6, so it might not be possible to run 1.6 JARs in a 1.5 JRE. But it's not a big deal for me to recompile the code with 1.5, so let me know if you would need those JAR files...

Dirk
Old 10-22-2007, 03:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Aloha,
Mike
Also, if you opened the Guide from the Video OSD, you can simply press "Guide" again to get back to the fullscreen video.

Dirk
Old 10-22-2007, 03:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
This is confusing at best. I've installed SageMC a number of times over the years and have had to make special notes regarding the location of SageMC and it's still confusing to me. It would be great if a forum admin could clean-up some of the old SageMC downloads that are no longer usefull. Perhaps even putting the update and the original download link in the same place along with accurate dates would be helpfull. Just my two cents.
Just follow the link in my signature, it will always point to the latest dev version. If you need the full install, you'll find a link on that download page

Dirk
Old 10-22-2007, 03:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hopfully someone smarter than me can give you another suggestion. The only thing I can add would be to enable debug logging and post the log file. There are instructions for doing this linked in flachbar's signature. Maybe that will give some clue.

Aloha,
Mike
Only other thing I can think of: are you using Java < 1.6 ?

Dirk
Old 10-22-2007, 03:34 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Just follow the link in my signature, it will always point to the latest dev version. If you need the full install, you'll find a link on that download page

Dirk
That will always include the original with the update built-in, correct? I've taken the liberty to post that in my rant here as well. Thanks Dirk.
-- Snoopy
Old 10-22-2007, 03:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I've taken the liberty to post that in my rant here as well.
Unfortunately, I think you just added to the confusion.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:44 PM
Sage Icon

LOL, hopefully the admins can clean that up as well...

I haven't really had a problem finding the update or the full install. I always download both, so that in the event I need to do a full installation again, I'm already set to go.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:47 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Unfortunately, I think you just added to the confusion.
Unfortunately, you could be correct. The signature file points here which is also confusing. The date isn't correct, nor is the description about downloading the base first which I don't "think" is necessary today?
-- Snoopy
Old 10-22-2007, 03:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
Dirk,
I finally figured out my video folder display issue. There seems to be 2 settings for showing the folder icon when viewing the video library as 'file system'. One setting is in the pop-up options within the video library as we discussed earlier. A second option is in the SageMC options/main/screen specific options/video library/Fullsize folder.jpg. These 2 options need to be n sync or the folder icon still apears. Shouldn't these 2 options do the same thing?
No, these two settings are independent and have different purposes. The "Fullsize Folder" setting applies to folders that really have multiple video files in them, and forces the display of a fullsize folder.jpg instead of the folder icon (e.g. if you have multiple series episodes in the folder, and your folder.jpg is a cover for the series). It's normal that you get 2 levels in this case...

Quote:
I still have to go thru 2 levels before I can play a video and pressing play on the first screen still does nothing. I am still hunting down this part of the issue.
Yeah, that's because what I said above. I suspect the code somehow thinks that you have multiple video files in the folder, and executes the wrong code path. If you want then try the attached STV which contains additional debug code, and send me the log.

Dirk
Attached Files
File Type: zip Debug.zip (395.0 KB, 237 views)
Old 10-22-2007, 04:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Unfortunately, you could be correct. The signature file points here which is also confusing.
Well, this is *really* the latest version

Quote:
The date isn't correct,
We devs have no control over this date, it's set once when you initially upload the plugin, and there's no way to update it later on

Quote:
nor is the description about downloading the base first which I don't "think" is necessary today?
Of course it is necessary. If you don't have a previous full SageMC installed, the update will not work. So first-time SageMC user will need to download the full package, all others are able to apply the smaller update version.

Dirk
Old 10-22-2007, 04:18 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Well, this is *really* the latest version

We devs have no control over this date, it's set once when you initially upload the plugin, and there's no way to update it later on

Of course it is necessary. If you don't have a previous full SageMC installed, the update will not work. So first-time SageMC user will need to download the full package, all others are able to apply the smaller update version.

Dirk
Ah, OK... Pardon my confusion. Perhaps you could mention at the top of the description and maybe in the inital post to this thread when you itemize the details of the release? Just a suggestion. This is a wonderful product.

Let me get this process straight though.
Download Main STV
Extract to ...Program Files > SageTV > SageTV
Select as main STV in detailed setup
Download updated files
Extract to ...Program Files > SageTV > SageTV
Select as Import in detailed setup

Is that the correct order of things?
-- Snoopy
Closed Thread