SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Yep, didn't catch this... The attached STV fixes the problem.

Dirk
That fixed it. Thank you so much.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Logo image for custom menus

Is there any way to assign a logo file (XYZ_LOGO.png) to a custom sub menu?

For example, I have a sub menu named "Information", but can't find a way to get a graphic title displayed. I tried creating "information_logo.png" but it didn't work.

I'm not adverse to editing XML files.

Thanks for any help you can give!
Old 10-14-2007, 10:18 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
The video library fix is working great for visuals, but there seems to be function issues.

I have to select an item 3 times to get it to play.

Once to open the 'folder' showing only the one item.
Second brings me to the details,
then 3 I can select play.

Can I skip step two and go straight to details and can I just press play to play it without going into the details?
Old 10-15-2007, 07:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
New OSD time bar functionality

I ported the OSD time bar code from the default STV to SageMC (of course without changing the SageMC look). The new time bar will now display the padding time (aren't you guys happy now ), and, as an additional gift for the mouse users out there, will now allow full mouse usage as well (even happier ?). You can click on the time bar to seek to a specific position, left-clicking on the 'Play' icon will toggle between Play and Pause, and a click with the middle button on the icon will stop the playback. The time bar padding color can be configured in the SageMC options, and there you'll also find a new option to enable the display of the current time in the time bar. Thanks to Mike for ironing out some display problems.
I recorded a football game yesterday that was 3hr 30 min but I padded it at the end by an hour. With sagemc 6.3.5 I do see the padded section in the time bar (thank you for this feature) but the total length of time for the time bar is displayed as 3:30:00 instead of 4:30:00. Any chance you could change the displayed length to also reflect the padding?

Another idea for the time bar....it would be cool if there was an option to have the timebar display the start time and end time in terms of the time of the day the show was recorded. So for my football game the start time was 1:00pm and the end time was 4:30pm (5:30pm with padding). You'd then need a third timer on the time bar display to show the time for your current position in the show. Just an idea...
Old 10-15-2007, 08:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

CPU Hang

I am running SAGETV 6.2.10 with SAGEMC 6.4.5 and JAVA 1.6.02 and everything works great except for one problem.

When watching a DVD or an imported media file, if I hit the "LiveTV" button on the MCE remote sage hangs. The log just shows a count of the hang time until I manually kill the process via the task manager. This does not happen if I switch to the default STV.

Is there any way to control the behavior of the remote to make the "LiveTV button" do nothing if a video is already playing?
Old 10-15-2007, 09:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hey Dirk,

Appologies if there's already been a post on this and I've missed it but;

I've just upgraded and noticed that you've implemented a new behavior to automagically switch back to sagemc if I do something like hit the home key from the setup screen. Unfortunately, I've noticed that on subsequent visits to teh "Detailed Setup" menu then dumps me at the main menu of sage (regular homely skin). This behavior also persists after a restart of sage. Quite a bother imho.

PS: Despite some ppl being challenged & not being able to work out the previous system, I found it a very useful way to switch back to the default skin to quickly check on x,y or z thingo and quite intuitive. If it were up to me I'd put it back to the way you had it.

Mick.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:19 AM
Sage Icon

Nice job on the new features Dirk. Having the time displayed on the timebar is also a very nice add on. And yes, thank you so much for adding the padding to it, that was one thing that always annoyed me, because sometimes you are watching a show, and waiting for that little end bit (30 seconds) to come on, and sometimes, it actually makes it on the next show (if there was a recording right afterwards). It's nice to see this with the padding, just to know if I'm going to be seeing the stop pop-up or not...not sure that makes since, but I like the improvement.

I also like the new guide coloring, however, it's a bit misleading with the options. In order to get the new coloring to work, you have to have both the old coloring and the new coloring, enabled. If you disable the old guide coloring method, and enable the new, it doesn't work. So, I would think you would want to have only one enabled at a time, and I guess if both are enabled, then one should take priority over the other... Hope this helps. Or maybe I misunderstood what was happening, and maybe if you have both enabled, it does a combination of both? LOL.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Sage Expert

Having a couple strange problems after upgrading to 6.3.5 on one of my client PCs.

No popups/overlays are visible. Sage knows the window is there, I just can't see it. This happens for all dialog boxes. For instance, if I try to change themes, the popup doesn't seem to work, but it's there. If I scroll (even though I can't see it) and select enter, then the image "underneath" changes. And then here's the other problem...

If I do apply another theme I get the main menu that is just a black screen with white text. No color bars. Nothing. Then all I can do is to go into the properties file and change back to the default theme again.

I've restarted many times.

Thing is, everything worked great with 6.3.4a.

Anyone have any clues?
Old 10-15-2007, 02:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Try defining a path to a background file. It's in the SageMC options under display I think. You'll have to drill down to there.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

On SageMC "Edit Channel" remap, does it change the physical channel number or the logical channel number or both?

I went to edit some channels changing the numbers to remap and move the channels around in Program Guide but it seem to be changing both logical and physical numbers when I only wanted to change the logical to move it up or down in guide.

I had to go back to default SageTV and reset the channel back to both physical and logical channel then remap the logical channel number only.

I can't see any use for remapping the physical channel number unless it something that is needed in other countries beside USA so I suggest making the SageMC Edit Channel to remap only logical channel number or offer both remap option in the menu.

Bill
Old 10-15-2007, 02:52 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Try defining a path to a background file. It's in the SageMC options under display I think. You'll have to drill down to there.

Gerry
Problem is, I can't even see the display to drill down to. As soon as I click on the background path, the dialog comes up, but I can't see it. So I can't see the drives or paths.

Happens on ALL dialogs.

If I restore 6.3.4a from backup, all works well.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgreco View Post
Problem is, I can't even see the display to drill down to. As soon as I click on the background path, the dialog comes up, but I can't see it. So I can't see the drives or paths.

Happens on ALL dialogs.

Can you enable debug logging and check if there are any errors in the debug log ?

Dirk
Old 10-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Happens on ALL dialogs.

Possibly delete the background path while in 6.3.4a, and then try .5?
Old 10-15-2007, 03:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
On SageMC "Edit Channel" remap, does it change the physical channel number or the logical channel number or both?

I went to edit some channels changing the numbers to remap and move the channels around in Program Guide but it seem to be changing both logical and physical numbers when I only wanted to change the logical to move it up or down in guide.

I had to go back to default SageTV and reset the channel back to both physical and logical channel then remap the logical channel number only.

I can't see any use for remapping the physical channel number unless it something that is needed in other countries beside USA so I suggest making the SageMC Edit Channel to remap only logical channel number or offer both remap option in the menu.

Bill
This is really old code, I have never touched it. I might have a look at how this is done in the default STV for a future version, but since this functionality is available in the default STV and not needed that frequently it's not really a high priority for me...

Dirk
Old 10-15-2007, 03:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
I also like the new guide coloring, however, it's a bit misleading with the options. In order to get the new coloring to work, you have to have both the old coloring and the new coloring, enabled. If you disable the old guide coloring method, and enable the new, it doesn't work. So, I would think you would want to have only one enabled at a time, and I guess if both are enabled, then one should take priority over the other... Hope this helps. Or maybe I misunderstood what was happening, and maybe if you have both enabled, it does a combination of both? LOL.

Jason, makes sense !

Dirk
Old 10-15-2007, 03:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp View Post
Hey Dirk,

Appologies if there's already been a post on this and I've missed it but;

I've just upgraded and noticed that you've implemented a new behavior to automagically switch back to sagemc if I do something like hit the home key from the setup screen. Unfortunately, I've noticed that on subsequent visits to teh "Detailed Setup" menu then dumps me at the main menu of sage (regular homely skin). This behavior also persists after a restart of sage. Quite a bother imho.

Hi Mick,

not sure if I really understand what the problem is.... So you press the "Home" button while in 'Detailed Setup' (in the default STV), and it takes you to the Main menu - do you mean Main of the default STV ? It should take you to the main SageMC menu, and this is intended. If you want to do something else in the default STV besides changing settings, then simply load it normally as a STV, and change back to SageMC whenever you are done

Dirk
Old 10-15-2007, 03:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Having a couple strange problems after upgrading to 6.3.5 on one of my client PCs.

No popups/overlays are visible. Sage knows the window is there, I just can't see it. This happens for all dialog boxes. For instance, if I try to change themes, the popup doesn't seem to work, but it's there. If I scroll (even though I can't see it) and select enter, then the image "underneath" changes. And then here's the other problem...

If I do apply another theme I get the main menu that is just a black screen with white text. No color bars. Nothing. Then all I can do is to go into the properties file and change back to the default theme again.

I've restarted many times.

Thing is, everything worked great with 6.3.4a.

Anyone have any clues?
Did you actually get to switch to the v6.3.5 STV? Try closing your client, opening your sageclient.properties and change the STV to be loaded to SageMC_169.xml and see if that helps. I saw the same thing when I updated my client last night and I think that is what I had to do.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-15-2007, 03:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbot3 View Post
I am running SAGETV 6.2.10 with SAGEMC 6.4.5 and JAVA 1.6.02 and everything works great except for one problem.

When watching a DVD or an imported media file, if I hit the "LiveTV" button on the MCE remote sage hangs. The log just shows a count of the hang time until I manually kill the process via the task manager. This does not happen if I switch to the default STV.

Is there any way to control the behavior of the remote to make the "LiveTV button" do nothing if a video is already playing?
I just tried to reproduce it here with DVDs and imported video files, but all I get is that the video stops, and SageMC is still responsive. Not sure what I can do about it...

Dirk
Old 10-15-2007, 03:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
Hi Jason,

The intent was that the first setting enable/disable all guide coloring and the second just toggle between the old and new methods when guide coloring is enabled. Hope that makes sense. I can see now where this could be confusing. Sorry about that.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
This is really old code, I have never touched it. I might have a look at how this is done in the default STV for a future version, but since this functionality is available in the default STV and not needed that frequently it's not really a high priority for me...

Dirk

I agree with you.

It is not needed frequently and probably don't even need it anymore in SageMC since you changed how setup works now by going to SageTV default setup and offer an option to go back to SageMC which I think is neat feature and quicker too.

I only use Edit Channel when the sat or cable provider add some new channels or move some channels in lineup which happens like only twice a month or so.

Keep up the great work!
Bill
Closed Thread