SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 05:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I think you need to either install Cygwin as per neilm's instructions for the webtext plugin or choose to use an external browser in the options.

Aloha,
Mike
Thanks, will try this evening!

You have any idential link to where I have to go to so I can activate/test the @Email function perhaps?

Jan
Old 10-05-2007, 05:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParedis View Post
Thanks, will try this evening!

You have any idential link to where I have to go to so I can activate/test the @Email function perhaps?

Jan
Hi Jan,

all you have to do is to edit your email account information in mailaccounts.xml, no further setup necessary.

Dirk
Old 10-05-2007, 05:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
I do know now that you should select "Resume" on the menu instead of pressing Play on remote but it just force of habit to press stop/play on remote and when I see that the menu still up so I press stop again to try to get rid of it but I keep forgetting that it locks up SageTV GUI.

Bill

Thanks Bill, will fix that for 6.3.4b

Dirk
Old 10-05-2007, 06:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

If I pad a recording, it doesn't show that padded time on the time bar (at the bottom of the screen). Is this configurable? I'd like to be able to see this padded time... (causes heart failure when you are recording a sporting event and it appears the padding didn't work). I think I've gone through every setting and didn't see it - but it's possible I missed it.

While I'm on the time bar, my wife loved having the actual current time on the time bar (default STV) and with MC it's now gone. Is this configurable? Again, I couldn't find it...

Otherwise love this interface... very nice!
Old 10-05-2007, 07:52 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Nope, did double check and I got in my file manager view setup "Show hidden files".

To test, I did rename a .jpg in zzz.jpg so it would be ignored. I rescanned and indeed, no picture displayed anymore for that movie. I did than an IMDB search and saved the picture from that movie, Sage did save this .jpg under the identical name as the .avi. After a rescan Sage displayed again the picture. So to me it seems that the .jpg is supposed to have the identical name as the .avi.

Jan
hmmm very odd indeed. I wish mine worked the way yours is. I wonder what could be different in our setups?! Do you by chance have multiple images in your folder as I do, or just the one?
Old 10-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
hmmm very odd indeed. I wish mine worked the way yours is. I wonder what could be different in our setups?! Do you by chance have multiple images in your folder as I do, or just the one?
I got just one picture per directory (and one movie). What can you do with multiple (except for changing now and than the main image)?

Jan
Old 10-05-2007, 09:55 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
I got just one picture per directory (and one movie). What can you do with multiple (except for changing now and than the main image)?

Jan
Well, when using Meedio with a plugin called MovieNight, it can rotate thru the images as you view the details of the movie.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Hi Jan,

all you have to do is to edit your email account information in mailaccounts.xml, no further setup necessary.

Dirk
Dirk,

I did update the mailaccounts.xml, got a "Could not connect to mail server. See log file for details." message. The log file gave:

2007-10-05 17:49:15,915 ERROR [DiscoveryListener daemon] net.sbbi.upnp.DiscoveryListener (?:?) - IO Exception during UPNP DiscoveryListener messages listening thread
java.net.SocketException: socket closed
at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive0(Native Method)
at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive(Unknown Source)
at java.net.DatagramSocket.receive(Unknown Source)
at net.sbbi.upnp.DiscoveryListener.listenBroadCast(Unknown Source)
at net.sbbi.upnp.DiscoveryListener.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I checked, and noticed an error in my pwd. Corrected it and now I do no longer get the "Could not ..." message. I stopped Sage completely, cleaned the log, started again, and immediately got same log. Could this be a Java issue? I'm running 6.0_03.

Jan
Old 10-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I think you need to either install Cygwin as per neilm's instructions for the webtext plugin or choose to use an external browser in the options.

Aloha,
Mike
Mike,

Thanks! It worked. The RSS XML feeds do contain some unwanted text, but it beats nothing A first step ...

I entered the RSS feed URL's on my PC, works find. But now I have to enter them on my MVP, a pain ... Thought to enter them directly in the properties file, but they are not there (or I didn't see them). Do you know where they are stored?

Jan
Old 10-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Sage User

I cant seem to get the weather maps to display at all. The weather info is all correct for my city and my links are fine but nothing displays. Any idea what might be causing this?
Old 10-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaughb View Post
I cant seem to get the weather maps to display at all. The weather info is all correct for my city and my links are fine but nothing displays. Any idea what might be causing this?
Go into Detailed Setup, Advanced, Optimized Image Loader, disable it. That fixed the maps for me.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:54 PM
Sage User

that did it. Thanks a lot.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Does the MOVIE TIMES plugin still work? Anyone tried it?
Thanks,
Shawn
Old 10-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Hi,

My question has proberly been answered before but I cant seem to find the answer after searching this thread many times.

Anyway I have created a new menu for Sagemc with the help of Dirk and wanted seperate images for diffrent parts of the menu. My file structure goes like this, G:\TV Shows which contains all the indivual folders with TV shows inside those folders.
Example - G:\TV Shows\Monnlight\heroes.s02e01.720p.hdtv.x264-ctu or G:\TV Shows\The Sarah Conner Chronicals\sara.connor.chronicles.101.preair.dvdrip.xvid-crx.
I have two diffrent images which I wish to use, one name folder.jpeg and the other named the same as the show file name.

When viewing by folder the first screen looks great and how I want it (image1) when you click on the folder to veiw whats inside that folder the image then changes to another image which I use for the show banner (image2). Once the file has started playing it then uses the correct image for the episode info (image3).

Is it possible to use the same folder.jpeg image for the second tier folder image? So if when viewing folder image 1 and 2 they would be the same.
Not sure if that question makes any sense but we'll see if someone answers my post

Another small question Currently I have to name the banner image for use when you start playing an episode the same as the file name and for each file within that folder for it to work correctly. Would it be possible to craete a little addition to Sagemc which would allow the user to name an image as banner.jpg and that would then use the banner.jpeg for the show info when playing a file (as my image3).

Posted this a few days ago but I think it got over looked with all the other post due to the new release of Sagemc. (guide2 image)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Hi, first I'd like to say great work on the update

Is there any way to reduce the width of the guide channel number & image, I've attached a screen shot which will proberly explain a lot more than I can with words. As you can see there is a massive gap between the channel number and channel image.

Cheers

jaminben

Cheers

Ben
Attached Images
File Type: jpg guide_2.jpg (69.4 KB, 261 views)
File Type: jpg Image1.jpg (122.4 KB, 258 views)
File Type: jpg Image2.jpg (78.7 KB, 244 views)
File Type: jpg Image3.jpg (88.8 KB, 229 views)
Old 10-06-2007, 03:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

3 SageMC Questions

3 Quick Questions (I'm new to SageMC... I use a Headless Server with 5 MVPs)

1) Padded Shows - if I pad a show, the time bar does not show this (it shows the original show length). Padding appears to work fine, just doesn't show it. How can I change this so it shows the full recorded length (including padding)

2) Padding Shows - I liked the default Sage way to schedule padding (2 arrows, 1 for 1 minutes, 1 for 15 minutes in either direction). Is there a way to make MC do this? Clicking the + button on my remote for every minute padding is very tedious.

3) Timebar - The default Sage timebar shows the current time. The MC one doesn't. Anyway to add the current time to the MC timebar?

Sorry - I don't know if these are configuration questions, or require programming... I've been looking for these answers and haven't found them.

Thanks for your help! Great add-on!
Old 10-06-2007, 04:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFisher View Post
1) Padded Shows - if I pad a show, the time bar does not show this (it shows the original show length). Padding appears to work fine, just doesn't show it. How can I change this so it shows the full recorded length (including padding)
Not implemented. This is probably the most popular request for SageMC. Should this tell me anything ?

Quote:
2) Padding Shows - I liked the default Sage way to schedule padding (2 arrows, 1 for 1 minutes, 1 for 15 minutes in either direction). Is there a way to make MC do this? Clicking the + button on my remote for every minute padding is very tedious.
Yes, you can press FFWD/REW for incrementing/decrementing the padding by 15 minutes. Also, don't forget you can configure a default padding if you needed

Quote:
3) Timebar - The default Sage timebar shows the current time. The MC one doesn't. Anyway to add the current time to the MC timebar?
Not yet...

Dirk
Old 10-06-2007, 04:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Is it possible to use the same folder.jpeg image for the second tier folder image? So if when viewing folder image 1 and 2 they would be the same.
Not sure if that question makes any sense but we'll see if someone answers my post
No, the current logic always picks up the thumbnail from the wiz.bin (if available) before falling back to the folder.jpg

Quote:
Another small question Currently I have to name the banner image for use when you start playing an episode the same as the file name and for each file within that folder for it to work correctly. Would it be possible to craete a little addition to Sagemc which would allow the user to name an image as banner.jpg and that would then use the banner.jpeg for the show info when playing a file (as my image3).
Sorry, there are currently no plans to implement anything beyond the thumbnail / folder.jpg functionality

Quote:
Posted this a few days ago but I think it got over looked with all the other post due to the new release of Sagemc. (guide2 image)
Nope, hasn't been overlooked

Dirk
Old 10-06-2007, 04:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Mike,

Thanks! It worked. The RSS XML feeds do contain some unwanted text, but it beats nothing A first step ...

I entered the RSS feed URL's on my PC, works find. But now I have to enter them on my MVP, a pain ... Thought to enter them directly in the properties file, but they are not there (or I didn't see them). Do you know where they are stored?

Jan
Niel's code stores it in the file news.dat, which is unfortunately not easily editable.

Dirk
Old 10-06-2007, 04:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Dirk,

I did update the mailaccounts.xml, got a "Could not connect to mail server. See log file for details." message. The log file gave:

2007-10-05 17:49:15,915 ERROR [DiscoveryListener daemon] net.sbbi.upnp.DiscoveryListener (?:?) - IO Exception during UPNP DiscoveryListener messages listening thread
java.net.SocketException: socket closed
at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive0(Native Method)
at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive(Unknown Source)
at java.net.DatagramSocket.receive(Unknown Source)
at net.sbbi.upnp.DiscoveryListener.listenBroadCast(Unknown Source)
at net.sbbi.upnp.DiscoveryListener.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Could this be a Java issue? I'm running 6.0_03.

Jan

I also run Java 1.6. Looks like a different problem to me...

Dirk
Old 10-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shield View Post
Does the MOVIE TIMES plugin still work? Anyone tried it?
Thanks,
Shawn
Yep. I was just using it this morning.
Closed Thread