SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 10:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Just a few quick questions :

There are two STVi that I use and love.

autoaspectratio - this is a must have for me. I imported it on top of 6.3.4a and sage no longer loads the GUI. Is this on anyones radar?

tweider's enhancements - they make things so nice.

SO - neilm and tweider - please please please
Old 10-01-2007, 07:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
It's from the scaling insets. For now you can copy the theme.properties file from the default theme and change all of the scaling insets from 10 to 0. That should hold you until I get the update released.

Aloha,
Mike
Thanks a lot Mike! I'll try this when I get home from work.

Can't live without the Liquid Theme anymore!

Carl
Old 10-01-2007, 07:26 AM
Sage Icon

I've been using the standard main menu for all these...years now, and am considering using the dynamic main menu. I just got SageTV upgraded to the latest version (after about 3-6 months of using the same version), and installed the latest SMC (well, I see I'm a version behind already...).

So, what is involved in doing this, just set it up in the Main Menu Option dialog? Since I haven't done this before, is there a possible hangup that I could run into? I think I tired it a long time ago, and ended up jacking things up so bad, it took me a couple hours just to get it back the way it was before I started...I just don't want a repeat of that (my wife is already ticked about losing two episodes of Grey's Anatomy, because of a EPG issue)...

Dirk, thanks again for all your work on this. It's been amazing, and I'm loving the new features. I went through all the SMC Options menus looking for all the additions since last time - thank you so much for re-organizing the options in better to understand locations. I'm sure it's been pointed out, but I didn't have time to go back and read 10 pages of posts!
Old 10-01-2007, 07:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Just a few quick questions :

There are two STVi that I use and love.

autoaspectratio - this is a must have for me. I imported it on top of 6.3.4a and sage no longer loads the GUI. Is this on anyones radar?

tweider's enhancements - they make things so nice.

SO - neilm and tweider - please please please
The tweider enhancements were already included in the new version:

Quote:
Integration of SageMC enhancements

Twieder provided great features in his Enhancement plugin, and I included some of them in this new version

scrollbars for tables / lists
setting to hide list numbers
highlight current recording, specify color / alpha
setting for opacity of OSD background
folder icon for grouped recordings
Were you looking for more?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:12 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
I've been using the standard main menu for all these...years now, and am considering using the dynamic main menu. I just got SageTV upgraded to the latest version (after about 3-6 months of using the same version), and installed the latest SMC (well, I see I'm a version behind already...).

So, what is involved in doing this, just set it up in the Main Menu Option dialog? Since I haven't done this before, is there a possible hangup that I could run into? I think I tired it a long time ago, and ended up jacking things up so bad, it took me a couple hours just to get it back the way it was before I started...
It's not that hard to do. I think A few versions back it might have had some issues, but I haven't had any in a looong time. It's very easy to setup and customize. The only issues I ever had is that it was trying to load the wrong file for the menus once. I have switched between the normal and dynamic many times in the past without issues as well. Just backup your Sage directory and give it a whirl. If it screws up just roll-back to the backup.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
The tweider enhancements were already included in the new version:
Were you looking for more?
Gerry
OK - so it seems like that list of enhancements hits most of what I miss about tweiders STVi. I guess I can't find where to set those in the new menu layout. I'll hunt about some more.

Dirk - one of the tweaks I've made to my local SMC install is to extend tweiders OSD opacity setting to the miniguide. If you get a chance to make that 'official' that would rock.

EDIT - never mind about that last bit - looks like you already worked that in. Well done!

Thanks,
btl.

Last edited by bialio; 10-01-2007 at 08:25 AM.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Sage Fanatic

added feature to add title/keyword favorite from IMDB search

How exactly does one do this with the latest release (6.3.4a)? Probably obvious, but I'm not finding it in my menu navigation...

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-01-2007, 02:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
How exactly does one do this with the latest release (6.3.4a)? Probably obvious, but I'm not finding it in my menu navigation...

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once you have the IMDB info screen open, bring up the options menu, and you'll find two new options "Create Title Favorite" and "Create Keyword Favorite"

Dirk
Old 10-01-2007, 02:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
Finally got a screenshot for you. The display option 'show folder for single video' is disabled. It looks the exact same when it is enabled. The second image shows the view when using groups. This is how I imagine the first image should look like. I just updated to 6.3.4a and 'play' on any movie in those views still doesn't do anything. I'm assuming it's because Sage still thinks of it as a folder and not the movie within that folder.
So to reiterate, you have

E:\movies\title1\title1.avi
E:\movies\title1\folder.jpg
E:\movies\title1\other.jpg [...]
[...]

and E:\movies set as your import dir ?

Can you post your properties file ?

Dirk
Old 10-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

I got a question about IMDB.

I notice in guide on some of the show info have the wrong IMDB information and photo because of the same title name.

Example there a TV show and a Movie with same title but it pick the one from the movie when it actually the tv show that is listed on the guide.

How do I go and change it to the correct one since it avaiable on the IMDB?

Bill
Old 10-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Once you have the IMDB info screen open, bring up the options menu, and you'll find two new options "Create Title Favorite" and "Create Keyword Favorite"

Dirk

SageTV service has been crashing a lot while I navigate the placeshifter client running this new version.. I'll keep an eye on it!

When you mention the IMDB info screen.. you mean after I lookup a show that already exists in the guide someplace? Is there a way to search IMDB for a show, then add it as a favorite.. without it first being in the guide?

Thanks again for all you hard work!!!
Old 10-01-2007, 03:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
I got a question about IMDB.

I notice in guide on some of the show info have the wrong IMDB information and photo because of the same title name.

Example there a TV show and a Movie with same title but it pick the one from the movie when it actually the tv show that is listed on the guide.

How do I go and change it to the correct one since it avaiable on the IMDB?

Bill
Select the correct show from the IMDB search results, and press "Save" in the IMDB screen. This will save the new thumbnail for the show. Note that you most likely will have to restart the UI to pick up the new image, this is caused by the image cache in the SageTV core, and there's currently no way for an STV to clear this cache.

Dirk
Old 10-01-2007, 03:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
So to reiterate, you have

E:\movies\title1\folder.jpg
E:\movies\title1\other.jpg [...]
[...]

and E:\movies set as your import dir ?

Can you post your properties file ?

Dirk
very close it's actually:

E:\movies\title1\title1.jpg
E:\movies\title1\title1_2.jpg
E:\movies\title1\title1_3.jpg [...]
[...]

I use the server so I attached both properties, since I'm not sure which would be more relevant for the imported movies.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageClient.zip (10.8 KB, 189 views)
File Type: zip Sage.zip (9.6 KB, 183 views)
Old 10-01-2007, 03:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
SageTV service has been crashing a lot while I navigate the placeshifter client running this new version.. I'll keep an eye on it!
If this continues to happen, and you have the core animations enabled, then try a while without animations and see if it makes a difference

Quote:
When you mention the IMDB info screen.. you mean after I lookup a show that already exists in the guide someplace? Is there a way to search IMDB for a show, then add it as a favorite.. without it first being in the guide?

Thanks again for all you hard work!!!
Yeah, you either need to start from the EPG or the Program Info screen. But wait, there's another option: you can create a custom menu linked to the "IMDB Search" internal screen, this should work too...

Dirk
Old 10-01-2007, 03:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
very close it's actually:

E:\movies\title1\title1.jpg
E:\movies\title1\title1_2.jpg
E:\movies\title1\title1_3.jpg [...]
[...]

I use the server so I attached both properties, since I'm not sure which would be more relevant for the imported movies.
I guess I know the problem: you need to name the cover art you want to have displayed "folder.jpg", and not "title1.jpg"

Dirk
Old 10-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
If this continues to happen, and you have the core animations enabled, then try a while without animations and see if it makes a difference

Yeah, you either need to start from the EPG or the Program Info screen. But wait, there's another option: you can create a custom menu linked to the "IMDB Search" internal screen, this should work too...

Dirk
Okay.. I tried some more.. more crashes... I disabled the core animations, and the problem seems to have stopped! Good Call!!!

As for IMDB, I'll try what you suggest with the custom menu.. Is it possible to create favorites that contain BOTH Title and Keywords? Like "Arthur" and "Dudley Moore" to get the non-cartoon movie of Arthur and not the kids show? Perhaps even logic.. instead of Title AND actor, perhaps Title and NOT actor... So you could record say "Title=Saturday Night Live", "Actor NOT Sylvestor Stallone".. or whatever...
What would be ideal with IMDB would be to 'add THIS show as a favorite' and have SageTV know by Title and maybe Show ID or some other such thing that would more or less guarantee you got the show you were looking at..

Anyhow, just rambling... crashes seem to have stopped.. so I'm happy!!
Old 10-01-2007, 04:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
As for IMDB, I'll try what you suggest with the custom menu.. Is it possible to create favorites that contain BOTH Title and Keywords? Like "Arthur" and "Dudley Moore" to get the non-cartoon movie of Arthur and not the kids show?
Well from the IMDB screen you can only create a title OR a keyword favorite. But if you edit the created favorite you can add the other criteria, both is now supported in 6.3.4

Quote:
Perhaps even logic.. instead of Title AND actor, perhaps Title and NOT actor... So you could record say "Title=Saturday Night Live", "Actor NOT Sylvestor Stallone".. or whatever...
For any such complex logic you could have a look at my Anti-Fav plugin

Dirk
Old 10-01-2007, 04:06 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Select the correct show from the IMDB search results, and press "Save" in the IMDB screen. This will save the new thumbnail for the show. Note that you most likely will have to restart the UI to pick up the new image, this is caused by the image cache in the SageTV core, and there's currently no way for an STV to clear this cache.

Dirk
Where is the IMDB screen or search result? All I see is that it add the photo to program info but I did not add it or done anything to it. I am running SageMC 6.3.4a and don't see no IMDB listed anywhere in menu or program guide or anthing like that

Bill
Old 10-01-2007, 04:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I guess I know the problem: you need to name the cover art you want to have displayed "folder.jpg", and not "title1.jpg"

Dirk
Seriously? It shows any cover that I have named the same as the avi, and works under the other view types such as genre or group.

Yup, sure enough. I just changed one of my movies cover to folder.jpg to test and that did it. Man this is going to be painful. Maybe I'll figure out how to use one big group and forgo all the cover renaming changes. Sage is not the only frontend I use to acess my movies, and renaming all those would mean a huge change.

Last edited by kricker; 10-01-2007 at 04:15 PM. Reason: just tested it
Old 10-01-2007, 04:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
Where is the IMDB screen or search result? All I see is that it add the photo to program info but I did not add it or done anything to it. I am running SageMC 6.3.4a and don't see no IMDB listed anywhere in menu or program guide or anthing like that

Bill
In the "Program Info" screen, bring up the options menu (Options command or 'ESC' on the keyboard), and select IMDB Search. If there are multiple matching results, you'll see a result table from which you can choose from, otherwise it'll go to the IMDB info screen straight away.

Dirk
Closed Thread