SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 02:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Ah ok, I thought that if someone has channel logos installed for a channel he would also want to have them displayed wherever possible... If this is not the case it shouldn't be too hard to add a setting for this

Dirk
It would be much appreciated if you could add a setting for it - I like the icons in the mini guide and information but would prefer the EPG to be as plain on the eye as possible.

Just been playing with the RSS html reader and e-mail client - brilliant additions

Many thanks,
Alex

Last edited by Alfiegerner; 09-30-2007 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:56 PM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to devinteske Send a message via AIM to devinteske Send a message via MSN to devinteske Send a message via Yahoo to devinteske
Main Menu drawing bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp View Post
The only issue that I've noticed so far is that if that if I enable mce style menus the menu bar appears on top of the menu text. This is easily worked around though I do prefer to use the mce style on my main pvr (see attached image).
I seem to have the same problem. Except, instead of the bar appearing over the text and blocking ALL of the text, in my case, it seems that the text is translucent behind the bar. It makes it hard to read the text (though, not impossible). Seems to be a bug in the ordering of the layers in which the objects appear. Should be as simple as making sure that the text is rendered AFTER the bar. See attached image.

--
Cheers,
Devin

P.S. Thanks for the update.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg main_menu_draw_bug.jpg (50.9 KB, 250 views)
Old 09-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to devinteske Send a message via AIM to devinteske Send a message via MSN to devinteske Send a message via Yahoo to devinteske
Main Menu icon bug

When you are in the main menu (dynamic menu disabled), and you highlight any menu item that has an icon, then subsequently press the right arrow to highlight the weather add-on (the add-on that shows you the current temperature on the bottom right of the main menu), the umbrella icon appears in conjunction with icon for the previously highlighted menu item.

Please see attached image.

For example, in the attached image, you will see that (since I had previously highlighted the "My TV" menu item in the main menu), the Umbrella icon (showing because I have the weather add-on highlighted in the bottom-right corner) is shown ON-TOP of the TV icon.
--
Cheers,
Devin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg main_menu_icon_bug.jpg (50.0 KB, 251 views)
Old 09-30-2007, 03:06 PM
Sage User

Repeat/Rerun icon bug

If you go into "Settings -> SageMC -> Main -> Global UI Options -> Display -> Icon Options", the "Rerun" icon (which indicates which shows are repeats/re-runs; this is usually a multi-colored circle with a "1" in the center), does not appear at the top of the column as do the rest of the icons.

See attached image for more details.

For example, you should see the icon at the top of the third column (to the left of the "Watched" icon column).
--
Devin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg repeat_icon_bug.jpg (31.5 KB, 244 views)
Old 09-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Sage User

Unknown main-menu bug?

I don't know if this is a bug or not. Most likely not. When using MCE style menus on the main menu, mouse-overs don't work for the menu (works for the Power button in the top left, works for the weather bar, but not for the main menu bar).

This may be because the main menu bar remains in the center of the screen and a mouse-over would cause unwieldy scrolling.

Just though I'd bring it up. It's not a big deal, because I can just use the cursor keys.
--
Devin
Old 09-30-2007, 03:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hi Gerry,

ahh now I know what you mean. If it's only the background for the options menus you are talking about then you don't have to wait : in addition to the scaling insets I have one more property that you can set: OptionsMenuColor (equivalent to the setting in the previous version). Just have a look at the theme.properties file in the default theme (the setting is commented out).

Dirk
Thanks Dirk. I did notice that being commented out so I left it alone.

Gerry

EDIT:Yep-that's what I was looking for. Thanks again.
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 09-30-2007 at 03:55 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:24 PM
SageTVaholic

6.3.4a

FYI: you can find an updated STV which addresses most of the issues found so far here

Dirk
Old 09-30-2007, 04:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinteske View Post
I don't know if this is a bug or not. Most likely not. When using MCE style menus on the main menu, mouse-overs don't work for the menu (works for the Power button in the top left, works for the weather bar, but not for the main menu bar).

This may be because the main menu bar remains in the center of the screen and a mouse-over would cause unwieldy scrolling.

Just though I'd bring it up. It's not a big deal, because I can just use the cursor keys.
--
Devin
Yeah, that's the way the MCE style menu is implemented, unfortunately it's not possible to change that.

Dirk
Old 09-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Thanks Dirk. I did notice that being commented out so I left it alone.

Gerry

EDIT:Yep-that's what I was looking for. Thanks again.
Thats exactly what I was looking for too.

Is anyone else using the glassy bars from the Liquid theme? I am still trying to figure out why all of my selection bars have pinched edges.

Carl
Old 09-30-2007, 04:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmolnar View Post
Thats exactly what I was looking for too.

Is anyone else using the glassy bars from the Liquid theme? I am still trying to figure out why all of my selection bars have pinched edges.

Carl
It's from the scaling insets. For now you can copy the theme.properties file from the default theme and change all of the scaling insets from 10 to 0. That should hold you until I get the update released.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-30-2007, 05:11 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm not sure if I missed this somewhere, but the latest STV update has a zip file full of Jar files and file related to email. Are there any special instructions for this stuff?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I'm not sure if I missed this somewhere, but the latest STV update has a zip file full of Jar files and file related to email. Are there any special instructions for this stuff?
Only two things you need to do to get the new e-mail and rss web page reading duntionality:

1. If you want to get the email up and running you need to edit the mailaccounts.xml to suit your e-mail account.

2. To get the rss web page reader working you need to install cygwin on your Sage server and specify the install of the text internet reading programs: follow the instructions here.

And that's it!

A question for Dirk or anyone in the know - is it possible to use the webpage browser to parse html e-mails or is this a future pipeline idea?
Old 09-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
FYI: you can find an updated STV which addresses most of the issues found so far here

Dirk
Thank you very much for the quick response Dirk - 6.34 really is a cracking release
Old 09-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Themes

Dirk, quick question about themes.

I used to use Foofaraw with SMC 6.3.3. Any idea if this theme will work with the new SMC version? I dont want to try because I dont want to break it and have to customise SMC again.

Or should I just wait for an updated Foofaraw theme to go with the new version of SMC?

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2007, 06:16 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by devinteske View Post
When you are in the main menu (dynamic menu disabled), and you highlight any menu item that has an icon, then subsequently press the right arrow to highlight the weather add-on (the add-on that shows you the current temperature on the bottom right of the main menu), the umbrella icon appears in conjunction with icon for the previously highlighted menu item.

Please see attached image.

For example, in the attached image, you will see that (since I had previously highlighted the "My TV" menu item in the main menu), the Umbrella icon (showing because I have the weather add-on highlighted in the bottom-right corner) is shown ON-TOP of the TV icon.
--
Cheers,
Devin
What?! You don't like to shield your TV from the rain with an umbrella
Old 09-30-2007, 06:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkatchalov View Post
Dirk, quick question about themes.

I used to use Foofaraw with SMC 6.3.3. Any idea if this theme will work with the new SMC version? I dont want to try because I dont want to break it and have to customise SMC again.

Or should I just wait for an updated Foofaraw theme to go with the new version of SMC?

Thanks!
It will most likely not work with 6.3.4. But I'm pretty sure it's already being worked on

Dirk
Old 09-30-2007, 06:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Cool, thanks.

Great work on SMC, keep it up & thanks.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for the 6.3.4a update. That's fixed the mce mode main menu.

I've just noticed a couple of slight glitches with the music library when viewing by album artist.

The following screenshot shows that when viewing by album artist and selecting an artist, the cursor/selection reticule thinger sits on top of the album art.

I like the new option in 'view by album' mode to view a single album per row along with a text description as in the picture below;

but with this setting enabled the view by artist (album artist) screen doesn't seem to have the ability to display in this mode so a single album graphic is displayed 1x1. The display setting for this screen seems to be derived from the view by album screen.

If there is only one album by a particular artist, the selection thinger displays on top of the album graphic;

though not if there are multiple albums by an artist;

Also, there are a few dialogs throughout where the default theme is used;

I could try to compile a list of these if it would be helpful.

Mick.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Excellent findings, and the screen shots helped a lot, I am able to reproduce all of those issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp View Post
Also, there are a few dialogs throughout where the default theme is used;

I could try to compile a list of these if it would be helpful.
Well, this is simply because the graphics don't exist in the theme (or are simple copies of the default theme ones). Guess you'd have to create those yourself...

Dirk
Old 09-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Finally got a screenshot for you. The display option 'show folder for single video' is disabled. It looks the exact same when it is enabled. The second image shows the view when using groups. This is how I imagine the first image should look like. I just updated to 6.3.4a and 'play' on any movie in those views still doesn't do anything. I'm assuming it's because Sage still thinks of it as a folder and not the movie within that folder.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vids.jpg (42.5 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg vids_groups.jpg (58.9 KB, 235 views)
Closed Thread