SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 10:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Dirk, can you tell me why my actor picture doesn't show up? It hasn't worked in the past several versions. I get a movie cover picture, and all other information... just not the actor pictures. I already applied the latest IMDB files and restarted.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-21-2007, 01:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Dirk, can you tell me why my actor picture doesn't show up? It hasn't worked in the past several versions. I get a movie cover picture, and all other information... just not the actor pictures. I already applied the latest IMDB files and restarted.
Neil informed me that it requires code changes too. Will have a look at it...

Dirk
Old 09-21-2007, 01:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0ng00se30 View Post
Same here... fresh installs of everthing for the new seasons! Maps will not display with 6.2.x and SageMC 6.3.3c.

--Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by talbot3 View Post
I recently upgraded to 6.2.10 and SAGEMC 6.3.3.c from 6.1.9 and 6.3.3.a, and the weather map images no longer load. In the client log there is an error that goes something like this:

java image.load failed weakReference

Anyone know how to fix this?
Try setting

ui/disable_native_image_loader=true

this fixed it for me...

Dirk
Old 09-21-2007, 01:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmcclung View Post
I upgraded to 6.2 last night and all is well so far except for one thing. Now when I go to My Videos no matter what combination I choose (File System, View By Folder) etc. It no longer keeps the files nested in their respective folders. IE: prior to the upgrade I had each video in it's own folder with it's own thumbnail. Some folders like "TV Shows" had multiple folder inside of them like "South Park" with files inside. Now all the files immediately show up when I go to My Videos and it is only like this inside of the SageMC theme. Everything works fine with the default theme. Any help is appreciated.
Enable debug logging and check if you see any errors...

Dirk
Old 09-21-2007, 02:33 PM
SageTVaholic

IMDB fix uploaded

FYI: I uploaded a fixed dev STV version which includes a fix for the IMDB pictures. You'll also need to install Niel's latest JAR file.

Dirk
Old 09-21-2007, 03:10 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Hi, Any reason why the guide colors doesnt work. This feature works fine with the default STV but not for the SageMC STV.

Thx
Old 09-21-2007, 04:22 PM
Sage Icon

Hi-i'm having an album art issue. This is only present on this stv due to the way it is handling view by artist. Basically, if i view by artist, a lot of my artists are not showing any cover art. Weird thing is that if I select the artist and then see the albums--all the cover art is there. It initially became apparent when viewing an artist with one album. Viewing the list-no art. drill down into the album...art shows up. This also happens when an artist has multiple albums as well. Any thought.
juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 09-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Try setting

this fixed it for me...

Dirk
This fixed it. Thanks!
Old 09-21-2007, 08:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC View Post
Hi-i'm having an album art issue. This is only present on this stv due to the way it is handling view by artist. Basically, if i view by artist, a lot of my artists are not showing any cover art. Weird thing is that if I select the artist and then see the albums--all the cover art is there. It initially became apparent when viewing an artist with one album. Viewing the list-no art. drill down into the album...art shows up. This also happens when an artist has multiple albums as well. Any thought.
juc
Can you check if you have any playlist in the system which still references songs that have been removed from the import dir ?

Dirk
Old 09-22-2007, 06:11 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Can you check if you have any playlist in the system which still references songs that have been removed from the import dir ?

Dirk
That fixed it!!! Thanks

One more question---when there are multiple albums in a artists folder, when viewing by artist-will it only pull the album art off of the first album (alphabetically)? I have some where my first album has no art, the rest do but when viewing by artist i still get no art. I'm working on updating everything anyway but just curious.
Thanks,
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 09-22-2007, 07:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC View Post
That fixed it!!! Thanks

One more question---when there are multiple albums in a artists folder, when viewing by artist-will it only pull the album art off of the first album (alphabetically)? I have some where my first album has no art, the rest do but when viewing by artist i still get no art. I'm working on updating everything anyway but just curious.
Thanks,
Juc
Hi JUC,

glad it worked

I just checked the code, and it does indeed only check one album. I will change this in the next version.

Dirk
Old 09-22-2007, 02:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Hi, Any reason why the guide colors doesnt work. This feature works fine with the default STV but not for the SageMC STV.

Thx
Hi jaminben,

guide coloring in SageMC is done exclusively by using color bar images. Here is the how-to from the download page (I admit it's not easy to find since it is only present on the older download page for SageTV <= 5.x) :

Quote:
Configuration for colored categories in the guide:

If you want to color a specific show category differently in the EPG, drop two image files 'tvguide_button_light_xxx_middle.png' and 'tvguide_button_xxx_middle.png' into the SageMCE/Images directory (take the existing files as a template and change the color in your favorite image editor), where 'xxx' denotes the category name.

Example: if you want different colors for sports events, create two files 'tvguide_button_light_sports event_middle.png' and 'tvguide_button_sports event_middle.png' in the Image directory and restart SageTV. All shows with the category 'sports event" will use the new image files instead of the standard ones. If there is no specific image file for a category, it will use the standard SageMC ones.
If you don't want to create them on your own, there is an excellent color guide bar package from MeInMaui available for download.

Dirk
Old 09-22-2007, 02:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmcclung View Post
I upgraded to 6.2 last night and all is well so far except for one thing. Now when I go to My Videos no matter what combination I choose (File System, View By Folder) etc. It no longer keeps the files nested in their respective folders. IE: prior to the upgrade I had each video in it's own folder with it's own thumbnail. Some folders like "TV Shows" had multiple folder inside of them like "South Park" with files inside. Now all the files immediately show up when I go to My Videos and it is only like this inside of the SageMC theme. Everything works fine with the default theme. Any help is appreciated.
Hi Justin,

did you only upgrade the SageTV version, or also the SageMC package ? The only change that had been made to SageMC was that single video files will now also be displayed in a folder (but thats opposite to what you are seeing anyway)... Which SageMC version are you using ? If you enable debug logging, do you see any errors in the log ?

Dirk
Old 09-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Sage User

DVD Import / Profiler / My Videos

I'm expanding the utlity of my SageTV server to include DVD movies. The movies are all stored on a NAS share. The server PC is a sole purpose Sage box running the 6.2 final release and the 6.3.3c release of SageMC. I have mediaMVP clients in three locations around the house.

I've got a few DVDs setup now. I have created a DVD Profiler database (3.1). I've set the DVD profilier path in SageMC options to the directory containing the cover art images in the profilier database. I've got the collection.xml setting to the appropriate file as well.

I can scan/import the profiler database. I get all text information but no cover art is imported. Is there something I'm missing?

Another question, I've set (and removed) the setting for offline DVD directory to be the same NAS share where the files are located. I've run the "Import Offline Video" option and saw that it created 1kb .mpg files for each of my videos but that seemed to now get duplicate entries for my videos in the "my videos" share. One entry will launch the move and the other when I click it will popup saying "insert DVD". What is the purpose of this "offline DVD" setting?

Thanks,

Keith
Old 09-22-2007, 06:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBoneJones View Post

I've got a few DVDs setup now. I have created a DVD Profiler database (3.1). I've set the DVD profilier path in SageMC options to the directory containing the cover art images in the profilier database. I've got the collection.xml setting to the appropriate file as well.

I can scan/import the profiler database. I get all text information but no cover art is imported. Is there something I'm missing?
Double-check if your path to the images is correct, see this post

Quote:
Another question, I've set (and removed) the setting for offline DVD directory to be the same NAS share where the files are located. I've run the "Import Offline Video" option and saw that it created 1kb .mpg files for each of my videos but that seemed to now get duplicate entries for my videos in the "my videos" share. One entry will launch the move and the other when I click it will popup saying "insert DVD". What is the purpose of this "offline DVD" setting?
Well, the offline setting is for DVDs you do not have ripped to the harddrive, but which you still want to be appear in your video library (with coverart and info). For this purpose you catalog your DVDs in DVDProfiler and import them as "offline" videos, which will create those fake mpeg files (which are needed in order to add them to the SageTV database). When you want to watch one of those DVDs, you will of course have to insert the DVD physically into your DVD drive.

Dirk
Old 09-22-2007, 07:05 PM
Sage User

[QUOTE=flachbar;239033]Double-check if your path to the images is correct, see this post

Dirk,

Thanks for the quick reply. That was the issue. I was pointing to the "images" subfolder in the profiler database directory. When I switched to the parent folder for the database files all was fine.

Also, thanks for the clarification on the offline DVD information.

-Keith
Old 09-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Hi jaminben,

guide coloring in SageMC is done exclusively by using color bar images. Here is the how-to from the download page (I admit it's not easy to find since it is only present on the older download page for SageTV <= 5.x) :

If you don't want to create them on your own, there is an excellent color guide bar package from MeInMaui available for download.

Dirk
Cheers Dirk
Old 09-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Dirk:

Quote:
Try setting

this fixed it for me...

Dirk
Set this but it did not bring back the maps on my MVP (I set it in both the Sage & client properties)

Have I got something else causing them to not show up. Or is everyone with MVPs still having this issue ??
Server: Intel DH55HC MB, Intel Core i5-661 CPU, 4 GB Corsair PC3 10666 RAM, 2 Ceton InfiniTV 4s (Comcast), RocketRAID 2740 16PORT SAS 6.0Gb Controller, 2.56TB TV Storage (4 WD Caviar Black 640GB SATA 6.0Gb Drives), 8.5TB Movie Storage, Norco 4220 Case, Corsair HX750 PS, W7 Professional (Windows Media Center), TunerSalad Foot Long, My Channel Logos, & MYMovies.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:48 AM
SageTVaholic

No. Once I set that it works fine on my MVPs. Make sure the Sage server is shutdown when you edit the properties in the clients folder.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Did that, stopped the service, changed the setting & then re started... Does it need a restart (ie power down) of the MVP ??
Server: Intel DH55HC MB, Intel Core i5-661 CPU, 4 GB Corsair PC3 10666 RAM, 2 Ceton InfiniTV 4s (Comcast), RocketRAID 2740 16PORT SAS 6.0Gb Controller, 2.56TB TV Storage (4 WD Caviar Black 640GB SATA 6.0Gb Drives), 8.5TB Movie Storage, Norco 4220 Case, Corsair HX750 PS, W7 Professional (Windows Media Center), TunerSalad Foot Long, My Channel Logos, & MYMovies.
Closed Thread