SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
I just checked, YouTube seems to work fine, but on Google Video I get

Code:
Mon 9/17 12:25:09.108 sage.media.rss.RSSException: RSSParser::parse fails: Prema
ture end of file.Mon 9/17 12:25:09.109  at sage.media.rss.RSSParser.parse(Unknow
n Source)
Mon 9/17 12:25:09.109   at sage.media.rss.RSSParser.parseXmlFile(Unknown Source)
for "Top 100 New Videos" and "Popular Videos", and the "Movies" section is empty (without exception). Double checked default STV (6.2.7), same happens there...
This is because there are some videos that are invalid for the RSS feed in some way, so the Google RSS result is blank. You'll have to reduce the top 100 from downloading all 100 (or 98) to something like 97 or less. The Movies feed probably does something similar, unless the movie type just isn't valid any more.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
This is because there are some videos that are invalid for the RSS feed in some way, so the Google RSS result is blank. You'll have to reduce the top 100 from downloading all 100 (or 98) to something like 97 or less. The Movies feed probably does something similar, unless the movie type just isn't valid any more.

- Andy
Thanks Andy, I'll check how this is done in the default STV...

Dirk
Old 09-17-2007, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks Andy, I'll check how this is done in the default STV...
The default STV now loads all the online video link info via properties files in the OnlineVideos subdirectory & I just changed the top 100 to download only 97 videos via the 'num' argument of the URL. This makes it easier for us to update those links w/o having to distribute a new STV.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The default STV now loads all the online video link info via properties files in the OnlineVideos subdirectory & I just changed the top 100 to download only 97 videos via the 'num' argument of the URL. This makes it easier for us to update those links w/o having to distribute a new STV.

- Andy
Looks like I have some work to do...

Do you remember with which STV version the code changed to use the property file, so I can diff the STVs and find the new code more easily?

Thanks,
Dirk
Old 09-17-2007, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Do you remember with which STV version the code changed to use the property file, so I can diff the STVs and find the new code more easily?
It was done between the v6.1.9 release & the first v6.2.4 beta. I'll warn you, though: it wasn't just a few lines of code changes. There were quite a few things changed to handle the properties files, caching the results of each list for 5 minutes, adding the category bar, etc. Also, when the Main Menu and Screen Saver menus are entered, they check the cache to see if any of the online video info is out of date, so it can be freed.

- Andy
Old 09-17-2007, 02:29 PM
Sage User

Commercial Skip

I'm trying to get the commercial skip feature to work, but it doesn't seem to do anything at all on my computer. Is there something I am missing? Do I need to download and import anything other than the basic SageMC package?

I have commercial skipping enabled, with all of the options enabled.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlyraver View Post
I'm trying to get the commercial skip feature to work, but it doesn't seem to do anything at all on my computer. Is there something I am missing? Do I need to download and import anything other than the basic SageMC package?

I have commercial skipping enabled, with all of the options enabled.
As I am also a recent newbie, I'll help you out. The SageMC package simply allows for the correct usage/playback of comskip-generated files. You still need to actually run comskip on your recorded programs to generate the comskip data files.

I got information from this thread: Comskip Playback for Default STV. Scroll down to the section entitled "Additional Information".

I personally use Comskip Monitor and output .edl files (rather than .txt files) as shown in the thread above in the section entitled "Commercial Detection Output".

Hope this helps.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It was done between the v6.1.9 release & the first v6.2.4 beta. I'll warn you, though: it wasn't just a few lines of code changes. There were quite a few things changed to handle the properties files, caching the results of each list for 5 minutes, adding the category bar, etc. Also, when the Main Menu and Screen Saver menus are entered, they check the cache to see if any of the online video info is out of date, so it can be freed.

- Andy
Thanks Andy. Yeah, maybe I'll better leave that for some other time...

Dirk
Old 09-18-2007, 07:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for looking into that Dirk. As reference, I've got the latest SageMC 6.33c I think and the latest Sage beta release (AFAIK- updated a week or two ago).

There's something I've always wished I could do and maybe its there and I just don't know how to do it, but if not consider it a feature request.

I'd like to have an easier way of clearing space on my recordings drive from within sage when things are getting tight. Right now I have to go through the list manually and click on the show, click delete and then confirm for everything I delete. I have always thought being able to delete a group would be useful instead of having to delete each show within a group individually. Thinking about this a little more, maybe having an option that displays something like a checkbox to mark shows for deletion like a webmail or online shopping cart would enable us to quickly select a bunch of old things that are no longer needed to free space quickly. I know sage will delete things as it needs space, but I've always got stuff that I will never watch or have no desire to keep and would rather I take charge, rather than let Sage decide which goes.

Thanks again for all your hard work. I finally got my HDHomerun working properly again and am all set for fall series to begin.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:39 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbig119 View Post
Right now I have to go through the list manually and click on the show, click delete and then confirm for everything I delete. I have always thought being able to delete a group would be useful instead of having to delete each show within a group individually.
Sage will automatically delete old files when space is needed. Also you can delete an entire group in SageMC by using the options menu when you have selected the group in the recording list.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Clearing the end of recorded show dialog

So one thing that bugs me about Sage (and quite possibly this is the only thing that bugs me!) is once you finish watching a recorded show, you get a big ol dialog box asking you what to do with the recording - delete, set watched, etc. This is fine, but what I don't like is that there is no way to backup and watch the last little bit of the recorded show - the dialog box just doesn't go away!

This happens to me frequently. I'll be watching a show, and want to see a preview of next weeks show. Right as "Next week on Flash Gordon..." starts to play, commercial skip kicks in, and takes me to the end of the recording. So the only way I have to get back to there is to start the show over, disable auto comm skip, and FF all the way to the end. I could also see the same scenario happening when skipping manually and going too far.

What would be nice (and what Tivo does I think) is once you reach the end, if you skip backwards with any of the positioning controls, the dialog box goes away.

Is this something that could be implemented in SageMC? Or is this an underlying piece of functionality in the Sage core?
Old 09-18-2007, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Yeah, maybe I'll better leave that for some other time...
I figure there are probably more interesting changes to look into for now.

But, just so you know: I think the old movies category might have been removed as an RSS feed option from Google Videos. (If it hasn't been removed, it sure does return a blank list quite consistently.) If you feel like trying something new, replace "type:movie" with "genre:movie_feature". We are considering using that in a future update.

- Andy
Old 09-18-2007, 09:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
Sage will automatically delete old files when space is needed. Also you can delete an entire group in SageMC by using the options menu when you have selected the group in the recording list.
The first part I know about, but don't necessarily trust it to make the best choices for me; The second item I didn't know about and I'll try it tonight when I start trying to make some extra space.

Thanks for the info.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Is this something that could be implemented in SageMC? Or is this an underlying piece of functionality in the Sage core?
Shouldn't be too hard, I'll see if I can get this into the next version...

Dirk
Old 09-18-2007, 09:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I figure there are probably more interesting changes to look into for now.
Yeah, I know what you are thinking , but other than what already works out of the box nothing will be focused right now... But there are (older) changes that SageMC will catch up to...

Quote:
But, just so you know: I think the old movies category might have been removed as an RSS feed option from Google Videos. (If it hasn't been removed, it sure does return a blank list quite consistently.) If you feel like trying something new, replace "type:movie" with "genre:movie_feature". We are considering using that in a future update.

- Andy
Thanks for the info, I'll try this out

Dirk
Old 09-18-2007, 12:30 PM
Sage User

Comskip

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrencegf View Post
As I am also a recent newbie, I'll help you out. The SageMC package simply allows for the correct usage/playback of comskip-generated files. You still need to actually run comskip on your recorded programs to generate the comskip data files.

I got information from this thread: Comskip Playback for Default STV. Scroll down to the section entitled "Additional Information".

I personally use Comskip Monitor and output .edl files (rather than .txt files) as shown in the thread above in the section entitled "Commercial Detection Output".

Hope this helps.
I'm still a little confused - sorry, for the n00b questions.

I extracted Comskip into the SageTV folder and have the Comskip setting enabled in SageMC (didn't download any other related modules). Comskip seems to start, as I see it in the task manager, yet I do not see any results in the new recordings. What am I doing wrong?

Also, it seems as if Comskip is using a ridiculous amount of CPU resources. My processor (an AMD 6000+) averages about 6%-11% of use while using SageTV for any purpose. After installing Comskip, I see the CPU jumping to over 50% or so.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Sage User

My Videos aren't displaying correctly after upgrade

I upgraded to 6.2 last night and all is well so far except for one thing. Now when I go to My Videos no matter what combination I choose (File System, View By Folder) etc. It no longer keeps the files nested in their respective folders. IE: prior to the upgrade I had each video in it's own folder with it's own thumbnail. Some folders like "TV Shows" had multiple folder inside of them like "South Park" with files inside. Now all the files immediately show up when I go to My Videos and it is only like this inside of the SageMC theme. Everything works fine with the default theme. Any help is appreciated.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlyraver View Post
I'm still a little confused - sorry, for the n00b questions.

I extracted Comskip into the SageTV folder and have the Comskip setting enabled in SageMC (didn't download any other related modules). Comskip seems to start, as I see it in the task manager, yet I do not see any results in the new recordings. What am I doing wrong?

Also, it seems as if Comskip is using a ridiculous amount of CPU resources. My processor (an AMD 6000+) averages about 6%-11% of use while using SageTV for any purpose. After installing Comskip, I see the CPU jumping to over 50% or so.
The comskip code in SageMC is old code and not recomended to be used. The preferred method is disable the "background commercial processing" and to use Dirmon, Dirmon2, or another directory monitor like comskip monitor to spot new recordings and run either comskip or showanalyzer to create commercial skip files. With "commercial auto skip" enabled, SageMC will use the comskip/showanalyzer .edl/.txt files to autoskip the commercials.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shield View Post
Hello all, I'm using Sage6.2.4 beta with SageMC 6.3.3b. Everything's working great except when I try to view the weather maps no image is being displayed.

Anyone have the maps working with SageMC 16X9 and the 6.2.4 beta? Example: The current U.S. temperatures.
Shawn
I recently upgraded to 6.2.10 and SAGEMC 6.3.3.c from 6.1.9 and 6.3.3.a, and the weather map images no longer load. In the client log there is an error that goes something like this:

java image.load failed weakReference

Anyone know how to fix this?
Old 09-21-2007, 09:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbot3 View Post
I recently upgraded to 6.2.10 and SAGEMC 6.3.3.c from 6.1.9 and 6.3.3.a, and the weather map images no longer load. In the client log there is an error that goes something like this:

java image.load failed weakReference

Anyone know how to fix this?
Same here... fresh installs of everthing for the new seasons! Maps will not display with 6.2.x and SageMC 6.3.3c.

--Mike
Win7Pro, SageTV v6.6, SageMC, Intel E6850, 2048MB DDR2, , ATI4750, LG BR/HDVD/DVD-Rom,1xHDHR, 1xPVR-1600 (1x DirectTV , 1x Comcast Analog Cable, and 3x OTA Digital), USB-UIRT, and Harmony 300 Remote + 1 MVP Extender + 1 PC Client.
Closed Thread